• Breaking News

    Friday, July 24, 2020

    Tech Support - How to extend range of my wifi signal

    Tech Support - How to extend range of my wifi signal


    How to extend range of my wifi signal

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    I recently moved my PC up a floor in my house, but I realized the wifi connection is horrible up there. I can't even join a server in a game. My router is on the bottom floor and my PC is 2 floors above it, so running and ethernet cable is not practical in this situation. What are good ways of strengthening the wifi signal on the top floor so that I can actually play? Thank you guys in advance.

    submitted by /u/twistedtoirtose
    [link] [comments]

    PC to PC file sharing

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I was trying to share a folder to another pc over lan cable. I have set up the connections correctly and the pc names are being shown over the network but when I try sharing the folder nothing happens. I have tried turning off the firewall but to no avail. What should I do? If there is an alternative way to share large files quickly please tell.

    submitted by /u/gloomysnot
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get my account automatically deleted by Instagram?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    So I know it's a bit odd but i want my account deleted and I want to start fresh but I can't delete my account on my own just like that without having to answer all the questions from my friends and why I deleted it and if I'm having some issues and jesus the thought of it makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. I'm pretty paranoid and all my posts and everything is out there. So I want it deleted and I wanna start fresh with less details about my life online. I know it's difficult to understand as to why can't I just delete it but come on. Help me out here.

    submitted by /u/koolkidssss
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie with an Insta Tech Query

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Help please

    instagramASK

    I can't get my MUSIC STICKER to work on my Insta stories on my fitness page - business page and public setting. Just a humble suburban fitness coach with under 400 followers.

    I've - updated the app - logged out of the app - uninstalled - reinstalled - signed back in again

    Nothing .😭

    Am I doing something wrong with my settings ?

    submitted by /u/Almarizzle
    [link] [comments]

    Which laptop/tablet should I buy 2020?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    I am a junior in college, and in need of a new laptop. I have narrowed it down to 4 options:

    1. Apple MacBook Pro

    2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7

    3. Apple IPad Pro

    4. Dell XPS 13 2-in-1

    As you can tel, most of these are either tablets or have tablet capabilities (minus the MacBook), which is one thing I'm interested in for ease of note taking and other options. However, I am in a biology major and often am downloading and using different data collection software for lab settings. Main concern with the IPad Pro is how does it handle things like that? Can it download and run any software like the surface pro can? I've also heard many good things about the Dell XPS 13, and am drawn to the 2-in-1 style, so that it will be easier to use as a laptop on my lap or on small tables where the surface might not fit well.

    Any advice from owners of any of these would be greatly appreciated, as it seems they all have their pros and cons, I am at a bit of an impass. The configurations I would want are also all within $100-$200 of each other.

    P.S. the one I want to get most is the IPad Pro, but I want to know if it is worth it, as the magic keyboard is $349, and I need to know if it can run software and office apps like excel and word.

    submitted by /u/-hellogoodbye--
    [link] [comments]

    My work laptop has USB-C, but my wife's doesn't - is there any way to use a bridge/hub and adapters to consolidate our cabling for swapping our machines?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:31 PM PDT

    My work laptop has USB-C, and when I'm on-site at the office we have USB-C based hubs that consolidate our power, monitors, ethernet, etc to just using the USB-C plug. I was looking into getting one for when I'm working from home (2/5 days of the week), but my wife shares the same home office, and her laptop doesn't have USB-C on it. Is there any way to use some combination of hubs and/or adapters to make it easier to swap machines and not have to unplug/replug three or four different devices every time we swap? I know there are USB-A to USB-C adapters, but the ones I've seen have various restrictions on what can be transferred.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/soulreaverdan
    [link] [comments]

    Linking programs together?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Is there a way or a program to be linked together? As in if I open the main program (in this case FFXIV), a user set accompanying program (its parser ACT and the parse log updater) also gets opened the same time?

    submitted by /u/azureflamecloud
    [link] [comments]

    What should my next purchase be for paperless? [tablets/laptops]

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    Didn't know where else to post this, so hopefully it fits in here! I've been watching videos about note taking on tablets/2-in-1s and as a healthcare student who takes a lot of notes that I cannot keep organized, and I am ready to go paperless.

    Current Tech:

    • Desktop used for gaming, graphic/video design, programming, etc.
    • Laptop used while at work/school for note taking, browsing, media streaming, and Microsoft Office. Laptop is unreliable due to hardware malfunction (cannot be physically carried or it shuts down) but is fine spec wise
    • I have an iPhone (may or may not be relevant)

    Tech I am interested in

    • iPad pro 11 inch 64GB - total $1250 ($1100 counting airpod value) - $750 new (student d/c), Pencil 2 ($130), Magic Keyboard ($280), case ($90) - comes with free AirPods ($150 value student)
    • Surface Pro 7 128GB 8 GB RAM - total $1228 - $879 new, Keyboard ($100), OS ($50), "included" Damage protection ($119), Surface pen ($80)
    • Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1 - $1100 for baseline laptop with current deal

    2-in-1s: Pro: lower in price; Con: unconvinced these will be comfortable enough to take notes with

    iPad: Pros: best note-taking offered on any device, unlikely to have hardware/software issues, come with AirPods so I save money on a purchase I was planning to make in the near future

    Cons: Have to hold onto my laptop for specific use cases like Excel, where I might need extra utility on the go

    Surface: Pros: Replaces laptop while still offering tablet capabilities, seems to be a good compromise between 2-in-1s and the iPad. Saves money on needing to replace laptop in the next couple of years if I just get an iPad.

    Cons: Not inspired by its reviews, bezels, and possible software/hardware issues.

    Any opinions or new information is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Lameborghini
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to create/buy a system for client interaction reporting and could use some direction

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Hello! I'm hoping to get some direction. I wasn't sure where to start, so I really appreciate any direction.

    I work in a field that requires me to interact with a lot of folks on a lot of different topics. I am trying to find a way to easily store this information because excel just is getting too clunky, or at least because of my ability.

    Ideally, I'm trying to find some system where I can type in a person's name, address, or phone number and pull up their "card" with a history of my past interactions with them. I also would like to be able to add tags about topics that are relevant to them. I'm not sure if this is an excel, access, or something that is already created that I could just buy. I'd like something that I could potentially share with interns or temp folks who are helping do some data entry.

    Sorry if this doesn't fit here!

    submitted by /u/Throwawaydatabasys
    [link] [comments]

    True wireless audio sharing

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Is there a device that can connect to your phone via Bluetooth and send audio signal to at least 2 wireless earbuds?

    If there isn't one, what's the limiting factor?

    Asking because I was trying to find something similar to an audio jack splitter but completely wireless. I believe this feature is available for iOS 13 and also the latest Samsung phone.

    submitted by /u/shikamaru27
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the best camera setup to film myself sleeping for 7+ hours?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I'd like to film myself sleeping through the night to study my sleep behavior and supplement other sleep tracking efforts. Some challenges I anticipate are:

    • storing such a large, continuous, video file

    • capturing high-resolution footage in the dark. Should I be looking into infrared? If so, how will that impact image quality?

    • frame rate needs to be high enough to effectively analyze movement (ideally even small muscle/eye movements)

    • camera may need to be somewhat far (15ft?) to capture entire bed, maybe there is a wide-angle solution?

    Is there a way I can do this with a gopro or security camera system hooked up to my laptop? I don't want to offend the photography subreddits with my question if it is something I can handle with lower end equipment. I'm not aware of any available off the shelf sleep recording systems.

    Any advice that might help point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

    UPDATE: I found an old thread with some useful info, but I am hoping there may have been some worthwhile tech developments since 2011. Looks like I might be able to use an infrared light source and an HD security camera or webcam. Any suggestions on a camera that would best accommodate this use case? This one seems good, but I'd like to avoid buying from a ghost hunting supplier.

    submitted by /u/theorabke
    [link] [comments]

    When people play fighting games with people online or other games that demand instant response time, how do the developers solve the latency problem? Wouldn't their be a .2 or .3 sec delay? Also Is there a senseless questions thread or is the entire sub free game?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 05:57 PM PDT

    ISPs / Home internet in America

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Something that's caught my attention from something that happened at work today, I'm a network engineer in the UK and over here for home internet connections we have a little cab at the end of the street which connects to our premise then these cabs link back to bigger exchanges which provide us internet. I don't think openreach are prominent in the US I know BT did have some connections in New York

    I've been looking out of curiosity and was just wondering how this is achieved in the US? I've had a look and can see big utility poles with multiple wires tangled round them or underground cables and I'm just trying to find out how home internet is delivered in America and where these go back to (the bigger exchanges) sorry this is long and maybe nonsensical I'll try and explain better if needed. I don't believe you guys have these little cabinets at the end of streets for this type of connection and I'm curious

    submitted by /u/flumpyflump
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for hard shell case for new HP laptop

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I recently purchased a HP 14-dk1074nr, and I've been having a hard time finding a colorful hard shell case for it. It seems like every HP 14" hard shell case I can find doesn't fit this model and before I accepted that I might be SOL on this one, I wanted to see if anyone knew where I might be able to find one.

    TYIA!

    submitted by /u/br0itskatie
    [link] [comments]

    Any way I can transform a m3u8 into mp4 using an android device?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Looking to buy 3x of a tablet to send to my clients to make sure they can join Zoom meetings, and was wondering which was the best bet.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Looking for a remote access safe.

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    This is absurd, but I'd like to kick my habit of video games. Does a remote access lockbox exist? I'd like a buddy to open a safe once a week to release my ps4 controller so we can play together and I'm not tempted when he's not arround.

    submitted by /u/CanYouMilkMeGreg
    [link] [comments]

    How can my ex’s phone be logged in? I changed my password on the 1st of September 2019 and there are no log ins until March? Could she have stayed logged in when I changed my password? Because that is her phone model active on the 7th of July this year?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    On my activity of where I'm logged in it clearly shows her Samsung. However I don't see a log in on the 7th of July. Which leads me to believe that she must have been logged in for longer but I changed my password 1st of September? How is she still on my phone and active on the 7th of July?

    submitted by /u/SnooTigers5332
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Galaxy A20 bluetooth issues

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    So, my Galaxy A20 just recently having issues with the audio cutting out on my headphones when my phone gets more than a few feet away from the device, it works just fine if the phone is in my hands in front of my face, but as soon as I put it in my pocket the audio becomes choppy.

    Originally I thought it had to do with my headphones but after testing 2 seperate bluetooth audio devices it was still having the same issue.

    Any advice would be awesome thanks guys

    Edit: it seems to be the location I was in that was inhibiting it because when I'm at home it works fine, but why would you need cell service for Bluetooth to function?

    submitted by /u/aacce31812
    [link] [comments]

    Installing a 'Filter' on my Modem from Rogers (Canada) - Necessary? Good? Bad?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    My internet cut out yesterday, and they had to come out today to fix it. They swapped out the cable (coaxial) connection outside of my house, and fixed the issue instantly. I noticed my download speed when up a little bit.

    Just before leaving, the technician handed me a coaxial filter to install on the back of my modem. I am to unscrew the connection to my modem, screw in this filter, then screw the coaxial cable in to the other side of the filter. He pointed to the telephone line and said, the connection is too strong at the moment, and this filter needs to be installed.

    They are not entering houses unless absolutely necessary due to COVID, so he left it to me.

    Do I need to install this in order to keep my modem functioning properly? Is this simply meant to throttle my internet speeds? What is the function of this 'filter'?

    I will provide a picture of it if need be, but I am hoping this is a generic thing that people will know exactly what I am talking about.

    submitted by /u/antonstaz
    [link] [comments]

    Can you change your password on Instagram without logging out of other devises?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    I cannot login to my remote access software using wifi

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    I can login to it when using mobile hotspot but not when my wifi is connected. What could be the reason? Somebody please help me resolve this.

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/alifashf
    [link] [comments]

    Can I change my password on Instagram without logging out of other devises?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment