• Breaking News

    Monday, June 29, 2020

    Tech Support - Why hasn't anybody come up with a notebook+tablet detachable solution in which the notebook runs Windows and the tablet (when detached) runs Android

    Tech Support - Why hasn't anybody come up with a notebook+tablet detachable solution in which the notebook runs Windows and the tablet (when detached) runs Android


    Why hasn't anybody come up with a notebook+tablet detachable solution in which the notebook runs Windows and the tablet (when detached) runs Android

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    So the combo is already on the market but they are all Windows based. Asus has a bunch of them

    Meaning you can detach the screen and using it as a tablet with Windows 10 tablet function.

    Problem is, that thing is useless, why hasn't anybody managed to build a combo which has the tablet running Android natively but inputs the video signal when connected to the main body and thus shows Windows

    submitted by /u/AjaxFC1900
    [link] [comments]

    I would like windows 10 but i don't want to spend a lot of money one it.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    Lots of new games coming out is requiring windows 10 to work. I needed to update my drivers to run the new doom but couldn't because they were only available to windows 10. Also war zone requires it to run. I have found this link where it says its free https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/ but I don't want to screw my PC up because i downloaded malware or something. Is there a way I could tell if its legit. I also know you can find cheep keys on eBay but my friend says that I need an upgrade key and not a download key. I honestly don't know the difference so if someone has a good link it would be much appreciated. I am currently ruining on windows 8.1 if that helps. Sorry if I sound a little dumb trying to learn.

    Side note: Windows 10 is on sale in the Microsoft store. If i were to buy and download this should i back up all of my files?

    submitted by /u/awrogers22
    [link] [comments]

    Any good website/software to make a basic price list poster?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    Helping my dad out to make a price list on the services he does on his nail salon and can't seem to find a good site to make one. I used Word to make a COVID-19 Reopening guidelines and it came out pretty ok but I want to make the price list more professional.

    Here's some example what I was talking about.

    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71pFLdn%2ByDL._SY741_.jpg

    https://www.nailsalonprinting.com/price_list_big/price_list_thumb/salon_pricelist2.jpg

    submitted by /u/HotEquipment4
    [link] [comments]

    Cross platform way to remove meta data from media files ?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    Can TVs be infested with bugs ?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    I got a tv and I have an infestation of bugs in my room;should I be worried about bugs getting in and infesting a tv?

    submitted by /u/Ojjelly
    [link] [comments]

    what will be able to utilize the new 8K TV's?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    I feel like if I remember correctly, didn't it take awhile before you could even stream movies on 4K after it was "released"?

    Obviously this coming new generation of gaming consoles is finally gonna use it, but with the way the commercial for the 8KTV was worded, it sounded alot like the "upscaled", asterisked , not-legit 4K the PS4 Pro was tryna sell us on

    submitted by /u/courtesy_flush_plz
    [link] [comments]

    Please answer

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    I have a question, is it possible to install the Rainbow Six Siege Pc edition on an Xboxone x if you install Linux on the Xbox?

    submitted by /u/YadaYeetYadaBeet
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to browse a website through your phone without data?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I stumbled across this video which claims that people can browse their site in areas where there's no mobile data. However, it doesn't quite explain the back-end process. I'm curious if any of you techheads would be able to enlighten me on how this whole process actually works. Thanks

    submitted by /u/thedirtyprojector
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a glitch with snapchat message?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I sent a snap and it said opened Person replied and I opened it and it said "Received" didnt reply back (Forgot its too late cant go back now) but I had to reinstall snapchat and now that same message says opened with the red arrow instead of received with the blue arrow. Anyway to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Doodooltala01
    [link] [comments]

    How many times more powerful is an average $1k laptop in 2020 than the same from 2010?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Where, in a network between an ISP and a users modem, is the bandwidth set to match a users plan?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:18 PM PDT

    Let's say that I have a 150/50 plan with my ISP. In what part of the network is that speed being enforced? At the ISP server facility or on the way to my house somewhere?

    submitted by /u/ehm__
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good (and cheap) tracking device I can hide in a potted plant?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    So.. this may sound weird but as the title implies I'm looking for a small and discrete tracking chip that I can hide in an outdoor potted plant?

    I had someone randomly steal my beloved desert rose that I had on my front porch and I want to get another but this time I would like to possibly catch any future thiefs by tracking another stolen plant. Figure I could bury a device at the bottom of the pot and then track it again if stolen. Lol sounds crazy but I wanna catch this bastard.

    submitted by /u/biernas
    [link] [comments]

    What is the port on some tvs that are an alternative of a av port?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    The port is green

    submitted by /u/colbyjohn08
    [link] [comments]

    Phone calls not answering on iPhone XR

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    So whenever I receive an incoming call I will answer it but it still makes the ringing noise indicating that I haven't answered the call even though the display shows that I clearly have. This has been ongoing for about a week now and I cannot receive any calls.

    Thanks for any help, also I wasn't to sure where to ask this so if r/IPhone would be better please let me know

    submitted by /u/joshhirst28
    [link] [comments]

    Safe to dowboload from 123Movies or Putlocker?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Is it safe to downoload and watch movies from websites like 123movies and putlocker? Ive always wondered if its legal, beacuse its very easy to acsess those sites. Anyone knows?

    submitted by /u/abknullamordo
    [link] [comments]

    Touchscreen HP Chromebook vs Dell 7400 Latitude

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    As a student, which one would be better to have?

    submitted by /u/Melanie786
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications not appearing on Android

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    My grandma has a cheap little Alcatel smartphone with Android 7, her notifications are not appearing at all. Not on the lock screen, not in the notification shade. However her notifications are making a noise (whenever I send a text it dings, just the notif won't pop up). I've done all I've personally could've tried. Making sure DND is off, turning off battery optimizations, resetting all notification setting to default, restarting the phone, updated all her apps. Is her little WalMart smartphone just done for?

    submitted by /u/Nick4X
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a disc unreadable without scratching or breaking it?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Best way to ethically spam LinkedIn?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi friends. I asked this at r/web_design but didn't get any bites.

    I need to create a fake/dummy LinkedIn page for a couple of months to use as a dynamic prop in a professional skills course I'm running.

    Would the easiest thing to do be to just create a fake LinkedIn profile and delete it when I'm done? I don't particularly want to spam the site, or confuse people who try to connect with my avatar. I've got basic proficiency in HTML and CSS - is there an option to use their source code and edit it that way without creating a profile?

    submitted by /u/jimmythemini
    [link] [comments]

    Connect a Camcorder to PC to copy the video from it

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    I've got this old camcorder Sharp vl-a111 (https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/25020278896), which takes old Hi8 tapes.

    The audio and video output on the camcorder are a yellow and white RCA connector.

    Is it possible to somehow connect it to a PC and record the video?

    I'm assuming it just having a white output connector (as opposed to red and white) means the sound will be in mono?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/coinstandinopal
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Using a Sprint LG V50 on T-Mobile?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    So is anyone using a Sprint LG V50 on T-Mobile Service? Thinking about getting one Brand New with warranty on eBay for $360.

    However I hear that VoLTE and WiFi calling don't work and that it suffers from slower Network speeds even on 4G LTE. I don't really care if it works with 5G or not. I currently have a T-Mobile LG V30 and thinking about upgrading. I'm torn between a LG V40 and V50. Don't really care to get the V60 for various reasons.

    I can get a new T-Mobile V40 for about $200-300 or used/mint/good/great cond for about $150-200. I also heard from a few people that the V40 suffers from poor battery life, something to do with the 845 SD. I guess the V30 & V50 didn't have this issue?

    Lastly I heard that with root you can fix VoLTE and WiFi calling but I don't think the Sprint or VZW V50 are currently Root able. Someone also said that once TMO & Sprint merger is complete that the V50 VoLTE and WiFi calling may work on the V50. What you guys think, get a V50 to be more future proof or be safe and get a TMO V40 which I know will work.

    Thanks and have a wonderful day!! God's Blessings and Stay Safe and Healthy 🙏❣️❣️ l

    Matthew 6:31-34 New Living Translation 31 "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

    34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.

    submitted by /u/qktreasures
    [link] [comments]

    I have been on to Facebook for years.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    I have been on to Facebook for years. I have been saving videos and screenshots for years. I can prove it is not conservatives who are being oppressed but liberals. I can also prove Facebook is instigating a war. I have contacted many reporters and investigators as well as Facebook its self. Is there an investigation going on? Somewhere I can submit this info?

    submitted by /u/lisajean1234
    [link] [comments]

    Why does transferring from one drive to another fluctuate in the speed of the process?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Just transferring a game from internal HDD to an external SSD. Why does it transfer at 130MB/s, then suddenly just 30MB/s, then up, then down. Especially at the first 10% and then at the last 90% it goes particularly slowly. Why?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Etzello
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment