• Breaking News

    Monday, January 6, 2020

    Tech Support - Does anyone know what file format a UK visa application (online) is saved as?

    Tech Support - Does anyone know what file format a UK visa application (online) is saved as?


    Does anyone know what file format a UK visa application (online) is saved as?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:38 PM PST

    A couple of years ago, I started a UK visa application for a friend of mine who doesn't speak much English. We got a lot of the way through the application, but then his plans fell through and so it was never completed. I have a memory that it was possible to save the progress to a file to be uploaded again at a later date to continue, which I am sure I did, but I can't find the file anywhere.

    If I know what the file extension would have been, I can easily search my whole hard disk for the file. Does anyone know what it would be? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lindymad
    [link] [comments]

    Multi dock charger for iPhone/AirPods/Apple Watch.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 11:34 PM PST

    I'm going to purchase one for eBay for around $30. Can anyone tell me if this is harmful for the products and their overall battery life? I am planning just to use it to charge these 3 items overnight but don't want to damage the products.

    submitted by /u/Spregg
    [link] [comments]

    Echo controlled door opening device?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:24 AM PST

    Hi Reddit,

    Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I really didn't know where would be best, and figured that here someone could either help me start or point me in the right direction for my own research!

    I'm looking to start on quite a silly little project. In the living room, our family has a ps4 in a cabinet beneath the TV that has a door on it. To prevent the ps4 overheating, we always open the cabinet door before using it. For fun, I wanted to create a device that can do this automatically, via voice control (we have a few amazon echos dotted around the place).

    I have next to no electronics experience, however I do have a pi4, an arduino uno, the typical sensors, components, etc that come with starter kits, and I know how to solder (recently hand wired a mechanical keyboard) so I think I have a good base to work from.

    I'm not sure what raspberry pi would be best for this task, or whether to use some kind of arduino board, what hardware I will need, etc. I do, however, have a ton of 3d printing experience that may come in handy with the door opening mechanism?

    Sorry for the long post. I'd like to know if anyone would be so kind as to help me start work on this idea.

    Thanks!

    Tl;dr want to open a cabinet door via voice control. Not sure where to start.

    submitted by /u/That_Jamie_S_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Is the lmk app for snapchat actually anonymous or can the person asking the questions see the answers and accounts of the people who answer the question?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Anyone know where to get a really large Basic Phone (eg. Nokia, Alcatel) with huge buttons and screen?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:01 AM PST

    My granddad needs a phone he can understand and use with his large gorilla like hands and Google has been unhelpful so far so I'm stuck :/

    submitted by /u/1LegChairsareStools
    [link] [comments]

    People with a custom os on their android phone, do you recommend it? What are the positives and negatives?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:28 PM PST

    Also I need a good custom os for a Galaxy a20, a mid range smartphone with decent specs

    submitted by /u/rj12321
    [link] [comments]

    Improve Technology Priority

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:11 PM PST

    I would like to know what is the best way to update.

    In my case I am a programming student, so I have to go to classes. I don't travel too much.

    I want to start streaming.

    For now I have:

    - Phone: Motorola G4 borrowed

    - Desktop PC: Rycen 2600x with rx 550 card and 16gb ram (the rest of the components are decent).

    - I don't have an external audio board and my microphone is bad.

    I would like to improve the phone and if not ipad or notebook.

    Also improve my setup for stream.

    My budget to spend is around 1500 us

    submitted by /u/bastios
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone vs Google pixel?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:42 PM PST

    So I need help deciding on whether my next phone should be an iPhone either xr or11 or get a Google pixel most likely a 3a. Now I've owned a galaxy an iPhone and a Windows phone in the past and all had it's pros and cons. My galaxy had many issues right from the start which is what made me goto an iPhone and in the time my iPhone had 0 issues it was simple easy to use always worked and was pretty durable but the monthly cost wasn't my favorite. The issue I'm running into is I'm not sure I should trust the pixel 3a since I've seen alot of reports for black screens and battery issue so do I get the cheaper phone and risk it or pay the higher monthly cost for a phone a know will most likely work better for longer?

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    Can you actually see the difference between a HD and FHD display on the same phone?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:12 PM PST

    Phone screens are so small, I'm wondering. Would most people see the difference?

    submitted by /u/Averybigbird
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram stalker apps.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:54 PM PST

    I heard many people say they use apps for tracking who follows them and who views they're profile(which is really suspicious since instagram doesn't share that information with you). Do they really work? Will they compromise any security on my phone?

    submitted by /u/Seitn-chan
    [link] [comments]

    Can I connect a controller to my phone and input it to my PC?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:03 AM PST

    Hello, I'm new to reddit sorry if I'm asking in the wrong.

    I have a bluetooth controller but my PC doesn't have an in-built bluetooth so I wondered if there is a way to connect without using a bluetooth dongle, So I had this idea of connecting the controller to my phone then somehow connect the phone to my computer it can be wired or wireless as long as it works and low latency if you guys have any idea please tell me.

    submitted by /u/SweetLemonBun
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment