• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Tech Support - What's an alternative to Facebook that has all features FB has but isn't heartless and won't sell ur data?

    Tech Support - What's an alternative to Facebook that has all features FB has but isn't heartless and won't sell ur data?


    What's an alternative to Facebook that has all features FB has but isn't heartless and won't sell ur data?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Apple Support asking for password for Macbook repair

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Hi, an official repair shop just phoned my mum to ask for her account password, claiming they need it to complete the repair on her Macbook (water damage).

    Is this standard practice? Why can't they use the safe mode and the diagnostics tool to check whether everything is in order? I don't understand why you need access to a specific account when you're dealing with a hardware problem. I'd be shocked if this is official repair procedure for a hardware issue – how's my mum supposed to distinguish between guys from a legit repair shop and some scammer?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Locusto
    [link] [comments]

    Does tailsOS and Tor guarantee complete anonymity AND privacy?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    Is there a place or book to learn about all different cables related to pc building and how they connect with each other?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Title. Psu cables fan cables led cables and the various cables that connect to different motherboard headers. Difference between 3 and 4 pins and different usb ports/cables, sata cables, molex, etc. I feel like there would be a book explaining all of this in great detail but can't find one.

    submitted by /u/rustaholic88
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my laptop turns off on its own? (not shutting down)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    I own an old laptop, Toshiba Satellite L755, the battery is already dead I guess because sometimes when I plugin the charger the battery wont charge and instead decreases fast, but my real problem is the laptop turns off midway on its own without battery but the charger is plug-in I have a hunch that I just need to clean and replace the thermal compound but it didn't work. When it turns off the battery and charger led blinks amber/orange and wont turn on unless you unplug and plug the charger again. Please can someone help me, I still cant buy a new laptop because I still don't have the money for one.

    submitted by /u/daizeemi
    [link] [comments]

    I have 10 case fans (including cpu fan), 6 of which are rgb and have led cables also. Problem is my mobo only has 4 fan power headers and 4 led head headers. What can I do to make this work?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Title. Worth noting these fan led cable have different connecters, some 3 pin some 4 pin. What do I have to do to allowball fans to work and their leds?

    submitted by /u/rustaholic88
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way or device that would allow my phone to connect to multiple Bluetooth Speakers?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    I have an android phone and a few Bluetooth speakers and was wondering if there's a way to connect to them all? Was thinking if there was such a thing as a 'Bluetooth Hub' where I can connect everything to that or if there's an easier way

    submitted by /u/BrychanJ
    [link] [comments]

    Cloud Connected, Wearable Camera

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    Is there a product out there that's essentially a live streaming wearable camera and the footage automatically/immediately gets backed up on the cloud? Is there something comparable for phones?

    submitted by /u/1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy buds too big?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    So I have very tiny ears, knew that going into shopping for totally wireless earbuds. I ended up getting Samsung Galaxy Buds on a sale today, after reading reviews that they were good for small ears. They are way too big for my ears. I have the smallest fin and the medium ear cones on. The smaller ear cones don't make a difference. The plastic outer part is just too big for my ears. I have painful ear fatigue after only 15-20 minutes of wearing them properly. The only way to keep them mildly comfortable is to have them barely sit in my ear, and even then they hurt after an hour. Are there any other totally wireless earbuds that people know of that fit in small ears? Reasonably priced please, nothing above $100.

    submitted by /u/AgainstTheWind19
    [link] [comments]

    How to preserve/save an old blogspot page?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Hi! A bit of a weird one, but I have an old boyfriend who posted all of these love letters to me on a blog back in 2005. He died in 2015 and because it's getting so old now I'm worried that at some point the blog will be deprecated, and I'd like to preserve them. It's a blogspot.com address if that helps at all. Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/yszsarisweird
    [link] [comments]

    Advice - Windows Docking Station for 3 different Laptops

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I wanted to get some advice from you all about getting a video out docking station that had the following type of functionality as well as being able to support the following types of computers:

    Computers/Laptops:

    Surface Book 2

    - no usb C, only has USB-A and Surface connect ports

    Dell Latitude 5590

    – USB-C displayport out

    -USB-A ports

    Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th gen

    -USB-C thunderbolt port

    -USB-A

    Requirements:

    Dual video outputs, any type of output is fine (displayport, hdmi, etc)

    The ability to connect to any one of the laptops listed above. The idea was to be able to disconnect one laptop, then have the option of plugging another laptop into the system easily. Just not sure what the best option is or if there is a hub that supports both USB-C inputs (from Lenovo and the Dell thunderbolt) as well as USB-A input from Surface (as I don't think there is a product that has Surface Connect plus other inputs)

    Would like:

    Power delivery for USB-C in order to charge Lenovo X1 Carbon

    Dell Latitude 5590 – appears to be able to charge over the USB-C displayport but the power brick that came with this laptop is rated at 90W.

    Extra ports – USB type C and type A

    Ethernet port – to hardwire whichever laptop was plugged in

    Appreciate any advice, info, and guidance on this project!!!

    Thank you all!!!

    submitted by /u/b0mberman420
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone knows when Congress votes on the Earn It Act?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    I've been trying to find out when they vote on it, but I cannot find any information on it

    submitted by /u/TheEclipsedLock
    [link] [comments]

    Getting very poor wifi from upgraded fiber - any advice on legit boosters/extenders?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    Hey Reddit,

    I'm a tenant who lives below my landlord. I recently asked him if we could upgrade the internet to fiber (since it was provided in our area), and he agreed. Unfortunately, the signal is still very weak in my studio even though we are getting 180+ mb near the router. One of my friends mentioned that a booster or extender may be able to do the trick - but a lot of the research I've done so far has led to wishy washy results. Many people claim they don't do anything. I'm willing to spend $100 or so to get a decent signal. Thanks for your help!

    Before anyone asks, I can't run an ethernet cable. The landlord doesn't want me "messing up the aesthetic" of his upstairs.

    submitted by /u/ediblethrowaway1991
    [link] [comments]

    M.2

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    Can you place an M.2 on any computer/motherboard?

    submitted by /u/MyWillToLive0
    [link] [comments]

    how to automatically delete facebook activity?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    hi all, not sure if this is the best subreddit but i was wondering if there was any way to delete all FB activity automatically.

    i tried Social Book Post Manager (chrome extension) and followed the directions however it says "no entry found" when i run it. Maybe it has to do w/the recent FB update?

    if you have any suggestions please let me know. manually deleting 2-3 years of activity (comments especially) seems extremely time consuming and i haven't been able to find a solution yet

    many thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/koolaidraspberries
    [link] [comments]

    Is USB-C always 3.0?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    GSM Arena says that my phone (Galaxy A71) has a USB 2.0 port. However it is Type-C. Is it possible for a device to have a C port and not support USB 3.0? If so, how do I test this?

    submitted by /u/Metalblues
    [link] [comments]

    My phone wont get charged after splashing some water on it. Is there something I can do to fix it

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    I accidentally spilled some water on my phone. Now it does light up but the battery's dead and even though I used a charger the phone wont get charged.

    Will changing the battery fix it?

    submitted by /u/swansonng
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Laptop Fan sound

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hi, I own a 5 years old laptop and primarily it wasnt used for the three years and ended up being stored in my closet since I happened to get another laptop. Lately I have been using it extensively and taking Zoom calls is extremely painful because of the sound that the laptop fans generate.

    I upgraded the laptop with an SSD and more RAM and its 3rd gen Intel i7 processor and an AMD GPU. I mean even with 15-20% CPU usage the fans go whirring very loudly.

    I have updated all the necassary drivers and keep it up to date with Windows 10.

    Is there anything that I could do such as reapplying thermal paste because I really want to prolong the usage of this laptop since it works perfectly for me and typing on this is a beauty.

    tdlr; 5-year old laptop creates fan sound during zoom calls, is there a way to reduce it?

    submitted by /u/kamasutra971
    [link] [comments]

    How to choose what language to you for a project

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    Hello all, this is my first time here. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some advice on how to choose what language to you for my summer internship project. This is my first internship and I am a bit confused about how to start the project.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/moonboy777
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless monitor connection?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    I have an HP Elitebook 840 G3 (loaded with Win10) with an HP 2013 UltraSlim Docking station. The docking station has 2 display port and 4 USB connections.

    I want connect display to 2 Dell E2417Hb monitors wirelessly. The monitors only have VGA & display port connections.

    What device(s) can I use to accomplish this?

    submitted by /u/MrBaseball77
    [link] [comments]

    What online classes would you recommend to get certified for A+?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I need a class to take so I can take the CompTIA A+ exams.

    submitted by /u/CandiceMarie_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I record an on-line lecture?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    How do I record an online lecture?

    My prof hosts lectures on Microsoft teams but he doesn't record them. He has disabled recording on Microsoft teams itself so I was wondering if there was a 3rd party program that could capture my screen and audio at the same time?

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/cuhcuh416
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment