• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Tech Support - How can I build a time machine?

    Tech Support - How can I build a time machine?


    How can I build a time machine?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I was just sitting in my garage, bored and all, and thought to myself... "You know? I would really like to go back in time and kill Hitler. Or maybe even ride a dinosaur off into the sunset! No... I'm not smart enough. Wait! Who am I kidding?! We don't need to be smart these days! We live in an age where anyone can access information! I could just ask for some help from the good people of Reddit!" So here I am. I'm looking for all the advice I can get!

    It should be noted that I don't have many resources. As of right now I only have a monkey wrench and a peanut.

    submitted by /u/OriginalUsername7531
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain prepaid hotspots to me?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    What is the current state of the API legal case between Google and Oracle? What repercussions could this lead to?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    So, I am not very well informed about this particular case. So here are a few things I don't really get because I am not into Java, or the Java community:

    • 0: Google made its own Java implementation, is this the actual virtual machine or the jdk, in that case how is this related to openjdk?

    • 1: Oracle claims that the actual API can be copyrighted and the fact that Google uses it commercially does not fall into fair use so even after the reimplementation made by google, using the same API structure and calls is ilegal?

    • 2: Google took this to the supreme court. So if the supreme court agrees with Oracle, does that mean that in the US, if I were to make a reimplementation of any known API, It would be ilegal to use it for any commercial purposes?

    • 3: After all of this, is developing is Java still as worth it as before?

    submitted by /u/Lucinotion
    [link] [comments]

    Weird phone screen stuff going on?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I've recently noticed that when I use my screen for a long time and there's white text/symbols on my screen(static), when I switch apps I can still see the text/symbols but in a red hue. It is very hard to see as it is faint but it's very much there. Is this something I should be worried about or is it something normal that happens with phone screens? I have a Google pixel 2 is that is any help! :)

    submitted by /u/alekaurbi
    [link] [comments]

    Windows bluescreen

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    For some reason sometimes in the middle of using my computer most of the time playing games on it like valorant my computer crashes with the error MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I have done the window diagnostic checks and they have all came back with no errors, and sometimes it really sucks because the error happens mainly before I start up a game of valorant. Can someone help me fix hy his error because YouTube is not really helping, thanks!

    submitted by /u/hydro-blask
    [link] [comments]

    Can you give someone internet?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    So, is there any method like hotspots or something that you could use to make a one-time payment and get someone else internet for a definite or indefinite amount of time?

    submitted by /u/kievanrussbanner
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a bad idea to get a Huawei smartphone, given the current political climate?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    I need to replace my phone, and I remember really liking Huawei for the camera quality. However, given all the commotion around US-China relations, tech and privacy/security issues, I am thinking about just upgrading my old iPhone in case things go south. All my other tech is Apple.

    Thoughts on this? Any advice is much appreciated.

    EDIT: thanks so much for the comments, the info is super helpful in making a decision.

    submitted by /u/TheHypnoticBoogie
    [link] [comments]

    Why won’t google chrome download?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I'm trying to download google chrome on my laptop but everytime I do and click download chrome and click accept and install I click open file since I don't see "YES" and then I see something related to "Windows 10 in S mode" and absolutely nothing to do with google chrome and it's pissing me off. This is pissing me off due to the fact that a. I don't see the "YES" they're telling me to click and b. This thing that keeps popping up has nothing to do with downloading google chrome. I can't download it and I need help. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ThanosWayne
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best for a road trip?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    Narrow band? Yes/No

    Does frequency matter? Like does MURS or GMRS perform better for distance assuming the same output power?

    Edit: I forgot to mention I have magnetic antennas to stick on the top of our cars.

    submitted by /u/mduckworth92
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming puppy!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Is anyone aware of a wifi-connected camera that could hang from a dog's collar? The smaller the better.

    submitted by /u/Y2K-Guru
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard problems

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    My usb keyboards never work unless I have it plugged in and restart my computer. If I unplug the keyboard and replug it in, it stops working again and I have to restart my computer again. Anyone have any idea how to fix? I have Windows 10

    submitted by /u/Bobacrafts
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an alternative to Lineage OS - an open-source OS that works on many/most old Android devices, if such a thing exists.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Just trying to do some things with an old obscure high-end audio device I have. There's no Lineage OS build for it, so I'm wondering if there are other options that will work with many Android devices. I have no idea if such a thing exists, but thought i'd give it a shot. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/mattinpatxi
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with Internet Explorer on Windows Xp

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    What to do to make Internet Explorer work on an old laptop with Windows XP which does not have Wi-Fi

    submitted by /u/TaronSargsyan
    [link] [comments]

    For xtreme video downloader anyway to disable the "video download" popup, to download instantly instead?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I'm using the addon for XDM from here, the problem is every time I click to download a file this pops up, is there anyway to make it download instantly without having this popping up?

    Didn't see anyway to disable/skip this popup in the settings, I want it to download instantly without having this message popup

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Trouble installing windows 10 64-bit on my pc

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    *SOLVED*

    Basically the problem is with my pc, in that I can't get Windows 10 64 bit on it. Initially I had windows 10 32 bit running on it but because of the limitations with ram I wanted to upgrade. So when I did. I used my Windows 10 installer disk (which definitely works because I installed Windows 10 on a pc after all this happened) and I got hit with the error code 0x0000225. I have tried everything from:Switching the sata cables to different ports on the motherboard, Unplugging my Graphics card, Trying to install windows 10 on my HDD, Installing it on a seperate pc, reseating the ram and trying each one in a different slot, Using an external dvd reader and yet nothing is working.

    Here are the specs tooDual Core e6700 3.02GHZ, 4gb ddr3 ram (2x2gb sticks), MSI G41M-S03, GTX 560ti 1gb Palit and my OCZ 750w psu

    submitted by /u/PoppityPing234
    [link] [comments]

    Long time Windows user that just bought a Macbook: Am I going crazy or does the font look sort of fuzzy and soft everywhere?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    I asked my girlfriend and she said it looked normal, but she's used to have a Macbook for years at work.

    It's a 2020 Macbook Air and everything just looks sort of... soft. Maybe it's just the higher pixel density in the display? But I don't notice this on my phone that has a very high DPI. I feel like I maybe also noticed this when I was using Linux Mint for years a long time ago. Maybe it's just the way OSX renders fonts?

    Has anyone else made this transition and also noticed the difference? Or is my vision just getting worse and the screen is smaller than my last laptop?

    submitted by /u/politicsis_trash
    [link] [comments]

    How to restrict access by only allowing a certain areas to join online?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:46 AM PDT

    I want to invite others online in certain areas, but do not want any outsiders pretending. I do not need to know where a person lives, but just wide enough of certain areas to be able to sign up.

    Kind of like how YouTube is able to block countries from watching other countries vids for whatever reason.

    What are my options to do this?

    submitted by /u/BoycottSensei
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a portable wired speaker

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    So at work we have these little radios we can use that catch FM/AM radio. The radios suck, the radio stations suck, so I'm looking for an alternative.Basically my idea right now is to get a portable speaker with the wire built in (don't want anything wireless and rechargeable, fairly sure im going to destroy the cable too quickly) and then have either an MP3 connected to it via AUX/bluetooth (can't have my phone at work) or a USB/SD card feeding straight into the speaker (though I'm not sure how well that would work unless there is like a screen on the speaker or something).

    Now here is where my whole plan falls short: I can't find anything remotely like what I'm looking for online... Idk if it's just really hard to find or if my English is just awful, but I'd really appreciate some help!

    Thanks a lot :)

    edit: also while im at it. any recommendation for an mp3? this is what i settled on now: https://www.amazon.ca/MYMAHDI-Bluetooth-Portable-Lossless-Recorder/dp/B07GDLBX7K/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=MYMAHDI+pink&qid=1595596594&sr=8-5

    submitted by /u/BloodyPotar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment