• Breaking News

    Friday, February 5, 2021

    Tech Support - Will putting a SIM card in an unlocked phone lock the phone to new carrier?

    Tech Support - Will putting a SIM card in an unlocked phone lock the phone to new carrier?


    Will putting a SIM card in an unlocked phone lock the phone to new carrier?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:25 PM PST

    I have just bought a new phone that I am taking abroad. I bought the phone because StraightTalk is refusing to unlock my original phone. I need the new one to stay unlocked so I can put in a new SIM card abroad, but I still need to use my current StraightTalk service before I leave, so I am wondering if transferring the SIM card now will lock the phone or if I should just take both phones with me. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nintendx
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro M1

    Posted: 05 Feb 2021 04:21 AM PST

    Hi!

    I recently saw a MacBook Pro M1 on sale and I some questions, your help would be great.

    What do you think of MacBook Pro M1?

    The low ports are a problem?

    What the estimated lifespan of the product?

    What are the common problems with this laptop?

    submitted by /u/_SoEstouAVer_
    [link] [comments]

    Remarkable 2

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 07:15 PM PST

    Did anyone get the Remarkable 2 and if so, is it worth the money to buy it for work usage??

    submitted by /u/TJVD84
    [link] [comments]

    Are some screens worse for your eyes than others? I'm using a new laptop and i swear i get so much more eyestrain now

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:52 AM PST

    Simple QR Checker

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 06:17 PM PST

    First of all my apologies if this not right sub. A little background first. Currently working for a club and for private events, I am looking for a program that would allow me to control the guest list. I would like to know if there is a piece of software that would allow me to upload a list of the guests while generating a QR code for each one of them when someone by the door scans it would check their attendance

    submitted by /u/boring-animal-
    [link] [comments]

    Phones calling each other at the same time?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:42 PM PST

    I've had a couple incidents lately where I was receiving a call from someone and in that exact moment they were receiving a call from me. How is this possible and what is it?

    submitted by /u/annettelilyd
    [link] [comments]

    Question about (fake) SD cards

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 04:16 PM PST

    I'm looking to buy a 256gb micro SD. Amazon has two listed at the same price. One has 630k reviews but has a weird Chinese disclaimer. The other only has 19k reviews. I don't want to buy a fake card and I kinda don't know which one I should go with.

    630k review china one
    https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA-Ultra-256GB-microSDXC-Adapter/dp/B0758NHWS8

    19k review one
    https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-256GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08GY8NHF2

    submitted by /u/afvckingleaf
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to make a YouTube link go to a specific timestamp, and if so, how?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 01:17 PM PST

    I want to make a competing app, what is required to do it? Who do I hire?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 12:54 PM PST

    I work in mortgage inspections and processing, and I'm looking to create data entry app and corresponding website for insurance and mortgage information processing. The app would need the ability to use a smart phone camera and upload photos to server with data form. This platform will require IT support after it's completed and in use. The current industry standard is inspectorade.com. I've had to use this dinosaur for years and the owner has gotten lazy and refuses to fix the piles of redundancies.

    submitted by /u/AwarenessEuphoric
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know how to get quiz answers from ms forms while doing it?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 10:18 AM PST

    Does anybody know how to get quiz answers from ms forms while doing it?

    submitted by /u/alm7amid
    [link] [comments]

    Fitbit vs Apple Watch for iPhone users? Is there any edition that allows me to have Spotify + Bluetooth for my airpods without bringing my iPhone along?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 05:55 AM PST

    I would ideally like to listen to Spotify with just the watch and my earbuds. Not sure if this exists or is possible lol.

    I don't particularly need the texts/calls to come to the watch. I mainly want heart rate/steps/sleep tracking. But if the price difference for including texts/calls isn't bad then why not.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/MalignantEgg
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know where I can buy reasonably priced prox key HID cards or tags?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:16 AM PST

    Most websites are selling them in bulk of 100 minimum at ridiculous pricing, but I just need like two or 5 at most which are impossible to find.

    Any nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

    I asked on r/askelectronics but my question doesn't seem to fit the sub so I asked the mods and they sent me here.

    submitted by /u/Evilmaze
    [link] [comments]

    Android Apps unknowingly installing across devices

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 09:15 AM PST

    I've noticed a new problem - apps downloaded on my tablet are showing up on my phone. How do I stop this?

    I already know how to stop auto-updates. This is a different issue.

    For example, I downloaded Netflix on my tablet yesterday evening. I happened to notice Netflix is installed on my phone this morning (it never has been on my phone and I did not download it on my phone). It doesn't happen when I uninstall apps.

    Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. Phone is a Motorola Moto G Power. Tablet is wifi only, phone is Verizon. Both are Android. Makes no sense. Is this is a new feature of Google Play (I really hope not!)?

    submitted by /u/deviltrojanchic
    [link] [comments]

    if i were to put something that needs admin approval into a flashdrive would it work on another computer/laptop?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:16 AM PST

    if i were to put something that needs admin approval into a flashdrive would it work on another computer/laptop, like i approve it on 1 computer put it into a flash drive and put said flashdrive into another computer would it need admin approval again?

    submitted by /u/LOAF1731
    [link] [comments]

    How could one create the Silver Surfer's power and abilities (hypothetically)?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2021 08:12 AM PST

    I know nothing about technology. But I do see people wonder how to create the Iron Man suit, Ultron, Master Chief, etc. I am interested in understanding the science/tech involved in replicating the Silver Surfer's powers and abilities as closely as possible. Regardless of feasibility. Could anyone shed some light on this? Here is a link to his powers, abilities, and feats: https://characterprofile.fandom.com/wiki/Silver_Surfer. But to summarize, he can fly through space and literal stars unharmed, he can basically see and hear things from lightyears away, he casually incinerates entire solar systems with a wave of his hand, and he looks sexy as f*ck.

    submitted by /u/owldude53
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment