• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 16, 2020

    Tech Support - Can you replace the batteries in a powerbank?

    Tech Support - Can you replace the batteries in a powerbank?


    Can you replace the batteries in a powerbank?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    I have a Zendure A3 and after many years of good use, it can no longer be charged. I guess the batteries have had it. Can they be replaced? Is it worth the effort?

    submitted by /u/Bigbanghead
    [link] [comments]

    Question about independent wifi (from parents in same home) and/or mobile hotspot

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit!

    Long time lurker, first time poster. My friend came to me with a debacle regarding wifi and/or a mobile hotspot. Hoping this subreddit can provide me some clarity, thanks in advance!

    Long story long, my friend's parents have "disowned" her from the wifi, so to speak. They changed the passwords because on her because "sHe DoEsN't ConTrIbUtE eNoUgH" etc etc and are being totally unreasonable about it. We also start school, entirely online, in a few days, which, ya know, kinda need wifi for...

    On to the question! If she were to invest in an internet option that were independent from her parents wifi, would the better option be to get some kind of mobile wifi device, or would a LTE/data mobile hotspot (she has MetroPCS, already independent from the parents) be more cost effective?

    Keep in mind, the strong preference is that no technician has to come out to install anything. She needs something that she can discreetly and effectively connect her laptop (an HP) and possibly her phone to.

    We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, if that helps.

    Again, thanks in advance and let me know if there are any follow up questions.

    submitted by /u/BurtCracklin
    [link] [comments]

    I need a mass storage solution for as little cost as possible. I'm a total server-noob so any tips would be appreciated!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I edit videos for a living and I have to archive all of them, both the RAW 6k footage and the final renders. I am getting through about 8TB/month of data at the moment, but it's not very efficient to keep buying external desktop drives.

    I want to get a server to store everything which can be expanded with more hard drives as and when I need them. However, I know absolutely nothing about servers and from what I've googled, it seems pretty different to standard-computer-world.

    Can anyone give me some tips and pointers as to how I could create a storage server that can be expanded, for a reasonable price?

    Things I know:

    It must have 3.5" drives because they offer more storage space.

    It doesn't need a lot of processing power. It won't be processing anything other than moving files around.

    Network speed locally is 1Gb but can be upped.

    On average, each video I make comes in at around 800GB total. This is roughly twice a week, sometimes more.

    Thanks in advance from a server noob.

    submitted by /u/imperfectspoon
    [link] [comments]

    Lilliput PC-765 (Windows CE 6.0) need help with boot

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have Lilliput PC-765 All-In-One PC Monitor with Windows CE 6.0 and i use third party custom Autorun software with this monitor.

    I don't know why but when i start this monitor on, it's getting stucked on loading screen. I have Recovery SD Card for this device with NK.bin so that i can reinstall WinCE on this device, but if i do so it will Hard Reset and all the third party files will be gone.

    Is there a way i can return to WinCE Interface or just boot WinCE with sd card or somehow access files on Flash Disk before Hard Resetting the Device?

    I tried many things: using USB to USB cable to let PC see this as Hard Drive, using Ethernet Cable, Pressing Reset Button, also did the same thing using Windows XP SP2, Removing and inserting CMOS battery, combinations of buttons to get boot menu or developer menu (pressing and holding Power Button, pressing and holding other buttons plus mixing them etc..).

    Now i came up with an idea, if i could install whole WinCE 6.0 on SD Card and just inserted it in monitor i think i would be able to access files after that.

    So can someone help me on how to install WinCE 6.0 on SD Card so i can just simply boot whole OS from SD Card thus not deleting any of the files from monitor's internal drive?

    Thank you beforehand. Any Help and Suggestions is welcome

    submitted by /u/B0SC0GN
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Silicone: iPad Pro (iOS) benchmarks vs MacOS. Does OS make a difference?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    Excuse my ignorance, I am genuinely just trying to get a better understanding of Apple's new Silicone this year!
    People keep benchmarking the iPad Pro up against the MacBook Pro and in a few instances, the iPad Pro beats the MacBook. Now that Apple is putting their own chips in their laptops, will we see similar performances? Or would the OS "take away" from what the iPad Pro projects onto the new upcoming MacBooks?

    submitted by /u/OMWasap
    [link] [comments]

    Software in Stores.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    I was curious about the software they use in stores to keep track of available items and keep billed data.

    submitted by /u/leprechaunsunicorns
    [link] [comments]

    I just got an SSD, I'm new to PCs so i don't know what this thing means, I'm in disk management and one option says "Convert to Dynamic Drive", in simple terms, what will this choice do?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    I want to know if there's any site or application which could tell me how much time one would have to spend in order to complete a Web/TV series?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Mysterious Net Lag

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I'm having some annoying issues with my net. When I play games normally I rarely experience any lag. Occasionally (about once a month) my net will drastically decrease in performance. Ex: While playing overwatch I normally get around 50-60ms, but when this issue arises I spike up to about 300ms, and its unplayable until I restart my router. It will consistently boot me to the main menu and then automatically pull me back into the game whenever the connection gets better.

    The main issue that I'm having is that when I turn my stream on in OBS my net will dip in and out almost randomly. My ping will range anywhere from the normal 50-60 all the way up to 120ish. This gets progressively worse as the stream goes on. Every time I lag in-game I drop frames in OBS. I play at a pretty high level and need to not be lagging (lol).

    I would love to try and solve this on my own as the technicians at comcast don't seem to know what it is. I had zero issues with my net before I moved. My new internet is quite literally twice as good as the last house, but about 80% more unstable.

    If anyone can provide any helpful info it would be greatly appreciated. Specs and speeds provided below ~

    My PC:

    i9-9900kf

    RTX 2080 Super

    16gb of ddr4 @ 3200mhz

    Too much storage (all SSD/m.2)

    1,000w PSU

    My Internet (no stream or game running):

    Ping: 13

    Down Speed: 689

    Upload: 38.97

    My Internet (with stream and game running):

    Ping: 8

    Down Speed: 532

    Upload: 38.46

    OBS Stats (After a 30-40 min stream):

    Dropped frames from network: 1860/192367 1.0%

    6,000 Bitrate

    60 fps

    720p 16:9 scaled output Res

    submitted by /u/Chode__Lord
    [link] [comments]

    Can I reduce duplication across Windows desktop installations?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I currently have two Windows 10 installs on my machine. Each is a complete installation on their own respective drives. However, the performance of the two drives is not equal. I intend to move or reinstall them such that both boot from the device with the highest read speed.

    My drive space is limited enough that I would like to explore reducing duplication across the two installations. Again for work, I cannot divide them into users on the same installation. Is there any support in Windows for this? I can simply comparing and symlinking alone would be disastrous come update time.

    submitted by /u/ZPanic0
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to do auto transcription of audio files locally (without uploading)? Quality not important.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    • I have a bunch of audio files from old meetings totaling maybe 20 hours

    • most of them are probably useless junk and I want to discard them

    • They probably have some sensitive info, from people other than myself

    • I don't want to upload to YouTube captioning or any other service for security reasons; I don't want to have private info involved in some leak one day and it's my fault

    • An AI transcript would be fine, quality-wise

    • Does something like this exist, that I can run locally?

    • I could have access to whatever OS/platform is required

    • I am happy to pay for this

    Online services:

    If what I want isn't available, doesn't anyone have an informed opinion about which of the many online options is most likely to encrypt files while in use and delete them immediately when done? I can't make heads or tails of TOSes.

    submitted by /u/WorthScarcity
    [link] [comments]

    Purchasing desktops for school lab

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 03:40 PM PDT

    What is the most economical way to set up a school computer lab? Common spec desktops ie: core i3 or i5, 8gb ram, 200gb ssd, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

    Would it be most economical to buy the parts and build the 30 desktops? Are there reliable pre-built systems on the cheap side you can recommend?

    submitted by /u/dsfsoihs
    [link] [comments]

    Ram upgrade

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    I have 2 sticks of 3200 speed vengeance pro ram but I am aware that 3600 speed is more ideal. To get better performance should I add 2 more 3200 or replace my existing 2 with 2 3600??

    submitted by /u/MCfRed618
    [link] [comments]

    Audio Output Error

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    i have a ryzen 3200g and an msi a320m pro. the problem is that the hdmi audio output randomly disconnects occasionally and only with certain games. theres a red x over the audio icon and it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. if i manually unplug the hdmi cable and then plug it back it works again but then repeats the problem. i tried updating my bios and my amd drivers. does anyone know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/aaguzzo
    [link] [comments]

    Best android alternative to the iPhone SE for $400?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    From a hardware perspective, the iPhone SE (2020) has been awesome. Excellent build quality, great camera, snappy performance, and brilliant screen.

    However, I have grown sick and tired of the limitations of iOS and am looking to make the jump back to Android.

    My needs for a new Android smartphone are as follows:

    • No more than $500 in price.
    • Water resistance
    • Performance equal or greater than the iPhone SE
    • Similar camera with at least 1080p 60hz video and 1080p 240fps slow motion
    • No "notch" or "pinhole" front camera (I'd rather have a conventional form factor)

    Some nice to haves for me are:

    • High refresh rate screen
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • 3.5mm jack
    • Video at 4k 60fps
    • Metal/glass construction

    I was considering getting a Pixel 4a when it becomes available, but the pinhole camera and lack of water resistance make it a no go for me.

    Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

    submitted by /u/maalik999
    [link] [comments]

    TECHNICAL ISSUE

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    My laptop ( Lenovo ideapad 330s, windows 10) is scrolling down by itself in any pages or software, I am unable to do anything even after trying many things. Can anybody suggest me something to fix this issue? (Kindly, It would be much appreciated ).

    submitted by /u/Educational-Note7318
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor White Corners

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    My monitor has this wierd white colors in every corners and it fade in making it lighter and lighter and it lags then it fades out and then comes back again, any idea what this is? And it would be great if can give a solution

    submitted by /u/15thpredator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment