• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Tech Support - Are DVD players still being made?

    Tech Support - Are DVD players still being made?


    Are DVD players still being made?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    choosing PSU, need help

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    i'm building a pc and went to this website to check how much PSU i need but the result is a bit confusing to me , it recommends to have an atleast 438w psu but also recommends me to buy a 850w psu .

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys I've picked a domain and done with the theme what nich do you guys think there are less blogs for and i should target , smart home is waht I have in mind but open for suggestions.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    Helpppp!!! My iPhone turned off now it’s disabled:(

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6. It randomly turned off. When it turned back on it said iPhone disabled connect to iTunes. I do not have iCloud and haven't backed up my phone. Needless to say Ill do this in the future:( Is there any way to get my pictures off of my device?? I haven't been able to find anything online everything recommends recovering the phone which will erase everything. All I care about is getting my photos..Please help!

    submitted by /u/Stevooo94
    [link] [comments]

    Epson L1300 won't print

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    Hello, I have two of above mentioned printers. One is working just fine although I removed the printhead repetedly. The other one is a unsolvable problem for me. When I put something to print on it nothing comes out although it makes all the noises it should when it's printing. The paper is feed step by step as it is being printed. The print head goes back and forth but there is no print. I tryed to put printhead from printer that works to the faulty one but I got the same result. I also put new "cartriges" in because I read it would be advisable to put new ones when you remove/change print head. The cartriges are filled with ink and the print head is kind off messy on the nozzles. I'm guessing it's not problem in the print head. Something else is going on but that is the point where my guess stops. Maybe I'm wrong. If anyone has some kind of suggestion it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BsGprint
    [link] [comments]

    MS Teams vs Zoom - Which free video conferencing software is the best?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    A few days ago we did a video conference at Zoom:

    • We were about 15 people between 15 and 30 years old from Spain talking in turns.
    • The organizer did not mute the microphones although there were no problems with interruptions.
    • Some people connected from their mobile phones.
    • Some are students and are familiar with Teams because they use it at school.
    • We used the free plan and the meeting was interrupted every 40 minutes. The meeting lasted a total of 2 hours.

    We'll have another similar meeting this week...

    What are the big differences between Teams and Zoom in their free versions? Considering the features of the meeting, which one would you choose? Do you recommend any other option?

    submitted by /u/Diogeneselcinico42
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to edit serial number/mac address on modem

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Ok so, ill just be honest and straight forward, i have a temper issue and the other week when my internet was slow randomly, i decided to fix this issue by taking a 3ft bar thats 4inches in diameter and weighs 65 lbs and proceed to swing it at the "slowing modem" with as much force as would be needed to break through a concrete barrier.

    needless to say, ive been using my phone for internet for the past 2 weeks.

    i ordered the same model and same brand as what i had, "mainlky because im under the impression this may have been a rented modem i beat the living piss out of." i have the case and the sticker from the in-far-too-many-pieces-to-count modem and am hoping that when i reconnect the floormount outlet and hook up my modem that having the same model will prevent me from having the modem pinged.

    i am well aware the mac address is hardcoded into the modem and each and any device that MAY at anypoint in its life connect to a network has a mac address, i am just unsure if i can alter it. i am also unsure if centurylink would see the new modem and be able to identify it as different. i dont want to pay full price and yet i underustand i will eventually probably. just looking for some time before i have too

    submitted by /u/Sanpan21
    [link] [comments]

    May social app videos infect my phone?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:16 PM PDT

    Hi. Sometimes I wonder if a video on social apps that autoplays may infect my phone with malware. I'm taking about apps like Facebook or Twitter. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/roquejose
    [link] [comments]

    Need a heavy duty desktop , what's the lowest i can build one for?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Edit : also need it to be less power hungry if possible

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Device for dusty environment

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    My father is a truck driver and he complains that his smartphone is bricked because of the amount of dust in the environments he works usually.

    I know some time ago there was some kind of phonepad-like keyboards bluetooth that pair with your smartphone, but they only work to make calls. No notifications, no Whatsapp, not even SMS.

    Are there some better options for this scenario?

    Some high-end devices are dustproof but I think it's a shame to scratch some high-end device in this environment. I don't know if there are mid low end devices to use as secondary phone, but, he don't want to carry two devices around all day.

    Note: IDK if this is the right place, but please, tell me if there is another sub more appropiate for this question.

    submitted by /u/ellocosau
    [link] [comments]

    Credible Certifications

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    I was looking into getting certified to do work on various electrics and was unsure as to which certifications hold weight and reliability.

    Most specifically:

    International Society of Certified Electronics Technicians

    http://iscet.org/

    submitted by /u/BlackSpikeTape
    [link] [comments]

    My Instagram is breaking more everyday

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    My instagram is broken. I can't change my bio or any of the personal setting on my instagram such as switching from a private to public account or changing my username. I just continue to get an error message. (Not because of word count or username already taken.) My activity page is also not showing anything even though people are following me everyday and liking my posts. Its completely blank. I have gone through all trouble shooting such as deleting the app and reinstalling it, logging out and logging back in, updating my iPhone 11 Pro, updating the app, trying on different devices (still has the same issue), deactivating my account and reactivating it, and restarting my device. Instagram support has been no help and I have been sending support requests for weeks and no one has reached out. I have even tried reaching out through facebook. Can anyone help or is experienced something similar?

    submitted by /u/mia_moreno88
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck between services and brands... Needing help picking!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I'm mostly in the Apple ecosystem, but sometimes i've found myself looking at other brands and products. I'm intrigued by the Samsung line of phones, but they don't have iMessage, FaceTime and iCloud. They are main services i use. Ask any questions so i can help you better to help me.

    submitted by /u/5232005
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 5a

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I have a question do y'all think that the Pixel 5a will have a 90 Hz refresh rate screen?

    submitted by /u/DXLU
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a tool to record video calls

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    I'm looking to start a video podcast soon, but I haven't been able to identify a workflow that fits me perfectly. Here is what I am trying to achieve.

    Must-have:

    1. Ability to chat with and record at least 3 people, excluding the host.
    2. Record the above chat.
    3. At least 1080p recording.

    Great to have:

    1. Different video files with each of the participants in full video
    2. An additional track of 'gallery view' that includes all the participants at the same time.
    3. Ability to record using an iOS device

    Good to have:

    1. Separate audio tracks
    2. Cloud recording, instead of local recording

    I've checked out a bunch of applications, including Zoom. But none of them seemed to be very satisfactory, especially my requirement to record using my iPad. If you could help me out identify a solution for this problem, I'd be indebted.

    submitted by /u/shayonpal
    [link] [comments]

    Broken DVR problems

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    My family's DVR (Panasonic DMR-EH50) has broken in a certain way that it will only play audio, not video. We tried different video input cables from our DVD player that we knew worked, but that gave the same result. Any ideas on how to fix this, or if worst comes to worst, how to salvage the recordings that are on it? We have a lot of homemade slideshows that we would prefer not to lose on it.

    submitted by /u/Mkhos
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded internet and my computer doesn’t like it help!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    I recently upgraded to centurylink fiber - WiFi 6. Everything in the house is on it with great speeds (multiple rokus, Xbox, Alexa, phones). I literally have my phone (iPhone 8 plus) next to my laptop and speed test is like 300, but on my laptop I'm lucky to have 20, but most of the time it's barely connecting. I upgraded my WiFi driver (RTL8188EE) but no change. Anyone know any reason for this?

    TIA for the help!

    Edit: would a WiFi extender help with the problem at all? Like concert the type of WiFi? I'm not a tech moron, but also this is not my forte. Like if someone said get a new chip, I could go do that, but I really wouldn't understand why except "not comparable"

    Gracias!

    submitted by /u/Rucazoey4ever
    [link] [comments]

    should i get this?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    So my laptop is having temperature problems so I want to lower the temperatures with https://www.amazon.com/LC05-Cooling-Auto-Temp-Detection-Compatible/dp/B00XKU47Y2

    but before I buy it is it worth it for my laptop? it seems as if temperatures vary with other laptops. here is my laptop https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Creator-17M-i7-9750H-GTX1660Ti/dp/B07YWQZ8JR

    submitted by /u/Arudy123
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to read in the same room as my wife watching television. Does anyone have a recommendation for an earbud or headphones that are completely noise cancelling?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    I cannot find the right phrases to get a good Google search result

    submitted by /u/Nick_J_at_Nite
    [link] [comments]

    Printer printing each document in a different (assumably) color setting.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello, I am a collage artist and I just bought an HP Smarttank 510. I realized after a series of tests that when I add some of the .jpg files to my collage, rest of the images, when printed, lose their sharpness and become greyish, losing their own properties. I work on Illustrator and haven't been able to solve this issue after choosing different color profiles in Illustrator or exporting them as .jpg or .png files. I would very appreciate any tip.

    submitted by /u/kuburga
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook and instagram accounts got hacked

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    Hello, I hope this is the right subreddit because I have a ton of questions..
    (Sorry for bad english, I hope everything will be coherent)

    I noticed a picture was uploaded on my instagram account, problem is : it wasn't me who posted it. Thankfully I could access to my account (and I still do). I deleted the picture within 10 min and looked at the places where I was connected : I was connected in another town far away from mine in my country. My password was very easy and you don't need an email to log into an instagram account so I changed my email and password a couple of times, added the double security (I receive a code by text) but the person was still logged on my account even when Instagram disconnected me from every account.
    First question : how the hell is that even possible ?

    Then I checked my facebook account and same problem exept pictures weren't posted, the person was only logged on my account. I chanded the password and added the double security.

    Second question : How did this person hack my facebook account even though my password was quite complicated

    I decided to desactivate my account for a couple of days to force the hacker to leave my accounts.
    Third question : Is reactivating my accounts in a couple of days safe? (I have a lot of pictures on them and I would be sad to lose them all... I don't post often but the oldest pictures are from 6 years ago.. Security comes first tho)

    Fourth question : What else should I check ? Am I in a dangerous situation where they could have access to more important informations?

    And also, The picture that was posted was one that said "Ray-ban glasses for $20 instead of $250 only for 4 hours, go to this web site ww.sketchy_website.com Ray-Ban offical site" (obviously isn't the official web site). Are they only posting these pictures in order to lure my followers to this sketchy web site (even tho I don't have a lot) or do they intend to hack more of my personnal information where it could be dangerous for me ?

    submitted by /u/Lliau
    [link] [comments]

    What can be done with a 1st Gen Kindle Fire?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    I apologize if this isn't the best sub for this type of question. If there is a more appropriate place please let me know.

    But anyways, I found my old Kindle Fire last night and I want to put it use in some interesting way.

    Something like one of the following is the route I had in mind:

    Small tv screen in the shower

    WiFi remote for devices throughout the house

    Remote task scheduler for my PC

    Basically I would like to make it a single purpose tool. If you had any resources/ROM repos or anything of the sort for this old tablet it would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Pantzzzzless
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get Ethernet in my room?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    So I'm hone from college right now, and my parents keep the router in a closet in the hallway. It works fine for cellphones and computers, but on my PS4, it is terrible, y'all every game lags out and it is frustrating. How can I get ethernet in my room? I don't have an ethernet jack.

    submitted by /u/ntaylor7746
    [link] [comments]

    Is my university able to see that i download their videos?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    my university uploads online videos on a platform for us students to learn at home, due to the coronacrisis. Because of legal reasons, The mp4s they upload are only for temporary usage. Therefore the video files are embedded into the website on the online platform, so there is no download button.

    If I use the inspect tool i can easily look for the mp4 file, open it in another tab and download it. This would me help with my learning, since the the whole online lessons are only an unstructured short term solution and the whole system is not well organized. Having the lessons saved on my PC would help me with my studying, because if i don't understand something later on, I could easily watch the videos again, which would help me understanding it.

    I have an online account for the platform and i must be logged-in to watch the videos.

    My question: If I download the videos with the method mentioned earlier, is it possible for the website hosts/university to see that I downloaded them?

    submitted by /u/Senor_Fusion_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment