• Breaking News

    Friday, December 11, 2020

    Tech Support - Why does the Bluetooth still suck?

    Tech Support - Why does the Bluetooth still suck?


    Why does the Bluetooth still suck?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:24 PM PST

    I mean seriously in 2020 why don't we have a better technology that can transmit audio through a wall or in the other room when WiFi can do it?

    submitted by /u/nitesh_19
    [link] [comments]

    Video Call via Smart TV

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    Hello, I am living abroad and we want to do HD video calls via our smart TVs with my parents. We have the following setup:

    1- Samsung Tizen Smart Tv + Android devices 2- Samsung non-Tizen & Firetv 4k + Android/ios devices

    I will buy Webcams to both TVs if there's working solution. I can get also chromecast etc if needed.

    As I found out, Skype for TV native app was discontinued in 2018 and no known app is providing this functionality afterwards.

    Thanks guys & girls!

    Please don't give me advises of connecting PC to my TV.

    submitted by /u/kanatsizteyyare360
    [link] [comments]

    Number of PS4 controllers to PC limited?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:21 PM PST

    I have 2 PS4 controllers and an old Xbox360 controller. I have connected these to my PC, the PS4 controllers via Bluetooth and the Xbox360 controller via a wireless USB adapter. This all works perfectly fine.

    As I want to play with 4 persons at the same time, I just bought an additional PS4 controller. However, I can't get all the 3 PS4 controllers connected to my PC at the same time. I can perfectly add the first 2 controllers, but can't connect the 3rd one. I tried removing controllers and connect them again, but now starting with the controller that could not connect in my first try. Now it does connect perfectly fine, the 2nd also goes fine, but the 3rd one does not want to connect. In all these cases I left the Xbox controller adapter unconnected.

    I found one old post quickly mentioning that you can only connect 2 PS4 controllers to the PC via Bluetoots, but couldn't find any confirmation or solution. Is it limited or is there a way to connect 3 PS4 controllers via Bluetooth (and hopefully also the 360 controller)

    submitted by /u/ETA_was_here
    [link] [comments]

    dell 5000 - please help me

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:53 AM PST

    (already posted this on a different group - i hope that's okay.)

    hello there. i'd like to ask for help. so, my dell 5000 laptop has been acting up for weeks now. and since then, i haven't really been able to use it. random white circles would appear on the top of my screen, and they'd go crazy. the same happens to my cursor. both move on their own and usually at high speeds, darting around every other direction. it sometimes also types on it's own. can someone please help me? i am not very good at technology and things like these. thank you!

    (note: my laptop has two viruses. both have been on my laptop for years but only now has it been acting up. another thing to note is, i've been using my laptop more lately thanks to online school. that may be part of the problem so i'm just saying.)

    submitted by /u/velvethoney12
    [link] [comments]

    What streaming box has HBO Max app?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:20 PM PST

    Was going to buy a Chromecast but I can't find online if they have an app or you stream it or what. Roku doesn't have a deal with them so no app. Apple TV is like 200 bones. Sorry if wrong sub and thanks for any input.

    submitted by /u/johnjamesjoseph
    [link] [comments]

    Can r/Asktechnology give us some insight in how people feel about QR paying technology?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:59 AM PST

    Hello we are a couple of student studying IT in the Netherlands. We are looking into the viability of a nationwide/international QR paying system, like how it happened in China with Alipay. The biggest problem is the fact that taking such a system of the ground is a herculean task. We would like your insight to get a better picture of people's feeling towards QR.

    Here is the survey:

    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRzDGohh9s7MgzxWq-ZVs_oa8x2fKEwq-e6So8xOkgsMYx7g/viewform?usp=sf_link

    If you have any questions we would be happy to answer :)

    submitted by /u/pjorter
    [link] [comments]

    Stylus?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:35 AM PST

    Hi guys are you aware of any notable compatible stylus' for the HP 12" x 360 2 in 1 Chromebook?

    submitted by /u/Capstick97
    [link] [comments]

    Interview

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 07:02 PM PST

    Hello ! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I need to interview someone for my college class who works in a field related to autonomous or semi-autonomous tech and was wondering if anybody here would be willing to be interviewed. Thanks in advance !

    submitted by /u/ZoinkedAvocado
    [link] [comments]

    What's the difference between my "Snap-on temperature gun" that I use at work and an infrared thermometer you would use to take body temp?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:20 PM PST

    my laptop external moniter not working fix plzz

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    So i disabled all of my graphic card in my device manager cuz im stupid and when i turn my laptop on i don't see my screen because it's broken so i use a external moniter and my moniter says no signal so can someone fix this issue it will help me alot. and i don't have the money to buy a new laptop and yea plzz fix.

    submitted by /u/kooskwuvsyou
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change my IP-adress to public?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:50 PM PST

    I recently moved in to a college dorm and the internet is very fast, 1 gb/sec, however when trying to torrent (I am using a VPN) the speeds are extremely slow, or the download doesn't start at all. I did some googling and found that I need a public IP to be able to p2p download, however my ISP doesn't offer public IP-adresses to student dorms.

    Is there any way to fix this myself? Or do I have to accept that my pirating days are over for now?

    submitted by /u/5kyblu
    [link] [comments]

    eARC confusion in need of help!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 04:44 PM PST

    Hi all!

    Im in need of some advice, generally im fairly ok with tech but i have a question about eARC.

    So the sonos arc sound bar only has 1 HDMI/eARC port. If i put my 4k fire stick in a 2.0 HDMI port on my T.V, and then put the sonos arc in the 2.1 eARC port on the same T. V, will i still get 4k dolby vision picture with dolby atmos sound using this set up? Or do i need more then 1 HDMI 2.1 port on the T. V or soundbar to achieve this?

    Cheers for any points on this guys and girls.

    submitted by /u/HankMarvin20
    [link] [comments]

    Is 4K needed?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:52 AM PST

    Plain and simple. 4K 60hz 32" OR 2K 165hz 27".

    I do both gaming and video/photo editing.

    Advices needed!

    submitted by /u/Mr_Fries69
    [link] [comments]

    Which mesh system should I go for?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 03:02 PM PST

    I've got a lot of smart tech (6x google homes, Wyze cameras, smart speakers and an endless amount of WiFi switches) that relies on my WiFi network but have blackspots in my house using my current talktalk WiFi router.

    I've got an outbuilding I'd like to be able to stretch the WiFi to too. I've seen a couple of systems and would love your thoughts on them:

    BT Mini Whole Home Wi-Fi, Pack of 3 Discs

    Tenda Nova MW3-3 Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System

    I'd love to spring for the nest WiFi system as I know it's got a built in router too, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to part with the cash if there's an alternative that does a similar job at a lower cost.

    submitted by /u/floatinglilo
    [link] [comments]

    With regards to data drift, do larger files have a greater chance of data drift compared to a large number of small files, or what is the correlation?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:25 AM PST

    Help needed

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 11:08 AM PST

    Using one monitor for two computers?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 11:02 AM PST

    Hi there,

    I am into music production and use a macbook solely for this. I also share the same desk with my desktop gaming PC. I am wondering if it is possible to use my monitor for both my PC and macbook separately.

    As an example, I want to have the monitor switch when I am using my macbook and then switch to my gaming pc when gaming. Is this possible to do if I connect my PC to the monitor with a Display port and then connect the same monitor to my macbook using the HDMI port?

    submitted by /u/inkjetneo
    [link] [comments]

    How to test credit card protection sleeves?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 05:55 AM PST

    I have just purchased credit card protection sleeves (proof). How do I put them to the test, to make sure they work as advertised? If it is of any help, I have an android phone with a built-in NFC reader.

    submitted by /u/dodli
    [link] [comments]

    When using a hotspot to download an update on a console, is the size of the update the same size of data you are using?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 09:17 AM PST

    For example, would a 40 gig update on Xbox use 40 gigs of data from my hotspot?

    submitted by /u/DumbShart
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally destroyed my laptop

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 08:01 AM PST

    So my pc was a bit slow so I decided to end some task to clear some RAM and such, and I saw file explorer was using some so I thought, Il just end it, it's just an application. Now my whole desktop is gone, I just see some blue

    submitted by /u/Jasplenn2
    [link] [comments]

    Need some guide on adding RAM

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:47 AM PST

    i cant attach image here but here is my spec : https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/kagh0v/need_some_help_and_confirmation_on_adding_ram_on/

    my question is should i buy 1600mhz or 800mhz ?

    submitted by /u/asyrafang32
    [link] [comments]

    Speakers have improved drastically over the years, but is there a hard limit? Will we ever have home theater sound on smartphone speakers?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 06:12 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment