• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Tech Support - Locating a cell tower by tower ID?

    Tech Support - Locating a cell tower by tower ID?


    Locating a cell tower by tower ID?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm using a 4G modem for rural internet from Rural4g. I'm trying to figure out where the tower is so I can aim a directional antenna towards it (signal is weak.) The thing is, the modem tells me the tower ID of the tower (it's AT&T) I'm connected to and I cannot find any resource that locates towers by ID. cellmapper.net has a map of towers but the Nbe code doesn't correspond to the 8 digit tower ID. And I have no way of knowing which of those towers I'm connected to.

    Anyone have any idea how to get the location of a tower by its ID?

    submitted by /u/NewYorkJewbag
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 login is really slow if network shares are offline.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:53 PM PDT

    Is there any way to prevent it? I'd like to avoid having to disconnect and reconfigure every share every time.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Need help selling on kijiji!

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to sell my used Wireless Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum gaming headphones, they were barely used and I bought it for around 170 CAD.

    But now I'm looking around on the internet and it seems like they paused or are not making more on the logitech website.

    I'm also seeing other selling sites that price for over $200 CAD for used ones.

    Can some experts suggest prices I should sell these headphones for?

    submitted by /u/MrSorazaki
    [link] [comments]

    Why did s-video on GPUs last so long? Longer than VGA in some cases.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I don't believe i've seen anyone use an s-video connector in general, but by the widespread introduction of DVI, it seemed you were more likely to see a VGA port dropped instead of the S-video. I'm sure there is probably a wealth of diverse uses for it but I haven't encountered them in the wild.

    submitted by /u/_kebles
    [link] [comments]

    Burning question.��

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:33 PM PDT

    Please answer, I'm picking parts for my PC and I'm confused about wifi/Bluetooth motherboards. Do I need them for wifi? Why don't people use them?

    submitted by /u/Read-It____
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube recognized who I am while on a VPN, using Tor?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    I downloaded the Tor browser, opened a private Tor tab, and turned on my VPN to watch random YouTube videos via Tor on my phone. I made sure I wasn't logged into my YouTube account because I wanted to be anonymous and get randomized recommended videos à la "the weird side of YouTube."

    Despite this YouTube recognized who I am and has been recommending videos that I watched on the Brave browser.

    Ex: I was watching a Joe Rogan clip and I got a recommend video for my favorite song in Beetlejuice the musical, despite the fact that I had only been watching Joe Rogan clips.

    I also have skincare recommended videos but I haven't watched any skincare related videos on the Tor browser.

    Am I missing something here? How tf did the YouTube algorithm recognize my watch history on Tor while I used a VPN?

    Using Private Internet Access as my VPN if that makes any difference.

    submitted by /u/HornyBackToad
    [link] [comments]

    How do past gen consoles compare to modern smart phones in terms of compute power?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    If you feel this question isn't specific enough, use the first console that comes into your head that isn't being released this year (I'm interested in the last 2 gens).

    submitted by /u/FollyAdvice
    [link] [comments]

    Custom smart flip phone?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    Hi, long time reader first time poster so sorry in advance. I am just really curious, would be possible to create a smart flip phone?

    What I mean is would it be possible to put a good smartphone into one of those Ferrari flip phones? I think they are so cute but I could not deal with the actual OS or a crappy camera. I'm not super techie nor do I have a fantastic working knowledge of this stuff. I think it would be a fun side project but I haven't a clue if even possible. Something like this https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/742108844827474070/

    Any advice would be really appreciated!

    Thank you.

    Edit: Spelling mistake.

    submitted by /u/Affectionate_Lynx_86
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 login is suddenly slow.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:33 AM PDT

    I'm not having trouble with boot or normal use, the only thing that slowed down is the time that passes between me entering the password and the desktop showing up.

    First it shows the windows logo for a while, then the screen goes black and shows only the mouse cursor.

    I haven't installed anything lately nor changed the hardware.

    Edit: Fixed it, an offline network share was delaying the login.

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    I need to carry a terabyte on me everyday, got to be discrete. Any recommendations?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Like a pendant or bracelet, what storage device should i invest in?

    submitted by /u/WalkingRolex
    [link] [comments]

    How to reset a iTEC iCODE2 doorlock?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    My uncle recently purchased a house and one of the doors has a security lock on them. It is from the brand iTEC and the product is iCODE2.

    I managed to find this manual. The english text is at the last pages. He did not get a password code from the previous owners and is now stuck with this lock that he wants to use.
    Step 5.1 mentions pressing a reset button, but he has no clue where this button is.

    Can anyone help me and my uncle to fix this problem? I'm asking the question since he is not really handy online.

    submitted by /u/Henchman05
    [link] [comments]

    automate google image search

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Hi, maybe this is not the right place to ask this. If you could help me I would be grateful!

    I need to search images in google for 15.000 products, it's a lot... I have the barcode for these products in a .ods file and when search that number the first image is most likely good for use, better if the filter for big images is on because I need the images to be bigger than 500 px at least in one of the sides.

    Can I somehow automate the search to get the URL of the images in the same file?

    I hope this doesn't disturb you, thank you!!!

    submitted by /u/Loglady_uy
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome - Waiting for cache - Can I make Chrome allocate more?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    When you google Chrome's "Waiting for Cache" message, there's a lot of advice of how to DECREASE the amount of memory Chrome is using for caching. My problem is different. I have 32GB on a Windows 7 machine. Task Manager tells me that 25229 is available and 4837 is free. These are typical numbers. Is there a way to allow Chrome to use more memory for caching? I have plenty available, but it's prefers to run out instead of allocating more for use as cache. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Y2K-Guru
    [link] [comments]

    Why laptop getting a slow internet speed having a same WiFi router as my Android?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    I have HP notebook and connected on same WiFi router as my connected is. I've been noticing so many times that when I do web browsing, mails or anything on laptop it takes much longer than my phone is taking on similar website. I thought it's because one is opening in small/mobile version while other has to load everything but while today I was watching YouTube video was 720p60 and it was not running smoothly, While the same video on 1080p60 runs smoothly on my phone.

    So I've tried browsing speed test. I opened up fast.com to compare internet speed. My Android result was 186mbps while Laptop result only gets 10mbps. I don't know is there hardware issue or anything else! Or any idea to get high speed on my laptop. Thank you.

    And yes, I'm using Optimum 200 for my internet service.

    submitted by /u/Dr_Apk
    [link] [comments]

    My pc blue screens when i try to use a web browser

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    this will happen in the middle of a youtube video or while browsing reddit or something

    submitted by /u/dankage666
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good transition/animation program (preferably free) that I can use?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I need it to do a simple animation of a rectangle with a width of w that expands his height from 0 to h in t seconds (w,h and t are parameters that would need to be inputted). Anything helps!

    P.S. If this isn't the right sub for this topic, could you please tell me where to post this? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/NicksterTV
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I cancel my domain name?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:02 AM PDT

    I've cancelled my subscription to wordpress but what will happen if I cancel my domain name? Will my blogpage delete or will it defer back to a wordpress domain?

    Any response is helpful

    submitted by /u/deathstar2187
    [link] [comments]

    How can I save multiple links from a web site as pdfs in one hit?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    I am at a great travel web site which has multiple links to lots of great information. I want to save all the links information ( 1-10 pages each link) to my laptop so I can read them when I'm travelling.

    It would take forever to open each link and save the pages as a pdf to read later. Is there a way to somehow automatically save all the information from all the links as multiple pdf's? ( or even one big pdf?)

    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/zeus1213
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my NBN sometimes connect instantly, and other times it can take up to 10 minutes?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    So tonight I had a nuisance trip at my house, RCD would pop every 10-20 minutes.

    Anyways, I noticed through this, my NBN (FTTN if relevant), would sometimes be connected by the time I had walked inside, other times it would take 10 or so minutes before it would connect.

    Every time the RCD went off, the modem power cycled.

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment