• Breaking News

    Monday, December 21, 2020

    Tech Support - Are there any messenger programs that don’t spy on you?

    Tech Support - Are there any messenger programs that don’t spy on you?


    Are there any messenger programs that don’t spy on you?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:54 AM PST

    I am a gamer, and most of my friends and I all use Discord, and WhatsApp. For those that don't know, WhatsApp is owned by Facebook.

    I'd like to find a messaging application to replace WhatsApp, that isn't owned by some big megacorp with a history of privacy violations. Is that a pipe dream, or do I actually have some options?

    Also, how is Discord, in terms of spying on you?

    submitted by /u/Tavers2
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting a budget VR set or is it oculus or nothing?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:47 PM PST

    My nephew is 11 years old and all he wants for Christmas is some money for him Steam wallet and a VR set. When chatting with him he mentions the oculus quest but unfortunately we don't have the money to get him one.

    I am totally inexperienced in all aspects of VR and have no idea what would seperate a good set from a bad set and what features they need to be most useful.

    He has a $1000 gaming laptop, I assume you need a computer to link up with VR? And will this be powerful enough?

    Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/alexdenvor
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people in the Falkland Islands occasionally have trouble with Geoblocmed Internet stuff?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 04:07 AM PST

    So I briefly skimmed over an article the other day about how people that live in the Falkland Islands were unable to stream a sporting match of some kind, because they "were not in the United Kingdom"

    However, despite being "self governing" they absolutely are part of the United Kingdom

    Hell, that point even caused a bit of a stir in the early 1980's and it was decided they were part of the United Kingdom.

    I've done a Google search on Geoblocking in the Falkland Islands and the biggest results were basically VPN's that could be used to make the Falklands be part of the UK.

    So why is this a thing? Why is this clearly defined part of the United Kingdom, if you want to call it a Colony go for it, treated as if it's not part of the wider United Kingdom when it clearly is?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Changing our home broadband plan. Is it better to get WiFi Mesh or 1 main router?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 03:19 AM PST

    My current set up uses WiFi Mesh and my first unit is connected to the main router while the other is in my bedroom where the PC is. I connected an ethernet cable to the PC and it works pretty well. Will the speeds be affected if I connect the Ethernet cable directly from the main router or Mesh is sufficient?

    The main problem is that my router is quite far away from the PC so its hard to connect a wire. The new plan comes with an Asus gaming router while the Mesh will use a simple one. Any advice?

    Edit: to be a little clearer, I'm changing to a different provider. The current one is pretty inconsistent with its speeds.

    submitted by /u/swiftsausages72
    [link] [comments]

    Can I ask which phone to buy here?

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 02:16 AM PST

    I don't think it would be appopriate but the name looks like that So asking.

    submitted by /u/aahaareddit
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about smartwatches that are compatible with there own sim cards

    Posted: 21 Dec 2020 01:42 AM PST

    So this smartwatches description says to put a sim card to use features like calling and texting even Facebook and messenger

    Now how does this work? Which sim cards are compatible? Prepaid ones? What plans work? I'm so confused about this. Has anyone done this before and can tell me what works and doesnt for these

    Manufacturer: Hocent

    Release Date : June 27 2019

    picture of description

    submitted by /u/Dylanthedruggie
    [link] [comments]

    Which operating system (OS) is most prone to viruses?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:00 PM PST

    How do I delete imgur pic's?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 08:33 PM PST

    I'm on RIF and I don't have an imgur linked to my app but whenever I upload a pic it does it through imgur. Accidentally doxxed myself on a pic. How do I delete it?

    submitted by /u/lonely-day
    [link] [comments]

    HELLO ALL

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:00 PM PST

    Any ideas on where a non tech savvy person could sell a bunch of certified refurb apple products ? The company I used to work for gave me a bunch of them and they're just sitting in me garage.

    Any ideas are greatly appreciated ty

    submitted by /u/ThenStomach7
    [link] [comments]

    how to remove video background in bangla - how to change green screen video background in bangla

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:16 PM PST

    Why is my internet so slow

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:12 PM PST

    Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it goes. The pc which I use for gaming on the second story of my house, the first floor being the one in which the internet router is situated, has had exceedingly slow internet for some time now and has been significantly impacting my gaming, in addition to other internet-requiring tasks. However, when I use my phone and laptop in the same room, I receive 30-50Mb/s of internet speed, whereas my pc receives three. How can I fix this? I do have a wireless USB adapter. Thank you very much in advance.

    submitted by /u/Su1tyBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any phone keyboards that could work well when lying on my back?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 10:01 PM PST

    I need to write a lot for work, but am also often dragged into watching TV shows and movies by a child who constantly needs company to not get depressed.

    Are there any keyboards out there that can connect to my phone, and work alright in a laying-on-my-back position? I was looking at a split keyboard, perhaps, to have one half on either side of me, but haven't had any luck finding one for phones.

    submitted by /u/ToolboxMotley
    [link] [comments]

    Can a university track/know if a student is using screen recording software to record their online exam?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:10 PM PST

    Retrieval of Deleted Messages on Facebook Messenger

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 05:03 PM PST

    Hello reddit! I know this is a bit off the topic but I was wondering how can i retrieve my deleted messages on facebook messenger? I'm asking this for a friend. Maybe you can help us. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Mission-Wolverine622
    [link] [comments]

    Does this software exist?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 04:41 PM PST

    I manage a courier company and deliver products locally for small businesses. I'd like to integrate with their online POS systems so that when an online order is placed, we are able to see the order information and know when there is a delivery to be picked up. The issue is that our clients use all kinds of POS systems such as Shopify, GoDaddy, Squarespace, etc...Is there a software like this that exists? It would essentially be a software that automatically exports all orders from multiple stores into one platform.

    submitted by /u/cjlu25
    [link] [comments]

    I just got ads for a product I got for Christmas.

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I never searched or even asked for a headlamp and yet I got one for Christmas. The day after I got ads for the exact same brand and model on Youtube. What the hell? This is very creepy to me. Why is it showing me this? Is it because the person who bought it for me searched it on their phone and are connected to the same internet connection? Or is my mother's Google Home Assistant eavesdropping on our family's conversations? I'd like to know.

    submitted by /u/AgitatedJelly
    [link] [comments]

    Why TV's are stuck on the 16:9 aspect ratio?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:50 PM PST

    problem with installing a game via CD ROM

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:44 PM PST

    So i have this game that's originally meant for Windows 7 and I successfully installed it before on Windows 10. It has several parts and every CD ROM adds a part. The game only starts if u have a CD ROM in the computer (I don't know how to express that differently). The game worked before and when I try to open it now it shortly flashes, so you see it for a very short time and then it vanishes. There is an icon on the Desktop you can click so it opens. That doesn't work. I also tried the setup.exe data that you can find in the datamanager directly on the CD ROM but that doesn't work either, unfortunately. I hope someone can help. If this is the wrong subreddit pls tell me were else I can find help. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Flowercat18
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know of a hotspot device that allows for sims bonding on the go?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 09:39 AM PST

    So where i live we pretty much have no internet options so we use sim hotspots currently we have 4 unlimited ones from att and each has a download speed of 10 and an upload of like 20, I was wondering however if there was a hotspot device that would allow for me to put all 4 sims in a single device to maybe get 40 down instead of the separate 10 when we want to do movie nights and watch a movie in 4k... if anyone has help with this that would be great.

    Edit: this is for my uncle he is using my account since he dosent have one.

    submitted by /u/Anon4School
    [link] [comments]

    Android battery conditional rules app

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:47 AM PST

    Is there an app which will allow me to set conditional rules for battery charging?

    For an example. I want to my tablet in the car and put the charger in it. I don't want it to drain car battery over the night. My car has all power outlets turned on by the default, even with ignition key out of the car.

    So I would like to set some rules for charging. If battery is less then 10% charge it to 100% and then allow charging if battery level is less then 10%.

    Any app for that?

    submitted by /u/daxsm
    [link] [comments]

    HP Laptop help

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 03:25 PM PST

    So I tried to get onto chrome, and whenever I type on some keys weird stuff happens, like the zero key types " '0 " and the 3 key brings up the different viewing options where I can choose if the screen is on the laptop or a different screen, and the backspace key brings up the most recent searches for whatever is in the search bar. It does this on anything not just chrome

    submitted by /u/Garytherockk
    [link] [comments]

    New Macbook, what port do I need to buy?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 02:05 PM PST

    Hi! This is my first time posting in this sub. I recently purchased the new Macbook Pro with M1 chip. I have a UR55 28" samsung monitor that I'd like to connect to the Macbook. I'm looking for a port that can plug into the thunderbolt port on my computer, as well as connect to the external monitor via HDMI . My question is this: Will a port like this be able to charge my macbook at the same time? Is there a port out there that will charge my macbook and connect to my external monitor all in one cable? I want to sit down, plug in one cable to my macbook, and have it all work.

    This is what I'm looking at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WPTG7NX/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A3DJTZRS1C5A82&psc=1

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Maxipad13
    [link] [comments]

    How do you connect a steelseries nimbus controller to Windows laptop and play games like csgo?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Is using headphones as a radio antenna safe?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Hello, reddit! I made an account just so I can ask this question.

    Is using headphones as an FM/DAB+ antenna safe? I noticed a lot of small handheld receivers using headphones as an antenna and I'm wondering about any effects this might have on radiation exposure (is it better to use receivers with a dedicated antenna, safety-wise?).

    Serious question. I'm not one of those tin-foiled hat people; I legitimately cannot find good info on this topic. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Ok_Employee674
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment