• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 3, 2020

    Tech Support - I write things in what I would hope to be my 'private' Google Keep notes, and in turn, more often than not my google feed is personalized with subjects I've noted about. I have all personalization options I can find disabled. Why does this happen, and is it possible to make sure it doesn't happen?

    Tech Support - I write things in what I would hope to be my 'private' Google Keep notes, and in turn, more often than not my google feed is personalized with subjects I've noted about. I have all personalization options I can find disabled. Why does this happen, and is it possible to make sure it doesn't happen?


    I write things in what I would hope to be my 'private' Google Keep notes, and in turn, more often than not my google feed is personalized with subjects I've noted about. I have all personalization options I can find disabled. Why does this happen, and is it possible to make sure it doesn't happen?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    I feel my ideas and thoughts are being mined for data in more than a "we want to show you things based on your own interests; for your own good... we promise the eula you signed to use this service didnt allow us full rights to your 'intellectual property' that you didn't have time to copyright before we took instantaneous ownership of" way.

    Any advice or consolation?

    submitted by /u/TheOneTheyCallWho
    [link] [comments]

    Problem: Sound systems at protests are terrible.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:25 AM PDT

    Possible solution: Make an app the use peoples phones as speakers. Like FM broadcasting. One person speaks and a thousands phones in the protest blast it out.

    submitted by /u/no-mad
    [link] [comments]

    I plugged in an HP laser printer with 110-127V and 220-240V to a foreign socket and steam came out of it, can this still be repaired if I go to a tech repair shop?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    It was an HP LaserJet pro m14-m17 and I thought the power sockets we had fit the description not knowing a convertor had to be used. White steam/smoke came out of it before I unplugged it back

    submitted by /u/PsychologicalSleep88
    [link] [comments]

    How to secure my network

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    So I live within rented private accomodation. The internet comes with the place (can't change ISP). It's served over Ethernet, and also WiFi. This means I have limited to no control over it. For example my google home is accessible to everyone in the building on the WiFi. Theirs are accessible to mine.

    My question is, would I be able to say setup a router through the ethernet in my flat, and gatekeep my devices that way? Any other suggestions of how to better secure my internet would be appreciated.

    If this is the wrong sub for this kind of question, could someone please direct me elsewhere.

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/LeftHandSuzukii
    [link] [comments]

    what should i use for my situation? multiple internet connection question

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I can only have one long ethernet cord running to my room. in my room I need two lines running to my pc and xbox. a two way splitter says both cant use the internet at the same time. can a hub or switch which has multiple ports, have multiple connections use internet at the same time? if so, why?

    examples in links

    https://www.amazon.com/SENHUO-Ethernet-Splitter-Connector-Compatible/dp/B07P6BNHLS/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=ethernet+splitter&qid=1591165311&sr=8-5

    https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Ethernet-Splitter-Unmanaged-TL-SF1005D/dp/B000FNFSPY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=small%2Bethernet%2Bhub&qid=1591164908&sr=8-2&th=1

    submitted by /u/awesick
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to create a cloud network out of used smartphones?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I've been getting into cloud computing lately, and had a theoretical question: if I had 1000+ old smartphones, which I kept them charged and connected online at all times, what would be the challenges of creating a cloud network out of them?

    Theoretically, could I create a service like a CDN or an AWS Lambda out of a network of smartphones?

    To be clear, I'm not talking about ad-hoc or mesh networks. I'm talking about the standard centralized, hub-and-spoke architecture.

    In the case of serverless computing like AWS Lambda, here is how I imagine it would work:

    1. Clients (desktops, phones, etc.) make an HTTP request
    2. The request is routed to a central server through existing internet infrastructure
    3. The server then assigns the request to one of the 1000 smartphones connected worldwide.
    4. The phone performs the computation and returns the result back to the client, through standard internet infrastructure
    submitted by /u/catapolto
    [link] [comments]

    Hi reddit camera help needed

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:54 AM PDT

    So my PC webcam mirrors my image is there to not

    submitted by /u/detroit-isnt-human
    [link] [comments]

    Does the new Raspberry Pi 4 with 8 GB have the power to run games like Terraria or Factorio?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    My mouse keeps spam clicking if i hold the right button.

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    So this problem has been happening since several weeks ago.

    I played a FPS game. And everytime I want to target, It's not keep targeting. instead, it's cycling targeting-not targeting. Then, I checked it on an online mouse test, and then I found that when i hold the right button, it's clicking. By simple language, it's opening right-button menu numerous time.

    My mouse type is Logitech M331, and I had it a year ago. even if in some point it still clicksand holds well, I'm very uncomfortable with this situation. I've ask this twice, yet no one answer on techsupport. Could someone give me a solution, please??

    submitted by /u/franklynical
    [link] [comments]

    Can an old hard drive support newer USB tech?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    More details: I have an external hard drive whose internal power device has died. I'm sure there's a more specific name for thi. This is not the AC adapter but the power unit that attaches to the HD within the external case.

    My question is if I get a dock that supports USB 3.0, will it work with this HD that is certainly from pre USB 3.0 days? Also does the SATA version play into this? I'm pretty sure it's SATA III.

    I'm sure that this is a commonly asked question, but Google is distracted by all of the buzzwords when I search and obviously reddit's search is useless.

    submitted by /u/hansoloupinthismug
    [link] [comments]

    Can videos contain malware ?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:22 PM PDT

    Can videos that are playing perfectly and NOT videos disguised as executables contain malware

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Careers where you don't have to work more than 40 hours a week?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    What are tech careers where you work just 40 hours a week. And don't have to work and/or study a specified amount at home past 40 hours a week? To stay up to date on technology or what not.

    I want to work a job where I work basically only 40 hours a week. And don't end up taking my work home with me. As I want to work on my digital art hobby a lot in my free time.

    My first interest was web development but I heard they work 40 hours then another 20 hours to stay updated on technology.

    submitted by /u/Lightrunner7
    [link] [comments]

    Portable desk top camera suggestions

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Can anyone suggest a good portable desk top camera? I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know what a good one would have.

    submitted by /u/Mraduenzel
    [link] [comments]

    Chromecast to projector sound to sound bar

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    I have my Chromecast hooked up to my Epson projector. My Epson projector has no audio out so I was hoping that I could cast video to my Chromecast from my phone and have the audio go to my Bluetooth speakers. Unfortunately I'm not able to get audio out to my Bluetooth speakers, audio is only going through the projector speaker which sounds awful. Is there maybe another casting device that would work better than Chromecast. I really am looking for a solution that doesn't involve running an HDMI cord from the back of the projector to an audio device. I'd like to use Bluetooth if that's possible.

    submitted by /u/blackbirdweb99
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped calls to one area of town?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Spoke with my mother on the phone today and the call dropped a few times. This happened last month when I called their land-line instead of her cell. Any reason why this would happen? My calls never drop when I call anyone else. We were in the same places (her house & my apartment) each time.

    submitted by /u/Go_Ask_Your_Mother
    [link] [comments]

    College Laptop Recommendation

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Hello I'm looking for laptop recommendations with a flexible $500-1000 price range or information on where to browse for one - It's for college so I'm mostly going to be doing basic schoolwork on it, perhaps a couple advanced math programs but I'm not hardcore databasing or programming - In general I'm looking for longevity, so durability, easy transportation, and good battery life. - I also plan to play some video games on it if that's relevant, mostly for casual steam stuff and emulation but nothing that would really require a crap ton of RAM or processing power.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/mraajaxx
    [link] [comments]

    System on Chip recommendations

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Does anybody know a good soc preferably with wifi, i tried googling for one and all that pop up is apple A7, Qualcomm, or videos explaining what a soc is.

    i'm looking for something like the ESP32

    the ESP32 is the only SoC i know so far, any recommendations would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Zypher_Zolei
    [link] [comments]

    How doe this YouTuber do this?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    I am learning video editing, using iMovie, and curious how this user obtains the videos to place into her movie:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND40ur07Eyo&list=PL4VVY18C_9-DE2mvxQES02e0ySU-dkpS5&index=4&t=112s

    Is there a source of these clips (YouTube) available to embed/insert into your iMovie clip? I know you cannot download YouTube videos, so curious.

    submitted by /u/SharkPickApp
    [link] [comments]

    External HD for laptops

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:32 PM PDT

    What would be a good one, and are the 'laptop ports' here it holds the drive a good idea? Tryinf to get 1-2 TB for gaming,

    submitted by /u/SuwAlx
    [link] [comments]

    How many times can we take the CompTIA A+ exams? And are those difficult to pass?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    I want to buy a new 4K TV but I want to know if there’s any new tech that’s scheduled to hit the market soon. Can anyone tell me where to find such information?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    It would affect my purchasing decision about whether to hold back on buying anything until either the new superior tech models are available. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lionheart-713
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Connected to Dual Monitors

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 05:51 PM PDT

    I have seen setups where people connect their laptops into dual monitors via USB and have three distinct screens working. What device do I need to buy to set this up? I only plan on using this for work so nothing too intense, but would still like this to be as smooth as possible. Any help would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/gulliblecpa
    [link] [comments]

    Unresponsive mouse clicks

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    My mouse seems to double left click even triple or quadruple clicks and so does my right one as well I tried every possible way to fix it software-wise but turned out the problem was Hardware, I opened my mouse and hit the right and left buttons which are supposed to be the right and left clicks buttons I tested different ways of clicking and holding and that's where I encountered the problem, I tried cleaning it's external but I don't think that will actually help it I thought maybe adding something on top of it so when I click with my mouse it will add some pressure but it was ineffective so here I am asking for solutions in reddit.

    submitted by /u/SweetLemonBun
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to get unsupported apps on my device?

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Buyer beware of Maxferris Technology

    Posted: 02 Jun 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Just a helpful warning.

    I recently ordered a desktop PC from maxferris.com. I purchased the "Better Spec" variant of their Project Minotaur setup. Technically, this part of the order came with everything as advertised. Technically.

    For starters, when I see it the computers advertised as coming with Windows 10 Pro, I'm going to expect a legitimate copy of Windows 10. These desktops only come with an inactive version of Windows, so you can either purchase a new license at full price, live with the watermark, or gain a license through less legitimate means.

    Secondly, I was able to add on, and pay for a Type-C USB PCIE card, which was to be attached and shipped with my desktop. When I finally got my PC (a month later), the PCIE card was nowhere to be found. I was even able to get hold of them long enough to confirm that my PC was missing the card. But then quiet. It's now been almost three weeks and they have ghosted me on their two email addresses, Instagram, and YouTube. I've just been trying to get a replacement or refund for a $40 part.

    On a side note, it was also annoying that I had to get my own Bluetooth adapter and that the RGB fans are stuck on this dumb 5-color pattern. Those are super minor though and the computer itself does seem to run pretty well. Even after this, I'd rate them decently enough if they were just better with communication.

    TLDR: I did not receive everything that was paid for or advertised, and now they are ghosting me.

    submitted by /u/Boatfish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment