• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 15, 2020

    Tech Support - I'm a 911 Dispatcher, I get calls from telemarketers...as 911 calls

    Tech Support - I'm a 911 Dispatcher, I get calls from telemarketers...as 911 calls


    I'm a 911 Dispatcher, I get calls from telemarketers...as 911 calls

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:52 PM PDT

    How are they doing this? Surely this isn't intentional on the part of the telemarketers. The numbers always look like legit numbers, and they come in as 911 calls, not on the administrative lines (which can be reached via a normal land line number).

    This has been going on for so long I'm not even upset anymore, I'm just curious. Any of you guys have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Boringmoron
    [link] [comments]

    When i was using my facebook on my phone,my phone glitch out and pressed a lot of button on group tab and other tab, how do i know which buttons i accidentally pressed?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    What to do with my gaming PC if I'm not bringing it to college?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 07:38 PM PDT

    Title. Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I have a desktop with some pretty good specs (2070, 6700k, 16GB RAM, lots of storage) and I'm leaving it at home to go to college in a few days. I'm bringing a pretty beefy gaming laptop I've had for a while to serve as a sort of desktop replacement (along with a laptop for engineering) and I have no reason to bring the desktop as it's going to generate a lot of heat and take up a decent chunk of space in my already small room. Are there any practical things I could use the desktop for while I'm away at school? Using it as a type of storage server seems redundant as I'm not going to need that much space, and streaming games from it also seems almost pointless as I'd get a little bit of input delay and some not-so-desirable ping if I was playing a multiplayer game.

    If there isn't, c'est la vie, I guess. It just doesn't make me feel very good to know that I've got a ~$2000 machine laying around collecting dust. I don't really want to sell it, either. The money isn't something I need right now and it holds some sentimental value as it was my first build. I just feel like I'm forgetting something, but I also could just be last-minute stressing.

    Thanks in advance for any input.

    submitted by /u/Remastra
    [link] [comments]

    password protect & encrypt a USB to work on win10 & linux

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    I need a way to encrypt and password protect a usb flash drive but for it to be accessible from both linux and windows 10 operating systems

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/proffessiona
    [link] [comments]

    I just installed an SSD and went into my files and it was recognized, then I went to device manager, nothing, what could the issue be?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    im trying to switch from my computer to an old dell optiplex and i need some help

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    so i have my own Minecraft server and i really dont want to have to go into the server properties every 14 days to change the IP address. i want it to be completely independent so i was doing some research and i found out that you can have a static IP, well ive done all the steps and every time im done it switches from Ethernet to wireless EVERY single time i try and set up a static IP so my two questions are. 1: how do i set up a static IP and NOT have it change to Ethernet and 2: is there any detriments to having a static IP address. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MicDudeTTV
    [link] [comments]

    I need a specific tool

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    I would like to Crop the Bluebox and display it on my second screen (to where the red arrow points)

    https://imgur.com/ee9s7cU

    submitted by /u/Bombaman164
    [link] [comments]

    Voiceover a youtube video?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    How do I go about doing a voiceover on a youtube video?

    I used quicktime to screenrecord and audio record, but the screenrecord down't record the original video's audio obviously. So I'm stumped how I can do a voiceover on the video with sound, being able to pause the screen to point out interesting things. Does that make sense? I hope so.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheRealTenpro
    [link] [comments]

    Let's say, you have a hacked email address. Can hackers access your phone's camera from the email address?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Two different internet speeds.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I noticed it a while ago. Whenever I'm using any of the Google websites, the download/streaming speed is much higher compared to the speed I pay for. This doesn't happen for any other websites besides Google affiliated (high speed Google drive download, 4k streaming on YouTube). There was a time when even torrent download speed used to go as high as 5-6 MBPS but now it seems my ISP has capped it to the speed I pay for i.e 4 Mbps. So in all, I was wondering what the reason behind this is and if there is a way I can exploit it.

    submitted by /u/Thr0wAway2397
    [link] [comments]

    Software to Record Classes

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Is there a software I could put on my computer to record zoom lectures? My school is not recording them to save money and I'd like to have a copy. I'm also permitted via accommodations. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bazgul
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone with RayCon everyday earbuds speak to how good they are

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    I've been looking for a pair of earbuds since my AirPods broke but I've been worried about the quality of all these other ones. I won't need them for much just to back and forth from school which is like a 2 or like 2 and half hour commute. I heard that RayCon has good quality but I just wanted to be sure.

    submitted by /u/Finovich
    [link] [comments]

    which is better dns over https or dns over tls

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    My Nvidia control panel is missing options

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    I can't play any games because my Nvidia control pannel isnt working so my graphics card isn't active. Can I have some help? The only thing that shows up is manage GPU performance counters.

    submitted by /u/HalloweenAnimatedMan
    [link] [comments]

    TV problem

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    TV problem

    I have an Old tv that I wanna set up with my ps4, but the tv wont turn on, i tried everything. if anyone here has discord so i could send pics and all here it is : inazuma#1897

    submitted by /u/europact
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment