• Breaking News

    Monday, June 8, 2020

    Tech Support - Discord deleted messages

    Tech Support - Discord deleted messages


    Discord deleted messages

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    So today I was sending some discord DM messages that was about writing. I got carried away with explaining some of the lore in my story and deleted it to keep some of my ideas private. I was wondering if the text banners could still showcase the messages I deleted? Is that possible? Or do the deleted messages also delete the text banner associated with it? Thank you for any responses in advance.

    submitted by /u/Keinman1
    [link] [comments]

    I have 4 GB RAM and 3.96 is useable, whenever I follow the tutorials on how to use all the RAM, it changes to 2.89 useable. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2020 04:11 AM PDT

    Fourth of July Sales

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I'm looking forward to building my pc in the upcoming weeks, but I would prefer to use the Fourth of July sales to get better components for the same price. Any idea when the sales should start as well as when I should start really paying attention to the market? Could you also suggest some stores which I should specifically look through besides the major ones like Newegg?

    Thanks 🙂

    submitted by /u/okrupenin
    [link] [comments]

    We have a Roku box. How can I determine just how much data it pulls off of our WiFi? Running at 1080P, just might have to bring it down a bit, but what do?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Samsung galaxy A7 (2018) SD card support

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I have been slowly starting to get low on storage on my phone, I found there was a kingston SD card (512 GB storage) but it says it is "Optimsed for use of Android devices, format exFAT32" Does that mean my phone can't support it?

    submitted by /u/SilentSpear
    [link] [comments]

    Newly built PC - can I use my video card displays AND my MB's USBC/USB3.2 for additional monitors, or will my MB disregard them since the video card is being used?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I recently built my PC and wanted to know what I would need to connect up to 6 displays. Here's my build for specs. In short, I have an Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 MB and an MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X Video Card. Would I be able to use both my Video Card outputs AND USBC + USB 3.2 (both to HDMI) in conjunction with each other? Otherwise, what options do I have?

    I appreciate any and all your help with this.

    submitted by /u/SirHerDez
    [link] [comments]

    What Do You Think? Tech Blogs

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    My question for you all is what type of content does the tech community want?

    1. What are you tired of hearing, or wish was done better?
    2. What features do you want to see on a tech blog
    3. What information do you feel needs more attention brought to it?
    4. Are there specific tools or features that you feel other blog sites are missing?

    If you have any other input on things to do or make better about tech news sites, blogs, etc please let me know in the comments!

    Aking because I am considering taking my interests and putting together a passion project! I would like to start a tech blog that discusses things like PCs, console, peripherals, cool/interesting gadgets, google updates, and changes to the algorithms, search engine optimization, etc. With your feedback, I think I can create something epic!

    submitted by /u/Lorrinski
    [link] [comments]

    If in an electromagnetic environment where radio waves are experiencing interference, is there a hard and fast rule about whether long range or short range radio waves work better?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Also, if long-range works better, would interference by any chance reduce its range?

    I ask since I'm writing a story where a scene is dependent on being unable to communicate long-range.

    submitted by /u/throwawaytosseraway
    [link] [comments]

    Opposite of KVM

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    So I have a central pc in my house that runs to separate rooms. I have my office with my main setup and then my living room with the tv and VR setup. Right now I unplug and plug them in manually for the outputs I want since I don't want the living room mirroring my main setup or the other way around. Is there a KVM or something opposite where I can have one computer input and it changes the output by pressing a button?

    submitted by /u/GawkyGoose
    [link] [comments]

    Computer sometimes freezing

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Hello, I need some help regarding my computer being slow/ freezing. I seem to have a memory issue (or something that causes a lot of memory to be used up), as a result, I believe it is causing my computer to freeze. I put a link to a screenshot of memory being used/ and it not adding up. It would theoretically take up less than 2GB (probably less), yet it says I'm using 96%, and when I look at my performance, it says I'm using 7+gb out of 8. Restarting my computer, surprisingly fixes it.

    The link: https://ibb.co/LdvY5Nz

    submitted by /u/waltzdisney123
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to transfer my text messages off of my Kyocera flip phone and access them in a document?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    I have a 32Gb SD card in the phone but I cannot find any literature on how to backup the texts to it or any third party programs for extracting that data. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/the-drew
    [link] [comments]

    What cable is this?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    https://ibb.co/tmFHcs8

    I need to buy another one of this, what's it called?

    submitted by /u/Fleury01
    [link] [comments]

    Internet speeds

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I have a question about some issues I've been having. I recently had a tech out to fix some issues with some buffering and slow speeds on my internet. The tech came and noticed the (SNR) Signal to noise ratio was low. He managed to get the numbers up and after leaving I was still signed in to the modem page to watch the SNR number to make sure they were stable. I noticed the line rate and attainable line rate was dropping. After about 4 hours, I checked again and they were about half of what they were previously. I can power cycle the modem and the numbers jump back up where they are suppose to be and start doing the same thing. Please help! Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/X-007
    [link] [comments]

    Measuring WiFi strength around the house

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    I've set up a few TP-Link Deco M9 Plus mesh network hubs around my house. I'm looking to gauge the dBm (ie. -41 dBm) at various points around the house to determine if I need to adjust placement of any of the hubs. Do you know how I can find this out on either my Windows laptop or iPhone?

    submitted by /u/thekeep21
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to mass add people to Twitter lists?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    computer freezes?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    hi everyone. thanks in advance for reading.

    my computer is quite old (and shitty), but it still manages to run my games. sometimes, seemingly out of nowhere, the screen freezes. the mouse won't move and neither woule a video or an add or whatever. everything just freezes. the computer itsself(the box idk what its called) contintues to run and make noise.

    what i usually do when this happens is press the button on the box until it shuts down. it kind of feels like im drowning it so i'll refer to it as drowning from now on. i know drowning isnt necessarily the best for. computer but it is the only thing that works to shut it off. sometimes when i try to restart, the computer wont start up (you can tell when it will and won't start up. when it will, there is a buzzing noise when you press the button after a few secs, when it wont that buzzing noise doesnt stop)

    does anyone know what causes this issue? its probably due to the fact that its old and shitty, but i'd still like to know what exactly it is, and if im lucky maybe even how to fix it.

    please note that i don't have enough money for a new pc, so please dont reccommend that. im trying to keep this one functional, although sometimes barely, for as long as possible

    submitted by /u/azuraeke
    [link] [comments]

    Intel RealSense Camera for tracking?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Is the Intel RealSense camera programmable to track a soccer bool in a 5vs5 pitch?

    submitted by /u/jonaspassos
    [link] [comments]

    Can a dual dvi graphics card support three monitors?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm wondering if it's possible to use a dvi splitter to 2x vga on my second port to either:

    A: Extend my screen to the two other monitors

    B: Act as a separate instance on same OS

    submitted by /u/WritingGold
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to iPadPro2018

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:42 AM PDT

    So next year in college I'd like to replace my classical notebook to take notes and the pens, pencil and eraser for technology, I've been searching and I found out the amazing IPad Pro 2018 which is great for drawing, taking notes, basically to replace my notebook but I find it too pricey. Does someone knows a little bit cheaper alternatives?

    submitted by /u/goncal0proenca
    [link] [comments]

    Car remote code

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    A car Remote (I think the system is called remote keyless system) transmits a code at a specific frequency to a receiver to unlock the door. I was wondering, how long (number of digits) is this code? What type of code is it (binary, 0-9, etc.)? How fast can a transmitter "try" (as in how many possible codes can it try in a second/ how long does it take the transmitter to try one of these codes) a code?

    PS: don't worry I'm not trying to steal one, you can be sure of that because I'd immediately get caught as these codes from what I've heard are pretty long (means I would have to sit around for a long ass time). I was wondering because the more digits = more possible combinations = harder to hack, and I wanted to see how hard it is to hack a car in reality in contrast to how easy it is to hack a car in media

    I have a formula ready to calculate how long on average it would take, but I need these constants

    submitted by /u/SomeRandomBruh69
    [link] [comments]

    What's the worst thing that could happen if someone hacks into your social media account?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Assuming you're not into anything sketchy or blackmail-able, what exactly would they do with owning your data? I know they use info to sell ads to you, but what else are the concerns?

    submitted by /u/yayreddit02
    [link] [comments]

    Working of an Internet speed tester.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    How does an internet speed checker work ??

    submitted by /u/Bharadwajsai_1
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to combine data from Fitbit, Dyson air purifier, local weather etc and display as a live feed?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I enjoy fitbits homescreen online but would love to have a dedicated screen at my pc to display real time and archived data displayed in graphs of myself and local surroundings.

    submitted by /u/Turtlemonk92
    [link] [comments]

    My WiFi keeps dropping (sometimes completely cute out) but my wired connection is stable and strong 24/7, why?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Just as a little more info, my wireless connection is very strong most of the day, but every hour or two it completely drops (asin every device loses internet for about 5-10 seconds). My wired connection devices never lose internet and are stable all day.

    I called my provider before I started running some devices on wired and they said it was an infrastructure issue with all the work from home covid situations. I now believe this to be a lie as surely my wired connection would drop also if it's an infrastructure issue outside of my home?

    Edit title: cuts*

    submitted by /u/KOG_Jay
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment