• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Tech Support - How much does a discarded silicon wafer cost, like the ones they use to make CPUs and stuff, that look kinda rainbowy? I was thinking about maybe getting one to hang on the wall as art, but only if it's affordable.

    Tech Support - How much does a discarded silicon wafer cost, like the ones they use to make CPUs and stuff, that look kinda rainbowy? I was thinking about maybe getting one to hang on the wall as art, but only if it's affordable.


    How much does a discarded silicon wafer cost, like the ones they use to make CPUs and stuff, that look kinda rainbowy? I was thinking about maybe getting one to hang on the wall as art, but only if it's affordable.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:35 AM PST

    Since it's just for decoration, I wouldn't need it to be in working condition at all, just look shiny and have those nice patterns when seen with just the naked eye; so I imagine it would cost much less than taking a fully intact one out of the production line.

    Any idea where I could go to acquire one? (as in, a website, or a company I could contact by email or something of the sort; not in person)

    submitted by /u/TiagoTiagoT
    [link] [comments]

    WhatsApp New Privacy Policy Reality..!?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Hi guys.. There's a new/update privacy policy from WhatsApp & the policy's it mentions are very weird that they (facebook & whatsapp) will have access to our privacy that no company ever accessed... I want to ask that it is right & we should give it or not??

    submitted by /u/hannan_jamil
    [link] [comments]

    Could all people's internet history be suddenly published online like that South Park episode?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:43 PM PST

    How to route one IP to another

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:06 AM PST

    I run a minecraft server using ngrok. This is a very good configuration and it runs smoothly.

    Only problem is that ngrok gives me a random IP every time I start the server . Is there a way to use a static IP that I will create like : minecraftschoolabcd.com which I will put in the game and it will redirect to the IP I have specified beforehand(I will do this everytime or make a program to do this).

    I am highly un-informed in networking so pardon me if I said something weird and correct me.

    If above is possible

    Please tell me what terms/software/things, I have to learn to do this .

    submitted by /u/HalfLife0693
    [link] [comments]

    Does running heavy computations on your computer wear out it's lifespan?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    For example, a person who only uses notepad on the computer vs a person who run for loops to trillion on repeat every second for hours.

    As well as anything in between.

    submitted by /u/mementomoriok
    [link] [comments]

    What bit rate to choose?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    Greetings. I have composed music for a film and I'm putting it on the film using the free Shotcut editor. My track is wav file (48kHz 24bit) and the film is 1280×720 25 fps 16:9 ratio. When I'm looking at the export options for the audio inside the editor, it asks me to select the sample rate and I choose 48kHz,but it also asks to select the audio bit rate and I quite frankly don't know that to choose. Under the properties section my audio file says it's 2304kbps but the options on the video export window are the usual (16k 32k 48k 64k 96k 128k 192k 220k 256k and 384k). What do I choose? Is it related to the bit rate of the original wav file I have or is that bit rate referring to something else? Hope you can clear my confusion. Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/MasterLin87
    [link] [comments]

    SWITCH

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:32 PM PST

    I need help to turn on my wireless communication on my nintendo switch if you are reading this please help me😁

    submitted by /u/ExtensionThese2618
    [link] [comments]

    Cant find segurazo yet it appeared on my screen

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    Downloaded somthing and I guess it was downloaded along, appeared to me on my screen but I cant find it in apps and programs, I want to uninstall it. Help?

    submitted by /u/HollowHalloww
    [link] [comments]

    GPU outputs black screen??

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:15 PM PST

    Model: Asus phoenix gtx 1050 ti (2 years old)

    I've tried the gpu on two of my working PCs, I've tried reseating the card, used multiple cables and through dvi and hdmi

    Is my gpu dead? Can it be repaired?

    submitted by /u/yungdislocated
    [link] [comments]

    How can I program the linked device to play different music?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:44 PM PST

    https://www.target.com/p/mr-christmas-sing-a-long-santa-musical-interactive-santa-claus-christmas-decoration/-/A-81084728

    Essentially it uses the sheet music and the piano as an rfid player. Is there a way I can program it to play custom music instead of the songs on the sheet music?

    submitted by /u/Swordheart
    [link] [comments]

    what's the best cloud platform to transfer content of external hard drive to?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:34 PM PST

    i have an external drive with probably 500ish gigs of files, mostly photo, some video, and some photoshop files. I've had a drive break on me so I don't like carrying it around, what cloud platform would be the best? Amazon's is only doing photo, iCloud takes up space on the computer, I'm trying to use DropBox but it's taking about an hour for every one gig of data uploaded.

    ideally, i'd want to be able to access my files any time, have them saved so if my drive fails they aren't lost, and be able to upload my whole hard drive easily enough.

    let me know any recommendations! hopefully not costing more than like 10-12$ a month haha

    submitted by /u/nickDNR
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to keep hard drive and phone together?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:32 AM PST

    I have a 2TB Elements SE portable external Western Digital hard drive. I was wondering if it's safe to keep the hard drive in my backpack with a smart phone (Samsung Galaxy A10). The phone and the hard drive are sometimes right next to each other (back-to-back). Can this be harmful for the hard drive? Do I risk losing data? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/dm3da7
    [link] [comments]

    Can my smart car be hacked?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:16 AM PST

    Interesting situation...I just bought a brand new 2021 VW Atlas. My husband set up our driver profiles the day we brought it home. I haven't driven my car in a few days, but when I was getting ready to head to the store, I wanted to change the driver profile to mine. I hit the profile button and the driver profiles that were listed were: "Gigi", "driver 2, driver 3" and so on. I don't know any "Gigi", no one has borrowed my car and it's been in my garage this whole time. I sat in my drive way trying to rename that profile to my own, but the system wouldn't accept the change. I got frustrated and just heading to the store to get on with my day. Funny enough, once I came back to the car after the store, all our regular profiles were there. "Gigi" just disappeared. I asked my husband about it and he thinks maybe it's VW's dummy profile or something. That maybe the car system shut it self down and rebooted with that particular profile. I looked at him like "huh?!" Wouldn't it just reset to "driver 1, driver 2, driver 3 and so on?!" Why would a name even be in there. How could the car just add some random name into our profile? I heard smart cars can get hacked...can anyone help me explain this? My next step is to call the dealership tomorrow to ask these questions cause it's a bit suspicious to me. But then I could be paranoid. Please let me know your theories. And if this isn't the right place to post this, please let me know where I should send it. I am new to Reddit. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Zsavagelife
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment