• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 4, 2020

    Tech Support - TVs in a Chimp Building

    Tech Support - TVs in a Chimp Building


    TVs in a Chimp Building

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I am the director at a zoo with a Chimpanzee exhibit. We plan to install two TVs in the public area of the building. These will be connected to a computer in a back area. We'd like to set up a slide presentation with information, video clips, etc to play during the day. This is easy enough. But we'd like it to switch automatically to a movie, or netflix, or something along those lines later in the evening after all the public has left grounds for enrichment for the chimps. I've been having difficulty finding a method for a timer to switch from one program to another. Thoughts? Or alternate ideas that would accomplish the same goal? Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/runthezoo
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you need to download a program to use Java applications, but not to use programs written in any other language?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I am not a programmer or computer expert, so this might be a stupid question, but I am curious. I can't find an answer online to this, and I figure this fits this sub best.

    submitted by /u/MrNewcity
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have any mobile app idea to make ?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/_hugo_j_
    [link] [comments]

    My phone is somehow downloading reddit videos to my storage without me even downloading them, I only saw them and somehow it's downloading them. I think it's also happening with my discord app.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    What's going on here and what's the solution? I've had this happened before where it's downloading pictures of ads.

    submitted by /u/MERRIT2
    [link] [comments]

    App payments and subscriptions

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    I think it would be better (or best) if somehow when buying or paying for an app, the transaction should be recognized on different mobile platforms (whether you are Android or iOS).

    I know that this is due to the proprietary app stores of either platforms that prevents this but this should be done. Just saying.

    submitted by /u/Philip041594
    [link] [comments]

    Long term storage

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    So, as the title say, I know usb can last for a while and hdd can last for 10 years or so without "refreshing", but as my lost photos can testify its not the best way to store stuff, they get corrupted eventually.

    There's also the cloud way but that's not optimal, if the company goes bankrupt or whatever they have my data and it's gone, that happened a few years ago with megaupload for example.

    So I'm looking an store and forget kind of option, something that if it gets forgotten 10 years into the future it's still there, like the photo album or physical books.

    I've read that there were some quartz memory stuff that for some reason we never heard again, I would love something like that, from what I've seen I think there are not many conventional methods but, are there any one other than just print and save it in paper?

    submitted by /u/otoko_no_hito
    [link] [comments]

    How to find long-lasting devices

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    I'm moving out quite soon and have been thinking about which brands I should buy for a washing machine and the like. I'm ready to pay a bit more to have something that actually works well and for a long time. Sadly high prices do not equal high quality since a long time now, miele for example isn't as good as it used to be. I'm kinda desperate cause I don't want to buy a device that is basically programmed to break in three years, that's almost impossible today tho. I don't mind if you name brands, just be honest with your experience. But please don't talk about how your device from 1995 is sooo amazing and still works, the brand probably doesn't prodcuce in the same quality and i won't be able to find that specific device. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/vickypanties
    [link] [comments]

    Reason behind limit on Zoom, Google meet participants

    Posted: 04 Jul 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    One can notice that video meeting tools like zoom, google meet, webex etc. have limits in place for the number of participants. I'm curious to know what is the technological reason behind that and what are the challenges with too many participants. Are the video streams of all the participants sent to every user or only the ones which the user is looking at in their gallery view ?

    submitted by /u/bond031998
    [link] [comments]

    Splicing a broken USB cord

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    I have two questions related to two scenarios:

    1. If I had a wired USB keyboard and the cord was cut, could I solder it back together? If I lost the cord with the USB header could I use another USB cord, provided that it allows data transfer?
    2. If there was a keyboard with a different header, old school, could I solder a USB header in place of it? I hypothesize not;¿ something to do with the format of the data stream being transmitted?
    submitted by /u/QuantumCuttlefish
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got a cheap webcam, video by default is fisheyed. Fix?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    As far as I can tell, there's not program to change the settings that pairs with this webcam, so I'm at a loss for how to fix this. I've tried Googling a fix but I don't get anything except how to buy webcams that can do fish eye lens effect. I thought if I looked hard enough, I could find someone talking about how to set it up, and walk myself backwards into how to turn it off but I've only found videos talking about how to do it in post recorded files in other programs.

    Is there something I can do to fix this? The description of this cam states nothing about a fisheye effect and neither do the reviews.

    submitted by /u/C16MkIII
    [link] [comments]

    Controller modification/integration

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I'll try to keep this simple. I recently bought a flight stick for ps4. To everyone's disappointment it doesn't work for all of the games. So with my spare ps4 controller I am wondering if there's a way to use the parts from the spare controller and make this flight stick a fully functional controller to work with all ps4 games. (I'll compromise some functions if needed)

    Materials at hand: T. Flight hotas 4, Logitech X3D pro, Ps4 controller, Bluetooth speakers

    If you believe you can help it's greatly appreciated. Either way thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/ThePirateScribe1716
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to get/build a cross platform + cross device media library that I have control over?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    I've recently become pretty fed up with how I don't seem to own anything anymore in regards to media. If I build a media library through Apple (i.e. Movies, Music & TV) I feel roped into owning and purchasing apple products and doing things "their way" for the rest of my life. Apple aside I also want to be able to own my own music library instead of being hogtied to streaming services.

    In short, I want to be able to build my own media library of music and film that allows me the control of the whats wheres and hows of how I use it.

    In my searching I've come across three platforms that seem like they might be helpful in letting me do this: Vudu, Movies Anywhere, and Plex. But I'm still kind of in the dark when it comes to the best way to go about building a media library that I feel like I own and have total control over. Help and advice would be sooo much appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/doctorhoid
    [link] [comments]

    Track down searches

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Can someone who doesn't belong to the police, government or institution like that track down my google searches? I'm talking in the case that they have my IP address, therefore my ISP, and the address of where I did that search, like a coffee place. On the same note, is there something that works like Google Trends or Keyword Planner but that it can work in more specific areas like streets or neighborhoods The other day I got to know about Google Trends and Keyword Planner of which I did not know of its existence. And it just freaked me out a bit since I don't know to which extent can sites like this work. And then I thought of the IP address and everything I've said before and the paranoia started. I would like to know who can do such a thing as tracking down searches if they have for example my IP and the address of where I did that search (street or neighborhood)

    submitted by /u/qwertyuiiuytrewq122
    [link] [comments]

    Is somebody else using my email?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    Please forgive me if this is the wrong subreddit, but I'm not sure where else I can post this. Earlier I received an email from OnlyFans with a code saying "Your one time access code to complete the email update." The email was addressed to somebody else who's name is not even remotely close to mine. Why have I received this? I have never used OnlyFans. I haven't seen any evidence that my email account has been compromised.

    submitted by /u/fes97
    [link] [comments]

    Script or setting that allows running an exe when Bluetooth controller paired with Win10?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    What I want to do is run a given emulator when I switch on a given controller. I have a SNES 8bitdo Bluetooth wireless and a Genesis style wireless Bluetooth controller too. I'd like it if when I switch on the SNES controller that snes9x.exe pops up and when I switch on the Genesis controller a Genesis emulator.exe pops up.

    The same will go for almost all other controllers I have to a certain extent, rather than have a pile of consoles under the TV I'd love to just switch on a controller and get straight into an emulator. It'd be nice to setup on my gf's laptop too just to streamline things as much as possible.

    So is this possible in Win10? I'm tempted to write a program in C++ or C# that does it if not. I know there are a few basic scripting languages for controlling Windows (I used to use one for window layouts to have 6 different news channels stream at once on one screen) and maybe there's some sort of setting I'm unaware of?

    So can anyone think of an easy, or not so easy way to do this? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TheFilthyPixels
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment