• Breaking News

    Monday, July 27, 2020

    Tech Support - Can viruses spread in WiFi

    Tech Support - Can viruses spread in WiFi


    Can viruses spread in WiFi

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 05:24 PM PDT

    So I know idiots who where on my internet and if they have a virus on there phone will it spread through the WiFi we all use iOS btw and I'm paranoid about everything so I need answers

    submitted by /u/n-jdjdjdncncnc
    [link] [comments]

    What steps can I take to not be spied on online?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 02:59 AM PDT

    Feeling skeezy after that Instagram deal.

    I have no Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tiktok etc apps, vpn, brave, ddg, tutenota..

    What else could I be doing?

    submitted by /u/mawktheone
    [link] [comments]

    Can red optical laser under mouse harm eyes?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    I have a OMBAR mouse brand made in china, and a laser shined in my eye for a split second. Are these red lasers harmless to eyes?

    submitted by /u/mikchhhsh
    [link] [comments]

    How to get tv signal from one room to another.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm living in Australia & moved from a house in to a shared house. There is a coaxial cable port in the lounge room, with a tv plugged in to it.

    I would like to be able to play the tv in my room without running a coaxial cable from one room to another, since I live in a house with a 2 year old & that's just asking for trouble.

    So is there a way to get access to the digital signal from one room to another without running a cable from one room to another?

    submitted by /u/matthew_lane
    [link] [comments]

    Micro stuttering, stuttering, and sometimes screen tearing.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    I have been occurring massive stutters, micro stutters, and sometimes screen tearing if I change some settings. I have just upgraded my GPU from a Rx570 4gb to a RTX 2060 ko and my games where stuttering so I upgraded my mobo to see if that was the problem because my motherboard was a cheap 50 dollar Mobo, and it got a bit better but didnt fix the problems, Games are unplayable, I have tried countless setting either in Nvidia control panel or my game graphic settings, and still cant find a fix, me and my brother have similar specs but I have better ram and a better motherboard, but he has a GTX 1660, and when we put my RTX 2060 in his PC it worked flawlessly. V sync isn't an option because it causes latency, the games I play are competitive and latency can not be tolerated. Another thing I have tried is a different PSU cable to see if the one I had it on was bad, I have watched countless videos, read tons of different articles. I have changed my CPU Frequency scaling index, I have changed my CPU Turbo boost index, I have tried a GPU overclock I have flushed my cached Ram to see if that helps. I have tried tons of different drivers for my GPU and Mobo.

    submitted by /u/sumpyyone
    [link] [comments]

    My PC won't boot stably unless i go to BIOS...

    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 12:18 AM PDT

     So basically my PC will boot but it stutters every second or so (including the mouse), so it becomes unusable and I can't shut it off without manually forcing it via the power button. The screen will turn off and everything but the PC keeps running. [Motherboard light goes white-red-white-green] However if i go into the BIOS while it is booting up, then after a few seconds leave the BIOS, it boots and works just fine. [Motherboard light goes red-orange-green] I have tried to look this up and I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue, it is probably the Ram but it just doesn't make sense why it works if i go to the BIOS. Tbh it works just fine with the workaround it just kinda sucks since i have an SSD. (I've had it for about 5 Months and still works) 

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Memory/Ram: Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL17 Memory Storage: Samsung 860 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified

    submitted by /u/roboto321
    [link] [comments]

    Incorrect Password on Microsoft Account

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I just built my first PC and the local disc file for my user is "julia" instead of "Julian" so I used this guide to change the user folder name in the local disc from julia to Julian

    https://www.repairwin.com/how-to-rename-user-and-user-folder-in-windows-7-8-10/

    I was using a local administrator account

    Now that I'm trying to sign in with a Microsoft account it says that the "The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again"

    My Microsoft account still works and I'm still able to login on my other devices.

    Any ideas or suggestions to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/JGX10A
    [link] [comments]

    Does a device like this exist?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    My car only can connect to my phone via aux cord. Is there some device that can help me connect my phone to my sound system via bluetooth? I know something like this might exist because I saw s idk something like it years ago, but the quality was horrible. Is there a device that exists where I wont lose a bunch of audio quality like the older ones? Does anyone know or have experience with this? I just need the convenience of being able to connect, and reconnect quickly, as I get in and out of my car often, but I dont want my music to sound like a 1990s stereo.

    submitted by /u/SublimeNick
    [link] [comments]

    So can I like get a gaming laptop then connect stuff to it

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    So like get a wireless mouse and get a keyboard then connect a monitor because I have a very small room and the table I have is I guess a shakey table sorry if I don't make sense I think I lost a few brain cells

    submitted by /u/n-jdjdjdncncnc
    [link] [comments]

    If a factory reset a Xbox one Will everything be gone like let me explain

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    Uhh so I got a Xbox one s and I have no idea what the previous owner looked at if it was anything illegal and I just thought of it and I get very freaked out so now I want to get a new one so I don't want any used consoles or refurbished I'm okay with refurbished but the only people I know who dose it is GameStop and they do a very shitty job doing it so if i factory reset the Xbox is everything gone I factory reset it and when I got it it had the account still but I don't want the police to come to my house if they did have illegal stuff I don't know why I'm freaked out about everything should I just sell it I want to get one with more storage and I did get the Xbox for free

    submitted by /u/n-jdjdjdncncnc
    [link] [comments]

    Help to find a new screen for a laptop (HP)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Hello, i need help to find a new screen to buy for a laptop because the actual screen is broken and I'm gonna change it. I've seen a video and the guy just uses the model number (or some number of the laptop I don't remember exactly) and the brand to search a new screen on Amazon. Is that correct? I'm from Brasil so I don't know, maybe here it will be harder to find, any more tips about this? I'm not an expert.

    I have access to the laptop, I just plug it on a TV.

    Thanks for anyone who can answer :)

    submitted by /u/Vidramir
    [link] [comments]

    Why: Video playback Laptop Vs Phone

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Why is it that my laptop with an i7-4650u jet engines it's fans playing videos e.g. YouTube, but my android phones over the years have been able to pump out the same resolution without skipping a beat? Is there an explanation for this?

    I always assumed it was due to hardware level decoding support and how Intel improved/expanded this with Skylake (6th gen) CPUs?

    submitted by /u/mkhalila
    [link] [comments]

    Music on stories

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    Help please

    instagramASK

    I can't get my MUSIC STICKER to work on my Insta stories on my fitness page - business page and public setting. Just a humble suburban fitness coach with under 400 followers.

    I've - updated the app - logged out of the app - uninstalled - reinstalled - signed back in again

    Nothing .😭

    Am I doing something wrong with my settings ?

    submitted by /u/Almarizzle
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do with my ipad 1?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 07:17 PM PDT

    It's iOS 5.1.1, so I doubt any apps, I can see it being a picture frame ir watching Netflix, but is there anything else?

    submitted by /u/Shadowfang78965
    [link] [comments]

    Dummy question, what is the difference between base CPU and turbo? And what should I use as a benchmark when looking at games?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    I recently acquired a new laptop, a Dell G3, which has a CPU og 2.4 Ghz, and a turbo speed up to 4 Ghz.

    Does the turbo speed mean I can play games like Portal 2 on it, which has a higher CPU requirement than my base level, or would that be overclocking the computer (something I'd rather avoid to do since I want this laptop to last quite a while)

    submitted by /u/N7Crazy
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way of tricking a Windows application into thinkink that a mounted Network drive is actually a directly connected USB drive?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Need opinions for surface laptop 3 setup

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    So I wanted some opinions on my idea for a setup at my computer desk at home. I have a surface laptop 3, 13.5 inch 8gb, 256gb. I love it. The only thing I hate is the wifi driver issue that plagues them but that's another story. I have a desktop PC also that I used for gaming years back. How old you say? Well the last games I played on it was Skyrim and Borderlands 2. When they were new. So yea. We are talking a GTS 450 video card, AMD FX series processor and ddr 3 ram. Oh and a Corsair H50i. But it runs like a dream with my Samsung 860 Evo ssd. I have dual 1080p monitors that are just as old and I want to sell the entire setup for whatever measly amount I can get. What I've read and want to confirm is that USB 3.1 gen 2 which is provided on the surface laptop... If I buy an external monitor with USB c and a surface dock 2, that would be able to power and provide video for the external monitor without any hiccups yea? I also read an article talking about needing an adapter for USB c to dp 1.4?? I'm confused by that. I don't have any monitor chosen yet, but I just want something that will take advantage of the laptop resolution since it's higher than 1080p. Again, I don't game anymore, I just like a good picture lol. TIA.

    submitted by /u/E-rich64
    [link] [comments]

    Receiving an SMS message when a website changes

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Hello. I am looking for an app or service that notifies you by text message whenever a website changes. Anyone know of a good service?

    submitted by /u/CoolGuyDesigns
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy S20 +. Do wired headphones work well?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Overall, the phone seems good. Only downside is the lack of headphones jack. Does the solution for wired headphones works well? (USB-C and all)

    submitted by /u/DarkSky100
    [link] [comments]

    I've received a weird text ( blocked it and deleted it from my phone ) please inform me

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    So I woke up to a text in the morning today stating this "duck+dish+mutter+ alongside+suspend+ impediment+burglary" I put spaces because I don't know if it was code I don't wanna do anything to anyone else if it is. If anyone knows what this means please comment I'm genuinely curious

    submitted by /u/Sir_Unreal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment