• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 26, 2020

    Tech Support - What is the best app for multiple people to use to track locations they have gone?

    Tech Support - What is the best app for multiple people to use to track locations they have gone?


    What is the best app for multiple people to use to track locations they have gone?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Dear Reddit Hivemind: I'm volunteering to help a missing person search party track where everyone has searched and placed posters. There are a good number of people who are driving around, hiking, and generally checking areas out in addition to hanging missing person fliers. These folks have mostly been tracking the areas searched on pen and paper, but someone helped start up a Scribble Maps page, too.

    My question is this: Is there any application that volunteers could download to track their GPS location while driving/walking, then upload to something like Google maps? Preferably something that can have layers (e.g., areas searched vs. posters placed) and is easy to use. A lot of these volunteers are older adults and aren't necessarily tech savvy.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ErrorReport404
    [link] [comments]

    Using both KVM switch and type-c docker.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Hi, So since I'm working in home office for a while I have my company laptop and my pc at the same desk. For my laptop I have thinkpad type-c docker. I have 2 monitors, both plugged into both pc and docker and that part is fine for me. But using 2 different keyboard and mouse? This makes no space on my desk. I am not so familiar with kvm switches so from someone experienced is there a way to use it plugged into the docker and the pc? Just for switching keyboard and mouse? Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/luenta
    [link] [comments]

    An old mouse refuses to move

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    I have an old mouse from my first pc which i got in 2009 as an kid . The mouse isnt usb but one with circle plug i it into pc and it lighted up but when i tried moving cursor at the screen refused to move. Any solution it work before on another pc last year.

    submitted by /u/RetaredFrenchBulldog
    [link] [comments]

    How can I use my laptop's webcam on my other computer?, kind of like IP Webcam for Android but on Windows

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:26 AM PDT

    Hey, so I'm gonna try to stream on Twitch for some friends using OBS, but I don't have a webcam except for the one on my laptop, so I want to use that camera on my other computer.

    I found this app called IP Webcam which kind of does what I want, except it's for Android, it streams the video over HTTP (I think, not sure how it works tbh), gives me a URL which I can add as a source in OBS, or access it through my browser, the web interface allows me to zoom in, turn on the flash, flip to the front camera, etc. so I wanted that same thing but from one computer to another.

    submitted by /u/Addicktted
    [link] [comments]

    Could you write a program, have it compiled, then have another one uncompile it into another programming language?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    The question is purely academical for me, I was just wondering why it is so much effort to port games between similar performance platforms.

    submitted by /u/Nazamroth
    [link] [comments]

    Do cameras that see through walls exist?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Is it possible to have cameras installed behind your walls? And for the resolution high enough to read text messages and emails?

    I'm asking because I feel like my house has been bugged and I'm being watched/under surveillance but I do not see any camera lenses.

    I also remember watching a crime show where police used cameras in the walls to read the subject's text messages and emails.

    What do you guys think of this kind of technology?

    submitted by /u/Big-Feedback-8826
    [link] [comments]

    Can I replace my phone's modified Android with stock Android without ROMs?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    I despise modified operating systems and I was wondering if there is any way I can have pure (or almost pure) Android on my phone instead other than ROMs. Keep in mind I don't have experience with modifying Android or installing ROMs; I've been a Google Nexus user for a while but my new phone is not by google thus not having that pure Android is bothering me a bit.

    submitted by /u/BubblyBunHun
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a cached Facebook post of potentially fraudulent fundraiser?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! I'm hoping for some help in finding cached Facebook post/page. I was was injured in an accident in November of last year and someone I trusted set up a Facebook fundraiser for me. Since then I've been getting what feels like the run around from this guy. "It's in arbitration" "I'll have an answer for you next month" etc. Now the post and fundraiser are no longer visible. Foolishly I did not take any screenshots of the fundraiser or who donated before because I thought it was someone I could trust.

    I know there were around 25 people who donated a total of about $700. What I'm hoping for is to find a cached version of the post so I can confirm the total amount, and who donated what, with the purpose of contesting the page and just getting everyone their money back. Does anyone know of a way in which I could do this? I tried some basic methods you can find on google such as using a searching "site:facebook.com Profile Name" and checking for cached pages as well as using the Wayback Machine.

    submitted by /u/Waander37
    [link] [comments]

    Need help!!!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Is it possible to backup my photos without access to them?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    So I currently need to factory reset my phone because I have forgotten the password of my photos AND the verification thing that you need in order to reset the password, so is it possible to backup the photos?

    submitted by /u/LazyCoke
    [link] [comments]

    how exactly do mobile games, android games specifically, know that you are skipping or not skipping an ad while playing their game?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    some games just forces you to either to watch their ad, wait for a period of time, or go visit the playstore, etc. and it seems it is unskippable as well.

    what's even more unbelievable is that these games become unplayable when it detects you have an adblocker or that they "break" when they cant load their ad in-app. is there really no way to block these ads nowadays?

    ps. im mainly talking about mobile game apps, (and not non-game app/browsers since these are way easier to block ads on)

    submitted by /u/skuraiix
    [link] [comments]

    could my domains get taken over by this?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I just started 2 new websites and i registered the 2 domains on ionos and got hosting from oxheburg (a new hosting company i found on ebay for cheap) i was having trouble so they said they would help me and they had to log onto ionos with my login info so they could fix something with the dns or something. i changed the passwords to ionos afterwards but my question is when my website becomes more profitable could they have done something when they were logged into ionos like written important details down or messed with the settings or done something else to somehow be able to take over my domain even after i changed my password?

    submitted by /u/mjb0828
    [link] [comments]

    How to listen to a waveform.png???

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Okay so I'm relatively new to reddit and figured I'd attempt to get some help here. Not sure if this is the right subject to put my question under but figured it was worth a try.

    So long story short I was deleting junk pics from my phone today and came across an image of a sound wave that is from my wedding day. The details on the image say it is a waveform.png. I have no idea what it is because since then I have had a lot of problems with seizures and have been know to lose chunks of time where I can't remember anything in that time period.

    Is there anyway to be able to listen to the sound? I would love to know what the audio is of and all I can find is the SoundWave app but you have to register a sound for it to work before hand and obviously I don't have the sound file.

    Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post and any help you may or may not have to offer!

    submitted by /u/Agile_Medicine1600
    [link] [comments]

    Earphones

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    Does anyone know where I get a 3.5mm headphone jack adapter that can connect earpods with lightning connector?

    submitted by /u/LogicalMud3
    [link] [comments]

    HP color laser printer black is extremely light

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    HP Color Laserjet CP3525x

    I have printed off the test pages/diagnostic pages and cyan, magenta, yellow are all perfectly fine but black is light grey like its printing in greyscale. It prints black evenly across the entire page so its not splotchy or anything.

    Says it has 33% remaining and we only use official HP toner carts in these.

    The event log says theres a whole mess of "halftone calibration errors" and a few "CPR sensor out of range" errors. Google suggest cleaning the sensors but i haven't the slightest clue where they are on this model.

    Any help or link to some kinda service manual?

    I have removed the toner cart and lightly shook it back n forth which didnt help - we also dont have a spare to pop in to test...

    submitted by /u/InsertBluescreenHere
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a Snap username through a snap ID?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Is there any way to find someone if they've posted publicly on the map and their account isn't linked? All I can find is the ID for that particular snap and it's a series of numbers and letters. I tried googling it but I can't find anything. Idk of this is the right sub to post on. All of my quick adds are from my old town. I just moved and I'm not the most sociable person so I'm trying to make some friends.

    submitted by /u/sunsetbrigade
    [link] [comments]

    I need a fake “random” number/name generator where I can predetermine the order the results will come out in.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Are there any apps or websites that would allow me to do this. Looking to play a joke on some friends :)

    submitted by /u/pineappleton
    [link] [comments]

    For youtube DLG how do you download audio only, in it's original format?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    I've only seen methods for how to do this using the command line program youtube dl

    I'm wondering how it would be done using youtube DLG https://mrs0m30n3.github.io/youtube-dl-gui/

    I have the settings here but not sure which to enable https://i.imgur.com/4UXP7s6.png

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Government employee working remotely, what can they see?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Hello Ask Tech: I am a civil service employee that is working remotely via VPN due to COVID19. I have a government issued computer and headset that is used only for work and I log into work via a VPN. How afraid should I be? I don't do anything illegal, but, like most people, I don't want the government or my employer up in my business. Additionally my spouse works from home during the day. I doubt my spouse is up to anything nefarious, but she also cares about her privacy.

    1) Are they able to see the websites we go to on our phones and personal computers during work hours? What about after work hours? 2) Is it possible for them tap the headset when the computer is off?

    Everything I have read said that employers won't collect your personal data because it would be, "immoral." I don't think the government cares about what is moral or not. Sorry if this is a dumb question. TY

    submitted by /u/Traditional-South403
    [link] [comments]

    Would a physical dvd have the same quality as a rip of the dvd downloaded online?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    Just curious if there's any actual difference. I had a audio cd once and put it in my laptop and it sounded so much better than off of YouTube (I know YouTube is not the same as downloading a rip of the audio cd). I'm asking about either movies or music.

    submitted by /u/N1ghtW1ng7
    [link] [comments]

    program to play .mp4 files (videos) and safe place to download it?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me a good program to play .mp4 files (videos) and a safe place to download said program? I don't mind paying for a program if I can get it from somewhere trusted like amazon etc. Thank you for any help

    submitted by /u/SeaLibrary650
    [link] [comments]

    Can teachers see our screens while we’re on google meet with some sort of security application?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    My school issued chromebooks to all the students and is pushing for us to use them, and I think that's why they want to do it, to make. I'm really not sure. I've been using my own laptop since the chromebooks are kinda garbage, but are they able to view everything I see within the window while I'm in google meet? I'm starting to open entirely different windows in my private account just to be sure.

    submitted by /u/xX_LogoHunter_Xx
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone point me to resources for replacing a 3.5mm jack on a laptop? (specifically HP Envy 15-bp0xx) A quick YouTube search didn't yield anything helpful, Thanks in Advance!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    My jack is messed up and I can't afford to be without my computer for as long as needed to send out for repairs, not to mention the fact that it's an interest of mine to slowly learning to do more repairing or building. I'm a bit of a novice in terms of hardware installation/work, but am generally able to follow tutorials when I can find them. Whatever information you can provide would be helpful, such as what is the exact part I would need or where can I find that information or a written or video tutorial.

    submitted by /u/Sungillee33
    [link] [comments]

    Are body or helmet cams worth it

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    I was thinking, given all the horrendous things I see at protests and police, that it might be useful to record as a civilian on occasion. It's creepy for sure, but for a day when it's raining mean cops and lying Karens, is it the way to protect yourself?

    I am very tech illiterate, so easy passive options with on off buttons are my style. But I have the money to buy mid hundreds solutions.

    submitted by /u/Littlebiggran
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment