• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 3, 2020

    Tech Support - Is it bad to leave my phone in the bathroom while I shower?

    Tech Support - Is it bad to leave my phone in the bathroom while I shower?


    Is it bad to leave my phone in the bathroom while I shower?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 01:33 AM PDT

    I take mad hot showers and they're long. At least 15 mins. But I listen to music through my phone. But it just occurred to me that the steam might negatively affect the phone. I've never had an issue up to this point. But should I stop? Or is it okay?

    submitted by /u/dorasucks
    [link] [comments]

    Can you connect a wifi router to a cell-phone booster?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Title. Currently our workshop has a cell phone repeater hooked up to an antenna on the roof. Provides excellent 4g(full bars) to everybody on the shop floor. The back offices on the other hand have little to no bars. The cellphone repeater has a lan port on it so i was wondering if you could hard wire a wifi repeater to the port and configure it to boost a cell signal instead of a wifi signal?

    submitted by /u/RipYaANewOneIII
    [link] [comments]

    How do domain registrars work?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Let's say I go to godaddy, I buy the example.com domain for $10. Godaddy goes to the domain name registry managed by the IANA, tells the registry that I'm purchasing the domain and registers me as the owner. But how does all that work? Does godaddy buy that domain on their own when I ask for it, and then sell it to me with an upcharge, or does godaddy buy that domain before I even ask to purchase it and when I ask they transfer ownership. And who determines the value of a domain? The IANA? And who does godaddy purchase their domains from: the IANA? Does the IANA even charge money for their domains, or do they just maintain the registry and if somebody asks for an unused domain they just hand it out for free?

    submitted by /u/super_saiyan1500
    [link] [comments]

    If the sensors on my phone are circular, why can't I film landscape when my phone is in portrait mode?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:07 AM PDT

    So my phone cradle is portrait, however there are times when landscape filming would be more practical, however it's a pain to adjust the mount.

    So why can't I just pick a filming orientation without adjusting the cradle or orientation of the phone?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally dropped my portable hard drive down the stairs onto a wood floor -- any detailed way I can check it's all right?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:23 PM PDT

    As above, it bounced down the stairs and landed on the hard wood floor.

    It looks fine visually, and I plugged it in and opened some files on it and it all seemed normal (except possibly for a slight sound when I opened a word document).

    Is there a detailed way that I can check if there's any not-immediately-obvious damage, or do I just have to hope for the best?

    Thank you very much.

    submitted by /u/AmethystTrask
    [link] [comments]

    Partially broken Huawei p30

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    I have a partially broken Huawei p30 where the oled screen has a white stripe in it. I was wondering if I could use this in any way useful, it has 128gb storage and a decent camera, some ok performance too. Like set it up as security cam? flash disk if possible? Idk, That's why I'm asking you.

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/Groundbreaking-Sky16
    [link] [comments]

    Web Content Filtering Feedback

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Anyone using smoothwall, iboss, or light speed for web content filtering? I'd love to get some feedback from folks who use their products. I'll also take recommendations on any CIPA compliant filters that you recommend. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/RenaissanceC
    [link] [comments]

    Confusion regarding external monitors

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    For the purposes of this discussion, pls ignore costs/prices, just looking for info and clarification

    I'm buying the new PS5 and am planning to switch from my TV to an external monitor for better gameplay. The monitor will be used for two purposes: simple gaming on the PS5 (mostly warzone and gta) and occasionally as a second screen for my macbook air 2020. Keeping all that in mind:

    1) Do i need to buy a monitor with display port, hdmi (2.0 or 2.1?? idk the diff) or both, to use it for both purposes? And why? I dont exactly understand the difference between the two and the pros vs cons.

    2)From what I've read, 1440p or 1080p is recommended with 120Hz or 144Hz, along with a '1ms' response time for best results? I kind of understand what all that means, but would appreciate some clarification and reasoning: what resolution and frame rate would be ideal for the purposes listed above?

    3)In terms of connecting both devices to the monitor, is it a matter of simply plugging in the PS5 via dp/hdmi, and macbook via hdmi (through an adapter since no direct port on the laptop)? Or do i need to plug/unplug each device before use? Thank you for your help!

    P.S.: I'm kind of a newbie to all this stuff and reddit so pls bear with me, I really need to understand some of this tech jargon! And I'm sorry if all this has been asked before... T.I.A!

    Feel free to answer to only the parts you know, others will respond to the rest of the parts. I'm in no hurry.

    submitted by /u/wlmian31
    [link] [comments]

    Laggy wifi on phone and apps not connecting to internet

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I have 2 devices which used to work fine aside from the fact that some apps suddenly cant access the internet. The other device suddenly became laggy even if i have good wifi signal. I tested both devices thru ingame ping tests and it showed that device 1 is stable 4 ms while device 2 spikes from 4 to 150 consistently. What is happening? What should i do? Also, the problem where apps became unable to connect to the internet, how to fix it? Tnx.

    submitted by /u/Opaldaisuki
    [link] [comments]

    I have 40 gigs left over on my ssd, what else should I put on it from my hdd?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I just invested in an SSD for a boot drive on my pc, I'm on a budget so I just went with a 100 gig drive, I deleted files so I could clone some things over, I added my OS of course, I added my browsers, steam, and CS:GO, is there anything else I should do with the leftover storage? I just switched to pc so CS is all I really play normally at the moment.

    submitted by /u/Suspicious_Milk53
    [link] [comments]

    Routers for XCloud

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    So I'm looking to start streaming games with XCloud and need a new router (current one doesn't even have the 5ghz band) but I don't know too much about them. I'm looking for something budget (under 100) but I'm wondering what features would be important aside from dual band. My room is on the other side of the wall from my router so there's not much distance but I read 5ghz can have trouble penetrating walls so I just wanted some guidance so I don't buy the wrong thing

    submitted by /u/NiceSpare5
    [link] [comments]

    How did my ex get a recording of a phonecall between two other people on their own phones?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    I'm hoping somebody can answer, as it freaked me out at the time and is now again.

    This ex was extremely emotionally and psychologically abusive towards me. He would tell me he could access my emails, Facebook messages, even doctor visit records etc. While also being able to listen into mine and other people's private phonecalls.

    At the time I didn't know what to believe. A part of me knew it was manipulation but there was another part of me afraid he actually could. This was proven to me one day when we were driving in his car, where he had his phone connected to the Bluetooth in the car to listen to music. Out of nowhere after a song finished playing, a recording of a private phonecall between 2 people we knew started playing. He quickly jumped and turned it off.

    How could he get this recording!? It wasn't terrible quality either as if he was hiding in the bushes recording a conversation between 2 people. This was a proper sounding phonecall like if you were listening to the radio and somebody calls in to chat to the radio host.

    I'm worried now again because, as Narcissists do, after over 1 year no contact he has come back to haunt me and has been trying to get in contact with me. Im afraid now he is listening into my phonecalls or something. He's messing with my head again.

    Does anyone know anything or anybody who could explain to me how he could do this?

    TLDR: Abusive ex had a private phonecall between 2 people recorded on his phone. How did he get this?

    submitted by /u/EvrydayIsLikeSunday
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Calls Anonymization

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    I want to know about the phone anonymization used by companies like uber etc. How much it approximately cost to get a service like that? I read somewhere that twilio provided the phone anonymization to uber and others, is that true? Please contribute.

    submitted by /u/malikusama18
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment