• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Tech Support - WiFi connection help

    Tech Support - WiFi connection help


    WiFi connection help

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:20 PM PST

    Hello everyone! I've been trying to play some videogames with my girlfriend back home, I live in Japan, and I know my WiFi connection is great but hers isn't.... she tells me about how slow it gets and I want to improve it. So I was thinking about getting something to help her with it without paying more for monthly due to her living situation. Problem, I have no idea how to and I've been reading about routers and modems with plenty other terms I have no clue about. How do I help her? What info do I need to get to better help you guys as well??

    TLDR; how do you improve WiFi without paying more monthly?

    submitted by /u/Lemons46
    [link] [comments]

    How to watch deleted YT video?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:49 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I have an issue - there were some YouTube videos on my watchlist but I noticed a few days ago that they got removed (I guess the owner deleted their channel). I was able to retrieve the channel URL and thus video URLs via archive.org, but sadly archive.org / the Wayback Machine has not archived the videos.

    Are there any other ways to retrieve a deleted video without using archive.org?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/21sept
    [link] [comments]

    How to manage public gaming PCs?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:27 AM PST

    I have 12 gaming PCs to deploy at a library. They will each have 10 games, and the users must be able to install their own applications, save files, etc., so I can't use kiosk mode. But as public access computers, of course the users will immediately try to break them in any way they can think of. The only off-the-shelf solution I'm finding is Faronics Deep Freeze software, which reverts any changes the user makes on reboot, but there's still a problem. These games have regular updates, and we can't have people waiting for 30 minutes of updates out of their hour long session. And I don't think I can just push updates over the network because they all have their own launchers and logins. I would have to stay after hours a couple times a week, sit down at each computer, thaw it, run updates, and then refreeze it. I'm not really willing to do that.

    I do have an extra PC that I can use as a reference. Maybe there is a way to fully automate a deployment from PXE boot? Then I could just use a cloned image to update all the other PCs. I don't know how to do this, however. I'd still have to sit down and go through all the MDT prompts. Maybe there is some great Internet Cafe software I'm not aware of? I don't know. Any advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Kontraux
    [link] [comments]

    GPU vs CPU

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:05 AM PST

    I currently have an Intel Core i3 9100f and a GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte Windforce 3x OC 4gb Edition I have enough to upgrade 1 and only 1, I want to upgrade my i3 9100f to a i5 9400f and I want to upgrade my gtx 970 to a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 Super OC 4GB/ Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 Super WindForce OC 4GB (haven't decided on which gpu yet) Budget is around $200 to $300 AUD I mainly play GPU intensive games but have recently gotten into emulation and some of the emulators (specifically RPCS3 which is a ps3 emulator) requires more cpu than gpu but there are other ones that are more gpu than cpu.

    submitted by /u/ItzEclipser
    [link] [comments]

    SMART PHONE HELP!!! "OPPO"

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:04 AM PST

    Okay soooo generally need help on updating my ancient phone. Decided to go for the oppo.

    OppoA20 OppoA92

    Which one is better and why. Pretty much use my phone everyday but have a seperate iphone for work (dont like iphones!) Please help me decide. I am generally at a loss. Much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BeautyStorm111
    [link] [comments]

    Best Laptop to Buy

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:05 AM PST

    As we entered this new decade of the digital world. A lot of crazy techs came up to the market. if you are not a tech freak it is hard to find the best gadget for you out there. This is why we have come up with this blog about the best laptop to buy in 2021. If interested give us a visit via the link mentioned below.

    https://www.how-to-reset.com/blog/best-laptops-to-buy/

    submitted by /u/clairestevens01
    [link] [comments]

    Business Time clock that you can clock on/off different jobs throughout the day, touch screen

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:02 PM PST

    I have a shop and I jump from one project to another multiple times a day, it make tracking your time on each job difficult, is there an app for a tablet or hardware for pc that you can add jobs and just touch them to sigh on/off?

    submitted by /u/latenightfun55
    [link] [comments]

    How does a backdoor into software like iOS work?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 04:47 PM PST

    I think there was a news story not to long ago about how the FBI asked Apple to make them a backdoor into iOS. How would something like that even work? They would just have some sort of master password that unlocks any iDevice?

    submitted by /u/WiseNebula1
    [link] [comments]

    Weird speaker

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:02 PM PST

    I have an AXESS speaker and it is so weird. Whenever I turn it on there's two things that will happen. Either 1, it starts beeping and connects to my Bluetooth, or 2, it plays this random religious and LOUD foreign music. I don't understand it because it's not my language. Also, no matter what volume setting it's at, it is loud as fuck. Whenever the battery is low it beeps like a bomb. I dont know if I'm paranoid but this is weird. Never have I had a radio play random Muslim music, and never have I had a device beep to the point that it sounds like a bomb. I've had this speaker for like a year now.

    submitted by /u/StreetGanja
    [link] [comments]

    What is the long term cheapest tech setup?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:36 PM PST

    Currently, I just have a laptop that I plan on replacing in 1-2 years. I code, do some gaming (on low specs), and go on the internet with it. I don't think I'll need to do anything beyond these tasks.

    I think buying a new mid-range laptop every 5-10 years must not be the cheapest option, but I cant think of anything cheaper. A pc build would probably be much cheaper in the long run (just swapping parts out) but I need portability.

    What is the cheapest tech setup in the long run?

    submitted by /u/CaskMA
    [link] [comments]

    If there was a hard drive that used a protocol that was completely different from any current protocols, would it be possible to reverse engineer the protocol?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:58 PM PST

    Zoom locks students mouse?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:43 PM PST

    So I saw a tiktok https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJKYyLvF/

    And is seems as the teacher locked the students mouse. Does zoom even have that capability? And how would you get control back without terminating the zoom meeting? Or would that not be possible?

    submitted by /u/SamoBomb
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to keep creation date metadata after trimming audio files?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Basically I would like to be able to trim hours of silence off of recordings I have without losing the date created metadata of the file.

    I'm losing the date created metadata because the audio editors I've tried (QuickTime, Audacity, Easy Voice Recorder Pro) all create a completely new file on the moment I click "save".

    Is there a way or a program that would modify my existing audio files rather than create new ones? Or just a way I can can keep my metadata?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/thicknorton
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to stream a playlist to my friends?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:22 PM PST

    Is there a free way to stream a playlist from my private MP3 library to a small group of friends, in the form of a radio station or something similar? PC-Windows is preferable and I'd prefer the people on the other end to only need a URL to hear the music.

    In my research this is appearing to be much more complicated than I originally thought.

    submitted by /u/suplexkirby
    [link] [comments]

    2 in 1 Laptop or PC+tablet

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:10 AM PST

    I am a third-year engineering student and I have finally saved up for a new computer. The problem is I am not sure which route I should take. On the one hand, I can get a 2 in 1 laptop (As the XPS13) which will allow me to take notes with a stylus and still have a dedicated with me at all times. On the other hand, if I chose a tablet (S6 Lite) it is much more portable and then I can have a dedicated system for fusion360 (and some gaming if I find the time). So Reddit what would you suggest I do?

    submitted by /u/TheCoffeeDestroyer
    [link] [comments]

    Low buzz from speakers with 3.5mm audio switch

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:20 AM PST

    I have recently bought a (passive) 3.5mm jack audio switch that should direct signal to either my headphones or to my speakers based on the state of the switch. The issue I'm having is that my speakers produce a loud, low-frequency buzz when I select my headphones. The speakers produce the same buzz when they are not connected to the switch, but the AUX cable is connected to *just* the speaker and disconnected at the other end.

    It seems to have nothing to do with the audio switch then, but I would like to know whether this is something I could resolve nonetheless. As the buzz is present when the speakers are not connected to anything, I don't suspect this has anything to do with a ground loop.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ZwakkeSchakel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment