• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Tech Support - Are my posts really ‘Anonymous’ on Reddit?

    Tech Support - Are my posts really ‘Anonymous’ on Reddit?


    Are my posts really ‘Anonymous’ on Reddit?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    I've recently found myself interested in internet privacy, security, and the like. Are any of my posts truthfully private and secure on Reddit? Theoretically, if I decided to have a conversation about something with a "throw away" account like the one I'm using now, could the location and IP address be tracked through Reddit? If so, how do people communicate entirely anonymously online?

    submitted by /u/anonaccount3666
    [link] [comments]

    Mic issues using Zoom

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Hello! I started a new job recently, and I was issued a brand new Dell Latitude 7410. I work mostly remotely, so I use Zoom a lot. Well, roughly 20% of the time that I enter a meeting, my mic seems to not be working. Everything looks good on my end (I'm not a Zoom noob forgetting to turn on my mic), but nobody can hear me. If I close out the meeting and re-enter, everything is fine. However, for a variety of reasons, this is incredibly inconvenient (and sometimes not an option at all).

    Due to the shutdown, it's very difficult to receive tech support. I did get help with it once, and some drivers were uninstalled and reinstalled. However, since this is an issue that only comes up occasionally, he was duped by a couple of successful trials and sent me away. Of course, the problem re-emerged shortly after.

    Any idea what the issue could be? I believe it also happed once in a Google Hangouts meeting.

    submitted by /u/iscurred
    [link] [comments]

    appzilla.vip

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Does anybody here know anything about appzilla.vip? I wanted to download Cash App ++ to get some extra money, but the list of apps I have to download keeps changing, and some apps still show even if I did complete the task. Does anyone know if it's a scam? When I Googled it, I didn't find much info about it.

    submitted by /u/MIStorybook
    [link] [comments]

    How long should my LED strip last on a portable charger?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Hello everyone I have a 2600 mAh portable charger and I was wondering how long roughly it would last on my LED strip, I will not be using white more than likely just a cycle through the colours, the LED strip is from wish so I don't expect to much power from it and its about 1M maybe under that.

    If anyone could help that would be wicked i've got a rave coming up and hoping I can have it going on both the first and second night since I wont be able to charge it at any point

    Thankyou all

    submitted by /u/NikePolos
    [link] [comments]

    Best long-term option for storing documents and photos from an old computer?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    We've got an old family computer that has LOADS of photos and documents. We're buying a new computer and we don't plan on transferring anything onto the new computer, but we'd atleast like to have everything stored somewhere so that we could access anything if needed.

    I want to weigh out the costs of my options as well as how secure they are (NOT losing anything!) I'm not all that techy but I know of the existence of flash drives, external hard drives, and cloud-based storage.. I'd prefer something that can be forgotten about for 10 years but still hold all the documents and photos...

    Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/weebdestroyer100
    [link] [comments]

    Is this port for Ethernet or telephone?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/eqJF4Rv.jpg

    Recently moved into a new home and I'm getting fiber installed in about a month. I'm curious as to whether or not this is an Ethernet port or not? There's a few ports with 8 golden pins like the one in the photo in the house, while other ports in the home only have 4 pins and look more like This. If the house is wired with Ethernet, shouldn't there be a switch somewhere too?

    submitted by /u/King_Barrion
    [link] [comments]

    Is game incompatibility with Macs extremely prevalent?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    My girlfriend wants a Mac so she can sit down stairs and play games on it. My concern was that not too long ago it seemed like 50/50 odds on whether a game actually worked on Mac. Is this still a thing or are they more or less even with Windows at this point?

    submitted by /u/Frankplane
    [link] [comments]

    Can I recover recently deleted iMessages from an iPhone without an iCloud backup?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    When my SO updated her phone to iOS 14 (last week I think), it changed her message retention settings to 1 year from forever and promptly deleted some old messages that are very important to her. She did not have her messages set to backup with iCloud, so we can't recover them that way. They're more or less all sent through wifi so her cell provider wouldn't have a backup, and most of them are about 2 years old anyway. Is there anything I can do for her?

    submitted by /u/MurderOfCows
    [link] [comments]

    Add Author/Revised By

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    How may I add an author or revised by to a document or pdf that I create?
    I would like to add an author's name to the "info" of the document/pdf, but not necessarily written in the document...

    submitted by /u/gamyjay
    [link] [comments]

    smart tv not so smart

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    i have a vizio smart tv with no ethernet port but there's a usb port. bought an ethernet and usb adapter to use for the tv but it won't connect, any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Either-Wall38
    [link] [comments]

    Need help trying to detect a song and turn on a powerstrip

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    Apologies if this is the wrong sub. TL;DR at the end

    We live on the busy main street of our neighborhood and COVID has hit the businesses pretty hard. In fact of the 9 shops on our block, it looks like only one is going to survive to the end of the year. Most of them are boarded up because we're only a few blocks from where the protests usually gather, but the one that just went out of business below us hasn't been yet, and our building owner told us we can decorate it for the holidays!

    Why I'm here: the landlord told me I can't have lights and a train running all the time, and while it would be easy enough to set up a timer, I had this merry idea that's very far beyond my abilities: Wouldn't it be fun if singing a Christmas carol turned on all the lights and decorations?

    I have no idea if that's possible or how to accomplish it but I figured maybe someone here could help. I just love the idea of hearing carolers and having something fun for the neighborhood that's powered by cheer when there's so little of it around lately.

    If you have any ideas on how to accomplish the technological side of this I would really appreciate it. I'm a capable woodworker and my neighbor is great with electrical. I'm prepared to drop some coin to make this happen but trying not to go crazy as I just had my salary cut.

    I have two spare laptops (Vaio and MacBook Air) that I can dedicate to this.

    TLDR: How would you go about creating something that could hear a Christmas carol being sung and turn on a powerstrip? (Bonus: could it detect a Hanukah song to turn on a different powerstrip?)

    submitted by /u/OnlyHalfKidding
    [link] [comments]

    Using Laptop Charger to charge headphones?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Can I use my Laptop charger to charge my Headphones? Both have USB-C. The Charger is from the Dell XPS 13 and has an Output for 20V/15V/9V/5V - 2.25/3/3/3A. The Headphones are the Sennheiser HD 350BT @ 5V 320mA

    submitted by /u/KunaiTv
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need an echo/echo dot for built in Alexa?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi there everyone, I've been scrounging the internet for hours trying to find the answer to this question and have yet to find one that satisfies me. Basically I plan on getting someone a Samsung TU-8000 series 4K smart tv as a Christmas present (I'll try to link it below). According to the description it has Alexa built into it but does this mean I need an echo/echo dot in order to use the feature? Or can I just say "hey Alexa, open Netflix" and the tv will do it without the need for extra software?

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084JBTYHJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

    Answer provided by u/jobe_br : "The TV will need to be connected to WiFi, to talk with Amazon's Alexa servers, but otherwise it operates as an Alexa device, from what I'm seeing. Which means it has microphones built in so it can listen for Alexa commands."

    submitted by /u/breezyflu
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to help boost cell service in rural areas?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    The civil engineering company that I work for supports groups of environmental scientists in rural areas (namely CA for the wildfires and Louisiana for the flooding right now) and they are having massive issues with cell service.

    I have read about devices that use the cell phone's number to send a text message which allows it to communicate with said device which in turn will boost cell service for the connected phones. Does anyone know more about this or know of other options?

    These teams move around from site to site so they are normally off the grid big-time. We mainly use Verizon for our carriers but can utilize others.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/youhavenotreddit
    [link] [comments]

    My work has received a large order of devices I am responsible to setup and I am not looking into cloning as I have done for Win7 in the past.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I am attempting to use Macrium free software but every tutorial I watch looks like you have two physical hard drives hooked up to complete this process. Is it possible to clone one physical laptop onto another say with a bootable USB that launches the program on each. I have unboxed two brand new devices and set only one of them up, now I want to clone the image of the setup one onto the untouched one. Both have win 10 loaded on them and identical specs. Hope I worded that correctly. I can't for the life of me remember the origianl cloning software I used to use but I know I walked around with two USBs: one with the cloning software and another with the image. Plug both in and boot to the software then you can select the image.

    submitted by /u/TechNoob22
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have access to all the emails on my school's server?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    Hey! I noticed that when i write the email addresses on the mail app on my macbook, there are suggestions of other email addresses that are given. It says "Found in server". I am using my school email address. Do I just have access to all these emails somehow? Is there a way to list all the email addresses on this school email server?

    submitted by /u/juneid1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to turn another device as a microphone via bluetooth to a smartphone recording a video?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I'm doing a video and my smartphone's mic is not that good. The sounds are muffled and has a lot of background noise so I kinda just want to turn another device into microphone to use that while I'm recording.

    submitted by /u/Bribribrin
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I receiving email spam that is addressed to another email?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I'm having a ton of spam emails get past the filters into my focused Outlook/hotmail account. The odd thing is the sender is always [noreply@site123.com](mailto:noreply@site123.com) and the to: field is always an email from a fastmail.com account. At no point does it say my actual hotmail email anywhere? I tried blocking the sender, reporting it as phishing etc but they keep coming. Sometimes a dozen an hour.

    Has anyone else ever run into this? Any idea how/why it's happening?

    submitted by /u/throwaway1222342
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment