• Breaking News

    Friday, October 30, 2020

    Tech Support - Why is Qualcomm able to hit 5nm but Intel is stuck on 14nm and amd is still pushing 7nm?

    Tech Support - Why is Qualcomm able to hit 5nm but Intel is stuck on 14nm and amd is still pushing 7nm?


    Why is Qualcomm able to hit 5nm but Intel is stuck on 14nm and amd is still pushing 7nm?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    Foolproof tech for elderly parent for video calls? We're really struggling.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    My 78 year-old father is sequestered away in his assisted living center, and it is very hard for anyone to visit given the current restrictions.

    I set him up with an old iPad with Zoom installed. Nevertheless, this has not worked. He can't find it. It's not charged. He can't unlock it. He doesn't know where the Zoom icon is. He can't connect to a call. Facetime is a little easier, but some of the same problems persist. Prior to this, we tried with a cell phone, but he couldn't manage that either.

    What would be much easier? I was thinking about an 8" Echo Show. This would stay plugged in. We could "call" into it, and all he would do is have to answer with his voice, right?

    Assuming we can get up to his place and set the thing up, what would be the very best solution to being able to have daily video calls with my dad?

    If there is another subreddit to cross-post to, please let me know. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/volcs0
    [link] [comments]

    best "SDR Content Appearence"

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    So I enabled HDR and now in colour settings there's a "SDR Content Aparence" bar

    I didn't realize it'd change the whole screen so now I moved it and I forgot the default value and there's no reset button

    What's the best value for this?

    Also whenever I drag it and drop it to a certain value lets say 50 it'll go 1 to the left and go down to 49 for no reason

    Currently I set it to 41 (so it'd drop down to 40)

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Does software exist that monitors the users habits and adapts to the way they use the UI?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    Whatever happened to Google's Project Loon balloon wireless internet program, and why do we need SpaceX's Starlink Satellite internet program if Google previously said they could do it with just balloons?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Several years back there was a project announced called Google Loon that promised to deliver wifi to remote areas of the world using balloons. What ever happened to this project? Did it not get implemented? Furthermore, why do we need satellites to give universal internet coverage at $99 a month when Google claimed to be able to do it for free using only balloons. What happened to the technology?

    submitted by /u/jameslieb1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the cheapest tablet that’ll let me browse the web and play YouTube?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I am looking for something I can put on the tray of an elliptical so that I can watch videos while I work out. I would use my phone but the screen is just too small. Any suggestions for the cheapest route to a decently-sized tablet?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/mikes2123
    [link] [comments]

    Which ecosystem should I buy into?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    I want to start afresh with my technology, and focus on one company and buy all my tech from them as I love the idea of being streamlined and efficient. I'm mainly looking at Apple and google. I am a student with a part time job so my technology needs to be affordable but also relatively new, as I want longevity out of it. I'm talking phones, watches, tablets, computers and smart home devices which I will slowly purchase over the coming months or years. It seems that Apple is the premium option but is very expensive, and google is cheaper but lacks some features, such as the full version of Microsoft word which means I can't reference properly for school. I mainly use my phone for social ad computer for Microsoft teams and light gaming (I mainly use google stadia at the moment). Any guidance welcome!

    submitted by /u/TheUnionVine
    [link] [comments]

    does 2 speakers and a subwoofer quality as surround sound

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 05:28 PM PDT

    so i have a logitech 3 piece speaker set up, 2 normal speakers and 1 subwoofer, very nice sound got it for 130$

    i googled and it said "3 speakers or more is surround sound", subwoofer is " a loudspeaker component designed to reproduce very low bass frequencies. " so it counts

    should I have my setup on stereo or surround? Very confused, without drivers installed when I hit additional properties in sound settings nothing regarding surround sound seems to be present other than 'Virtual Surround Sound', when I hit configure in OG control panel sound settings only 'Stereo' is present

    however when I install realtek drivers a few more enhancements are available (still nothing in regards to Real Surround Sound, just Virtual Surround Sound, does real surround sound not exist?), and then when I hit configure in sound settings boom 5.1 surround sound is listed, I can choose it, and then uncheck the middle speaker and sattelight speakers as I only have Left, Right, and my Subwoofer in the middle. (then it asks if my sattelight speakers are full range or half range, i just leave on full range since it's grayed out anyways since I disabled it)

    again then I open the normal additional properties window, I don't see anything like "virtual surround sound" in effects enabled, I don't see anything in regards to whether it's on 5.1 mode, stereo mode, etc, just that it's on 96khz as the sound quality

    How do I properly set up these speakers and what settings should I use? Is it classified as "surround sound" as there's technically 3 speakers? Do I even need the realtek drivers (my motherboard uses realtek card)? Been at this all day any help would be appreciated, don't want these on the wrong settings

    submitted by /u/xTynini
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Intel Celeron N4020 being sold together with Windows 10 when performance is bad?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    What are these PCs for and who buys them since they get so much bad rep?

    submitted by /u/VirtualEffort8
    [link] [comments]

    IOS 14 encrypted DNS trafficking

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    Is my search history being recorded? What does DNS mean?

    submitted by /u/TransportationHot205
    [link] [comments]

    Best monitor mount

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm looking to purchase a monitor mount - want to start with dual to start, but I'd like one where I can expand to add 2 more if possible in the future.

    would you guys be able to recommend any? I'd honestly prefer recommendations on ones that are not expandable and ones that are, but I would like minimum 2 monitors. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hellominmax
    [link] [comments]

    My gigabit connection goes back to 100mb and I only randomly get those 1G speeds again.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Have been able to get the 1G speeds using whatever setting I could find on google. I'm stumped since i was just at those speeds yesterday, now I'm back to 100mb. Any help would do. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheRookieGetsACookie
    [link] [comments]

    can you backup Brave Browser extensions when moving to new windows PC?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Ive copied the BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/ folder in appdata but it doesn't backup my installed extensions, is this normal? Does copying this folder carry over all your extensions for you ?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    when printing something wirelessly does your document get sent to a server online somewhere?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    ? I have a canon printer which I use wirelessly (my PC and printer are connected to same network) but ive read that your printer connects to an online service (provided by the maker) when printing wirelessly, Which means your print jobs go through their servers – does this mean they can see what your printing?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Can you connect any headsets to a ps2?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Do any of you know if I can just plug any USB headsets into the ps2?. I see that the ps2 has a USB port on the front but I am not sure if modern headphones can be used with the ps2. At the moment I have a Logitech pro x. I do not want to try anything until I know for sure. If any of you guys know please let me know.

    submitted by /u/elchapobutinwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Flushing Connected Wifi Devices With Exceptions?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to flush all connected wifi devices with exceptions from a network. There are many passing devices connected for testing and they stay connected after. Some devices are vital and must always be connected. So essentially, I am wondering if there is any program/setting/etc to keep the essential devices connected while also disconnecting every other device. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DaShiny
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment