• Breaking News

    Monday, December 2, 2019

    Tech Support - Why do printers still suck ass, it's almost 2020?

    Tech Support - Why do printers still suck ass, it's almost 2020?


    Why do printers still suck ass, it's almost 2020?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:09 PM PST

    I've never encountered a printer that just worked. Something is always causing it not to print.

    submitted by /u/itzskakk
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions on how to cancel heavy noises from workplace while on a voice call.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:31 AM PST

    Hello tech guys,

    I work in a factory and some of our machines make lot of noises, we seek to establish a voice communication among administrators via some sort of a phone app (you may suggest me some good apps for conference/group like calls as well).

    We tried WhatsApp and Discord with regular headphones, WhatsApp was a mess while discord showed some sound clarity plus the push to talk option seems handy. So with this test I'm thinking we need better microphones to capture more voice and less background noises, I searched in Google and found those fussy mics which is said they cancel wind noises so any other mics that can mitigate background noises in a work place? Thank you

    submitted by /u/aymenreddit
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking for a portable back up power supply for my laptop. Does such a thing exist?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:59 AM PST

    I work online and planning on traveling soon, potentially to places with frequent power cuts. I'm finding it really difficult to find a power bank which is compatible with my laptop. I know they exist for Macs, but the biggest tech store in town can't help me. I'm sure I can order one online but I'm also not entirely sure what I should be looking for. Is there anyone here who thinks they could help? I'll post the relevant specifications - when I know what specifications are relevant. Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/VIOLENT_SEXUAL_ACT
    [link] [comments]

    Let's say I was going to backpack around South America and I don't want to bring my expensive smartphone or laptop with me. Should I get a cheap rugged smartphone with me? Should I bring a cheap dumb-phone and a rugged cheap camera with me? Give me your suggestions.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    What advice would you give to a person, at whatever age, getting ready to sign-up for their first email address ever?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:12 PM PST

    Is there such a thing as an antenna for phone usage?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:41 PM PST

    So, I live next to a mountain currently. Only one service provider gets service here, as, to my knowledge, the tower on the mountain belongs to them. However, the reception is still pretty poor, and I was wondering if I could use an omnidirectional antenna to get better service with the tower? The catch is that my WiFi purely comes from a hotspot on my iphone. Is there such a thing as an antenna you can plug into your iphone for this purpose?

    Thanks!

    EDIT: It's worth mentioning I am about 2km from the tower as the crow flies

    submitted by /u/JealousAfternoon
    [link] [comments]

    My friend gave me a laptop recently. All I need is a SSD, but I have no idea which one I should buy.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:06 PM PST

    As the title states, I'm needing to purchase a SSD for the laptop my friend gave me, a Lenovo X1 Carbon (Gen 2). I've done some research on my own, but it's a hit a point where I need advice on a solid SSD purchase.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/DundahMifflin
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I open Ibooks my phone tries to redownload old apps, how do I fix this?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:56 PM PST

    Is there a way to interact with another person on a program where you can see/hear each other and draw on a shared board together?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 06:15 AM PST

    There is an app called wyzant where tutors do this but I want to know if I can do this with my friends. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MattPilkerson
    [link] [comments]

    Will using this USB hub slow the transfer speeds for my external hard drive?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 02:30 PM PST

    My external hard drive only has one USB port, but I'd like to connect it to both my computer and my TV at the same time. If I used this usb hub and kept all switches on, would the transfer speeds be lower? If so, would it still be lower if I turned off the switch connecting my TV?

    submitted by /u/Hitaku
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a website that has in-depth specs and info on tv's from all brands/price points and a good way to compare them.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 04:57 PM PST

    Like the title says. I've looked at best buy, walmart, etc., but sometimes those sites don't tell me everything I'm looking for and it doesnt really put them all side by side. I like charts. Anyone know of any good TV info sites?

    submitted by /u/vapecalibur
    [link] [comments]

    MP3 Player Won't Sync with Computers

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 02:26 PM PST

    So I recently purchased an AKAMATE REDDOT MP3 Player and have tried plugging it into two different laptops, both of them PCs. In both instances, the MP3 player recognized that it had been plugged into a device and was able to charge its battery, but I was unable to sync the device with either laptop and move music onto the device, as neither laptop recognized that an MP3 player had been plugged in.

    Has anyone had a similar problem before? What else can I try to sync them?

    submitted by /u/Sergeant_Static
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to record a video audition on a tight budget, any suggestions?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:39 PM PST

    I'm recording a piano audition for a music program and I need to get a video of me playing with decent audio quality. Any suggestions for products that would fit this need? My budget is basically up to $140. I've looked at a few things like the zoom q2n or this bundle on amazon with a mic and phone tripod.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/wslmllr
    [link] [comments]

    How exactly does PowerLAN work?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    I've been battling with very slow internet on my laptop for the last few weeks. My family and our neighbors have the same WLAN since there are no LAN cables in our house. Since there are up to 10 devices connected to the WLAN, I can't really browse or play games sometimes. My question is: I've heard of connecting to LAN through the current circuit, but would it still work if the two houses have two different circuits and how should I do it?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/bagjumper
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best earbuds?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 09:23 AM PST

    Recently my earbuds I've been using for the past few years broke and I am looking to buy a new pair. I don't know too much about earbuds brands and quality, but I am looking for a pair that will last a long time (at least 2 years), have good clarity, and are comfortable to have in ears and will not fall out. I do not care if they are wired or wireless. I would prefer them to be under a $150. Any reccomendations will be help helpful.

    submitted by /u/mjb0501
    [link] [comments]

    How can I make my laptop work with my monitor?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:49 AM PST

    My laptop doesn't show when I connect it to the monitor. I just can't figure it out. Here's the original thread.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/dw04f9/i_cant_connect_my_laptop_to_this_monitor/

    Thank you for your help.

    And yes:

    • I tried different HDMI and DVI cables
    • I tried toggling the display source on the monitor
    • I tried toggling the display mode from the laptop (Duplicate, Show only on second screen, etc.)
    • I checked that the monitor was working fine with other computers and yes it does.
    • I checked that the laptop was working fine with other monitors and projectors and yes it does.
    • my graphic drivers are already the latest update.
    submitted by /u/chocoboy3
    [link] [comments]

    Question for getting best Wireless signal in my apartment which shares a network with other units?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    I will be moving into a small building with 4 units which all share one wifi network, obviously not ideal, but its included in rent. My unit has one ethernet wall port and gets decent up/down signal via wifi (25-30/6) in each room but I am hoping to get a little more. I was thinking of getting a wireless adapter to place in AP mode in order to get a better more consistent signal in my unit, is this possible and/or the best route to take or is there an alternative which may produce better speeds?

    submitted by /u/MarcusB4588
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my PC make a buzzing noise then restart?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 10:51 AM PST

    Title pretty much says it all, but lately I'll be using my PC for youtube/ Disney+ / Netflix when suddenly it'll freeze, make a buzzing noise and then restart.

    Sometimes I can use it for long periods of time and it doesnt happen, but if it does happen once, generally itll happen again after about 20 minutes of use.

    Any ideas what could be wrong?

    I bought it from someone secondhand, and it worked for about 3 months before this started. I also have Norton antivirus and it detects nothing

    submitted by /u/CastingPouch
    [link] [comments]

    SmartTV's applications , and 4k

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 08:10 AM PST

    I work at a local version of best buy , and the tv's have 1080p video running , i was wondering if there is an app where i could display 4k video, like movie trailers or whatever.

    submitted by /u/ImRickyBalboa
    [link] [comments]

    How can I listen to YouTube videos with the screen off without Youtube Premium on iOS?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:58 AM PST

    I cancelled my YouTube premium because I just don't feel comfortable giving youtube money anymore. I still want to listen to music with my screen off though, to save battery life. Is there any way I can do that?

    submitted by /u/RoseAirashii
    [link] [comments]

    SmartCast Vizio TV isn't pairing on my complex's Optix WiFi

    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 07:41 AM PST

    Just bought a new TV and tried pairing that with my phone/laptop and both said that "no devices found". I was trying all sorts of stuff, reset the TV to factory settings, but when I tried connecting TV to my phone's internet - it worked. Before all of my devices were connected to my apartment complex WiFi "Optix," and I don't have access to the router. Is there something I can do to make SmartCast work on my apartment complex's WiFi?

    submitted by /u/Andreyrouk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment