• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 27, 2020

    Tech Support - How can I get images off an old flip phone that isn't activated and has no sim or sd card?

    Tech Support - How can I get images off an old flip phone that isn't activated and has no sim or sd card?


    How can I get images off an old flip phone that isn't activated and has no sim or sd card?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    What's that one app that many people recommend to batch install other essential apps?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    I'm about the upgrade to a new computer and I keep hearing this app to automate installs of other essential apps but I've forgotten the name of it. Can someone tell me what it is? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sgtlighttree
    [link] [comments]

    iPad vs Samsung s6 tab lite

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    the price difference is big here

    samsung 27k₹

    ipad 30k₹

    with the samsung i get a spen

    with the iPad i have to buy one-third party costs 5k extra and Logitech crayon combo is 7k ₹ (bluetooth keyboard and pencil )

    considering Samsung will provide 3 yrs of android version updates and iPad has better software haven't used ios my self

    so is the iPad worth the extra 10 grand will it last more than 3 yrs it has an older chip but would it

    be much better in software level works like drawing and creating small animations word files or will the Samsung just hang after a year or two

    submitted by /u/Stroov
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a small remote tracking device

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Like something that beeps and you can attach to something you might lose around the house like your keys. Would be nice if it beeps.

    submitted by /u/surfingjesus
    [link] [comments]

    How to know the name of the motherboard in your device?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung Galaxy J6 Infinity and I am from India.

    This phone had a fall and was badly damaged, the retailer told me that the motherboard was damaged and needs a replace.

    Before this replacement the phone used to give me satisfying performance, be it in gaming or multitasking.

    For instance, it used to cap nearly 60-70 fps in Call of Duty Mobile and 70-90 fps in Shadowgun Legends, could easily handle smooth animations and transitions of Android even with 10 to 11 apps running in the background.

    I suspect that the new motherboard on this device is not the one it originally had. So, how do I know the name and model no. of the current motherboard I have in this device? (CPU-Z or INWARE do not help in this case).

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    If you want to know why I am asking the name of the current motherboard, its because I want to tally it with the original detailed system specs of J6 Infinity and get to know if there is something fishy.

    Also, if there is anything I can do with this motherboard, lets say updating the BIOS (it may be that the BIOS needs an update?) You can tell me about that in the comments.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/VibeCheck4
    [link] [comments]

    Changing the hash of a file to reflect changed file name.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I have renamed a file and now it does not pass an integrity check when I import it in to an application I am using. I need to change the hash of the file to reflect the file name, how do I do this and how do I calculate the new hash to reflect the new file name.

    I cant change the file name back as it isnt compatible with the new version of the software I am using. Other than the file name and hash, the contents of the file are identical.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dull_Gukat
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use ctrl+backspace to delete a word instead of it creating a little rectangle?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Using One Headphone with Two Devices

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:57 AM PDT

    My current setup is that I have two monitors on my desk that both work with my PC, and if I wanted to play games on my Switch, then I can change the source of one of the monitors from DVI to HDMI (typically having the second monitor still showing my PC for stuff like YouTube or Discord). If I'm not playing any Switch games, I can simply change back to DVI and then I have two monitors working with my PC.

    The only problem with this setup is that in almost every situation I have my 3.5mm jack wired headphones plugged into my PC (e.g. so I can actually listen to a Discord call), so I never get to hear the audio from my first monitor if I want to play games on it.

    The monitor itself does also have a 3.5mm jack on its back, and plugging in my headphones lets me hear my games, but then the situation is reversed and I cannot hear anything from my PC as my headphone isn't plugged into it, obviously.

    Having a look online, I believe that I'm going to need to get a mixer of some kind (as well as a 3.5mm jack to jack, to connect the first monitor to said mixer), but I'm not that great with stuff like this, can someone help me out? Thanks in advance! :D

    submitted by /u/The_Henrai
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Windows Vista always as unsupported as Windows XP?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2020 12:52 AM PDT

    I know that the question doesn't make too much sense, but what I want to know is: why does everything that doesn't support windows xp (applications, games, that kind of thing) also not support windows vista? I mean, vista is essentially just a slightly underperforming windows 7, so why does it always get the same kick in the teeth as XP? It's understandable that I can't get steam on my XP laptop, but I'm just confused as to why vista is also unsupported.

    I don't think I asked the question very efficiently but I hope you can understand what I mean.

    submitted by /u/NotForPlayers
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an online mapping interface where a group of people can pin locations and it shows up for everyone else using it.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    I'm not sure this is available on Google Maps, though I know people can pin locations and then "share" them. However I'm looking for something that does not require the user to press share button. Just pin the location and maybe put a comment on it.

    I'm also not sure if this is the correct sub, if not please refer me the correct /r.

    submitted by /u/Ucanarap
    [link] [comments]

    Help with flip phone

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    I was helping my Ma set up her new flip phone today and the typing system is weird. When you press a key, instead of pressing it however many times for the letter you want, you have to press it once and scroll across until you get to the letter you need. She finds it frustrating and I don't blame her. Does anyone know if there's a way I can change it for her? If it's any help the phone is an Opel smart flip

    submitted by /u/gabe_is_gay17
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any free softwares like davinic resolve that work great on basic machines?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:02 PM PDT

    I have a very basic laptop-4gb ram, no graphics unit, pentium. I'm broke AF but want to learn video editing. Most high end apps don't work on my laptop... Soo looking for a "lite" one

    submitted by /u/Kniobium
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for alarm clock reccs

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    I'd like to stop using my phone alarm and want a separate alarm clock to use during the work week. I'd like to have something small that maybe uses batteries or is chargeable. Does anyone have something they like/recommend?

    submitted by /u/Mochimochi24
    [link] [comments]

    SD Card

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    I fixed my corrupted sd card by formatting it. However I don't know if i should take it to the seller for warranty because it might error again. Is it still safe to use? Or should I get a new one? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/dasoftest
    [link] [comments]

    Can you connect a voltage booster to another voltage booster?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Ok so I want to power a 20W LED with some 18650 batteries and the voltage is too low (3.6-3.7V) to power it up. So I found a voltage booster on my preferred electronics site that accepts from 2V to 24V and outputs up to 28V. But that's not enough for the 30V to 34V LED! And then I found another booster that accepts from 8.5V to 48V and outputs up to 50V.

    Now the question is can I power the LED up successfully by connecting the battery to the booster to the other booster to the LED?

    If anyone has any idea on another alternative or if it's going to work like this please let me know.

    submitted by /u/sabin_M1
    [link] [comments]

    what are the differences in results or effectiveness do different RPM in ultrasonic toothbrushes have ?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:56 PM PDT

    Can the school really detect it if I opened another browser during examination?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    We are using the gsuite account provided by the school for online classes. I signed it in on my Chrome browser(which I do not really use except for online classes). Will they know if I will open another browser? Or will they detect it if there's already a browser opened beforehand?

    submitted by /u/CoffeeWithMonster
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know of any GOOD and affordable wireless ear buds?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I don't need air pods pro quality just some decent buds that won't break in two days and have good sound quality. Anything $100 or less is perfect but if it's a little over that's okay too.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/panicked_potato
    [link] [comments]

    Long term cloud storage options to set up a family video time capsule project.

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    I'm looking for an option to set up a cloud account for long term storage of videos in the most hassle-free way. I'd prefer a situation where I would be able to effectively prepay for 10+ years of storage. I don't want to have to make monthly or yearly payments, and I don't want to accidentally spend the money reserved for the storage at any point, if setting up auto payments is the only way.

    Any suggestions?

    I suppose I could open a bank account dedicated to auto payments for the account. Maybe this second part is a question for r/financialadvice, but does anyone see any downsides in that as an alternative?

    submitted by /u/montueswedthurfri
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be scientifically possible for a neighbour to dig an underground tunnel from the neighbour’s basement to my basement?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    I know my house has been broken into somehow but the doors and windows seem fine. The only explanation I have is that the neighbour has dug an underground tunnel from their basement to mine.

    submitted by /u/Big-Feedback-8826
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone identify what these are?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Hello r/AskTechnology,

    Here are four images of random tech found in my friends house. Pay special attention to the square box with the blue light and the white circular device with the green light. My initial thoughts are that it is some kind of modem, but I'm not sure. My friend is paranoid they might be cameras. Can anyone figure this one out? Thanks

    https://ibb.co/1fXq3Vr https://ibb.co/pR6jrmK https://ibb.co/sPNDJQt https://ibb.co/xYDQ4XF

    submitted by /u/melloquestions
    [link] [comments]

    I-Block Glasses

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    Going to buy a pair of blue light blocking glasses, I found I-Block is it good? If you have better suggestion please tell me

    submitted by /u/darkHolee
    [link] [comments]

    Physical tracking devices on iPhone

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 09:29 AM PDT

    Is it possible to have a third party physical tracking device installed on an iPhone 11 somehow?

    This tracking device would include a GPS as well as voice recorder.

    I'm not talking about third party apps or location services, I'm talking about a third party physical tracker (micro chip) installed to the iPhone.

    submitted by /u/Big-Feedback-8826
    [link] [comments]

    I want a docking station so my monitors/keyboard/mouse that I use for my desktop would also work with my work laptop. What should I get?

    Posted: 26 Aug 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    The title says it all. What I want is to use my desktop normally but have a dock with a "switch" so that when I plug my work laptop all the peripherals start working with that instead of the desktop.

    My laptop has DP and USB-C.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Baikken
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment