• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Tech Support - Will all my speakers when using 5.1 surround sound produce audio od the source of sound does not support 5.1 surround?

    Tech Support - Will all my speakers when using 5.1 surround sound produce audio od the source of sound does not support 5.1 surround?


    Will all my speakers when using 5.1 surround sound produce audio od the source of sound does not support 5.1 surround?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:10 PM PST

    If I use 5.1 surround sound on my pc and I were to watch YouTube ( something that doesn't support 5.1 surround) will audio only come out of one set of speakers in stereo or all speakers in stereo?

    Edit: on a side note is it possible to just run to audio outputs at once? (Two bookcase monitors and one sound bar with subwoofer attached) and still retain individual stereo output?

    submitted by /u/paradon123
    [link] [comments]

    Any recommendations for a microphone for a beginner?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:16 AM PST

    Tech solutions for digital literacy among elderly

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:56 AM PST

    What are some good tech solutions (banking, e-commerce, etc) for digital literacy among elderly in your home country?

    submitted by /u/EventHorizonOne
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recorders

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:45 AM PST

    Is there any screen recorders that record the lock screen too? And has an account so u can log in and track what u record. Bcoz my phone was locked by my parents, need to unlock it. The only solution i can think of is screen recorders that record the lock screen and has an account that can be logged in from other devices. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Ajazzbug
    [link] [comments]

    Phone stops working due to water exposure but works again a few days later with seemingly no problem. Should I do anything?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:50 AM PST

    Apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post such a thing, as I am not sure where to post it. So my phone screen stops working but I am not sure as far what is the damage within, as I can still hear the earpiece, probably due to pressing the power button to trigger SOS but the screen was unresponsive as far as I can tell. After that, I just left it and came back to it a few days later, battery at 3% and screen working fine, no water in selfie lens (was foggy before due to liquid I'm guessing). What should I do? Continue to use it as long as it works or get it checked?

    Tl;dr : Phone screen spoils and unresponsive but works seemingly without problem days after. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/x1011000x
    [link] [comments]

    What's that silver tape used on monitors is called?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:41 AM PST

    I'm looking to repair a couple monitors cause I'm cheap and it seems like a good way to make a few bucks. One part that always gives is that silver tape after you take it on and off a few times. This is really irritating and I'd rather the tape look new to give the whole thing a finalized feel. Does anyone know what this tape is called, that's usually used to hold the components inside the monitor to the screen's casing?

    submitted by /u/awokepsl
    [link] [comments]

    Which phone is better, and why?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:02 PM PST

    So, I'm looking into buying a new phone, and I went to my trusty first stop, gsmarena. I'm stuck between the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G and the LG V50 ThinQ 5G. In your experience, which one is better for what reasons? Price isn't an issue, although the $500~ of the Samsung is about the most I'd pay for a phone. Side note, I always buy phones outright and unlocked.

    submitted by /u/ConstantPrecipice
    [link] [comments]

    custom search engines

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:55 PM PST

    Over the past year or so, I've found Google's search results to have dramatically declined in quality, to the point that I usually append the name of the website I want results from. wiki for factual questions, seriouseats for recipes, reddit for opinions, wirecutter for reviews, etc. I'm curious if anyone has experience writing some kind of script or streamlining this process? Or is anyone getting better results from a different search engine? Maybe I'm just being unfair to Google. I've tried DuckDuckGo, but their search results also seem to suck. It seems like SEO content farms are just winning the internet.

    submitted by /u/AndyH13
    [link] [comments]

    Has Tiktok’s privacy improved since the Oracle and Walmart deal? How do their user data collection practices compare with those of other social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.)?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    If it's still bad, are there any ways to use the app while avoiding/lessening your exposure to these practices?

    submitted by /u/bbuerk
    [link] [comments]

    Phone kept asking me to call someone.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:28 AM PST

    A few hours ago, my phone kept on telling me to call a certain number. I don't remember the number, but it wouldn't let me turn it off and the pop-up kept coming back after I clicked cancel. The only way I fixed it is by turning off the wifi, which stopped the pop-ups and let me turn off my phone. It was like an official phone notification also, not a sketchy pop-up. I have an IPhone 6S if anybody needed that information.

    submitted by /u/redditsaidit01
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some websites load from google.com URL when opened after being searched on Google, instead of loading from their own respective URL?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:01 PM PST

    For example, I have now opened a link from the search results in Google that belongs to The New York Times /nytimes.com/, however from the address bar I can see that the site the page is loaded on is actually google.com and not nytimes.com

    submitted by /u/wfyff
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make a specific google search?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:17 PM PST

    I'm researching germs living on plants and every time I look anything up some Covid-19 bs shows up. And it's page after page and I can't find anything that actually has to do with what I'm looking for. How do I remove Covid-19 or corona virus from my search results? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/ImProllyStoned
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that in the future a machine can be created with which you can control the climate?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:47 AM PST

    Adding many additional audio Jacks to my computer

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    I would like to add a lot of additional audio jacks to my computer, I'm talking like, 8 input and 8 output. But I noticed that there basically isn't any usb audio adapter like that on the market. I would really like a usb device that plugs in and then sits on my desk with all 16+ jacks on it. I looked into sound cards like this:

    https://www.newegg.com/creative-sound-blaster-audigy-fx/p/N82E16829102067

    Which kind of sucked because I'm basically paying 10 dollars per port, and it's only 1 line level port. Furthermore, it sits in a PCIe slot rather than USB. The sound card has a tonne of features that I don't care about, so I was wondering if there any products that can do what I want. If you have any ideas, or suggestions for where else to ask, I would greatly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/ElectricalMadness
    [link] [comments]

    is using 8bpc on 10bpc monitor bad?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    just wondering if monitor only supports 10bpc and it'd upscale anyways or something or if it can render raw 8bpc as-well

    i don't see a point of having it unless i'm currently looking at 10bpc content

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    r/VideoStreaming what a waste, why does reddit do this?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:10 AM PST

    i am finding so many subreddits that are basically killed by reddit admins, why?

    I have been waiting a week for "approval" to post in that section, clearly its not going to happen, and if you look at the post history frequency you can see they are not approving anyone.

    I see so many subreddits turned useless all in the name of preventing spammers? This must be the most short sided solution i have seen any company take while combating spammers.

    Could you imagine if Twitter took this same approach lol its like reddit wants to kill itself.

    **Or, less then 10 Karma, well i must be a paid troll trying to harm(?) the ecco-space?

    There is something more too it, no company would be this stupid

    submitted by /u/Aromatic-Mobile3318
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment