• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    Tech Support - Need a bold approach to broadband (100mbps minimum) nationwide by 2025 and 1gbps by 2035. This will be presented directly to a member of the Senate commerce committee.

    Tech Support - Need a bold approach to broadband (100mbps minimum) nationwide by 2025 and 1gbps by 2035. This will be presented directly to a member of the Senate commerce committee.


    Need a bold approach to broadband (100mbps minimum) nationwide by 2025 and 1gbps by 2035. This will be presented directly to a member of the Senate commerce committee.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:57 PM PST

    Please help me compile a bold approach to achieve this goal. Things from stopping ISP corruption to mandating public internet utilities be allowed to compete in any county nationwide.

    submitted by /u/JELLYboober
    [link] [comments]

    What information does a hdmi splitter send to my computer?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    when you connect a regular monitor to the computer, the computer recognizes the monitor including its name name (edid). What does the computer recognize when you connect a hdmi splitter? is there a way to make it look like a normal monitor is connected?

    stay healthy :*

    submitted by /u/lolwerlolwer
    [link] [comments]

    Skin compatabilty?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    I am looking to buy a new mac, i have a early 2015 silver Pro. I have uncertainty what colour to go for on my new purchase. I wonder how skins are used can it totally replace the outline if i buy one colour say space grey and i regret it and want to switch by using a skin, does it cover all the surface on the laptop and the colour is therefore changed completely?

    submitted by /u/Outrageous_Theory_32
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for vehicle GPS.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:52 PM PST

    I have two vehicles that I need the ability to track. Looking for something that can draw power from the vehicle (through hardwiring to the battery or other means), is inconspicous, and that does not need a subscription service to use. Any recommendations?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/casjr85
    [link] [comments]

    Could my school’s phone jammer be damaging my phone?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:12 PM PST

    I work in a public high school, and I'm not sure they use a cell signal jammer but I get service around the school but not inside. I recently got a new phone (the iPhone 12) and I still lose service inside the building like usual, but now I still have zero bars even when I leave the school, until I turn the phone off and on again. I've now started to notice my phone's internet signal being extremely slow at other times, though it still shows bars and the 5G thing. Is it possible the school is using equipment that could damage my phone?

    submitted by /u/jackk225
    [link] [comments]

    Is an app downloaded from google app store labeled APK file the same as an original app? Or is the apk "arm extension" i keep seeing on so many of my app informations damaging or fake or mirror or something bad for my devices?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:39 PM PST

    is it linux worth it?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:50 PM PST

    so i just bought a new mini pc and it's been great but windows 10 already tires me infinitely in just 1 day, with the oh so great your pc ran into some sh#t and needs to restart, updates that you can just deny and etc.

    so i thought well it seems that i need to go back to windows 7, but the issue with drivers and whatnot is also pretty tiring and annoying to be honest, so any linux users here? how bad is it? is actually a decent OS?

    by the way ive seen the logs of why it happened every time and to be honest i didnt understand much at all but most errors were just classified as blue screen error

    submitted by /u/weedandchocolates
    [link] [comments]

    I've read somewhere about resetting ink settings to fully use them instead of having to swap half full ink cartridges.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    I'm not really techy, so I apologise for any miscommunication in the title. I didn't know how else to word it.

    I've read that many printers refuse to print and demand change of cartridges when they are still half full and it's a way of printer producers to get you into buying more ink more often. If that's just a myth, please let me know. But I remember reading that you can reset some settings in your printer for it to think you changed your cartrigdges without actually doing it, and it works just fine for some more time, until they're actually empty.

    My question is: I'm struggling to fing any info on this for my printer (HP Deskjet 2600), only official HP manuals on how to change the cartridges.

    Anybody can help out where I can find more detailed information? Or is it the same with all printers?

    submitted by /u/horrendale
    [link] [comments]

    What do people use to design computer chips?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:42 PM PST

    So my teacher this semester is having us draw microchip design on graph paper and then put it into this Java program that he wrote based on the location of each chip on the graph paper which made me curious about how people normally design chips. Thinking like logic gates like and or or not. Is there any major programs that is used or something?

    submitted by /u/Pacman042
    [link] [comments]

    Is my phone more at risk of Security vulnerabilities than my computer with the longer timeframe between updates?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:31 PM PST

    So my PC seems to have at least 1 update a day, nightly I shut it down, when I turn it back on next I've come to understand "Installing updates" is part of the boot process.

    If you look at the windows update log, almost every update fixed something that could be exploited.

    However I'm lucky to get 1 update on my phone per month. Yet every update on my phone will fix "Security Vulnerabilities" as in, plural of vulnerability.

    So, does this mean my phone is more vulnerable to security issues than my computer and that device manufacturers are less prepared to issue updates to fix the issues?

    Also I'm aware that having an unlocked phone, my updates go Google->Samsung->Me

    But having a carrier locked phone they go Google->Samsung->Telco->Me

    Could this process be adding to the timeframe it takes?

    On that note, why don't Windows updates need validation from the hardware manufacturers?

    Why don't they go Microsoft->Manufacturer->End User?

    I know sometimes Windows updates will Bork PC's until a further patch is released. Would a model the sane as phones help or hinder this?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Does open window over night hurt my monitor?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:53 PM PST

    I have my monitor about 60cm away from window, which I want to be open over night (my computer is under my desk so I'm not worried about it). It's usually a few °C above zero over night and normal temperature in my room (about 21°C I guess). I personally don't think that the difference between temperatures is that big and so it can't really do anything bad to my monitor. I've been told that it's bad, but some people told me it's okay, that's why I'm here.

    submitted by /u/ArivanCZ
    [link] [comments]

    FotoSwipe privacy questions

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:32 PM PST

    I did a really stupid thing where I downloaded this app FotoSwipe which transfers files from phone to pc via a website and I selected all my photos to be transferred, while doing that I tried reading the privacy policy and I didn't quite get it, I got a bad feeling about it, I canceled when it reached 96% It said no file where transferred I deleted the app too But I'm really worried, are they going to be loaded in the server or something, I don't quite get what can happen, could someone please help?

    submitted by /u/reemhl
    [link] [comments]

    Help me about upgrading my PC please.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    My PC spec: Motherboard ASRock LGA1151 Z370 Pro4
    CPUIntel® Core™ i5-8400
    Video CardGeForce GTX 1050ti
    Ram 16 ram 4x4
    What shud i upgrade first to have best performance in gaming?
    I am talking 120+ fps on medium high in Rust Warzone Pubg etc. Budget around 1000 euros.

    submitted by /u/Perulata
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect my Huawei phone/tablet to my TV?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:06 PM PST

    Well I can get them connected to my TV through wireless sharing, but as soon as I try to play a film on Disney+ it won't play the video. My TVs a Toshiba and doesn't have the Disney+ app on it. I got a HDMI to USB C cable but that doesn't seem to do anything either, only gives the option to reverse charge - which is pretty pointless if it's connected to my TV? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Binners297
    [link] [comments]

    Waterproof USB stick

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:35 AM PST

    If the housing is waterproof, will a USB flash drive type A or C be waterproof?

    submitted by /u/Weert-Gilders
    [link] [comments]

    will Bluetooth aptX headphones work with my Samsung Galaxy s5 Neo and 2017 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:10 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I am looking to buy a pair of bluetooth headphones for casual listening purposes. I have found the Sennheiser HD 350BT https://www.richersounds.com/sennheiser-hd-350bt-black.html and they seem like a good pair within my price range. In the description of the product it mentions that "partnering device must feature aptX compatibility" - when looking into this I found it difficult to find the answers I needed. If someone could please explain to me what this aptX bluetooth is and whether my products (listed in the question title) will be compatible with these headphones / how I can find this out it would be really appreciated.

    Thanks to anyone who reads this and offers me advice
    All the best,

    Matt :)

    submitted by /u/mattyp_123
    [link] [comments]

    Modified Wipe of Data for donation Computers

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:01 AM PST

    I have a laptop and desktop computer (both WIN10) that i want to donate, and I have an organization that will take them.

    I want to donate them and have programs like MS Office (with no backup installer) that it would be great to leave on.

    How do I remove the current logins and at the same time maintain installed programs?

    I'm experienced enough to identify personal files and sensitive data for removal, but currently don't have a wipe-and-overwrite program either.

    Your suggestions & instruction would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jthsbay
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best true wireless ear buds on the market right now?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:52 AM PST

    Is it possible to add a virtual display or monitor in windows 10 that acts just like a regularl connected monitor would, and is detected by other programs as it's own monitor.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:34 AM PST

    I've been searching for something like this for a long time but no luck, from my understanding windows 10 doesn't allow virtual physical monitors.

    submitted by /u/benji_kash
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment