• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 4, 2021

    Tech Support - Bluetooth earphones - volume vs power consumption

    Tech Support - Bluetooth earphones - volume vs power consumption


    Bluetooth earphones - volume vs power consumption

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:18 PM PST

    I know that increasing the volume on my Bluetooth earphone can drain the inbuilt battery faster but for a given decibel level, does keeping the mobile phone's volume maxed out while lowering the earphone's volume help save battery life of the earphones? Does the mobile's battery consumption go up with the volume maxed out presumably because it transmits more Bluetooth power?

    submitted by /u/inb4redditIPO
    [link] [comments]

    What is my best option for installing this Windows only software on a mac?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:23 AM PST

    I need to use a software package for my college course that is only available for Windows. I have an early 2020 mac mini, and I'm so happy to have a computer that is quick and responisve. I'm concerned that partitioning my drive for bootcamp might affect performance, and it looks like its irreversible once done? Could anyone advise me please whether this is a legitimate worry? Also, would I be opening up my entire drive (including the mac OS partition) to windows viruses and vulnerabilities? If so I might just get a cheap windows laptop instead. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/New-Bathroom8436
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a good lagswitch i can use?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:20 AM PST

    Is it normal that a finger pulse-oxymeter will show a reading in the 90-80 range for a few seconds every once in a while; or should I investigate whether it's a faulty product or a medical condition?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 02:19 PM PST

    Looking for a page or software that works like Google Drive or Dropbox but that let's me set a unique password for each person that i want to share these files to.,

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 11:02 AM PST

    My boss has some files that he would like to sell to by giving access to people to them for a month. He thought that the best way to do so would be to have each person that has access to this files a password that only they can use and that after 1 month it expires and can't be used to access the files anymore.
    Hope someone can help me. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BunnePunch
    [link] [comments]

    Two questions about bluetooth, phones, and keyboards.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:12 PM PST

    So I have a logitech wireless keyboard and I want to connect it up to my pixel 4a 5g phone. However it requires that I have a bluetooth receiver plugged into my phone in order for it to work.

    Here are my questions. First, is there anyway that I can hook up my keyboard to my phone without having to buying third party software or getting third party hardware. Secondly, while this may end up being the answer to my first question, I am genuinely curious if there is a way to plug my receiver into my laptop but have it transfer the signal over to my phone. So that my keyboard as a remote controller and my laptop acts more like an antenna.

    I am not a super technical person but I know my way around a laptop and I am always ready to learn more.

    submitted by /u/FloppyFluffyEars
    [link] [comments]

    If my Google account was synced between my phone and work but no longer, can my work still see my past search history or does it disappear?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 04:02 PM PST

    Best wifi 2 Ethernet option?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 08:17 AM PST

    Hey what's up guys,

    I have several Ethernet-only devices that I need to connect to my wifi network. A wire run to the area they are located is not possible. What is the best way for me to connect these things to the internet and ensure that they stay connected at all times?

    I am seeing some stuff available but everything I've found seems intended to only connect to a single device, and reliability is iffy. Example: IOGEAR GWU637

    What do I want? Some sort of wifi repeater with multiple Ethernet plugs? Is there a better way? Please help!

    submitted by /u/whatcheerhere
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to block/stop seeing a specific sub or am I stuck seeing things that I don’t care about?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:45 AM PST

    When you copy text from a PDF that has been formatted into a narrow column, it stays that way even when you paste it elsewhere as plain text. Is there an automated way to fix that?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 10:33 AM PST

    what's the difference between Tv screens and Mobiles and Tablets?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 09:55 AM PST

    I can't look at ANY and I do mean ANY mobile phone screen, tablet or laptop screen without getting an INSTANT migraine, it literally feels like my eyeballs are being squeezed by a pair of liars and my bones and muscles get extremely weak around my neck and back and my arms too.

    I don't get why TV screens are fine but the devices I mentioned are killing me

    submitted by /u/BlackCurses
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix my monitor?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:15 AM PST

    Yesterday I was taking apart my monitor to take the stand off so I can wall mount it but in the process of doing so I must have damaged something because a big black line appeared from top to bottom on the right side of the monitor.

    I have no idea where to get another panel or how to fix it please help me.

    The model is a samsung 27" curved monitor. C27f390

    submitted by /u/LostSadYoung
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat troubles

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:04 AM PST

    So earlier yesterday Snapchat wasn't working for my partner they went through all the proper steps of clearing cache and restarting the phone, and even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. They contacted Snapchat support who unlocked the account but that wasn't the actual issue seeing as it can be logged onto from my phone. Now the app will not open properly. The phone is a moto g3. Any tips on how to fix the issue would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/areaofunknown
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for options to get internet to a remote location.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    So there's this pandemic going on, and now I can work from home (yay). I have a cottage/camp/chalet that is in remote northern Ontario, Canada. I would like to move up there for the summer but still work.

    We cannot get internet through the regular ways (cable, fibre, or satellite). I've signed up hoping for starlink to be available in the area soon! But in the mean time I need to come up with back-up plans.

    We do have cell phone service through a booster. The actual cell tower is couple KM away.

    What can we do? Should I get unlimited data on my cell phone and do a hotspot, or are internet USB sticks still a thing? How do those work?

    Most of the work I do is emails and document editing. Teams meetings (which I can do just with voice). I do need to access a VPN to telework.

    submitted by /u/OldGreySweater
    [link] [comments]

    Norton vpn problem plz help

    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 05:47 AM PST

    Norton doesn't display my current region and when I change it it doesn't actually change the region and doesn't display it eather but says its connected I've looked it up on there website and found nothing thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/luk3_123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment