• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Tech Support - Whatever happened to the "pass through" AC power connector that desktops used to have for the monitor?

    Tech Support - Whatever happened to the "pass through" AC power connector that desktops used to have for the monitor?


    Whatever happened to the "pass through" AC power connector that desktops used to have for the monitor?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:51 PM PST

    OCR programs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:16 AM PST

    My boss wants me to find a OCR program that scans pictures of runners in marathon we are sponsoring and then puts their picture in a file acording to the number they have on their chest, so program needs to scan multiple pictures and depending on what number is on the picture it needs to put that picture into correct file.

    submitted by /u/TheBaur21
    [link] [comments]

    Help 911 tech issues

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:23 PM PST

    Hello!

    So I'm having an issue...a MAJOR ISSUE. I work from home and things were going great for the last six weeks until it came time to start taking calls for my job which is remote call center. I stayed on the phone with technical support for what seems like days. Come to find out it was because my service plan which claimed to be 10 download speed and 1 upload speed or something. Anyways my upload speed was lower then 1 and technical support informed me that that was why I could not speak over the phone with our customers. So I called my ISP and thankfully have a technician coming out in the morning but I really don't think it's going to do me any good. Someone was telling me how you can purchase a router and then purchase a SIM card with internet service on it and that would be fantastic. But the issue is how do I know what service is going to pick up at my house how do I know what SIM card to buy or who to buy from or if I need a router or a modem or both or what brand I can go with and which ones I can't because I'm on a strict budget my job requires a wired connection so there's that as well ... if someone could please help you would be a lifesaver thank you.

    Payden

    submitted by /u/AirotheArrow
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung j3 recover data please help

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 12:01 AM PST

    So my best friend passed away on Friday u/musculargerbils I have known him since i was about 4 years old (my parents and his parents were friends) well I really need to get the data pictures/videos off his phone also contacts so I can get ahold of all his friends to let them know what has happened, is there anything I can do to recover the data from his locked phone?

    submitted by /u/ProCanadianbudeh
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to put an SD card in a Wohome security camera?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:06 PM PST

    Lost the manual

    submitted by /u/RucaXD
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to access the motherboard for my dab pen

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:47 PM PST

    So as the title states I'm trying to access my dab pens motherboard. I'm curious as to what the code looks like and I would like to adjust how the lights flash and what not. I tried doing some googling and I didn't find anything. If anyone here knows how I can access this motherboard please lmk.

    submitted by /u/michael32r
    [link] [comments]

    Overwriting with Limited Space

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:52 PM PST

    I have a 1 1/2 hour video, in a USB to save hard drive space. The USB does not have enough space for more than one copy of it.

    If I wanted to make changes to the video, but can't save the edited version as a separate file due to space constraints, could I overwrite the original with the edited version during export to "replace" the data instead of using more? Would it fail, since the file being overwritten is the file being used in the editing program?

    Please forgive me for being a data layman!

    submitted by /u/pyrrhicvictoryismine
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make a Bluetooth controlled device

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 09:30 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm someone who has struggled with a medical problem and I got the idea to create a device that could help people who suffer with similar problems.

    The idea for the device is basically a vibrator (not the sexual kind) that can be controlled via Bluetooth (from a ios app). The issue is that I am not very well versed in electronics (recent non-stem grad), so I'm not 100% sure what type of components would be required, hence I wanted to ask you guys!

    However, I have done prelim research and my understanding so far is that it would require a LRA/ERM for the vibrating component, a battery along with a charging port, Bluetooth module and a PCB (or is this generally built into a Bluetooth module).

    If someone could provide any advice, feedback, or would even be willing to have a short conversation with me that would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Soviet_Youth
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know what devices can use a 3.5mm to RCA/AV jack?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:05 PM PST

    I want to achieve a vhs effect by using av degradation and its apparently most efficient with a 3.5mm to RCA/AV jack, the only ones I know can use this are cameras (which don't work because I can't save the edited video back on to the camera for playback) and raspberry pi which I don't have but would be willing to buy if its the only option. I've already tried a Samsung galaxy s7 and Nintendo DS but sadly neither worked. Sorry this is a pretty niche question and it might be better asked somewhere else but I'm not sure where. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Meyeke
    [link] [comments]

    How does authentication/security work when updating an address in DNS

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 02:50 PM PST

    Say you want to change www.myhostname.com to your new IP address 124.456.789.001.

    How does this entry get updated in way such that it is accepted by all the other DNS servers. I know they sort of ask each other and cache each other's addresses and such. But how do you update it securely?

    A few guesses I have as to how this works:

    Do certain DNS servers own certain addresses? And they trusted as the source of truth for the name to IP mapping?

    A certificate is used to sign an address mapping? And the DNS servers can verify with the public key that the mapping was signed by it's owner?

    submitted by /u/NullIsUndefined
    [link] [comments]

    Strange thin slimy film on monitor stand and area around computer monitor. Something to do with Ionized moisture?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:55 PM PST

    I've tried searching what is causing this weird phenomena. Im assuming its something to do with the electricity causing the monitor ionizing the moisture in the air and thats whats producing this thin slimy film. When I clean it its back within a few days.

    submitted by /u/writersblock321
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I blue screening

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 12:31 PM PST

    Could someone be listening to me through my phone?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:37 PM PST

    I suspect that someone I know is somehow spying on me through my phone. Is it possible for someone to put an app or something on someone else's phone that is constantly recording audio that they can listen to?

    submitted by /u/cleanyourbathroom
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Vizio D32x- D1 smart TV have "smart cast" functionality?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:42 AM PST

    I have a vizio D32x-D1 tv and I'm trying to setup the smart cast "Skill" on my Amazon echo, but, the echo dot can't find the tv

    submitted by /u/Railman20
    [link] [comments]

    can acer nitro 5 AN515-55-59KS run minecraft windows 10 smoothly?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:09 AM PST

    16 or 32 gb ram?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:34 AM PST

    Hi! I desperately need more RAM, but I know very little about computer parts and whatnot. I currently have 8gb ram, is it worth going for 32 GB ram, or is 16 more than enough? I use my pc for art and animating (2D; but working with large files often), and gaming, mainly.

    From what I've googled, 16 should be enough for this, but I'm afraid that it's gonna be outdated in a year or two, when games and programs become more powerful etc. There's a $116 price difference on the memory cards I'm mainly considering, which is why I'm super conflicted. Any tips? (and tips for a first time DDR4 memory card-buyer in general is also very appreciated!) :)

    submitted by /u/donnaroe
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment