• Breaking News

    Friday, December 6, 2019

    Tech Support - How long should it take to transfer a full 500gb Crucial ssd to a 1tb Crucial SSD

    Tech Support - How long should it take to transfer a full 500gb Crucial ssd to a 1tb Crucial SSD


    How long should it take to transfer a full 500gb Crucial ssd to a 1tb Crucial SSD

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 10:38 PM PST

    As the question suggests, I'm upgrading the hard drive in my 2012 Mac Pro because I've run out of storage. I'm trying to clone my hard drive and I think something might be going wrong because it is take forever. I've been a few hours and the progress bar hasn't moved much.

    I'm transferring via Disk Utility and using a usb 3 to SATA.

    Anyone know how long this should take or have any advice on another way to go about this?

    submitted by /u/royhaven
    [link] [comments]

    how to clone apps android without root - Unlimited clone app android

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 11:47 PM PST

    Welcome everyone, lets talk about multiple login accounts in one android device.

    For example, you have 5 Facebook or twitter accounts. And you know that, you can't login multiple accounts at once in one app. We received lots of subscribers, requests about this problem.

    So We decided to give you solution about clone apps android without root.

    Watch the video to fulfill your desire regarding google services.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0US81Mi8C4

    submitted by /u/saminajazz
    [link] [comments]

    Could an entire phone screen be used as a fingerprint scanner?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:50 PM PST

    Or a finger print scanner have pixels put on it?

    submitted by /u/DontAskQs
    [link] [comments]

    Just received a k280e keyboard - some keys are very hard to press

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:32 AM PST

    i just received and plugged this logitech keyboard. Most of it work fine, except some keys require more strength than others. Specifically, the Left control key, the shift key and the A key (azerty layout). I would just return it but i wanted to know if it was fixable in some other way

    submitted by /u/vinz243
    [link] [comments]

    ISP for gamers

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:40 AM PST

    So I live with my brother and two cousins. At any point of the day there is at least 2 people gaming. We're all console players and we're either playing Call of Duty, Fortnite or NBA 2k. On top of that we have 2 or 3 smart TVs streaming video, such as Netflix or Hulu. Then there's smartphones doing normal smartphone stuff like social media etc. I'm looking for advice for an internet service provider and internet speeds capable to handle our situation. I currently have frontier internet and it's like $55 a month which is why it's bad. Also want to know if there's a good router to help assist my internet using experience.

    submitted by /u/dlee03
    [link] [comments]

    Interview about IA for school

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 12:56 AM PST

    Hello, not sure if this is supposed to be posted here and I apologise in advance if I posted on the wrong subreddit.

    So I have this school project that requires me to have an interview with someone that work on AI or closely related. I tried contacting some peoples from my country but couldn't get anyone since it's the end of the year, Christmas is coming and they're busy. Which is why I'm asking for help here. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Qether
    [link] [comments]

    I just got a new smartphone and I can not access some sites.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 08:50 PM PST

    I just upgraded to a galaxy J7 crown and I have set it up and activated it but I can not get onto some sites.

    Other sites I can get to fine and they load but other ones do not.

    What can be causing this?

    I can access the sites fine from my computer.

    I keep getting this error message:

    err_connection_refused

    submitted by /u/LivingBrother7
    [link] [comments]

    Connectivity issues

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 08:04 PM PST

    Problems with interrent connection on my son's pc. Out of the blue Ethernet connection dropped. Windows said the IP was bad. Couldn't connect via wireless either...5g just shows as loading and normal has one bar and won't connect. All other devices can connect to the router with no issues and good speed on speed test. The computer was able to connect to a hotspot with no issues. Also temporarily connected via Ethernet back to the router but super slow connection (2.5mbps at the fastest). Can't tell if the problem is with the router (no problems with any other devices) or the computer (trouble with the router but not with hotspot).

    I should also add that I've rebooted router and computer multiple times. Also called isp and they said the problem is with the computer since all other devices are functioning normally. Did all of the standard trouble shooting for network adapter issues with no luck.

    submitted by /u/roasthawg
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Ethernet adapters

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:53 PM PST

    Do Ethernet to usb 3 or usb c adapters have a speed reduction? if so, which would be faster? would the difference even be noticable?

    submitted by /u/Grim_Sounding
    [link] [comments]

    internet access in a remote location

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 06:58 PM PST

    Hey AskTech! I'm about to leave the US to do some work in a very remote corner of Argentina with no cell service. I'll be there for 3 months, so I'm looking to see if there are any options for internet access. Are there other ways to get internet access without being able to use some sort of hot spot connected to a cell phone carrier?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SirMitchALot
    [link] [comments]

    Help buy monitor/docking station

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 02:55 PM PST

    Hello,

    I don't know very much about tech stuff.

    I am looking to buy a monitor or docking station for my laptops. I primarily use a dell xps 15 (9570), but sometimes use a macbook pro (2012), and would like to buy a monitor or docking station that works for both.

    I mostly just want the monitor to give myself more space to open multiple windows. Is there a specific model I should get? Would it be a good idea to get a docking station in addition to a monitor? Will I need any adapters to use either of my laptops?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ticklemetulips
    [link] [comments]

    Finding rss feed of a drupal based website

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 04:19 AM PST

    Hi there

    I want to find rss feed of a drupal based news website. Is there any way to do so?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Fazal181
    [link] [comments]

    I have a stupid question about my processor speeds

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:48 AM PST

    I have an i7-8850H and it's a 2.6ghz processor. That what it's advertised at and that's what my pc properties say. I was looking online to see how good of a CPU it was because 2.6 feels low for what I paid for. Then I found this from an article that confused me. "The processor clocks at between 2.6 and 4.3 GHz (4.1 with 4 cores, 4 GHz with 6 cores)".

    Where is that 4.3 number coming from? If my CPU can output at 4.3ghz, why not call it a 4.3ghz processor? 2.6 makes it sound like it's the weakest part of my laptop while 4.3 is something to write home about. Could someone explain what this means please?

    submitted by /u/Stoic_Stranger
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with gaming headset

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:32 AM PST

    I just bought a new Eluktronics laptop, literally 1 day old. I plug in my gaming headset and it is not recognized. My friend who also has a brand new laptop has the exact same problem and we both have relatively new mics. In fact, no audio devices are recognized on my computer, not even my Amazonbasics speakers. Does anyone know this issue? The drivers should all be up to date seeing that the computer is so new. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Borrelguard
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding two of the same wireless headset

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 07:27 AM PST

    So I bought a Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headset for Black Friday - my roomie thought it looked cool and ordered one, which will come today or tomorrow.

    Thing is, that we're both sitting and playing in one room (shared office) - would his headset interfere/connect to my connector and vice versa - if so, is there a way to get around this, other than forcing him to get another headset?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/FernanMailly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment