• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Tech Support - As a tech enthusiast and neophyte, I’ve been hearing a lot about the PS5 hard drive and transfer speeds?... I think. Does this tech mean we’re nearing a world where computer memory and hard drive become one?

    Tech Support - As a tech enthusiast and neophyte, I’ve been hearing a lot about the PS5 hard drive and transfer speeds?... I think. Does this tech mean we’re nearing a world where computer memory and hard drive become one?


    As a tech enthusiast and neophyte, I’ve been hearing a lot about the PS5 hard drive and transfer speeds?... I think. Does this tech mean we’re nearing a world where computer memory and hard drive become one?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    Switching operating systems on a mobile device?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    Is it/Could it be theoretically possible to erase or uninstall iOS from an apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, whatever) and install a version of android? I'm sure there's be some issues programming buttons and such but I'd just like to know if it's been done before and/or how to do so. Thanks

    submitted by /u/DoIKnowWho
    [link] [comments]

    Downloads

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Is there anyway to download torrents directly into a Google drive instead? Do let me know a better place to post this too if this is the wrong place. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/heavyarms20
    [link] [comments]

    WAF and VPN's

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Can you bypass a WAF using a VPN?

    What are the common ways to bypass WAF?

    Typically do we have a range of rules[I mean a number] an organization of 100-1000 employees has?

    How secure is NGINX - https://www.nginx.com/?

    Any inputs on this from experienced folks?

    submitted by /u/sidf123
    [link] [comments]

    how to use my laptop as a speaker for my desktop

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    can i play movies such that the sound comes from my laptop speakers.

    i dont have desktop speakers yet.

    submitted by /u/CaptDeadBat
    [link] [comments]

    What are bots and how do they work exactly?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Phone transfer help (Android to iphone)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    My fathers birthday is coming up and I want to buy him an iphone (5 or 6). He currently has a ZTE android phone. The provider we use is AT&T.

    My question is how do i transfer his phone contacts, past text messages, past called numbers over to the iphone? Do i pull out the little sim card from the android and put it in the iphone?

    submitted by /u/BMWDriverDaily
    [link] [comments]

    Good price for a 4K TV?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    I want anything above 36 inches. :)

    submitted by /u/NeptuneWalker
    [link] [comments]

    PDF annotating software that allows collaboration

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 03:55 PM PDT

    I'm learning Persian and I'm working on reading a novel that's a PDF. On my own I comment on the PDF in Acrobat reader for the words I don't know. But I was wondering if there's a way to work on the PDF together with my teacher? I normally do this with texts in a Google Doc, I wanted something like that where we could both be working from it and reading it at the same time.

    Sorry if this is a stupid question, I got out of touch and old.

    submitted by /u/245638
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any bluetooth headphones that aren't absolute ass?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    aka dont break after 2 weeks

    submitted by /u/alanivar75
    [link] [comments]

    My function keys type numbers

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Whenever I press down one of the function keys, it registers both itself and one of the keys on the numrow. The escape key registers itself and a z, and the tilde registers a 1.

    Here is what happens when I go through all of the problem keys, esc - f11, ending in tilde

    z=-098765432`1

    What can I do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/fullofshitandcum
    [link] [comments]

    3 HDMI Port 19 inch monitor

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Can I get one reasonably priced? Maybe under 200? I am running a PC with an El Gato capture card. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Warhawk8492
    [link] [comments]

    Best Way to Record Yes/No Responses from Text Messages

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    I have a weekly poker game online and send out text messages every week to see who is able to play. Currently, I'm sending emails via Gmail to their SMS address to gather responses. This is okay, but not perfect. What I'd like to do is send a text message then record their reply in a Google Sheet, but I'm open and willing to explore any solution. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/animartis
    [link] [comments]

    Which portable charger is the best for a MacBook​ and surface pro?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook pro and a surface pro that I utilize for classwork and regular work as well, and I'm looking for a portable charger that I can use in charging both of these devices alongside my iPhone when needed.

    With that been said, I have no clue where to begin, and I'm looking to purchase this item on amazon.

    I would appreciate some suggestions.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Scorpio962016
    [link] [comments]

    Patch Cables.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    Hello. I have just ran CAT6 wires to two locations in my house.

    Prior to installing the RJ45 ends on the pulled lines, I practiced installing the two standards (T568A and T568B) on two seperate patch cables. I used my tester to confirm that the wires were working correctly.

    I then plugged one end into my bridged modem and the other end into my router. The T568A didn't work at all and the T568B had very low speeds (91 down / 25 up, I am supposed to receive 1000 down / 30 up).

    What would be causing this? Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TJTwo
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to recover photos from Corp Device (iPhone)

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Good morning all

    I tried the MDM and iOS boards but no luck so far

    I am trying to recover some wedding photos as well as some presentation photos from my corporate device that were deleted about 2 weeks ago now. I was using it as a supplement to my personal phone given it has way more storage since it's pretty much just Outlook. Got an alert from my Intune MDM Admin that my Corp device storage was at max (photos) so I deleted my photos thinking they were backed up to my iCloud. I don't use my Corp phone a ton unless I am traveling so I didn't realize that my iCloud/iCloud backup was never enabled on the phone essentially deleting them off of the phone itself. I did ask an IT resource at work who let me know I can try downloading a third party app to try to recover the photos but it also may trigger an alert to the company that I did that. Photos weren't super important but ones that I wish I still had.

    Any advice or a better way to ask IT if they can restore? IT resource made it seem like iOS on Intune is super restrictive when it comes to photos even on a company designated device so he seemed at a loss/unable to really offer guidance. I was going to ask if the photos backed up to a server that could be emailed to me but he had all but lost his patience with me at that point :) Any help is greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/AdeptSuit4
    [link] [comments]

    need help to upgrade my gaming PC

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    i can already run Doom Eternal and Sekiro with max graphics and high fps. But i doubt it's gonna be good for much longer (i've also heard these 2 games are optimized very well).what do you think i should replace? or maybe add RAM? cyberpunk 2077 requires 16 GB RAM and i wonder if my computer would just explode.

    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 950 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

    Motherboard: ASRock A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

    Memory: Crucial 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5

    Video card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Mini Video Card

    Case: Aerocool Aero-500 - C ATX Mid Tower Case

    Power supply: SeaSonic S12II 430 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

    submitted by /u/Kush-Cookies
    [link] [comments]

    Windows activation

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Is it safe to activate windows using cmd with these commands

    slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in

    slmgr /ato

    submitted by /u/Walidik
    [link] [comments]

    Why don't we have enough data centres in Africa.

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 08:44 AM PDT

    I posted this on a different sub but got deleted.

    Servers need to be close to people. But servers in Africa could be useful for Europe and maybe some parts of Asia. It could be used for scientific computing at low cost.

    Solar energy during daytime is more than enough to run these data centres. If implemented properly, it could serve for both Europe and Asia, bringing down the dependency and increasing reliability of servers. Laws regarding cyber security and safety are not that great in most African countries which means we could store literally anything there.

    Solar power production is not utilised properly in Africa as only 43% of people have acces to electricity there. Coal is the primary source of energy. But if we push the limits, these data centres could work day and night with solar power alone (Stored in batteries or something like lake batteries).

    PS: I think everyone has done their best. I may be stupid.

    submitted by /u/Perfide_Scientist
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Sharing Software

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    I need to train a new employee, and because of social distancing guidelines, we won't be able to train side by side. The job requires the use of 3 screens, and both the new employee and the trainer will have a three screen set up. Ideally, the trainer would be able to see the employee's screens, each displayed on an individual monitor, and have the ability to take control as needed. Most of the options that I have found allow multiple screens to be displayed, but you have to keep flipping back between them or, the are all displayed on one screen. Does anyone have any software solution ideas?

    submitted by /u/SkyShadow27
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe Acrobat Pro Alternative

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    What is a better version of Adobe Acrobat Pro? It doesn't have to be free. I haven't found a program that can handle as many PDF variants as Adobe but I don't want to pay their ridiculous one off licensing fee to be able to edit PDFs reliably and professionally.

    Any responses appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/SeaAccident0
    [link] [comments]

    I moved the Documents folder into another directory but I messed up, how can I revert it?

    Posted: 12 Jun 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    I was trying to clear up some space from my drive, so I started moving the folders around. Because I am an absolute idiot I moved the Documents folder into D:/, and now it works as a kind of shortcut to that directory. is there any way to revert that? being one of the "main" folders I'm sure there's a way to put it back where it was. Selecting it selects the whole D:/, and there's no previous version of the folder it was in, at least not that I know how to use/get to

    submitted by /u/champyheteromer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment