• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 29, 2020

    Tech Support - If my PC is currently using 84.3w of power, does that mean 40h week = 3.3kwh usage?

    Tech Support - If my PC is currently using 84.3w of power, does that mean 40h week = 3.3kwh usage?


    If my PC is currently using 84.3w of power, does that mean 40h week = 3.3kwh usage?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I bought a power meter, and im not sure if im reading it right.

    I plugged it in and it says 84.3w are being used.

    Have I done my math correctly?

    submitted by /u/LucasWoolf
    [link] [comments]

    Recently bought a tri-band router. I have a 2.4Ghz band, and two 5ghz bands. However, the two 5ghz bands are under the same SSID. Should I separate the two 5ghz bands into two separate SSIDs for better performance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Here is an image that better represents what I am talking about https://imgur.com/a/3sIKhKf.

    With this new router, my download speed has been great and my ping has been low, according to speed tests. However on both the 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDS, i constantly get very short ping spikes that only last about a second. This is a huge issue for me gaming as my ping will always be 30, but constantly jump to 150 every 20 seconds or so. Will separating the 5ghz bands into two separate SSIDs help with this issue? I never this issue with my old router, even with multiple people streaming videos all day. I'm wondering if these ping spikes are from interference with the two 5ghz bands being in the same SSID, but then again I know very little about this stuff.

    This is the router I have if it helps https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071DKY952/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    submitted by /u/alldayswole
    [link] [comments]

    Royalty-free or open-source wallpaper, banner art for 'technology'?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Where can I find wallpaper or banner art for 'technology', e.g., for linked-in profiles. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/physixer
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Question - Cable Modem to Switch to Wireless Router/Ethernet Devices?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    So the way my setup is with our new Cable Internet, our Modem is in the basement with my PC and gaming consoles which all need to be hardwired. The Wireless Router is upstairs in the Living Room BUT, we have ONE Ethernet Cable running through the floor to the basement.

    I know ideally you'd run the Modem to the Router then the Router to everything else. That would require a 2nd Ethernet cable through my floor. So my question is, can I just get a Managed Switch and go Modem to the Switch, and then Switch to everything else? So Switch to Wireless Router for Wireless Internet, and also Switch to my PC and Gaming Consoles for a hardwired connection?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JSkeleton
    [link] [comments]

    Kgb listening post

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Hello there I have seen a WiFi network pop up in my settings called kgb listing post and by my research its a soviet listening post can anyone help me with what I do. This is UK btw

    submitted by /u/__William____
    [link] [comments]

    Very high download speeds and upload speeds but high ping in games?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Hi I get around 700 download and 500u upload, but get really high ping in games like overwatch and valorant? Theres no buffer or anything when watching streams and theres no lag or disconnections from discord. Not too sure whats happening with my ISP?

    submitted by /u/ceewarz
    [link] [comments]

    LG Full Wide, Original, & Full Scan?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 11:43 PM PDT

    There's 3 picture options in my LG monitors settings, Full Wide, Original, & Full Scan

    It's default on Full Scan. Full Scan says "Watch content across the full screen", Original says "Watch content in original aspect ratio", and Just Scan says "Watch content in original resolution".

    I can't find anything online in regards to monitors and these specific 3 but for LG tvs apparently if they're not on just scan 1-2% of the screen won't show

    Which setting is best? Just scan? I don't want their to be a pixel thick black bar that it doesn't fill or anything but why would there be on a PC. I want to utilize every single pixel on the screen, no enlargening and no shrinking. I despise overscan

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    How much does the resolution of the monitor impact the CPU and GPU performance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I bought a new computer because Lightroom and Photoshop were just too much for my old machine (they would freeze and become unresponsive for 20 seconds at a time). I now have the option of upgrading my 2K monitor to a 4K one, but will that slow my CPU and GPU down since there's more data to process?

    My CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT 6-core 3.79 GHz

    My GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2070 8 GB

    submitted by /u/timeforhockey
    [link] [comments]

    How much electricity is being wasted by having the morning sun coming thru the window hit the door of my dark-gray refrigerator?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    I know there are tons of variables that may be involved; I guess what I'm trying to ask is if it's really just a negligible impact in my power bill, or if it should have an effect, and if it does, what do I need to take in consideration to calculate an approximate estimation? Does the shade of gray matter much, or just being being described as "dark-gray" it already gives a good enough ballpark? Would there be a way I could get the exact grayness value using my cellphone and/or some sort of home-made cheap DiY setup?

    Would it be worth covering most of the door with aluminum foil to bounce most of the heat elsewhere into the kitchen? Or would that actually impair the dissipation of the refrigerator's own heat, having the opposite effect in the electricity bill?

    submitted by /u/TiagoTiagoT
    [link] [comments]

    What volume should I have these devices on?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    So I got a new 4K monitor, and a 3 piece sound system plugged into it

    So now I have Windows Volume, my monitor's volume setting (both go up to 100), and my speakers volume which has a knob labeled "Volume" and one labeled "Bass" since I have a subwoofer.

    Currently I have windows on 100%, my monitor on 40%, and my volume up a bit and my base half of that.

    IM SO confused. Should monitor volume be up all the way too since my speaker system already has volume settings? But it's connected through the headphone jack and whenever you turn it all the way up on your phone like that it always sounds like it's shredding it to pieces, I don't really know how electricity helps

    Some advice on the perfect ratio to do would be nice. I assume it's 100% windows, 100% monitor, and then whatever I feel like on the speakers and I'm just being paranoid but I genuinely don't have a clue

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to implement an Eye tracking upscaling/downscaling technology for gaming laptops?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Seeing that you can't really focus on all of the screen at once, would it be more efficient (gpu wise) to use eye tracking to downscale areas of the screen that are out of focus (OOF)? An example would be if you are using a laptop with a 4k display it will downscale the areas OOF to maybe 1080p.

    submitted by /u/Truesmas
    [link] [comments]

    How to make USB wired headphones work on the PS3?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I have really good 150 dollar headphones, Hyper X Revolver. The headphones end in a standard headphone jack, that then plugs into an amp (basically the master volume control) with a USB connection that plugs into the console or computer you want to use them with. PS4 and Switch are compatible. But I also have a PS3, and I want to use the headphones for it too, and the PS3 ISN'T compatible. It is incapable of outputting audio through the USB ports. I figure I need to buy some third party amp, either a headphone jack or USB one, but I am unsure.

    Anyone know a clever method or device that can get these USB headphones to work on a console that doesn't output through USB? Hopefully something in the 20 or 30 dollar range?

    submitted by /u/andys3rdattempt
    [link] [comments]

    Ai communication

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Imma be honest this a question from my school assignment and I really struggling maybe someone can help me?

    3.1 Minimum ONE (1) A4 page clearly describing whether it is a wired or wireless technology

    The technology logy is AI but is it considered wired or wireless you can also go into the components as well and if they talk to each other wired or wirelessly etc. Thanks

    submitted by /u/MusicianRepulsive
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor questions

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    I got a new LG HDR 4k Freesync monitor, I have a few questions

    1 ) My AMD settings already says it's at '10bpc'. I still have to enable it in windows settings right?

    After enabling it in Windows my monitor switches to HDR, locks brightness at 100 and contrast at 70 setting the theme to "Vivid"

    2 ) I'm confused at this because I've always been told that 50% contrast, 50% brightness, and 6500k colour temperature always gave the most accurate colour results/the most possible colours, why would they intentionally change this when HDR is meant to give more colours anyways. Should I manually change everything back to 50% to get the most out of watching movies etc or should I keep it as it's defaults?

    3 ) Should I enable freesync? I heard it makes a variable refresh rate which I'm not really interested in, I want the max refresh rate at all possible times but I heard it can even up the refresh rate from 60 to 75 when it's usually locked at 60 like mine is.

    4 ) I already have AMD Radeon Graphics installed, do I still have to install LG's monitor drivers or no, it came with a CD, currently said 'Generic PNP Monitor' in device manager, would it be a good idea to install the drivers?

    My monitor model is the 27UL600, LG IPS 4K HDR Freesync 27"

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    [Facemasks]: Is there a website/app which will analyse a photo of a crowd of people to estimate the % wearing a facemask?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    What is the danger of a simple wifi password?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    Got my new router delivered from my ISP the other day and they require a 10 character password for the wifi with upper and lower case letters and numbers.

    What would be the harm of having a wifi password of tttttttt or something similar so it was easy to put in when adding all of my devices?

    submitted by /u/RRebo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment