• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Tech Support - How can I analyze word frequency in massive document

    Tech Support - How can I analyze word frequency in massive document


    How can I analyze word frequency in massive document

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:23 PM PST

    I have a word document with 400,000 words. I NEED to determine the frequency of each word and somehow sort them by frequency, or at the very least see which ones are the most frequent. Is there a way to do this?

    Edit I also have it in a pdf

    submitted by /u/Ragadash7
    [link] [comments]

    Computer/internet security (self) education site?

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 04:25 AM PST

    Can someone recommend a website that a user (home user or business user) can go to read up about computer/internet security? i.e. "why use HTTPS?", "what is 2FA?" etc.

    I am writing a short article and would like to end it with a "Read more here..." recommendation.

    submitted by /u/hummusimful
    [link] [comments]

    MyBook HDD showing "the request failed due to fatal device hardware error"

    Posted: 17 Jan 2020 02:22 AM PST

    What do you do with your MyBook HDD when it shows the request failed due to fatal device hardware error?

    Tried SMART attributes, and everything is showing OK.

    Tried Running Error Check and it shows "There was a problem scanning this drive"

    Tried CHKDSK, but it shows me "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW Drivers"

    Are there any other method?

    Or will the option be opening up the MyBook and reading the HDD inside there directly be better?

    submitted by /u/mewantknow
    [link] [comments]

    Why does segmented downloading cause such an immense improvement in download speed?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:15 AM PST

    Best (cheapish) USB Microphone for interviews??

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this is the right sub... but maybe someone here will have insight.

    I'm currently working on my masters thesis and am about to start a part of my research where I conduct (and record) interviews. I just need to audio record but need it to be reliable enough to be able to transcribe interviews verbatim afterwards.

    I don't want to spend a ton because I've already spent enough on this degree and I won't ever use the mic again after my thesis is done.

    Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/DaisyDal
    [link] [comments]

    Electricity consumption

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 01:08 PM PST

    If an electrical appliance with a rechargeable battery, say a laptop doesn't have its charger cable connected to its port, but the charger plug is connected to the socket and the switch is turned on, is electricity being consumed in this case? How?

    submitted by /u/sharmadhruv24
    [link] [comments]

    Boys I got a little while in my wall where an outlet should be is this something to do with Ethernet?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Help Recovering Data from Macbook Air Hard Drive

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:20 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I am desperately seeking advice! I have a Macbook Air (2015). It froze and then I manually turned it off and back on. Upon turning it back on, a folder with a blinking question mark was displayed which I understand indicates that it is having difficulty accessing the hard drive. I brought the computer to my university to get it serviced and they tried putting it into single user mode, cleaning dust from the hard drive and mounting the hard drive- none of these things worked and they recommended another company with more sophisticated technology to use. That company just called me back and said that the solid state drive has failed and areas of the hard drive are damaged. They are going to image the drive (areas that are good) and see what is possible to get back which they say will take about 4 hours and say that 3 out of 4 times they are able to retrieve some data. This is very costly and I am already at a loss financially. If what I stated above does not work is there anything else that can be done? Any and all help is welcomed- feeling devastated and at a loss, all of my work in on there for the past 5 years. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/OneGoldFish
    [link] [comments]

    very small projector and camera

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I am working on a project that requires an incredibly small camera and a projector as small as you can get, my budget for the projector is £150 at an absolute maximum but the cheaper the better, the quality is really not important at all, it can be like 480p and not even have colour, as long as it's small

    the camera I was thinking of getting is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FQMZRHM/?coliid=I2K09ZP7NR5AQS&colid=30YJI9GU005UD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

    and maybe a projector of this size: http://www.aaxatech.com/products/hd_pico_projector.html

    I was also wondering because this camera just appears to go into USB and was wondering with some of the projectors I've seen they have a USB connector so I was wondering if you could just simply plug it in and have the projector display what the camera sees, or is that just way too simple.

    or is there any kind of camera, projector combo that I would easily be able to do that with

    Thanks in advance, I hope that made sense/ was enough info

    and am mainly just wondering from if what I've got would already work that simply, and if there are any cheaper options on the projector of a similar size but obviously not quality

    I also live in the UK, just in case important for shipping or something cos I've had some places bring me over budget with insane shipping from America

    submitted by /u/davejr17
    [link] [comments]

    Canada-will my ISP give me cell phone browsing data?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Self explanatory. Thought I heard somewhere that of course the isp can monitor browsing data, not that they don't record/organize the data in a way that it could be used in any way.

    submitted by /u/Nbchiver
    [link] [comments]

    A platform to upload and stream my DVDs?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:33 AM PST

    I Love to watch certain series ad nauseum (fine comedies like the Simpsons if you're interested). I've recently started travelling more and my DVDs are now in a harder to reach space. Is there platform I can upload all my DVDs to preferably with cloud storage to stream/download as I go?

    submitted by /u/FlandCrest
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be possible to create cm accuracy global location network only with grounded antenna?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:55 AM PST

    It's an hypothetical question more than a realist one. I just want to know if it would be possible for

    million of antennas across the world to be used as a global location system.

    If each antenna know each other exact location.

    If a device like a phone is connected (at any given time) to at least 3 of those antennas.

    Admitting each device have the entire map of the world stored locally for the altitude.

    Would it work for on-the-ground location system?

    What accuracy could be expected with such a system (meter, cm) ?

    (the accuracy is probably dependant on the distance between the antennas so let's say for the sake of argument that each antenna is 1km of apart maximum)

    submitted by /u/Laura54069
    [link] [comments]

    Access to mobile phone service from internet

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:08 AM PST

    I would like to go out of Europe for a few months while being able to receive EU phone calls without the extremely expensive fees of roaming (14€ per minute in my home country !! ).

    Is there a solution that can help me to have a local European mobile number and be able to receive/make phone calls on it only through internet (via an app on my phone) ?

    [Extra Info] Actually, I am seeking a job and I want to able to be reached by job-givers while I am out of Europe. I want to give them a number that seems like a real local mobile number for them and is reachable by internet for me.

    My preliminary Google search wasn't very fruitful as there is a lot of technical terms.

    submitted by /u/hhtun
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Extra Bass in Sony MDR-XB 50 sounds like? Is it too deep/harsh or good?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 10:13 AM PST

    Hello,so I'm looking for a clean quality soundig earphone from a good brand,and I couldn't find any betten than this,the assortment isn't the biggest here where I live so yeah.
    The price of this is just ok,but I'm worried if I buy a cheaper one it wouldn't sound nice. But I also sensitive for hard bass and don't like if it's too loud. And I read in a review that the high notes of the songs are worse with this. I'm listening to metal music if it's matters,I heard that some earphones are only good for dupstep,pop and some sound better with rock.

    submitted by /u/NikoB40
    [link] [comments]

    File mirroring website

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 09:15 AM PST

    Is there any file mirroring website with following features

    1. Support remote URL upload
    2. remote URL upload don't need account
    3. Remote URL upload File limit more than or equal to 1.5 gb

    Thanks and regard

    submitted by /u/Fazal181
    [link] [comments]

    My chrome book got slightly wet and I can barely use it.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 08:47 AM PST

    Hi, so today was a pouring wet day, as it is usually around about here. I accidentally left my bag open and my bag and all my jotters, as well as my chrome book, was soaked. My chrome book was behind all of my jotters so it wasn't that bad but still water got inside of my chrome book.

    I am taking higher english and I need this computer for it. I would give a link to what this model is but I'm using my chrome book to type but I can't click on the search bar or the tabs (or use saved passwords which is annoying because I use auto generated passwords.)

    The model (on amazon is) a generation 3 with a 4gb ram.

    Any suggestions? I'm happy to answer questions as I am kinda stressed out because I have an exam soon! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Arekk56
    [link] [comments]

    Need a Displayport to DVI-DL cable.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 07:23 AM PST

    Does a cable that support 2560 x 1600 (60hz), also support 1920 x 1080 (144hz)?

    submitted by /u/ectra040
    [link] [comments]

    What should my next phone be?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    I am looking to buy a new phone and am deciding between a Google pixel 4 or an iPhone 11, both look great to me and spec wise seem perfectly fine besides the pixels battery. I'm not in any ecosystem (yet) but will be buying a laptop and watch this summer. Ive used both Android and iOS and can be fine with either. What I'm looking for is a phone that will be smooth and fast for years as I don't like to upgrade often, a phone that will be durable and not slow down or lag. I just want a reliable phone, also if it matters I'm much more of a minimalist and don't use my phone for anything crazy just want smooth reliable phone for texting calling Twitter and email. Thank you

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment