• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 11, 2020

    Tech Support - How high does a smartphone processor have to be to run PUBG Mobile at full settings without lagging? If the processor we need has already been out years ago, then what's the point of the new ones? What do the newer high end processors contribute to?

    Tech Support - How high does a smartphone processor have to be to run PUBG Mobile at full settings without lagging? If the processor we need has already been out years ago, then what's the point of the new ones? What do the newer high end processors contribute to?


    How high does a smartphone processor have to be to run PUBG Mobile at full settings without lagging? If the processor we need has already been out years ago, then what's the point of the new ones? What do the newer high end processors contribute to?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    Specifically, let's talk about PUBG Mobile (Using PUBG Mobile as an example because it requires high processing power and graphics to run at max settings.). By turning on the highest graphics settings, I would need a pretty good processor. Which processor would that be? What's the point of getting a phone with higher end processors if older models could already run the game without any problem?

    submitted by /u/iyarny
    [link] [comments]

    Do windows laptop regularly act slow? I'm in an Asus, I wonder if it's only Asus.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Lately it keeps being unresponsive, Google won't respond, the desktop won't load and it's been 20 minutes, Only the mouse moves when nothing responds. When it turns on and I press space, the log in menu won't load and it's been 10 minutes.

    It also takes more than 7 minutes to log in.

    submitted by /u/MERRIT2
    [link] [comments]

    Is the tablet Chuwi HI10 a good substitute for a laptop?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    My laptop broke last week and I was looking to substitute it with a cheaper and more lightweight alternative, so i was looking for a windows tablet. The Chuwi HI10 seems to be cheap but I'm not sure if theres a better alternative to it. Any opinions?

    submitted by /u/throwmbti
    [link] [comments]

    Could I hypothetically run a Minecraft server on my printer?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Okay, the title may sound stupid, but hear me out. My printer has a WiFi that you can connect to in order to print things. It has an IP address and it made me wonder if I could run a Minecraft server on it. Again, this is hypothetical. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MemeLord569
    [link] [comments]

    Exynos vs Snapdragon processors, pros and cons?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Product Suggestions?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Okay so I have a bit of an issue.

    I live with/am taking care of my elderly great grandmother, who cannot operate her television due to her memory problems. She's unable to be taught how to use her remote or access her shows because she keeps forgetting, and it confuses her.

    Normally this isn't a big deal, because I'm at home and can put on and start her shows on Netflix/Hulu. The problem is that I work 12 hrs at night and her shows will only auto play for about 1-1 1/2 hours.

    Is there anything I could get or an app I could purchase that makes it so I can see the television mirrored on my phone or iPad so I can remotely keep her tv going?

    submitted by /u/unflinchingmop98
    [link] [comments]

    What is the easiest way to transfer my 60gb files from one SD card to another?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I have a 64gb micro SD card in my card. About 60 gb of space taken up. I just got my 128gb card in today. I have apps stored on the card (that I don't know how to move to internal memory...) so I don't want to totally start over on this new card.

    I was thinking about uploading the files to my computer and then back onto the new SD card but I feel like that is going to take forever.

    submitted by /u/andiooops
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade new laptop before or after setup?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    I just got a new laptop, should I put in my new parts before I turn it on or just turn it on and finish the start up process then upgrade the parts? Basically want to know if I replace the secondary hard drive and the ram would it mess the my computer in anyway?

    submitted by /u/JazzieThuqqins
    [link] [comments]

    the cheapest way for whole-house live camera feeds?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:26 PM PDT

    So here's what I'm wanting to do. Me and some friends want to have a survivor/big brother-esc event in a house. This would involve people getting "voted" out, and sent to a designated area (basement) for those no longer in the game. So I want to have a "viewing" area down there with a couple of monitors hooked up to a PC, and then have live feeds from cameras around the house.

    I'm wondering what my cheapest option is for doing this sem-decently. Quality isn't a major concern, but 240p wouldn't be good either.

    Was thinking of doing some sort of cheap/used GoPro's v1-3 or something to using them somehow, or just getting several used Logitech 720p webcams. Big problem is connecting them to the computer though, was considering wireless USB extensions, but I can't imagine that'd be reliable.

    Any ideas? This would all be a temporary one-time thing, so proper wiring of ethernet wouldn't really be worthwhile.

    submitted by /u/Boe6Eod7Nty
    [link] [comments]

    Could I use a computer through the cloud and have max ram?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Is it possible to access a computer through the cloud somehow that has max ram and high ssd speed. For example can I use my old hp core i3 laptop and access the screen and mouse and keyboard of a powerful computer that has 64gb of ram and 2tb storage and use it like its my own? Being able to install software on it in real time? It seems possible but why hasn't this been a popular thing? Imaging being able to buy a subscription to a virtual computer and choose the specs as a plan. Wouldn't this mean a dirt old computer can access this virtual computer and basically be a beast?

    submitted by /u/Dinobrothers
    [link] [comments]

    I’ll be 18 in a few months. Will my iPhone restrictions go away automatically on my birthday or do my parents have to physically turn them off?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:49 PM PDT

    Question About College Computer

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    I'm going into community college and just need a computer for basic general education classes, pretty much note taking. However later (in like 2 years) I might need one for more demanding activities such as 3D modeling. The problem is I don't know if I will go into courses that require 3D modeling or not yet. Should I buy a cheap computer now and then buy a new and improved better one when the time comes assuming I need one in two years? Or just buy a beast of a computer now preemptively? Another question, if I buy a really good computer now will it be too out of date by the time I'll actually need it in two years?

    submitted by /u/Jake_James_Jr
    [link] [comments]

    Portable Analog TV to Receive Digital OTA

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    So I used to have this tiny Sony portable tv — the classic CRT kind with the bunny ears. Once most areas stopped broadcasting over-the-air FM/AM video broadcasts in the late 2000s, I got rid of it.

    For nostalgic purposes, I'd like to get another of these TV sets for my apartment. Is it possible to get a digital receiver to use with these kinds of portable tv?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/zachnathan
    [link] [comments]

    e-mail header

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    What is X-MDRemoteIP , X-MDhelo in a email header?

    submitted by /u/r0nj0hn3
    [link] [comments]

    what's the best way to maximize storage on a micro SD card?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    okay, the title sounds strange, but i've looked at adapters for full size SD cards converting to micro sd cards, but is it possible to use some other form of storage such as a USB drive or even multiple USB drives in a raid array, while being converted to a micro sd card format, if that makes sense

    submitted by /u/crimson_archangel
    [link] [comments]

    Dell Dimension 3100 not connecting to the Internet

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I have this old Dell Dimension 3100 running Windows XP. I haven't been able to get it to connect to the Internet for about 8 years now. Currently, I'm using wireless Internet and I cannot figure out how to get it to connect to the Dell computer. This computer was built when LANs were still popular. Can anybody tell me how to get it connected?

    submitted by /u/jameshoward_official
    [link] [comments]

    3D position tools

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I'm trying to think up a name of technology that I'm sure already exists, I just can't think of what it's called.

    My goal is to have a device/gadget that I am able to place at an origin in a room. I then want to have a second device, put it at another point in the room and record the angle from the origin to the second device and the distance between these objects. This data could be used to give x,y,z values of the position of the object in the space. It's important to note I need directionality as well as distance, not just distance.

    I see tools like these being used to measure distance at roadworks, but am not sure if direction from origin is being measured or what this would be called.

    ty in advance. I'll try to answer any questions in the comments.

    submitted by /u/TechnicalyAnIdiot
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience with 3rd party smartwatches?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    My grandparents bought my wife a 3rd party smart watch (Accutime's iTime) a few years back and we've just barely dusted it off and opened the box.

    The main reason why we didn't want to use it initially is because it seems like some cheap Chinese knockoff smart watch that is going to steal my data. It still seems like that to me.

    My question is: If I hook this thing up to either my WiFi or my phone, am I putting any of my personal info at risk? Or am I being way to paranoid.?

    submitted by /u/Bacon_Quality
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a 4 x 100 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms Amp to Power a 400 watt subwoofer at 4ohms?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    What is the difference between a television and a computer display? Why can’t one screen function equally well for both purposes?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Around the World by motorbike, live stream/internet question.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    This might be a stupid question.

    I'm planning a full solo world tour by motorbike that should start in 2 to 3 years. Plan is to document it by video (vlog) but I would also be interested in live streaming it.

    I understand this hasn't been done previously (to my knowledge), and I'm guessing the main issue is internet connectivity.

    Is there a solution available now or that might be in the next 3 years to get non stop sattelite connectivity? If yes, how expensive will it be? Would I need a big dish?

    Not even sure if it's possible to have a camera on the bike or helmet/chest that gets enough power and strong internet connectivity to manage such a project. Maybe it's just plain impossible.

    But hey, that's why I'm asking!

    Thanks for all the help. And sorry if it's a stupid question.

    submitted by /u/wu_cephei
    [link] [comments]

    How to combat backlighting on video calls?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Like everyone else, I'm doing a lot of video calls these days.

    I have a large window to my right and it creates a backlit effect. It's not so bad that I'm totally dark, but it's still not ideal. Changing my desk position is not an option.

    I'm looking for a light I can place in front of me that will reduce the backlit effect. I'm looking for a light that's extremely easy on the eyes because it will be in front of my at all times, so no spotlight-type lights. I have about 0.5 sq ft of desk space to place it or i can also mount it on the wall.

    Any ideas folks? Most of what I'm seeing would be too jarring on the eyes to always have directly in front of me.

    submitted by /u/lean_into_fear
    [link] [comments]

    Can't delete anything on my external HDD

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    So I have an external HDD connected to my laptop(which is running windows 10 educational edition) and I can't delete files on my external HDD. This error comes up You need permission to perform this procedure

    Request permission from DESKTOP-1TBN17TJuraj to modify this folder. Its translated via google translate so it will probably sound a bit weird. My pc name is DESKTOP-1TBN17T and I am on user Juraj but I still can't delete anything. Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/Ozezizozo
    [link] [comments]

    External SSD drive isn't being discovered by Explorer, but is able to ejected (kind of). Any help greatly appreciated.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    (1. Story. 2. Tools. 3. Issue 4. Summary.)

    1. My friends apartment flooded with fresh water. His laptop was on the floor (no idea why) and it seems like a lost cause. I said I'd try to help him by recovering data from the SSD.

    2. I bought an external case for the drive. It connects via a USB cable.

    3. On connecting the now-external SSD to my win 10 operating system I hear the register noise. Similarly I can see an option to eject external hard drive in my opens. When I go to eject the drive it tells me a program is using it.

    4. TLDR - SSD hard drive recovered from laptop but won't connect via USB. Computer knows it's there but won't show files. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/Chilli-byte-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment