• Breaking News

    Friday, June 12, 2020

    Tech Support - Why can't you play a song to leave on someone's voicemail?

    Tech Support - Why can't you play a song to leave on someone's voicemail?


    Why can't you play a song to leave on someone's voicemail?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    I haven't tried in a few years, but I have tried more than once to leave a voicemail of me singing and playing guitar, only to have the voicemail system cut me off very quickly (20 seconds?). When just talking, obviously I can leave much longer messages than that. Do voicemail systems have some kind of tech that listens for human voice?

    Sorry if this isn't the right place! I Googled this and came up with zilch.

    submitted by /u/substream00
    [link] [comments]

    Is there risk of an infected chrome extension compromising the whole machine?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    This morning I discovered that one of my chrome extensions (Auto refresher) on my work Mac has been infected with malware so when I fired my mac up this morning I was presented with various adult hookup sites inserted in between my regular work tabs.

    Chrome identified it as malware (after a while) and blocked it, and I removed it and ran our antivirus and anti malware which came up green.

    However i'm just wondering if there's any chance the extension could have done something elsewhere on the machine that could potentially cause issues or spread through our vpn?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Rectal_Scattergun
    [link] [comments]

    Matlab installer uses GPU? Can you explain?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Hello there,

    Does anyone have an idea why the Matlab installer uses GPU during the download phase of the installation process?

    This is a screenshot from my task manager: https://imgur.com/a/c2veK8Q

    I find it really odd, so, can anyone explain why this happens?

    submitted by /u/I_MAY_BE_STALKED
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to competely shut off all RGB lights in my PC?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    I know I'm probably upsetting all the young gamers out there, but I need to do this for sleep. I'm ok with them on in the day, but even after I go to bed and my PC sleeps, the lights on the GPU and motherboard stay on. Hell, I even shut down my PC and my motherboard is still glowing.

    Is there an easy way to do this, like a switch in some Windows 10 setting? I have the software for both and I've found lots of settings for the lights, but not one that seems to actually turn the lights off.

    My GPU: MSI GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 8GB

    My motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX

    submitted by /u/Master_Vicen
    [link] [comments]

    What do I buy?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    Hello, I am a college student looking to purchase a Laptop that hopefully covers many bases. I would use it for school obviously, but I also host zoom meetings where I need to simultaneously run 3-4 applications as well as obs. I have a dslr that I plan on using through a camlink if that matters. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/JZREZ
    [link] [comments]

    Messenger app takes several minutes to "refresh" on my phone

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Most of the time I use messenger on my PC, but whenever I load up the app on my phone, it isn't up to date. So it spends the next few minutes "refreshing" all of the messages that were sent and received since the last time I opened it on my phone.

    I am forced to sit there and watch each conversation receive "new" messages until it's caught up.

    Is this just a problem with the Messenger app (possibly because I'm using the browser and phone versions separately), or could it be a problem with my phone? For the record, I've had the same phone (Moto G5+) for a few years and only started encountering this issue a couple months ago.

    submitted by /u/Froyo3652
    [link] [comments]

    My PS4 internal hard drive was secreting liquid

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    Just as the title says, when I turned on my PS4 today, I received error code CE-34335-8. Upon troubleshooting, support states that there is something wrong with the hard drive. I opened up my ps4 to discover that there is some form of liquid all over my hard drive. I had no idea what it was, but I immediately cleaned it off with a paper towel and anywhere inside the ps4. My question is, is there any reason for Tue drive to secrete this, or is it foul play? Also, what are some work arounds to this error, if anyone knows?

    submitted by /u/Ace_08
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade Help

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    Help (I'm asking any appropriate subreddit) (From r/buildapc ) This isn't a new build, but an upgrade. I have an old HP Envy m6 p113dx from my sister. It ran horribly, then I factory reset it and ran some bios diagnostics, it doesn't randomly crash, but it still runs slow. Specs: CPU: AMD fx 8800p Memory: 6 gb 800mhz ddr3 Graphics: Radeon R7 integrated Display: 1336x768 touch screen Storage: 1TB 5400 rpm hdd I'm planning on upgrading it with a new 480-512 gb wd ssd, and 16gb 1600 MHz ddr3 Micron from EBay. I've never done an upgrade or build before, but know a decent amount about computers, and watched a lot of videos. I also found the repair manual online. I'm wondering, should I take it to a repair shop, or do it my self (which I want to do), and any tips, warnings, and/or advice? I also checked if the motherboard could accept the upgrade, and I opened it to clean and check if it could be upgraded. The current ram is 1 4gb stick and a 2gb stick. This pc also won't be a main, I have an acer nitro 5 with ssd upgrade from Best Buy, it will hopefully be for school. I also think it's out of store warranty because it's 4-5 years old.

    submitted by /u/ComanderCrypto
    [link] [comments]

    What can realistically happen from using an online youtube to mp3 converter in the way of malware or viruses on a mac?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    Good internet in a rural area?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    Apologies if this is not the right sub for this question.

    Me and my fiancé have recently moved into a rural area. We have been looking for internet services, but the only things we can get are AT&T fixed wireless at 250GB a month, or Viasat and HughesNet.

    My fiancé is in grad school, and does a few hours of zoom meetings almost every day. I am an avid gamer, but I know I may not be able to play much, especially on 250GB a month.

    I know Viasat and HughesNet will throttle data after like 50GB, and a Warzone update may be around 30GB so that might not be ideal.

    Does anyone know a possible idea for Internet usage or plans? I know I might have to give up gaming, as much as I hate to say.

    Any help or ideas or thoughts would be vastly appreciated.

    Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/rbrazell11
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best video editor for Chromebook/Google Play?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    First of all, sorry if this is the wrong subreddit to post to. I have no other ideas on where to post this.

    The title says it all. I need an easy and cheap video editor for my Chromebook, preferably on Google Play. There are some requirements that I have for finding one.

    • Cheap - I get google play money through gift cards, so, I need a video editor under $30.
    • User Friendly - I need one where I can easily know all the features, and not go on the internet for an hour finding out how to use it.
    • Easy Access/Uploading to YouTube - This is just for me to upload my videos where I can easily share them.

    There are also some other minor requirements that I want, but it is not necessary.

    • Adding Gradients
    • No Watermarks
    • Low Lag

    That's it. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/That_One_Oboe
    [link] [comments]

    Switching between laptop and desktop with all accessories

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:18 PM PDT

    I am not sure how to switch my dual monitor and keyboard + mouse between my Macbook Pro and desktop efficiently. My two monitors have a DisplayPort and 2 HDMI ports. I was thinking about doing the following:

    - Buy a USB-C adapter with at least 2 HDMI ports to hook up MBP to monitors

    - Have DisplayPorts from monitor to desktop to connect them.

    - Buy a switch connector for keyboard + mouse to switch between laptop and desktop

    Is this the best way to connect my devices? I was hoping to buy some adapter or dock to not have so many wires going to laptop and desktop for the monitors, but it seems like the docks are either too pricey or are not that efficient for gaming (which I'll be doing on desktop).

    submitted by /u/AccomplishedBerry
    [link] [comments]

    Help with multiple monitor setup

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Hello, we are trying to do a multiple monitor setup for my father's work computer Lenovo Yoga 710. He is attempting to split it into 2 different displays. Any help is appreciated. I don't remember multiple displays being this complicated 😅

    submitted by /u/MikeTheInfantKicker
    [link] [comments]

    Privacy-Respecting Weather App?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    TWC and Accuweather have abysmal practices when it comes to user privacy.

    Where can I get weather without submitting to the Borg these days?

    submitted by /u/bearlick
    [link] [comments]

    How to access individual files of a backup on a WD easy store external hard drive?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    As title reads, I have a backup of my mom's laptop, and she has photos, recipes, documents that she wants to pick through to have certain ones on her new laptop, but still save the other stuff on the external drive so it doesn't clog up her new computer. It only gives me the option to restore the backup, but I don't want to put everything on it. I don't really understand how external hard drives work, but I was hoping it would be like a usb drive where We could go into "desktop" and find the photo or file that was previously saved on desktop. Anyone able to help or explain this to me?

    submitted by /u/Mk246245
    [link] [comments]

    I need a screen to attach to my laptop so when I work from home I can work from a proper monitor, and I also need a TV to put my Xbox on. Can I use the same screen? And if so what's good my dudes?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    I have a website, and I want to block it from certain IP Addresses

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    I have a website in stealth mode right now, and I don't want my competitors to visit my website. Is there anyway that I can block requests to view my website if they are coming from certain IP addresses? Also is there anyway I could pay Google to not show my results to my competitors?

    submitted by /u/SellingWhileBrown
    [link] [comments]

    How do you know what USB-C cable to buy?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I have a Lenovo C740 laptop and recently just purchased the asus vx279c monitor.

    The monitor has a usb-c (displayport) connection, and my laptop has 2 usb-c ports and 1 usb-a port.

    The monitor did not come with a usb-c cable, but I noticed my work macbook power adapter used a usb-c to usb-c cable so I tried using it.

    When I connected my laptop to the monitor, it started to charge but it did not display anything on the monitor.

    Is this the wrong type of usb-c cable to use? I wasn't aware until today that there were different types. And if so, how do I search for the correct one? Amazon doesn't really give specific info on usb-c cables, they all seem generic.

    Should this monitor laptop setup even work?

    submitted by /u/Vagina_Titan
    [link] [comments]

    Ping problems

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I will try to keep this as short as possible.

    So, in the last couple of weeks, my ping in online games have been terrible, its usually about 49 ms, but now its jumping to 6k, and i dont see reason why would this happen. I thought it was my internet, but then i tried playing the same games on my other computer, and ping was constantly 50, which is perfect. Both pc's are connected to the internet with ethernet cable, both cables are new, not even a scratch.

    I tried to fix it by changing my ip adress, changing dns, updating my drivers, updating games. I dont know what to do.

    submitted by /u/RavensFlight488
    [link] [comments]

    Live-stream hosting question

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    I work for a government organization that live-streams our board meetings via YouTube. During our most recent meeting, our board was discussing a very contentious issue, and there was a group of viewers very unhappy with the decision our board made. Soon after our stream was killed by YouTube for reports of "Community guidelines violations or copyrighted content". My best guess is that the disgruntled members of the public mass-reported our live-stream and got it taken down.

    While the only people they really hurt were themselves (by no longer being able to view the rest of the meeting), it does pose a bit of a legal issue, as our live-stream is the only way for the public to attend meetings due to COVID-19.

    My question is, is there any way to prevent this kind of reporting abuse? Or is there another live-stream host besides YouTube which could work better for our purposes and with which this kind of abuse isn't possible?

    submitted by /u/Nighthorns
    [link] [comments]

    Screenshots get pixelated when sent

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    I've had a friend whose phone always did this and it was annoying and now, just within the past week or so, mine has started to do this seemingly for no reason. I haven't changed any settings that I can think of and it has never done this to me in the past.

    I have a Galaxy s20. I've looked this up and I can't find a good answer, I know people will say it's your service that compresses your multimedia messages and all that and that's cool but this literally just started and has never done it in the past so I don't think that is what's causing it unless they just recently lowered their multimedia limit.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/FlanTravolta
    [link] [comments]

    Tools to use M-Search on Windows

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    I've learned about Roku's ECP and would like to see if my device responds. According to the article I need to do the following, but what program(s) can I use to do so?

    "To query for a Roku device IP address, send the following HTTP request to 239.255.255.250 port 1900:

    M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1 Host: 239.255.255.250:1900 Man: "ssdp:discover" ST: roku:ecp 
    submitted by /u/Cade_Connelly_13
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know the best Chinese knock off web cam on Amazon?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Since we're all getting use to the "new normal", we also have to get use to the new standard of web cams. I need several for a few employees but can't find a decent brand. The standard was a Logitech C920 but that's obviously no longer an option. I see a bunch of web cams on Amazon that all look like they were posted by the same company. This is based on the description styles and obvious batches of reviews made within days of each other. We tried this one but the microphone sounds like you're in a fishbowl. The camera is decent though. I'm reluctant to try others without the same result. Can someone assist with making a selection. Search any web cam on Amazon under $100 and you'll see the options I mean. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Kagamid
    [link] [comments]

    Which video format is better for downloading YouTube videos, webm or mp4?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    I've recognized webm is 40-45% less in size but has poor video quality so overall which one is better?

    submitted by /u/Shalin_316
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment