• Breaking News

    Friday, January 31, 2020

    Tech Support - 125V vs 125VAC What's the difference?

    Tech Support - 125V vs 125VAC What's the difference?


    125V vs 125VAC What's the difference?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 10:10 PM PST

    I have a power strip that has 125VAC labeled on it, is it safe to use for plugging a tv and console, or even a computer the same way it can be done with a 125V power strip?

    submitted by /u/rarepepegate
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know a brand where I can find some good rechargeable AA batteries with long charge for a controller?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 01:11 AM PST

    3-D / Hologram projection

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:19 AM PST

    Is there anything out there that can project a 3-D CAD drawing as a hologram? We would like to project a drawing of certain steel structures in 1:1 scale, for training and quality purposes.

    Cost is not too much of an issue here as long as it is not ridiculous, quality is more of a concern.

    The structures will be no more than 3x2m.

    submitted by /u/benh2
    [link] [comments]

    Selling portable oxygen tank and masks

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 11:19 AM PST

    With the current hysteria in China and Europe and parts of the Americas, is now a good time to start selling portable oxygen tanks and masks?

    What kind of features do folks look for when shopping for portable oxygen tanks and masks?

    submitted by /u/AnakinWayneII
    [link] [comments]

    Confusion on suitable bulbs

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 12:11 AM PST

    Hi,

    It's my first time living in the EU and the labeling of the electrical appliances confuses me. The lamp which I had purchased does not state it's rated power, only the class of bulbs which it is compatible with. Does this mean that I could install ANY bulb regardless of power consumption onto the lamp as long as it is in the same energy efficiency group? The lamp which I had purchased does come with an LED bulb rated at 5w.

    submitted by /u/Einsamjager
    [link] [comments]

    Superfast 4G Internet >150Mbps

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:52 PM PST

    I recently switched my internet service from a service called Optus Mobile Broadband to a new one called Optus Wireless Broadband. I got a new modem and SIM with more monthly data for only a few bucks more per month. What has astonished me is that my download speeds have jumped 35Mbps to ~150Mbps on average. Same modem location and the company tell me I'm using the same tower. How are these much higher speeds even possible?

    submitted by /u/Smair101
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, time sensitive question, buying printer ink (hope this is the sub to be using?)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Hey, if anyone has a suggestion for a better sub to post this in, please let me know

    I have an HP Deskjet F4140 (all in one just in case that's relevant at all)

    I usually buy the HP ink, it's 21 and 22 (I think 21 is black and 22 is the color)

    I'm hoping to find less expensive ink cartridges that will work with my printer, as I am poor - preferably ones I can purchase at a store (if that's even a thing, I did see some online)

    Reason being, job interview tomorrow, putting together a simple portfolio thingy, and my printer is out

    I'm going to go run my errands shortly, so I figured I'd give reddit a shot

    If I can't afford ink, I was thinking just printing at a store - hopefully one that has different paper options - but I honestly don't know if that would even save any money

    Sooooooooooooooo, any and all help appreciated - although bonus points for speedy replies =)

    submitted by /u/samshabam
    [link] [comments]

    Blast from the past: Mitac Mio Digiwalker 180

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 07:21 PM PST

    Hi,I've been recently obsessed with an old pocket pc I used in the past.I'm trying to understand how can I get it to browse the internet.

    the device is Mitac Mio Digiwalker 180, and it doesn't have a wireless access.it runs Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and everything is perfect with it even after all those years.except...the connection to the internet.

    I don't even remember how I used to connect it to the network in back then, in the pre-smartphones era.

    I suspect I need to use Microsoft Active Sync but, I downloaded the latest version from here but it won't install since I have Windows 10 on my desktop.on wikipediaI read that it was replaced by Windows Mobile Device center, but tried that too and wasn't able get it on. it just got stuck on the logo saying "please wait while Windows Mobile Device Center starts".

    Any ideas?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/DarDason
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Google Extension that Filters Google Search Keywords

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:37 PM PST

    I'm looking for something like the Larry Filter (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/larry-filter-for-twitter/ifgdeokhnfkbgdocafpokgdnnfbnbbok?hl=en) but for Google.

    For example, let's say I do not want to see any results for the search term "minced bread". This extension would prevent me from being able to get any results for searching up that word.

    submitted by /u/RaygunMan99
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new msi gf63 thin spontaneously dies

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 08:50 AM PST

    I got the PC on Monday, and I've got it running popOs 19.10 But that's irrelevant because this should be a hardware issue. I was playing a round of DotA 2, I was at 100% so I didn't plug in, and 5 minutes pass then the laptop shuts down. Absolutely nothing. Battery at 0%. I'm on a stable kernel and it's a brand new machine. Did I get a lemon? Or is it something I'm not seeing that is causing the power drain? This had happened two days in a row now and I'm worried.

    submitted by /u/_thrashpotato
    [link] [comments]

    Notification from Windows System Restore is off.

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 12:33 PM PST

    I discovered this in the strangest way. I was doing a remote takeover on a PC. I opened the menu, typed in system restore but it opened on my local PC instead of the remote. That's how I discovered my system restore was turned off.

    Is there someway I can be notified if this happens again?

    submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to cover a wifi blackspot (Ireland)

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Hi,

    I have recently moved into a standard 3 bed 1990's semi detached home in Ireland. I signed up with Sky broadband and they have installed a router right in the front corner of my ground floor. This has caused the back half of the 1st floor to get no signal. From the 3 options below, which would you recommend? I will only need it to be strong enough for netflix/spotify in the current black spots:

    1. Buy a cable and physically move the router from the current location, GF, front, next to the external wall, to the centre of the ground floor.
    2. Upgrade the router (currently using the basic one Sky provides)
    3. Get a plug in wifi extender.

    I'm useless at this stuff, so thanks for the help and apologies for the newb question. If I have left out any pertinent information then I can try to add stuff if requested.

    submitted by /u/richatkinson9
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to copy someones Android update and put it on my SD?

    Posted: 30 Jan 2020 05:39 AM PST

    I have a Nokia 6 but accidentily updated it without wifi. At first, it just updated as normal, but after a while there was this 'download mode' on screen and it didn't do anything. I put it om my charger and after 3 days i went looking for answers. At first, i found the 'Android recovery mode' and tried to put it in factory settings. After that, i tried to reboot it but it just went straight to download mode. I literally tried every option but it just kept saying: 'failed to find device for partition system'. I saw no other option that could be usefull but update it from a SD card. I can't find anything about how that works so i hoped you guys could help me out. You are my last hope.

    submitted by /u/Dinandt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment