• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    Tech Support - What's the difference between streaming and video on demand? Is streaming a subset of VOD?

    Tech Support - What's the difference between streaming and video on demand? Is streaming a subset of VOD?


    What's the difference between streaming and video on demand? Is streaming a subset of VOD?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    I just had a commercial suggestion from something l not even spoke about.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    This is freaking me out. l bought the other day a gas can, l didn't research it on the internet, l didn't talked about it, yet yesterday l had a commercial suggestion about the gas can from the same brand of the one l bought. It's crazy, can the apps now spy into your camera for commercial purpose? Am l being paranoid or is it possible?

    submitted by /u/aka79ui
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some people get letters from their ISP about torrenting when others do not?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    I have been torrenting on my internet connection for YEARS. Never once got a letter, warning, or any notification regarding using torrent client software or copyright infringement etc.

    A couple of years ago I torrented a movie at my Dads house using his wfi and he told me he got a notice from his ISP weeks later warning they will "shut off his internet" or some threatening notice of sorts. Last month I was at a friends house torrenting a movie on her wifi and she said her ISP sent her a notice or warning of sorts. The weird thing is I have the same ISP as her... Is there any explanation for why I have never knowingly been 'warned' and why others have?

    submitted by /u/GivemeyourCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Why when I connect my computer to the router with Ethernet cable, the internet cutoff from the router and computer so to get the internet back I need to shutdown my computer. Now I can’t use the computer because it will stop my internet. What is the problem here?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I have been using the kms tool (text document) for 2 months to activate my office 2016. Some days ago, I was using word and an error appeared (Word has run into an error) ref image: After this error i pressed repair and then I opened word again after 10 minutes. It says that word is unlicensed (unli

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    I have been using the kms tool (text document) for 2 months to activate my office 2016. Some days ago, I was using word and an error appeared (Word has run into an error)
    ref image:
    https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/ba0ef9b6-c648-4bc6-9cbd-8191760e782b?upload=true
    After this error i pressed repair and then I opened word again after 10 minutes. It says that word is unlicensed (unlicensed product). I ran the kms tool and it activated but then sometime (somewhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours) later the error message appeared again and it was unlicensed again. I am running in two this problem again and again and it seems there is no solution. How can I fix this?
    I tried:
    Quick repair (did not work)
    Online repair (did not work)
    Reinstalling office 2016 (did not work)
    removing product key and running the kms tool again (did not work)
    My windows security i up to date
    My windows are also up to date
    no solution on the internet seems to work
    Please tell me how i can solve this problem. I am a student and I have to use office applications daily continuously for hours and this problem is slowing me down.

    submitted by /u/imranwf2
    [link] [comments]

    What do y’all think is the best Mesh WiFi product available right now?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    After some googling, it looks like Google's Nest tops a lot of lists. I'm not crazy about switching from Alexa to google assistant, but Eero doesn't have great reviews. I have a two story ~2200 square foot house.

    I just want something that works. I don't need WiFi 6 or tri band or anything like that. I have 175mbps down speeds.

    Any ideas? Thank y'all so much!

    submitted by /u/indochris609
    [link] [comments]

    Budget for outsourcing software development developed by SPRING framework: more or similar to JAVA?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:47 PM PDT

    My boyfriend is a senior developer working on JAVA for 3 years. Now he wants to change and widen his opportunities by learning SPRING 5.2 to get better job vacancies.

    Is SPRING more applicable and updated in tech projects that its budget is more than JAVA, or the same? (especially for ERP systems development).

    I am hoping someone who's been successful in the field can give me some insights :)

    submitted by /u/thaominn178
    [link] [comments]

    Help getting videos of me as a minor taken down?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I'm in a weird spot right now and I don't know if this is the right place to ask BUT - there are videos of me on YouTube from when I was 13-17 (25 now) practicing an art form that happens to now be my career. When potential employers Google my name, they find rather embarrassing and amateurish videos of me from years ago, which end up appearing before recent videos of me. I would like nothing more than to get the old videos taken down, as they all contain me as a minor, yet I don't know if I have the recourse to do so. I am no longer in touch with the people who originally posted the videos and don't even remember some of their real names, or I'd ask them to take them down myself. I reported them and outlined the reasons why they're affecting my life negatively and costing me career/reputation stuff. SO my question is - following my report, is YouTube likely to take them down just because they're embarrassing and were taken when I was a kid? Also, if multiple people had posted these videos, and I report videos coming from different accounts, will they likely do nothing as it would look like spam? This is really stressing me out and honestly affecting my career - that seems like reason enough! But I know these things are far more complicated than that. Anyway thank you all!!

    submitted by /u/set_to_stun_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an e-tablet, a programmable Bluetooth clicker, and an excuse not to build another gadget

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Is there a programmable Bluetooth clicker out there?

    With the website quizlet.com, I can test myself on foreign-language vocabulary. The navigation screen is controllable via the keyboard characters 1, 2, 3, 4, and <space>. With a Bluetooth clicker, I can send VolUp, VolDown, PrevTrack, NextTrack, or Pause/Play; the computer reinterprets those keys as 1, 2, etc. and forwards the replacement keypresses to the web browser. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with an iPad, because there isn't an iOS app to reinterpret keypresses from a Bluetooth keyboard. Windows allows it. That's good, because I would like to be able to work out on a treadmill while doing vocabulary tests. That is why I'm thinking about:-

    • buying a cheap Windows e-tablet... or
    • building my own Bluetooth clicker... or
    • building a gadget that receives Bluetooth characters from the clicker and transmits more sensible characters... or
    • giving up and joining the Foreign Legion

    If anyone out there has come across a programmable Bluetooth clicker, please let me know.

    submitted by /u/CanalAnswer
    [link] [comments]

    I'm On Linux Mint But Want To Switch Back To Windows - Is There Anyway To Do This Without A USB?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I gotta switch back to Windows cause our teacher forces us to use Microsoft Word and not LibreOffice. Is there anyway to switch to Windows 10 again without using a USB and just using the operating system itself?

    I heard you can use a tool to add Windows 10 setup to the boot manager or something but I don't exactly know if this is what I'm looking for.

    Edit: I would use a VM but the computer can't really handle a VM that well.

    submitted by /u/bruhimconfused11
    [link] [comments]

    Smart watch apps

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    Why is there such a lack of companion apps for smart watches? No facebook, instagram, snapchat ect. There is a big market of smart watch owners, why would they not be taking advantage of it?

    submitted by /u/justhereforswitch
    [link] [comments]

    Help! What viz tools can do this?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    Need Viz tool that does this basic thing

    1. Say you have a set of 5-7 associated/related items
    2. There's multiple sets
    3. The viz tool automatically creates clusters / a network graph of these items
      1. and associated moreso with each other are closer in the clusters

    I know there are viz sites/tools out there that make making certain kinds of visualizations simple with a click of a button

    Know of any sites like that?

    submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any wireless touchscreen monitors in the market?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    ASUS ZenScreen Touch looks very cool but it is coonected with USB-c. AirView2 seems to have everything that I am looking for but it is not in the market yet. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1151706191/airview2-4k-wireless-dex-pc-mac-ntd-ns-touchscreen-monitor

    submitted by /u/mhrn110
    [link] [comments]

    Solution for two people who have to take calls side-by-side and cannot do speaker?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    My assistant and I sometimes need to be on the same conference call, but whenever either of us talk there is an echo coming from the lag between the voice in the call and the voice in the background, and it's very distracting. Muting has been our solution so far but it is cumbersome to have to remind each other to mute.

    I'm wondering if there is a type of calling device/phone that can eliminate this issue? Or a type of headset? Or is there a better app?

    submitted by /u/mrjackydees
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best current budget tablet?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Pros and Cons between the carrier Verison and PureTalk

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    My dad is thinking on switching us from Verizon to Pure Talk. What are the pros and Cons between the carrier Verizon and PureTalk? Is Verizon better?

    submitted by /u/bubbywoodz
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 3 switch?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Hey all, hope this is the right place to ask this:

    I've got a 3-monitor setup at home that I use for my PC. My new (remote) tech job has set me up with a thunderbolt docking station that can take all 3 of my monitor connections and feed them all via one thunderbolt 3 cable connected to my work laptop. My PC has a thunderbolt port as well, and I've got it working that I can swap between using the monitor setup with my PC and using it with my work computer just by removing the Thunderbolt cable from one machine and plugging it into the other. Constantly moving the cord is getting old fast, though. Ideally I'd be able to have both connected to the docking station and swap between sources at the push of a button. I thought that some kind of switch could help with this, trouble is I can't seem to find one. Does something like this exist or am I dreaming too big?

    submitted by /u/d20Nubbins
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Buying touch id phone

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:11 PM PDT

    Apple iPhone 8 256gb or iphone se which is the one i can't choose.

    submitted by /u/Outrageous_Theory_32
    [link] [comments]

    Is a properly working Nintendo R.O.B. viable yet from a robotics standpoint?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    macbook pro not as bright as it should be... help!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    hello, everyone! i just purchased a 2019 macbook pro on facebook marketplace. it has just 11 battery cycles, so it is like new. however, my screen is very dim even when at max brightness. i've tried changing my settings in display and a few other things, but nothing seems to be working. when i shut down my laptop, turn it on and hold down option/command/p/r, the apple logo gets really bright for a few seconds, but then dims down a few seconds later. any tips?

    submitted by /u/ethansteiger
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to get the links of all the entries from a blog?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    I am doing an intense work for a Spanish organization that informs, prevents and fights cults called RedUne. The work consists in filtering a huge amount of entries made in 30 different blogs all from RedUne in order to centralise and get to show only the best of them. In order to do that, I need to open each entry of the blog and see how good it is, copy/paste it in a LibreOffice Calc sheet and put them a punctuation the following column. For that, having some script or online resource that could give me a list of all the links of the entries would help me a lot!

    submitted by /u/AlbertoAru
    [link] [comments]

    my phone fell in water and won't work

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    hello don't know if this is the right sub, but my mother dropped her phone in the toilet and it doesn't work anymore, is there a way we can get acces to the pictures.

    (sorry for my english not a native speaker)

    submitted by /u/franssie1994
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment