• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Tech Support - Is there a site that can give approximate release dates of upcoming gadgets/tech? Anything from CPU's to Earbuds etc.

    Tech Support - Is there a site that can give approximate release dates of upcoming gadgets/tech? Anything from CPU's to Earbuds etc.


    Is there a site that can give approximate release dates of upcoming gadgets/tech? Anything from CPU's to Earbuds etc.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Windows Seven and 10 keep running CHKDISK on each others.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    I'm currently in the process of slowly moving from seven to X, and they're currently installed on two different SSDs. I also have two HDDs which are shared by both. My problem is that every time I launch Seven it tries to run a scan disk on everything, and every time I launch X it suggests me to scan the drives for errors. I let them do what they wanted a few times but they just keep on asking. Any advices on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/ScrapJackx9
    [link] [comments]

    Can my employer view synced chrome history on my personal account?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I have a work account and a personal account. I use the work account on my work computer only and the personal account on my work and personal computer.

    There are sites that I visit and conversations that I have on my personal computer that I do not want my employer to know about: e.g. looking for jobs, political sites, NSFW sites. I do not visit any of these sites on my work laptop. However when I logged into my personal account on my work laptop, my history popped up in the browser.

    At this point I decided not to use any personal account on my work computer, because I really don't like this. But, can my employer access my history through however google chrome syncs browser history?

    submitted by /u/11010001101001
    [link] [comments]

    What to do if my calculator miscalculated?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 01:53 AM PDT

    So, I've been practicing for my math exam and then I was putting in the calculations - which I then input them into the answer bar (Khan Academy). It happened that my calculations were wrong. So, I rewrote the same thing into my phone calculator and it gave me the solution that was the answer. What should I do, I'm not allowed to use phones in class.

    submitted by /u/nickdapeepachu
    [link] [comments]

    PC shuts off when disconnected from the...ethernet?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Thanks for taking the time to look at this. I am in a bit of a tough situation, as my wife (who works remotely) is trying to set up at her fathers house in FL, while I live in WA, so I have been trying to troubleshoot via phone and texts. I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but I this is stumping the internet from my searches.

    OK, here is what happens:

    • We need to move the modem&router to a different room. Simple enough operation.

    • When we remove the ethernet cable from the PC, or the power supply from the router, her dad's PC just DIES. Dead. Doesn't start back up unless it is connected. Can't turn it back on without being connected.

    Now, I know old people love installing superfluous things on their comps, and have no idea what has been installed on this, but it makes my brain hurt thinking that the PC's power has anything to do with the internet. Is it drivers? Do I need to update the BIOS? Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/crucialmind
    [link] [comments]

    is it bad to have 100% of the disc used? in the way of writing stuff

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:10 PM PDT

    Thinking of switching back to iPhone after 2 years of using the Note10÷, Can I get some questions answered?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Title.

    I switched to Samsung because I wanted more freedom with my device, but I'm realizing that yeah the customization is cool and all and it's cool that I can download and run my Gameboy emulators, but I never really notice it or use it that often.

    For some reason I have this pull towards iPhone after seeing the iOS 14 reveal at WWDC, and I'm kind of stuck in a rut.

    So here are some questions I have:

    • Has the camera on iPhones gotten better than Samsung or are they comparable?
    • Is there a way that I can run emulators on iPhone or is that out of the question? (Not super important)
    • Are iPhone prices worth it? I paid about $1000 for my Note10+ 256gb, but I see that the iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb is about $1250.
    • Is the whole Apple Ecosystem still "predatory"? I know they used to push the "It's Apple or nothing" agenda in terms of compatibility.
    • Would It be easy to switch to an iPhone from an Android? I know it was pretty simple going from iPhone to Android.

    Thank you all. I appreciate your answers.

    Edit: I'm a little hesitant about the notch though I'm not going to lie.

    submitted by /u/MrMichailF
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose a laptop charger? Does wattage matter?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    submitted by /u/Melanie786
    [link] [comments]

    Duck duck go question

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    I started using Duck Duck go for search because I thought it was a little more private than Google. Recently I went to a site, clicked on an item to look at, then the company emailed me, thanking me for looking at the item. Is that due to the site having cookies, or Duck duck go? I have ordered from the site once, so they have my email, but I was not signed in. Just curious. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/starla1835
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend any type of Facebook eraser extension or tool?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    I've seen variations of this question, but most seem outdated and as Facebook updates their policies I'm sure so do the use of these extensions etc.

    Essentially what I'd like is to delete every post, comment, like, etc off Facebook while still maintaining the account with maybe one profile picture and my friends list in an automated way.

    I've searched around but Social Book Post Manager seems to fail me and so does Social Erase. I'm techie enough to be able to navigate some scrip etc but looking for some direction on anything that people have had success with.

    If manual deletion is the only other way to go, then here's a quarantine activity I didn't think I'd embark on.

    submitted by /u/Plane-Thought
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be able to edit in Lightroom + Photoshop,open at the same time,without lags on macbook pro 2019 with intel i5 and Iris plus Graphics 645?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Jabra headset

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I have a headset at my office that I'm bringing home (as we're all now working at home). It's a Jabra and connects (wired) to my desk phone and laptop, and can switch back and forth. It doesn't have Bluetooth - I cant connect it to my mobile phone directly.

    Now that I'm at home all of my calls are on my mobile. Is there a device that would allow me to connect my mobile phone to the headset so I can use it for phone calls?

    submitted by /u/cpomeyvr
    [link] [comments]

    Secure American based email services

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    So im looking for a free security minded email address and would like it to be based in the US. However it seems like so many people trash american based services saying theres no way theyre actually secure. Does anyone have some insight or perspective on this topic? I'd really like to get away from google...

    submitted by /u/elvishblood_24
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless HDMI connection from a different room? Use desktop to watch movies.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I'm installing a new projector in our home. I would ideally like to stream from my computer... Unfortunately, I have a desktop in a different room in the house.

    So, question: What is the best way to stream from the computer in my office to the projector in my room? It could be through the LAN, internet Bluetooth... but I would prefer the input to the projector to be wireless. I'm mainly looking for the image to watch movies, but if I can fully use my computer from my room (i.e. wireless mouse, keyboard, and projector) that would be ideal!

    Bonus: I also have a laptop, so if the streaming can seamlessly go from the desktop to the laptop, that would be even better! (laptop is not always with me so can't make it default device for movies)

    I don't mind if it has a dealy delay, since I'm not gaming, but I don't want to buffer.

    I don't know if this even exists... but it seems like such an obvious thing that people would want. If it doesn't would you guys recommend any alternative?


    I have considered:

    • Google Chromecast/Firestick/Roku but as far as I understand it's not full streaming, it can only stream "Cast-enabled apps" (or whatever equivalnent) which is a big no-no for me. I have a fully functioning computer. I don't want a semi-functioning media device that restricts me to the media they want to support.

    • I looked at the Airtame. Looks good but too expensive ($400). It seems like this is for professional use. I already splurged with the projector, don't think I can justify this one. Does this exists for home use (i.e. cheaper)

    • I considered options found in amazon, but they seem more expensive than I expected and have abismal review!

    submitted by /u/diyuser
    [link] [comments]

    Tablet flashing, hope it can be fixed

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I like to watch my tablet at night and I used to be able to turn the brightness all the way down. Now when I do, the screen flashes mostly purple. I have to turn the brightness almost all the way up and it still flashes, but not purple. If I'm on youtube for example, some videos make the flashing worse, some are better. If I minimize the screen and watch the video there is less or no flashing as long as the brightness is high. Not sure if this can be fixed or what the problem is.

    submitted by /u/starla1835
    [link] [comments]

    Should I switch to an Iphone 11 or get a new Oneplus 8 Pro?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    Starting a new job at the hospital and will be using phone heavily for work, but hospital doesn't provide phones. I'm a lifelong android user but I'm familiar with apple because of a macbook and Ipad. Does anyone have any tips why one might be better than the other? Wasn't sure if this was the place to post.

    submitted by /u/raaheyahh
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use External Gpu for my laptop to play high end pc games

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    I wanna know Can i use external gpu for my laptop? The real Question is that is it worthy to do so ??

    My Laptop Specs Are

    Core i7 7th Gen 2.9Ghz (4 CPUs)

    16gb RAM DDR 4

    180gb ssd + 500 hdd

    Intel Hd ghraphics 620

    Is it worthy to use RX 580 8GB ? I wanna Play games??

    submitted by /u/PcDreamer21
    [link] [comments]

    Solution for switching between two PCs

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:21 AM PDT

    Hi all

    I am revamping my WFH setup and need a method to switch my monitors and peripherals between my personal gaming laptop and corporate laptop.

    Monitor A: displayport 144hz 1080p Monitor B: hdmi 60hz 1080p

    Is there a way to setup all these so I can switch everything between each PC on the fly? I have read I might need a KVM switch and an hdmi/displayport hub but not sure.

    Please do not suggest I build a desktop PC.

    Thanks for all the help.

    submitted by /u/Letromo55
    [link] [comments]

    Smart WiFi compatible Blu-ray player

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    Mine recently crapped out and I've looked everywhere online and even in multiple stores. The stores I went to had the smallest selection, and only wired versions of DVD players. No store had the WiFi Blu-ray ones. Also the ones I have found online are insanely priced (the one I have that just crapped out is selling brand new for $250 when I bought it for $45 3 years ago) DOES ANYONE KNOW WTF IS THE REASON BEHIND ALL THIS?!

    submitted by /u/rm311
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment