• Breaking News

    Monday, August 17, 2020

    Tech Support - Can I connect an hp zr24w to a surface pro with some sort of adaptor?

    Tech Support - Can I connect an hp zr24w to a surface pro with some sort of adaptor?


    Can I connect an hp zr24w to a surface pro with some sort of adaptor?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:32 PM PDT

    I'm trying to connect a zr24w to my surface pro but I'm not really sure how to go about it or what to get to do so.

    submitted by /u/meop93
    [link] [comments]

    PS4 and TV problems

    Posted: 17 Aug 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I don't know who to ask about this , so I recently got a LED Smart PHILIPS 58PUS6203/12, Ultra HD 4K, HDR, 146 cm, it's a pretty big boy , from 2018 , okay so , I first noticed that is a strange problem when I played FIFA 19 on on my PS4 ( not pro ) the game runs I don't know how to say , not at full speed, and kind strange , and I notice that when I pass the ball it looks like it leaves a trail, so I googled some things and change te RGB from ps to full because the colors where shady , and a bit of settings for the HDR , now it works okay , what can I do like some porper settings ? I heard that big TV's have these kinds of problems with ps , it's also could be the HDMI ? I don't know , btw the tv has a game mode too , I don't know why advice is welcomed ,thanks alot

    submitted by /u/freestyle2011
    [link] [comments]

    I need a USB Bluetooth adapter that connects independently from OS.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:58 PM PDT

    So, this is kind of an edge case scenario, I've done a lot of googling, but I can't seem to find anything that fits the bill. I'm using a bluetooth-only logitech keyboard, paired with a fairly standard bluetooth adapter plugged into usb. During startup my machine requires an decryption passphrase before the OS loads. This is a problem, since it seems whatever saved connections require the OS to be loaded. So fairly frequently, I need to restart and I have to retrieve a standard USB keyboard from my closet to type in my passphrase. After that, the OS restores whatever program specific profile is used to recognize the adapter, and restore the connection, but this is a annoying recurring problem I'd rather not have to solve 3-4 times per week.
    My question is whether a bluetooth adapter exists that saves connection details onboard, and then passes that directly to USB, bypassing the OS needing to handle that connection? This would be similar to how my mouse works with its standalone adapter, that the OS sees as a regular USB mouse. Sorry this is fairly long winded, I haven't been able to find anything like it out there.

    Getting ahead of the obvious comments, no I don't want to use a different keyboard, disable encryption, or keep fishing out my old keyboard.

    tldr; I need a Bluetooth USB adapter that saves a connection independent of the OS.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/batawang89
    [link] [comments]

    Similar software to TinyCam, but for Windows desktop?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    I use TinyCam regularly on my Android devices.

    I need similar software for a Windows PC.

    Can anyone offer a good suggestion?

    submitted by /u/OculoDoc
    [link] [comments]

    Can you reencode video from a DVD or Bluray losslessly and get a smaller filesize?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    I know with audio CDs the data is stored in an uncompressed format, so compared with that lossless compression like FLAC will be smaller. With DVD and Bluray video the data is in a compressed format, so would reencoding with say h264 lossless end up bigger than just copying the video stream? I'm thinking of environments where only certain video codecs are supported, like web browsers.

    submitted by /u/fiahhu
    [link] [comments]

    What would happen if windows xp or windows 7 becomes open source?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Need help making use of an old monitor

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    Help with how to make use of old monitor.

    I was wondering if I could use a female usb input to a male RCA into my monitor and have my phone be able to broadcast videos from YouTube and stuff like that, a lot of the reviews for it are bad and saying it doesn't work (the cord in general) and I am also wondering if I could even make use of this old monitor. I have a computer this is just for the side of my desk and if I could use it to prodcast YouTube that would be very useful, it is quite old and has no hdmi or usb input just rca and some other one, any help would be fantastic. Thank you

    submitted by /u/coooochiemunster6986
    [link] [comments]

    2 way dual HDMI splitter?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Hi folks.

    I have a laptop at home with 2 external monitors connected via a dock using display port.

    I'd like to add a second desktop machine and connect it to the same 2 monitors with some sort of A/B switch that allows me to switch inputs from laptop to desktop and vice versa. I feel like I've seen a device that does this on Amazon before but can't seem to find it anymore.

    Any links or pointers to solve what I'm trying to do?

    submitted by /u/doddyk96
    [link] [comments]

    Is my understanding correct on potential aquisition of ARM by Nvidia ?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Hardware : Nvidia already dominates the GPU (75% market share in 2020) and the ARM architecture is a monopoly on smartphones and will probably increase market share for data centers with the success of Amazon under ARM. In addition, computer manufacturers are transitioning from x64 architecture to ARM in order to have an instruction set and a less power-hungry CPU for the same performance. Apple is the first player to have made this transition official to the general public.

    Software : developers will have to make their SaaS compatible on x64 and ARM architecture instead on focusing on x64 only for any computer version of a software. Emulation will be key to run products smoothly without having to rebuild a second version of your product ?

    I am correct ? Did I miss something ?

    Many thanks and have a good day :)

    submitted by /u/Lwii2boo
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI over cat 6?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:13 PM PDT

    I want to run a 25ft hdmi cable to connect my ps4 to a TV on another side of the room. I know that 25ft cables exist but they seem unreliable. Should I get this HDMI to cat 6 converter and a 25ft cable? Do any of you have this setup and is it reliable?

    submitted by /u/146ghj
    [link] [comments]

    Where to learn more about technology?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit. I just began my first year on IT college. I've always been good with PC and mobile problems, when someone in class had problem they would come to me for help, and I would always google my way to the solution of the problem. However, I know very little about everything. For example, when I was buying new laptop, I had no idea which one is better than others. I knew the very basics, but when those graphic card or processor terms came up, I had no idea which one meant what. I know I can't just watch a video and be able to know everything, but want to know on what web pages/youtube channels/ any other literature can I find some information to begin studying at all. Want to be able to know which mobile phone has better specifications than some other and stuff like that. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/ThaCooLoser1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a g7 dx12u driver?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Is there a g7 (intel igpu) dx12u driver? Nvidia has one

    submitted by /u/eliminateAidenPierce
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook Camera App?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Guy I know is paranoid schizophrenic. He's having a meltdown because his tablet has another camera app installed that he didn't install. I go to look at it because he's sincerely melting down that he's being tracked. I'm trying to find the best logical explanation.

    It just says camera and when I click the app it says it's Facebook camera and it's waiting on permission to access his camera/pics.

    I haven't seen this before, and when I look though his play store and app list on his tablet I don't see another camera app. He's flipping out that it's a spy app on his phone. I'm just trying to figure it out because I also don't have an explanation.

    It's an older Lenovo tablet

    submitted by /u/DeludedOptimism
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi connected, no internet.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    I recently upgraded to fibernet connection. I still use my old n150 router. Since the upgrade I am having issues with my connectivity on some devices. When I connect to the wifi some devices say not connected to the internet while it works perfectly fine on other devices. Some of the other devices also lose connection to the internet sometimes. I have tried resetting my router. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

    submitted by /u/gloomysnot
    [link] [comments]

    When you change desktops during a video call (Using Windows+Tab feature) does the call get disconnected or something? Also, same question specifically for Zoom Meetings.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    Power

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:01 AM PDT

    Im having trouble where my laptop is demanding more power than the power supply can give it. The current charger gives out 230Watts DC, should I get a bigger power supply?

    submitted by /u/ReaperWebQuestions
    [link] [comments]

    my wireless dual band adapter is not blinking

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:47 AM PDT

    It is a generic yellow wireless dual band adapter AC1200Mbps. When I first bought it, I plugged it on my laptop and it was blinking but I wasn't able to test the internet speed at that time. I saw people recommending to install RealTek WLAN Driver and I did. After a month, I finally had the means to try its speed but now, it is not blinking. I even uninstalled the Realtek driver but it is still not working. Any help will be appreciated 🙏

    submitted by /u/white-tshirt
    [link] [comments]

    If I downloaded a virus, can the hacker still view the phone’s content if it’s disconnected from the internet (phone’s broken)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment