• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Why are there no cinemas with gigantic LCD / OLED screen instead of projectors? What are the reasons that companies like sharp and lg can't produce a few one off 32K mega tvs??

    Tech Support - Why are there no cinemas with gigantic LCD / OLED screen instead of projectors? What are the reasons that companies like sharp and lg can't produce a few one off 32K mega tvs??


    Why are there no cinemas with gigantic LCD / OLED screen instead of projectors? What are the reasons that companies like sharp and lg can't produce a few one off 32K mega tvs??

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:10 PM PST

    Looking for clip-on microphone, wich can connect to android phone

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:07 AM PST

    Hi, I'm looking for a clip-on (lavalier) microphone, that will easily connect to android phone and that will allow me to record videos with audio from that microphone. Is there something, you can recommend?

    submitted by /u/Edasur
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if this is a thing Wifi Extending/routing thingy... I don't know if there is a name for it.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Does such a device exist where I can connect it to a WiFi network, it then routes the internet through itself and broadcasts its own WiFi hotspot with a different name and password to the one it is connected to?

    I live in a shared accomodation and I'm sick of my flatmates casting to my firestick in my room and having access to all my other WiFi enabled gadgets. What id like is my own private wifi network that I can connect my gadgets to but use the internet connection provided by the accomodations WiFi.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Cprich22
    [link] [comments]

    Is the chip that powers a phone more powerful than a chip that powers a cars electronic system

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Is it possible to use a tablet as a phone screen?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 02:46 AM PST

    Is it possible to use my android 4.4.2 rooted tablet as a secondary screen on my android 9 micro usb phone? Both support otg have Bluetooth and wifi. But most existing wirless apps are too slow

    Are there portable screens designed for a micro usb conection out on the market?

    submitted by /u/miklauswright
    [link] [comments]

    question about quick charging and usb standards

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:56 PM PST

    I have a phone and wall adapter that are quick charge 3 compatible. the phone has a usb-c port. If I use a micro-usb cable with a usb-c adapter, will this prevent the quick charging?

    submitted by /u/__takio7
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help with my robot

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:37 PM PST

    How do I change VR settings on youtube?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I accidentally chose the wrong headset, and i cant change it

    submitted by /u/NATEEE247
    [link] [comments]

    What exactly happens when you download a file?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Just curious, and I can't find an answer by googling.

    Presumably an http request is sent (packet(s)) and a response comes back and there's a handshake and possibly encryption and stuff. But then does the server just dump the whole file through the internet, or does your computer have to keep sending it a "keep it coming" message to keep the download going?

    submitted by /u/Amaroq64
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to plug an HDMI cable into a TV set from 1959?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:17 AM PST

    I just purchased a working 1959 Zenith, and although I'm getting a digital-to-analog converter box, I'd also like to plug in my laptop if possible. I'm not an electrician, so I don't know if there are any modifications that could make that possible.

    submitted by /u/Tuckered__Out
    [link] [comments]

    NAS System for Sharing Working Files?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:24 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I'm looking to start doing some work with a friend of mine and we're attempting to find a system which allows us to work on the same files while being at our respective homes. I've got a few questions:

    Would NAS be the right answer for this? Can we keep a master set of files on a NAS system at my house, and both access it simultaneously? Can this just be done with a router with USB ports?

    If so, do you have any system recommendations that would work for this that wouldn't break the bank? I'm OK with spending a couple hundred bucks, but I've found some NAS systems that are around 800, and that's a little steep for me right now. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Freeupvotesforsale
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Get A Capture Card?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 06:36 PM PST

    I've started streaming recently and I have a really bad computer, so I can stream but I can't play games that I love such as Skyrim. I will be able to stream amazing games from consoles if I get a capture card. The bad thing about about it is that they are expensive, should I get one one and if so, should I get a more expensive one or a cheaper one?

    submitted by /u/Ike_Thorn
    [link] [comments]

    Video recorder app that allows background Spotify?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Hello. I'd like to record my workouts to upload for social media. The only problem I have is that my iPhone's default camera app pauses my Spotify whenever I start recording, and if I unpause my music the camera stops recording. Are they any third party apps that I can use to record while having Spotify in the background? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/odranel
    [link] [comments]

    512GB NVMe SSD for Lenovo 81SS000DUS

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:25 PM PST

    Hi,

    I just purchased one of these Lenovo Flex 14's and it has a 256GB NVMe SSD in it. Just curious what a 512GB would run me to replace it? Any NVMe would be compatible correct?

    submitted by /u/sheetmetalmike
    [link] [comments]

    PoE alarm/chime

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Our warehouse at work has multiple rooms where we pick and pack orders to be shipped by UPS. The problem we run into is that UPS comes at inconsistent times, so we often don't realize that the UPS driver has arrived and the packages in some of the rooms don't get brought out to the shipping area in time to be shipped.

    We have PoE enabled switches in each room that run back to our server, but access to wall outlets is limited.

    Is there a simple product that would would act like a doorbell that UPS could press each time they get into the building, that would alert all of the rooms that they have arrived? I've looked at the Ring doorbell but it seems much more complex than what we need.

    submitted by /u/ThreeJax
    [link] [comments]

    How to set up my PS4 to be played at my PC.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    Hello,

    After trying the playstation remote play feature and finding it sub par even on my local network, I'm looking for a way to play my PS4 through my PC so that I can play games and use discord at the same time.

    The two best options I can come up with is either getting an elgato (however there is a latency issue with this I believe) or getting a HDMI switcher for one of my monitors to go between the PC and PS4. The only problem with the latter option is the sound problem as the sound from the PS4 would default to coming out of the monitor as opposed to my PC headset which I would prefer.

    Any suggestions on anything I've got here or another kind of work around?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fire_head202
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop Bluetooth audio from cutting out

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:18 PM PST

    So I recently got a pair of Bluetooth headphones and I like them so far, but there is just one problem I have... When I listen to a specific song that has a few silent moments - as in no music, the headphones sort of fade out and in when the music starts again and because of that I miss some of the music and it's a reasonable amount to ruin the entire listening experience. So my question is how do I stop this from happening?

    submitted by /u/KRybar5
    [link] [comments]

    How do I screen cast while being on call?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 12:02 PM PST

    I watch movies through my phone using chromecast. Sometimes I watch them with VLC, but I have to use a screen casting app (I use castto), since chromecast doesn't show subtitles if I just cast directly from VLC. When I do this while being on a call with someone, all audio, both from the call and the movie, comes from my phone. Is there any way to get the audio to come from the tv while I still have the audio from the call coming from my phone? I can do this if I use just VLC, or any streaming service, it's the casting of the screen that makes this happen. I have a Huawei p20

    Sorry if this was badly explained

    submitted by /u/parisismyfriend
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app or software that allows video panorama stitching?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 07:52 AM PST

    Why is RAM in dual-channel always apart from each other?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:07 AM PST

    Maybe a bit silly but I've ever wondered why is the dual-channel on motherboards always kinda apart from each other?
    Like when you setup 2x8GB you place them in A1 and B1 or A2 or B2 where always is a gap between them.
    I couldn't find anything about this topic. Is there a reason why there is always a gap between each dual-channel?

    submitted by /u/S7zy
    [link] [comments]

    I want an android app for my kid with Google apps on it. Would it be best to get a cheap android tablet or sideload onto a fire tablet?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 10:15 AM PST

    I don't mind sideloading apps and the play store. I just want to know which is best in your learned opinion?

    submitted by /u/richh00
    [link] [comments]

    Sony WH-1000XM3 Charging

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:54 AM PST

    Can i use my dell xps 13 charger to charge my headphones or will it cause damage to the headphones???

    submitted by /u/wombaTs__
    [link] [comments]

    Creating moving background for a game.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 09:42 AM PST

    I created a game when you play as a submarine and need to dodge some stuff. The enemy stuff you need to avoid are moving down the screen to you while you stay in the same y on screen and can only move in x. I want to create somehow a moving background that shows some kind of a blue see with a moving down effect in order to create the feeling that the submarine moves and not the enemy stuff. If any1 know how i create such a looping video i would love to know.

    Thanks in advance :D

    Ps: this is a school project not some profit thing, i don't know if that matters :D.

    Edit: this is example of what i had in mind (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEME55uR5gI)[example] simple but gives the illusion that you are moving down and the stuff moving up

    submitted by /u/eallnickname
    [link] [comments]

    Can we reach real-life quality video indistinguishable from the real world?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2020 05:42 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment