• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 22, 2020

    Tech Support - Why does Windows have a file architecture that intentionally gatekeeps even some of the higher admins from troubleshooting some folders or files?

    Tech Support - Why does Windows have a file architecture that intentionally gatekeeps even some of the higher admins from troubleshooting some folders or files?


    Why does Windows have a file architecture that intentionally gatekeeps even some of the higher admins from troubleshooting some folders or files?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 12:36 AM PST

    Say I have a bad dll in the Windows folder and need it removed and need to reinstall it via the paid/virus free version of DLLFixer, right? Well, Microsoft won't let me delete it even if I'm on domain and/or local hidden administrator account. Wtf why

    I managed to use the program Unlocker by Cedrick on my local/domain or w/e administrator account to remediate this but the whole gatekeeping files thing is news to me, don't know why the computer does this.

    It's almost to the point on a Windows computer to where you have to somehow log in as the trustedinstaller or system account by doing some sorta bypass in order to do any real troubleshooting as a really extreme just in case.

    I managed to do this myself but I am definitely new to being a Windows god mode user so I'm wondering why Windows does this in the first place.

    submitted by /u/JohnTitor26
    [link] [comments]

    Potential hack/scam? Not sure. Need help.

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 03:15 AM PST

    So a few hours ago I was scrolling through my installed apps category on Google Play Store and I accidentally clicked on an app called Mobile Installer from the company SoftBank. I was interested in seeing what this app was, since I couldn't uninstall it (it was registered as a "system" app). I look thru the reviews and realized it could potentially be a malware and now I'm concerned for my cyber safety. I've installed a anti virus app and a VPN (I did research) to protect my phone and network. Many people say that the app is causing random pop up ads, major battery draining, and causing phones to run slowly, but mine is 100% fine. Should I be concerned?

    submitted by /u/matpat_and_anime_fan
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to do reverse Image search on Amazon on Desktop?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 02:43 AM PST

    Hi Everyone

    Please am looking for an app that can scan or read an image and find exact or similar items on Amazon. I know you can do an image search on the Amazon app but I am looking for the one that works on the desktop. The one's I've seen so far does not really work

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/GlitteringMac
    [link] [comments]

    Live streaming garden 24/7

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 04:30 PM PST

    Dear redditors,

    I often miss my childhood home where i grew up.. My parents still live there and i visit often.. But miss it, i still do, especially here in covid times..

    However i have had an idea of how to partly solve some of my longing. I love the garden view from home, and I want to bring that to my new apartment. So my plan is:

    Stream 24/7 view of the garden over the internet, so that I can use my wall mounted wallpaper-TV as a window overlooking the garden at home. I plan to use an old phone as the live feed source if possible.

    So my question is: How can I, if possible, live stream 24/7 over the internet in 1080p and high ish fps using my phone as the source, and view it on a pc-connected tv over the internet?

    Hope someone can help me out :')

    Best Regards Peter from Denmark

    submitted by /u/stokkefar94
    [link] [comments]

    Need something to capture WiFi and turn it back into cabled

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:58 PM PST

    Should be simple, bit I have no idea what I'm searching for.

    Wife needs cable LAN in her office, I can't be arsed running cable through the roof.

    It doesn't need to be super high speed, she needs it for work but wifi currently does the job.

    However I have an Analogue Phone Adaptor that now the company she works for have given her a new phone, needs to be plugged directly into the phone

    Up until now she's just been using a cordless phone.

    So easiest way I thought was like a reverse wifi router that could be on the wifi, give a LAN socket, I plug the analogue phone adaptor in, and off I go.

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple have a budget iPhone option in the future?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Will Apple have a budget iPhone option in the future?

    submitted by /u/SilverTrip8845
    [link] [comments]

    Did my fire alarm just go off? Weird noise

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Hi Reddit,

    I just woke up to the sound of a regular sound that was like a mechanical inhale, not the loud beeping I associate with fire alarms. I realized my humidifier was on and my room probably got too humid so I quickly opened a window and turned it off. After doing so, the noise stopped.

    What was that noise? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/brianteur
    [link] [comments]

    How to post video files on a Samsung phone

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 02:24 PM PST

    Basically, I want to post memes I made and videos of mine, and I want to share the links through Google Drive, but I don't know if my account name will show and I don't want people to know my real name, I use the website on my Samsung and I can't download reddit on the app store due to parental restrictions, will my Google account name show, if I send the links through Drive?

    submitted by /u/GasStop69420
    [link] [comments]

    LG UltraWide Flickering

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 08:21 AM PST

    Please help, I tried everything, I don't know what to do anymore, if anyone has knowledge about a screen flickering please contact me.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/grafixxx
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring files from old mp3 player

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:12 AM PST

    TL;DR Is there a way to get mp3s off an iRiver T30 with a Windows 10 computer? I think the device gets corrupted each time I unplug it.

    I found my old iRiver T30 500MB mp3 player from circa 2005. It was a handy little device that can also do voice or line-in recording. I want to let my kids use it to record themselves so I don't have to hand them my phone. They have a kids' speaker that can play mp3s and they like to listen to themselves.

    I plugged the iRiver into my laptop (Windows 10) and was able to pull the old files out with no problem, so it was empty and ready to use. After my 5yo had made recordings of herself I plugged it back into the computer, but this time Windows Explorer took forever to load the drive, and once it did, it only showed the VOICE folder (usually there's a couple other folders) and when I opened the folder it said it was empty, even though Windows showed that little bar that tells you there's x number of MBs available.

    I think the device gets corrupted when I unplug the USB. The first time I unplugged it, I didn't try to "safely remove hardware" since that's not a default option in Windows 10 anymore. I can still see and listen to the voice recording files on the device itself. But Windows can't find them. So I tried reformatting the device (from the device settings). After it was reformatted I did a test recording, plugged it back into the laptop, and voilà! The file was there and retrievable.

    This time I tried to safely remove the device...but that didn't seem to help. The next time I plugged it back in I had the same problem as before. So I thought I'd try reformatting the device each time I unplug it. If I copy the files over to the computer it doesn't matter if they're deleted from the device since we're not using it for listening. Tested that out and it worked. So I got it ready for my daughter to use again, let her record a bunch, and today I plugged it back in, and... Same issue. Takes forever to load, Windows says it's empty. 😵

    So I know this is a dumb old thing and I probably shouldn't care and just get a different recorder for my kids, but it's driving me nuts. Is there any way to use this 15yo mp3 player with a modern laptop?

    submitted by /u/AlanaMae31
    [link] [comments]

    I broke my phone's power button

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 11:09 AM PST

    I recently cleaned my phone with an alcohol and some cottons. After I cleaned it I opened it and used it then suddenly a power option appeared and I clicked on the power button but it is not working, I think some moisture enters the buttons gap.

    Can anyone pls help me how to fix it because I've been waiting for 4 hours to let the moisture evaporate by itself but nothing happens...hope someone can help so I can fix it on my own

    Advance Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SarcasticHotdog
    [link] [comments]

    Is a HP EliteBook 8560W good enough to play games?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 10:05 AM PST

    I want to buy a laptop that can run games like. Tf2, garry's mod , minecraft and csgo. I found this laptop on a used product website for 369 euro.

    submitted by /u/crocodile_dungeon
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch to iOS for sake of ecosystem?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 09:30 AM PST

    I've been an android user for 10+ years. Never had an iPhone.

    Got Mac about an year ago and I absolutely love it.

    I also have xiaomi airdots. My issue is that when trying to use them on my mac, I have to switch off bluetooth on my phone(Google Pixel 3) and switch it on on Mac.
    I have to do this several times a day.

    My friend has Mac, Apple airpods and iPhone. He doesn't have that issue. Also, airdrop, iMessages, FaceTime and bunch of other features that are very well built and synchronized.
    One more thing I like about apple is design and simplicity. It's much better looking from the inside and outside.
    What I don't like about iOS is that I can not customize it as much as I would customize my android and also I can not download apps from browser.

    Would you switch from Android to iPhone?

    submitted by /u/ChibzZz42
    [link] [comments]

    Money saving question

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 08:34 AM PST

    I have asked this on here before but didnt really receive a proper answer, I was looking to upgrade my current existing pc build but here is what I want to re use, my cpu cooler master M1120L, my 750W power supply, and my current case with its fans, I also have 2 sets of 8 gb ram (16gb) but I am still on ddr3 which I know its not the best but thats why I wanted to swap to something like this https://gyazo.com/05525777778be6a43cf9b2ae459ecc0e

    The parts in that image are the only ones I want to swap out for and truly are the only ones that I see them improving my performance by a crazy amount due to the fact that I am still running on a gtx970 and i7-4770 which holds well but I want to start playing on ultra and very high. Please let me know if I can do this or not, but this is way cheaper for me than actually going for a full new build.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/borislavk14
    [link] [comments]

    How would I take Data (Prices) and display in graph on web page?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 07:13 AM PST

    Which free or cheap technologies would I use to achieve this?

    Basically, I want to take Auction House prices from WoW Classic, and display them in a graph, so I can see how they trend. Ideally where I can zoom in on specific date ranges.
    I think I have sorted getting the prices, and putting them into either Azure Tables, or Azure Blob/AWS S3 storage is easy enough.

    Where do I go from here?
    My skills are mostly PowerShell, with a bit of CSS/Python/lua and super basic HTML.

    Power BI seems to expensive (I haven't found a free option), and I haven't been able to google anything that tells me what tech to use for this sort of thing.

    Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks in advance...

    submitted by /u/panzerbjrn
    [link] [comments]

    Can you use Merkury Smart WiFi LED bulb with 3rd party apps?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2020 06:42 AM PST

    My girlfriend just bought a Merkury Smart WiFi LED bulb (which has color and white), wanting to sync it with her music, only to find out that the app that comes with it (Geeni) doesn't support this feature (I don't think it's a hardware limitation of the bulb). I wanted to use a 3rd party app to control it, but I'm finding it hard because the bulb uses WiFi to connect to the phone, not Bluetooth(if I go into another app and look for bulbs, nothing shows up). Has anyone run into this issue?

    https://imgur.com/a/qjSQDh2

    submitted by /u/belleayreski2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment