• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    Tech Support - Changing Cisco port from Layer 2 to Layer 3 drops connection

    Tech Support - Changing Cisco port from Layer 2 to Layer 3 drops connection


    Changing Cisco port from Layer 2 to Layer 3 drops connection

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am trying to set up a new Cisco 350 series switch. It has the bare, default config on it.

    When I change the port from layer 2 to layer 3 I can no longer connect to the web GUI or switch. PINGs fail and even though I have a static IP on my network adapter, there is no traffic.

    I am new to administering switches so was hoping you guys may have some advice for where I'm going wrong.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/WildSexandCigarettes
    [link] [comments]

    Disposable chat

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Is there like any group chat services that expire after some time?

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Need to upgrade my specs, got questions

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    So ive had to reset this PC loads of times. not due to virus's but due to hardware problems had the whole MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION blue screen error which is a hardware and memory error. But I just restored it for the last time and I downloaded "Driver booster" to update my drivers cause even before the update, It wasn't working good. but I'm gonna post my specs here and the kind of PC that I have. It's a MUST i must upgrade. I play a few games on here but I mostly use this PC for music. So if you guys could tell me what best kind of upgrading things I should and could get, that be pretty amazing. I might just swap a new hardrive while I'm at it too.

    Dell Inspiron 5680

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 3.60 GHz

    installed RAM 8.00GB

    NVDIA GeForce GTX 1050

    Let me know if I need to add anything else.

    submitted by /u/wildazuri
    [link] [comments]

    What would prevent me from getting tier-1 (backbone) internet for my neighborhood and splitting it up for everyone (every home) to use?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    This is more of a curiosity than anything else. We are moving to a new community and basically the ISP choices suck. So I was just curious to see what the hurdles would be for supplying tier-1 service to the immediate neighborhood. I realize getting everyone's commitment would be the first step. There is already a "networking station" set up in the center of the neighborhood (brand new neighborhood). All homes had fiber run to them during construction and the ISPs only own the equipment they install at your home (apparently). Everything else was installed and paid for during construction (apparently). I know nothing about this. I'm just curious. A neighbor was telling me about the network station and the fiber runs. No idea how accurate that is.

    submitted by /u/nism0o3
    [link] [comments]

    Do Remote Access Softwares track activity whilst disconnected/offline?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    So I had a question brought to my mind recently as I have been working from home using the company's remote access software installed on my personal laptop (company did not provide business laptops for this).

    While I don't do anything particularly nefarious outside of listen to music on youtube, talk with old mates on discord and play D&D, this doesn't change the fact I'd prefer not to have software on my computer tracking my activities whilst offline, especially my conversations with friends. I couldn't really find any information on the subject. Please advise.

    submitted by /u/Kasus_Cloud
    [link] [comments]

    Do anyone know this

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    out of curiosity, saw this on Youtube and wonder how they did it?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjCMP_L_Xs

    submitted by /u/LukeCrease
    [link] [comments]

    Video Calling Without Internet

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Hi all! I'm wondering if someone could potentially help me or point me in the right direction.

    I was looking for a possible solution (or wondering if it's possible) to do video calls without internet (Facebook portal, Amazon show).

    My grandmother lives out in the country and doesn't have internet. There's also really no cell coverage, so that's pretty hit or miss in terms of reception. She does have a cell phone but it's a very basic flip phone where video calling isn't possible.

    TIA!

    Edit thanks to u/scientific_railroads: how to get internet in remote location

    submitted by /u/aj_fish
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally replaced a png file

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    I was saving a picture on my laptop and gave it the same name as another one I had. My laptop then asked if I wanted to replace the png file with the one I was saving and I accidentally accepted. Is there a way I can recover the replaced picture? I already checked the recycle bin, but it wasn't there. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/solangii_
    [link] [comments]

    Can you change Instagram password without logging out of other devises?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Short circuit USB power in a powerbank

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I was bored(dumped) so I shorted circuit my USB power pins (1st and 4th) in my energizer power bank for more than 30s. Then I tried to charge via the two outputs but none of them works. I tried to keep it charging but i felt it doesn't accept the charger and the LED indicator was lighting constantly instead of blinking while charging. after 30 min of charging i pressed the button but none of the 4 LEDs indicators lighting but when i put it in charge just one LED light constantly. NEED HELP PLZ !!

    submitted by /u/saifjarboui
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to see others screens on your own wifi network?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I think my old roommate was viewing my screen on our WiFi network. I had Facebook messenger out and someone was writing to another person as me.

    submitted by /u/gtrell1991
    [link] [comments]

    Comparing tablet capabilities

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Alright, so I'm a noob when it comes to technology and I don't know how to understand the specs associated with it (RAM, CPU, whatever). Basically, I'm looking at a tablet for basic purposes (online learning via coursera, news apps, reading books, etc.) I can either get the Amazon Fire HD 10 32 GB for $99 or I can buy a First Gen iPad Air (I think 16 GB) from a friend for like $40. For my purposes, should I just get the cheaper iPad Air? Do they have similar capabilities in terms of the hardware? It has no issues/cracks/etc. and I don't intend it to last for years and years

    submitted by /u/frank_reynolds__
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Windows need to restart if I want to update?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    We all know the dreaded windows updates which might strike while you're doing something if you leave it too long, or it fires off the update and then automatically turns the computer back on so you need to wait so that you can turn it off properly.

    Why is it that some updates allow you to "update and shutdown" the computer and they can resume whenever you start up again but others can only be installed with an "update and restart"?

    You know when you accidentally restart instead of shutdown so you smother the pc to after it closes down but before it starts up again to interrupt the restart so you can just leave it?

    What would actually happen if I interrupted the restart during the update install?

    Edit to Clarify... What I mean is that sometimes there are 2 options

    1. Update and Shutdown
    2. Update and Restart

    The update starts on the shutdown and finishes on the next bootup regardless of whether it restarts instantly or if you don't touch the laptop for 2 weeks.

    But sometimes there is only 1 option

    1. Update and Restart

    Which people then put off.

    submitted by /u/NuclearRobotHamster
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram log in activity!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:51 PM PDT

    If It says I am logged in on another device that was active on the 7th of July. Does that mean they are still logged in but were active on the 7th of July? Because I have no record of a log in or log out on the access data of log in activity. Please explain? Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/SnooTigers5332
    [link] [comments]

    Security cameras and Wifi compatibility?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    I am looking to buy a security camera for my home. It is "2.4Ghz Wifi Only". I am getting my internet set up soon and have no idea what this means. Can someone explain what this means? HOw do I find out if i have 2.4Ghz?

    submitted by /u/Slow-Guava-4099
    [link] [comments]

    hello! I know nothing about the technological world so help!

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    So I've been wanting wireless earbuds for awhile and I REALLY want airpods but they're so expensive :((( so before I buy them, are there any really good dupes or do I have to pay $130?

    submitted by /u/yaisdnna
    [link] [comments]

    crop bleed from pdf (exact)

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    i have a document that has around 15mm bleed but the place where i want to print it wants 3mm bleed but i have no idea how to cut exact from all the sides so i have 3mm bleed remaining. i don't have any pdf programs and the online ones only let you draw what you want to keep but this isn't exactly exact. any help`?

    submitted by /u/comicbooksven
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment