• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    Tech Support - Reddit just said Hello to me!?

    Tech Support - Reddit just said Hello to me!?


    Reddit just said Hello to me!?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    Just 5 minutes ago I was having a scroll and opened a post of a gif and started reading the comments. As I clicked back I heard a bit of audio, I assumed maybe the clip had sound that just started to play. It was an indistinguishable noice. Thought nothing of it. This happened on the next few posts I opened, always as I clicked the back button from the comments and each time the audio became more pronounced.

    Then it became so pronounced that I made out a "hello"...twice! In two distinct voices!!

    That was the end of it. It isn't happening anymore but I'm thoroughly freaked out! Does anyone have an explanation as to what could have caused this??

    submitted by /u/hullguy1
    [link] [comments]

    An intriguing video

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Hi. I've never made a post on reddit but I thought that if it's anywhere the internet can come together to talk, it's this site. I use Discord, and in a server I found this video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582605316236116001/582615503168733284/cursed_video.mp4

    My apologise, you might have to download it to watch it, but I can assure you it's clean of any viruses. The thing I've come to ask about this video is how its total playtime seems to keep extending? I'm not super tech savvy, but I had no idea an mp4 file could do that. It keeps extending until the 1:21 mark, where the video then ends.

    Also, extra points if you're able to tell me what the technology in the video are, and if they're even apart of the same machine (or just random junk thrown into a video)

    Thanks in advance, I'm very curious about this mystery video.

    Edit: the machinery used is Tektronix Vector Graphics. It's the sort of thing used in the 60's and 70's for like, radars or in this case - some sort of graphing maybe.

    submitted by /u/Orion_hehe
    [link] [comments]

    Prompt: A Modern Knight

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    I am an eccentric billionaire with a strong preference for all things medieval. However, my company happens to produce state-of-the-art modern military technology. Fascinated by stories portraying heavily armed spacefarers or time travellers fighting against medieval knights, I have decided to ask: "Why not combine both worlds?"

    A knight by definition is an armored and heavily armed warrior who fights on horseback and on his feet with melee weapons.

    Therefore, I am tasking you with the development of armor, equipment and weapons needed for a modern knight.

    The following conditions must be fulfilled:

    • Modern to near future technology but no significant mechanic encachement/exoskeleton elements. This means that kevlar armor or a modern helmet is allowed, but that an adult, fit man (you can assume a trained special forces soldier or sportsman) should be able to put on the equipment with a little bit of help from an assistant and carry and use the weapons using his own strength. Of course, electronic augmentations such as a wrist display that reports damage to the armor is permitted.

    • The knight must fight using only melee weapons.

    • The knight must be able to fight both on horseback and by foot, depending on situation.

    • The usual setup of sword for attack and shield for protection is preferred.

    • After sufficient training, the knight who receives the equipment should be able to duel another similarily armed knight or robot.

    • Bonus: The knight should be able to perform classic horseback lance duels.

    I have also asked this on Stack Exchange, you can answer there if you prefer.

    submitted by /u/MedwedianPresident_3
    [link] [comments]

    12v, 2 amp output USB charger

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    Ok, I can't believe I'm having this much trouble finding this stupid thing, but a perfect storm of sleazy advertising and nonsensical jargon has me up crap creek without an oar.

    I have a tablet that charges via microUSB. The wall wart outputs 24 watts (12 volts at 2 amps). I lost the charger, so I need to buy another. The tablet is discontinued, no luck with OEM. I have a multiport charger that outputs 12v, but its at less than 2 amps, so the tablet runs out of juice eventually even if plugged in.

    Thing is, if I search "12v output usb charger" I get a bunch of car cigarette lighter crap (since car DC systems are 12 volts). If I manage to exclude car chargers, I get a bunch of 12v barrel chargers with fixed cords.

    Ok, maybe I'll try wattage instead... if I search for USB, 24 watts... Nope! **Infuriatingly**, most USB chargers have multiple ports, and only advertise their *total* wattage. So I'll find, say, a 36 watt charger, but it's got 3 ports, each of which can only do 12 watts!

    None of my search terms seems to narrow anything down. I search "single port" and still get multi-port devices. Amazon is even worse; even if I include +24w in my search, it shows me a bunch of 5v 1a chargers. Gah! Why the hell is this so hard to find!? Can anyone please help me?

    submitted by /u/SrslyNotAnAltGuys
    [link] [comments]

    What device(s) do I need to buy?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I want to share two or three monitors, one keyboard, and one mouse (which I already own) with 1) a Dell PC desktop (in use 90% of the time) and 2) occasionally dock a MacBook Pro laptop (10%of the time).

    I'm thinking I need a kvm switch and laptop dock, or one device that does both well.

    Can someone point me to specific hardware that would work well for this purpose?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CelticUnrest
    [link] [comments]

    Good Internet, High Ping

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Hello, my internet speeds are 200 Download and 11 Upload. In our apartment we have about 6 devices going at once. (Facetiming, gaming, movies). I'm a ROBLOX player and I am getting around 150 ping. I have a friend who is getting 70 ping consistently and his speeds are 60 download 60 upload. Is my upload speed the problem? I can upgrade if needed. Thanks for the help, I just want to get 60 ping consistent to play my game.

    submitted by /u/Discipline-One
    [link] [comments]

    Why won’t Reddit load on safari on my iPad?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    Why won't Reddit load on safari on my iPad? Why won't it load on safari on my iPad? Everytime I go to safari on my iPad And type in to go to the Reddit website like www.reddit.com so I can log in and use Reddit on my iPad since I can't download the app on the iPad since I can't do anymore software updates apparently to download the Reddit app, the website just never loads and I just see white and he's it is on incognito and I did try clearing history and data in settings and have java enabled and this still happens and it still doesn't work. How do I use Reddit on my iPad on safari since I can't download the app? It just It i don't think it has anything to do with the software updates.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Help with discord

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    I need help on discord. I just joined discord yesterday and when trying to call my friend. My mic didn't work. I could hear my friend just fine. But he said he couldn't hear me. Got any suggestions that may help this problem?

    submitted by /u/Lloollll
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charging power banks

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    I am looking for power banks/battery packs for phones that charge fast. I am not talking about the power bank charging the phone fast, I mean charging the power bank it's self. Most power banks I see charge at 5v 2a. I need something that charges at 5v 3a or faster (simple more than 10w would work).

    Or if anyone has another type of battery in mind, I am open to that. As long it's comparable in energy density. Requirements are lots of Wat hours (or can be paralleled to add more Amps) and fast recharging.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/WashedTime
    [link] [comments]

    Anki Vector True AI or task & internet related

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    does it have agi capabilities ?

    submitted by /u/A-questioner
    [link] [comments]

    How to block one ring on Panasonic phone?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    The model I have is KX-TGA410C.

    I can block callers, but it rings once when they call. I just want to mute the blocked calls completely. How do I do that?

    submitted by /u/VisualSun
    [link] [comments]

    Confused with storage

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys I just got a laptop. This was my storage: Hard Drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD + 256 GB PCIe SSD

    After downloading some games(thanks cod warzone 100+ GB), I see that I only have 85GB left. I see that the 1TB isn't being used.

    I'm curious when my 256 GB runs out, does my 1TB memory kick in? Or does this 1TB mean something different ?

    Anyways thanks for the help in advanced just somewhat confused !

    submitted by /u/Yoooniceeee
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Surface Hub Zapping Me

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Idk if this is the right subreddit but our company recently bought a surface hub 2 and it's working ok - but I've started getting zapped by the screen whenever I try to remove the pen stuck to the side. I can actually see an arc travelling from the magnetised screen-side to my thumb and it's really quite worrying. Is this normal? If not, what do we do?

    submitted by /u/AFXTWINK
    [link] [comments]

    I have a fourth generation IPod touch running iOS 6.1.6. Would AirPods be compatible?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    I'm assuming no but if anyone knows that would be great!

    submitted by /u/ggfchl
    [link] [comments]

    Do the Airpods Pro's work as well on Android as they do on Iphones?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    I've always tried to avoid buying expensive EarBuds, but I'm just done with buying cheap EarBuds, having a terrible experiance with them, and then them breaking after a couple of months.

    I've been thinking about buying the Airpods Pro for a while now, but I have some concerns. I have an Android device. A huawei honor play to be specific.

    Do the Airpods Pro work on Android devices?

    If they do, do any of the features go away?

    submitted by /u/ImJoergen
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good little laptop?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    What's a good little laptop I can buy that's not too small but not too big and has a soft underbelly beneath the keyboard so it's soft when I feel under the keyboard and not hard or like a normal laptop that's steel?

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    Can HDMI 2.0 bandwidths relay a source at 4k 60Hz with 4x4x4 chroma?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    As I'm sure you can probably guess I'm doing some research on what television to buy for the upcoming console launch. My goal is a TV that supports 4k input at 60 frames a second and 4x4x4 chroma. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert, but just from doing some research over the last couple of weeks, this seems like the perfect bang for your buck entry point.

    To my knowledge HDMI 2.1 is only just now being adopted by mid-range tv lineups. I know that new standard would support what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure it's necessary. On rtings.com the 2019 Vizio m-series quantum supports 4k @ 60Hz @ 4x4x4 but doesn't have any 2.1 ports. I'd rather not buy a TV and learn that the specs include a typo, so I'm doing my best to do independent research. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheGakGuru
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a new TV

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I have an old 50 inch LG TV. Nothing special or wrong with it. It is just a flat screen that I hooked a Roku box for watching Netflix and other channels. We need a bigger TV. There is so much information that I am confused. I don't want to spend more than $700 on a 65 inch TV (can't go bigger due to location) but anything will be newer than what we have. Is a Smart TV just a TV with the apps built in or where I can download what I want (and don't need a Roku)? What the heck is a 4K TV? Our room has lots of windows and glare so I heard an LED would be best. Can anyone give me a little help/advice? One brand better than another? These are probably dumb questions but I am a bit behind the times LOL

    submitted by /u/Jill71rdh
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any online video encoder with subtitles support? Paid or free.

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    I want to encode a 1-hour video with styled subtitles (or at least with .srt subtitles), I found some online converters but none of them support subtitles, I can do this with MeGUI but my pc is too slow for a 1-hour video, it takes 3 hours to convert a 20-minute, so I expect like 9-10 or more hours for a 1-hour video, is there an online alternative? Paid or free.

    submitted by /u/softybreak
    [link] [comments]

    Why does ram double each time it goes up?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Ram has always doubled each time you increase it. Started at 2gb, to 4gb, to 8 then 16 then 32. Why doesn't it just go up by ones or twos? Why couldn't you have 10 or 12, or even 9 or 11 or something?

    submitted by /u/jameye11
    [link] [comments]

    Can I record tapes from a Bluetooth tape?

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I have an old tape deck that has no aux cord so plugging in my phone isn't an option.

    It has 2 tape slots to create doubles. Would it be possible to put a Bluetooth tape in one slot and a blank tape in the other, then play the music via the Bluetooth tape and record it onto the traditional blank tape, or would this be impossible?

    Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

    submitted by /u/Pristine_Scarcity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment