• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Tech Support - When will mobile phones have screens like Kindle? So that it doesn't harm our eyes at night..

    Tech Support - When will mobile phones have screens like Kindle? So that it doesn't harm our eyes at night..


    When will mobile phones have screens like Kindle? So that it doesn't harm our eyes at night..

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    What do you need to consider in buying a micro sd for an samsung android phone?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    I'm looking to get myself a new micro sd card for my phone but when I look at some at a store the price varies $ 150 to 200 for the same amount of storage capacity. So what can makes them different and what should I consider?

    submitted by /u/Anonymousmemeart
    [link] [comments]

    Run OCR on password protected (but openable) PDF

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Hi,I have PDF which is appearently somehow password protected (I can open it and read it's content). The problem is I can't edit it with PDF-XChange Editor to detect the text (ocr).

    Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass this somehow?

    EDIT: Solved. I've found an online website which removes protection

    submitted by /u/chocpilot
    [link] [comments]

    Why did NVMe go PCIE 4.0 4x instead of 3.0 8x

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    4.0 doubles the bandwidth of PCIe. But most people aren't using their full PCIe lanes anyways. Why don't we have backwards compatibility of 4.0 4X and 3.0 8X so that current 3.0 generation people can have twice the bandwidth as well? Or if they have to be pre-programmed with the number of lanes why don't you see 3.0 8X versions or even ,3.0 16x versions of needed

    submitted by /u/collin3000
    [link] [comments]

    Unrecognisable data port on Nokia 7100 Supernova

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Long term storage of files?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    Our pandemic project was to digitize a collection of 7000 slides, about 45GB. Now that we are almost done (4 months) I am deliberating on how to store the original files in good condition long term (years and years), while still being able to read it as technology evolves, the options I came up with are:

    • Zip file, upload to google drive.
    • Put on a hard drive and store in an anti-static bag (~ Farraday cage).
    • Burn it to several DVDs

    If I go with a Hard drive - should I use an old "spinny" hard drive, or an SSD - which will retain that data better?

    I would love to get people's opinions! thanks

    submitted by /u/hummusimful
    [link] [comments]

    Help with hdmi issue?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I'm encountering an issue where when I have my laptop connected to my tv via hdmi and I watch YouTube, YouTube runs just fine on my laptop, but on my tv it is choppy and freezes on frames. The sound works just fine and that's how I noticed it's not a buffering issue with YouTube. What could be some possible fixes.

    submitted by /u/KyraFrostpaw
    [link] [comments]

    Why do some headphones with mic have a 3.5 jack for audio and mic while also having a USB?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Does the connection have to be both the 3.5 jack and usb plugged in? Or can you just use the 3.5 alone or usb alone?

    submitted by /u/ubewankenubi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a service, or way I can combine internet streaming services under one platform?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    I can't wrap my head around Kodi if my life depends on, and whenever I have asked questions within the subreddit I'm treated like I'm asking for simple answers therefore im not worth the time.

    We've reached the time where there's so many streaming services, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Crackle, Peacock, Amazon Prime TV, CBS All Access, HBO, Starz, Showtime, Popcornflix, Disney+, Tubi, Pluto, AppleTV, Playstation Vue, Sling. VRV, Epix, Quibi, Crunchyroll, and Kanopy.

    Those are the ones I can just think of off the top of my head.

    Does anyone know a way to show what you subscribe to/pay for from every service in one user friendly interface and play them there?

    Please no snarky responses like Cable. Just a simple suggestion that's close, a no, or no response would suffice.

    submitted by /u/luxamorra
    [link] [comments]

    Reliable communication system for classrooms with masks?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    I have a few friends and family that are back in the classroom and having a hard time making sure they can understand their students and that their students can understand them with masks on. I've seen tour guide systems, but they appear to be prohibitively expensive, and only one way (guide to group) (I could be wrong about that, please correct me if so). I was hoping there might be a more effective way to allow a teacher to interact with their students without basically just having everyone on a zoom call while in the same room. Any suggestions to point me in the right direction?

    submitted by /u/DraknusX
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up a Wi-Fi Extender without access to the router?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    So at my job, we have building wide Wi-Fi that's WPA protected but I work in a warehouse with metal ceilings and such that make the signal pretty bad. I sometimes get one bar of Wi-fi but it goes in and out and I'm forced to rely on cellular data.

    Basically, I have no access to the router itself (That's the IT department) and was wondering if I could use a wi-fi extender found on Amazon. I see most of them require a button press on the router for setup so that eliminates them.

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/xPHILL
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for KVM Switch and usb-c hub for Mac and PC

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    TL;DR: Looking for USB-C hub and KVM switch combo.

    I have a 2019 MacBook Pro and a gaming PC. Any suggestions for a USB-C hub with 2 HDMI/DisplayPort outputs? And also a KVM switch that the USB-C hub and my PC would connect into that ideally would also have four USB 3 inputs with a USB 3 output going to the USB-C hub and another to my PC?

    Probably asking a lot but any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mrpickles2009
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to buy an affordable DSLR camera that would be compatible with an Elgato Camlink 4k

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    Hello .

    I recently bought the elgato camlink thinking that it would work with a my friends camera however it wasn't compatible. (a FujiFilm HS30 EXR),

    I would still like to use the camlink but I am not sure what camera to get that is more affordable for a group that is only streaming once a twice a week to zoom.

    I have seen the list of cameras that are compatible on the Elgato website but most of those cameras aren't cheap. ( https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link/camera-check)

    if anyone has any recommendations on what camera to get that would be really helpful. It doesn't need to have a good microphone as we use a Yeti mic already which is fine.

    I am also in the UK so hopefully locally to cut shipping down and I don't mind buying second hand or refurbished to keep costs down.

    submitted by /u/Poison343
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my TV instantly respond to input from my PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox controllers, but lag when I connect it to my PC?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    This is just something I was curious about and would like to fix if at all possible. I have a 50" 4K LG TV and I noticed that when I plug my PC up to it to use it as my gaming monitor, there is a little bit of lag. It is manageable when playing single player games like Skyrim, but on games like Call of Duty where I need the response to be instantaneous, I found that it leads me to dying because my weapons aren't firing at the precise second that I press the button. It seems to take several milliseconds for the game to respond to my input. I tested my TV with my PS4 and found that no such lag existed, and got the same results with my Xbox One and my Switch. So what is it that makes my PC, which should be my most powerful system, lag when connected to the TV? When my PC is connected to my regular monitor, no lag exists, or if it does it is negligible to the point of going unnoticed. Funnily enough, I had an older TV that I decided to plug my PC into just to test, and did not notice the same lag. This was an RCA TV from about 2011 and it kept up with my PC better than my brand new 120 hz 4k TV. Just to clarify because it could be important, I do have my TV set to gaming mode and have deactivated effects like motion blur. Thanks in advance for any answers!

    submitted by /u/Bradstopher
    [link] [comments]

    Could anyone highlight the difference between these two models of HP PC?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I am looking to buy one of the below models of HP PC. They have different model numbers and different prices yet their specs to me look identical. I am not much of a tech head so maybe im missing something.

    https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=9HH77EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP&lang=en-GB&pup_e=1&pup_cid=55877&pup_id=9HH77EA%23ABU&gclid=CjwKCAjwyo36BRAXEiwA24CwGcm09hF4w-Imf8e310ik4m0sGuWmH-tegIkYSWXKj1wxzDcwAX5REhoC2HwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/hp-m01-f0027na-desktop-pc-amd-ryzen-5-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-black-10207972-pdt.html

    one is slightly cheaper but Id rather just go for the better one of the two as the price difference is minimal.

    submitted by /u/Freshman_Bal
    [link] [comments]

    Basic question about multiple video cards. I mean basic to you guys, cuz I sure as heck don't know the answer.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Does using multiple video cards , such as TWO 2080ti's, allow you to drive more monitors, or is it only done in order to spend more money, er, um, I mean to boost performance via SLI or the other cross-connection thingy?

    submitted by /u/Y2K-Guru
    [link] [comments]

    XPS 13 or Macbook Pro 13 ?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Hello wonderful Reddit,

    I have been spending weeks looking at Youtube post on both 2020 Device. Macbook pro 13 and XPS 13. Both have great views but I know my current Macbook pro 13 ( 2015 early) may need a upgrade soon.

    I need an honest review of those who have either and why you love your current laptop ?

    My Scenario is that I use Windows at work and all my devices are Andriod.

    Currently love my good old Macbook Pro I use for work ( mobile remote connect to windows computer) and My future bootcamp with mostly mysql and Phyton.

    However I do own a Gaming PC that I built at my apartment. I just need help deciding whether to stick with my Macbook pro for same usage ( work and browsing) since I do not plan on gaming on either ( I do like option I could on the XPS 13) . I am ok with Macbook pro " mac tax"

    submitted by /u/leefaf
    [link] [comments]

    Is torrenting music safe because of how explicit the contents is?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Let's say I download an album online from malwaremountain.co.uk.

    First a zip file appears in my downloads folder. I unzip it. Inside is album artwork and the mp3s. Is it safe?

    Seems normal that malware would lurk inside program installs and software packages. But if I download something and it's in a zip file—even IF it's virus city—it's quarantined right? Then if I unzip it—still safe right? It's just in static folders. Now if I click datash**storm.exe THAT'S when things get crazy right?

    Appreciate the enlightenment. I just realized I don't truly understood how viruses get on your machine from downloads.

    submitted by /u/renderview
    [link] [comments]

    Raspberry Pi LinkRunner AT

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    I know this is reaching but its bugging me. A fluke LRAT 2000 is $1800 and an LRAT1000 is about $900. I use some of the functionality of them such as cable testing I can do with other tools better suited for it. Though getting the hostname and IP of the switch along with the corresponding available vlans is why I need it. Is it possible to get this info though the Linux command line so I can just use a Raspberry Pi for it? If not how does the LinkRunner get it?

    submitted by /u/manicxs
    [link] [comments]

    Can computer monitoring see what is on other input.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    I am pretty sure the answer is no, but I couldn't seem to find definitive answer. If I have a computer hooked up to a monitor on input 1, and I have a different computer hooked up to input 2. This monitor allows me to splitscreen, so I can see both computers at the same time. If the monitoring on computer 1 were to look at my screen they would only be able to see computer 1? Correct?

    submitted by /u/FoxDiePatriot
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get a digital certificate to e-sign my documents?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    I understand that e-signatures are verified through PKI. How do I get a personal certificate for free to sign all my documents?

    A bunch of services are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/digital-certificate-providers.html

    But none are both free and allow user to download the certificate.

    submitted by /u/theQmech
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Light Blocking Glasses

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    I am using my phone and computer for both work and social activity for over 8 hours. So I decided to buy a pair for myself but I wonder do they really work. If you have any experience or ideas, can you inform me?

    submitted by /u/darkHolee
    [link] [comments]

    POS Systems - The Good and the Bad....?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    Couldn't find a flair for discussion so I hope this one suits this enough...

    I've worked retail at a few businesses, a couple restaurants, and each had a different POS system (of course) and I was wondering your thoughts on the GOOD and the BAD of the POS systems YOU have used or still using at your job. What would you keep and what would you change about it?

    Personally, the POS system at one of my places of work was from 1988... So you can just imagine how outdated it was. Confusing, slow, ugly...

    submitted by /u/JGBrutus
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment