• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 12, 2020

    Tech Support - Want to make my TV turn on by itself every morning and play music to wake me up. Anyone know how? I have chrome cast and Spotify and a smart TV.

    Tech Support - Want to make my TV turn on by itself every morning and play music to wake me up. Anyone know how? I have chrome cast and Spotify and a smart TV.


    Want to make my TV turn on by itself every morning and play music to wake me up. Anyone know how? I have chrome cast and Spotify and a smart TV.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 08:45 PM PST

    My tech illiterate mom needs an affordable way to send texts/text based images to my (early Alzheimer’s) grandmother’s home in a way that will display them at all times to remind my Grandmom of current information she might need (the date: appointments; etc) Details inside.

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:17 PM PST

    My Grandmom is still healthy enough to live alone, but she panics sometimes because she's worried she forgot something important, even though she didn't. My mom knows that it won't be long before she needs to move in(we already went through this with my dad's mom a decade ago) but for now she wants a way to be able to have a constant visual reminder of up-to-date information that would display on my Grandmom's wall that she can refer to.

    It basically can't be any more complicated than my mom sending an email or text to [THE SOLUTION].

    It needs to be able to display things like "today is Monday, July 1st, 2020", or "John will be coming over today at noon", or "you already got the mail today", etc.

    I thought about photo frames that you can email, but my mom would need a (dead simple) way to remotely remove the old messages/pictures as well as add them. You can't have it scrolling through and displaying expired information after all. That would be extremely counterproductive.

    Unfortunately I'm 1,750 miles away, so I can't do the tech setup myself. This needs to be dead simple for my mom to use.

    It also does NOT need to be interactive on Grandmom's end. It just needs to display.

    Thanks for any ideas y'all might have!

    submitted by /u/jordanFromJersey
    [link] [comments]

    Help identify notebook model

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:16 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/gallery/AadcEH0

    Need ID on this to order replacement screen.

    submitted by /u/MrBaseball77
    [link] [comments]

    Chromebook not charging

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Hi,

    My Dell Chromebook isn't charging. It also isn't turning on because it's out of battery. When I plug it in the charge light comes on for about a second but then turns off again. I have tried the charging ports on both side of the chromebook and have tried multiple plug points.

    Has anyone got any advice? I stopped using my last computer because of the same problem and I don't want this one to be gone after just a few months.

    submitted by /u/fairytaleofnewyorkk
    [link] [comments]

    Can you tell me how I would get my Christmas lights to do a light show with music everytime it's triggered?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:43 PM PST

    I have a tool that will make a light show from any thing it hears. I'm thinking a motion sensor outside and an outdoor speaker next to the music tool. I figured I'd need a motion sensor and some way to make the speaker play one song from a playlist but I'm unsure of specifics. Some advice would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DisneySweetheart
    [link] [comments]

    Subtitle files

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 11:27 AM PST

    How do I hardcode an srt file into an mkv? My laptop doesn't connect to my TV via HDMI (separate issue) so I've been adding my videos to USBs to watch. My issue is I want to watch a Japanese movie (rashomon if interested), and my TV requires the subtitle files to actually be in the video file to play them (I might have terminology wrong here). So I want to make it so either a)my TV will be able to use the subtitle file or b) find a way so the subtitle files are had coded to always play getting my laptop to display on my TV would be good too but Ive tried adjusting display and resolution and nothing seems to work, while the same HDMI connects it to other displays without an issue.

    submitted by /u/PiggyBackBullet
    [link] [comments]

    How to determine Wifi source/physical location?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:51 AM PST

    I live on a 1/3 acre property, and my modem/router is in my living room. I also have a base for a security system that connects via ethernet to my router/modem. Available wifi on my devices shows both of those but also another very strong signal and I don't know its source - its broadcasted SSID is named DIRECT-######## and the signal is stronger than my regular router/modem - mine provides a medium signal, even when I am in the same room. My neighbors shouldn't be close enough for me to get such a strong wifi signal from inside my home, especially since that signal is even stronger than the router/modem in my own living room. How do I find where that signal is coming from? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Fancy-Firefighter-16
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the best service to put VHS tapes into blu-ray or USB format?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:37 PM PST

    Google is giving me a few options. I want to pay a service to do it, I have no interest in buying the equipment and doing it myself.

    What's currently thought to be the "Gold Standard" service for putting old VHS tapes into modern format?

    submitted by /u/recovering_spaz
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to record the audio that I'm listening to with my headphones?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 10:04 AM PST

    I have a pair of Sony XM4's I use for work on a daily basis. I work for a bank and a portion of my day is spent in calls that (for the purpose of taking notes later or revisiting for questions) must be recorded. Usually, I have to set up my phone next to my laptop and record while it plays through my laptop speakers which is super annoying.

    Is it possible to somehow record the sound (from a meeting, for instance) that is playing through a headset? I understand that the mic is recording the output from the laptop, but is there a way to record what is being played on headphones?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TimeValueOfMoney
    [link] [comments]

    Website to trade files?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 12:00 PM PST

    Is there a website that me and a person could use to trade files to each other so it could be an honest trade? Like for example, I put up my file, then he needs to put up his file in order to be able to download mine, and same vice versa. Kinda like how steam trade works, except it's with downloadable files.

    submitted by /u/Auditormadness9
    [link] [comments]

    Neiverhoods and people passing by are connecting to my sound bar, there's anything I can do to stop it from happening?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 03:25 PM PST

    It's becoming regularly, every time around 11pm it start blasting Brazilian music at max volume and randomly at the evening. Now it's turn off truh the cables and knowing I need to wake at 4am was just annoying. It's a LG sound bar SL5R.

    submitted by /u/KingRodriG
    [link] [comments]

    Bypassing Captchas

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    What do you guy recommend for this? I am trying for a very competitive appointment with the Italian consulate, and their booking system uses captchas. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/nationwideisonyours
    [link] [comments]

    Virtual Meeting

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 07:50 AM PST

    The company therapist is moving to another state but staying with us. We're keeping his office and need to set it up so that one of the monitors shows a 24/7(working hours) live feed so that anyone can get access to his services when needed. We also want a webcam set up so that he can see us as well. Is there a free and/or cheap way to set this up. A coworker suggested discord but that sounds like it'd be a hassle, especially if the call dropped.

    submitted by /u/Ok-Physics-1120
    [link] [comments]

    Can Malware steal my cc info without me typing it in?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 01:38 PM PST

    I don't know how to phrase this properly as I'm not a native speaker but basically I want to know if a malware can steal my cc info without me using it after I get the malware.

    submitted by /u/Captainthuta
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to put my smartphone in my pocket if it has a case and glass screen protector on it, and if not where should I keep it when out?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 09:47 AM PST

    Is it safe to put my smartphone in my pocket if it has a case and glass screen protector on it, and if not where should I keep it when out?

    submitted by /u/SilverTrip8845
    [link] [comments]

    QUESTION: How to determine what length LAN cable to get?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 05:50 AM PST

    So I know this might seem like a dumb ass question at first and I'm not even sure if this is the right sub but seems close enough. Trust me I tried googling this several times and all I got was info about how far WiFi travels and what not. So I'm just wondering how I can determine what length LAN cable to buy where it spans from my router downstairs in the living room, to upstairs in my room into my PC. I really don't want the cable to be way longer than it needs to as the longer cables cost more and I dont want to use anymore money than I need to. Thanks in advance:)

    submitted by /u/homies1337
    [link] [comments]

    excluding internal mobile traffic from Google Analytics

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:49 AM PST

    I've been searching for hours on the best way to exclude internal traffic from my website's Google Analytics. I could fix the dynamic IP issue by installing the GA opt-out add on for Chrome, but it doesn't work for mobile - Android. Does anyone know how to exclude traffic from my mobile without using an IP filter? thanks!

    submitted by /u/AnaPsg
    [link] [comments]

    Will this SanDisk work on my Nintendo switch?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:43 AM PST

    Modem/Router for 1 Gig Fiber Internet

    Posted: 11 Dec 2020 04:36 AM PST

    Hello! We just received fiber internet to our home and I want to benefit from the 1 gig up/down speeds as much as possible.

    Would anyone like to offer advice on the modem/router or combination that would work best to maximize our speeds?

    Online gaming, basic streaming, online college degree, kids schooling: just a few things we will use it for.

    1800 square foot house with the entry point for fiber centrally located. Few walls in the house.

    I'm not looking to spend a fortune but the stock router/modem combination that they have us renting doesn't seem to pull the full amount and I know it's less than ideal.

    Any tips and different models that you would recommend for me to consider are appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Booth2010
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment