• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Tech Support - Why can DVI be analog if it means DIGITAL visual interface?

    Tech Support - Why can DVI be analog if it means DIGITAL visual interface?


    Why can DVI be analog if it means DIGITAL visual interface?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    A.I. Writing?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    I remember hearing a while back that people used A.I. to write stories/scripts. Some of the posts were memes, but this seems genuinely interesting. Where could I learn more about this and how could I do this myself?

    submitted by /u/Return2Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use a phone as a substitute storage device?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    I and a group of employees have been cleaning the alley, bowling alley, to get ready for the place to open back up. We went through lost and found and saw that a lot of people left behind phones so I took a few just to see if they were better than my phone. One that I found was a Nokia 2. Even though this phone sucks compared to my aging Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge I was wondering if It would serve a good purpose as a file storage device such as ROMs, photos, and some applications. I basically want to use it as a budge external hard drive.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/xB0BCATx
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Black Screen of Death

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Im not actually good with computer and errors. I recently have this black screen startup in my old pc. Im just wondering cuz i have a friend willing to give his extra moba (a320m) and used processor (ryzen3) will it fix my problem?

    submitted by /u/Feisty_Taste
    [link] [comments]

    RAM slots?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I have 4 sticks of RAM, 2 X 8GB and 2 X 4GB. They're currently sat like this: Slot 1 8GB Slot 2 4GB Slot 3 4GB Slot 4 8GB

    Is this right? If not, what is the correct order and why?

    Sorry I'm new to pc building and would appreciate the help!!

    submitted by /u/BUMBLEORE_BUMS_HARRY
    [link] [comments]

    How bad, really, is my old MacBook?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Well I've asked around, and many people say it's one of the worst computers you can have. But I'm looking for an honest opinion. I understand that it's bad, I just want to know how bad. Stats:

    Processor: 1.2GHz Intel Core m3, Memory: 16GB 1867MHz LPDDR3, Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 615 1536MB

    So, on a scale of one to ten, how bad is it?

    submitted by /u/CCC1270
    [link] [comments]

    Can a software destroy the harddisk ?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Hello, I hope you all are fine and safe.

    I lost all my data... Here is how ...

    Last night i was learning a new software "3ds max" 2014 version on my laptop, after about an hour the program stopped responding, maybe it was due to the increasing geometry of the model ?..

    At this time I thought to take a break, so I ignored it for a few minutes and started watching news on the phone...

    But after a few mins there was the "bluescreen" it was stuck at 0%

    I didn't touch the lappy , thinking it will solve the problem on its own ...

    After an hour there was no progress it was stuck at 0%

    So I turned off the lappy with the power button, went to sleep.

    Next morning (today) I tried to turn it on but my laptop is not able to detect my harddisk, I tried "bios" "boot menu" and even opened the laptop to check for the lose cables, but nothing seems to work.

    Is my harddisk really dead ? Is there a way to recover the data ?

    How can I avoid this in future ?

    Is there a way to fix this, that data was my important for my job

    submitted by /u/Cap_martin_
    [link] [comments]

    Remote access system help

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    So I started working from home recently. My company made me download a program called parallel remote access. I get connected to the companies server so I can use programs that I would use on a company computer like chrome, word, excel, etc. My question is what can the company monitor from my computer? If I open chrome on my own computer, not through the parallel remote access program, can they see what I am doing?

    submitted by /u/N0Sk1llWill
    [link] [comments]

    Question about System Restore

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    So, recently I was downloading an MP3 file of a Let's Player I watch so I had something to listen to while I was working. However the site I use to do this periodically opens up other tabs when you hit the convert button. I usually close those tabs quickly anyway so I don't think much of it, and I've been using that site for years so I currently have had no problems with it yet.

    This time however, the second tab only opened when I pressed the download button. So, the page loaded, but I canceled the download and closed out of the window. And continued what I was doing.

    Then for safety, I ran Windows Defender, despite that nothing actually downloaded onto my computer, I was curious if anything had. And thus when I activated the scan, nothing happened. I attempted this several times and the same result.

    So, I logged into a secondary account on the computer and the scan worked fine. It said everything was fine, but I was curious, so I looked up what was wrong. A site told me it was either a virus, or somehow my user account is screwed up. And it told me to use a System Restore Point to fix it.

    I know there isn't a virus, as a glimpse of the installed programs looks the same as it usually does, but I admit that it was just at a glance. So I then went about the steps to go back to a restore point. Copying files I know I had been working on.

    Then I started the process, and it told me that it couldn't finish the reset because of my anti-virus. The only anti-virus I use is Defender. But, confused I activated Defender once more, and it was back to working, telling me there was nothing wrong with the computer.

    Now, I know I probably did this when the computer was scanning itself. As for some reason Anti-malware Service Executable always takes forever for me.

    But, despite the computer saying its fine, I want to know.

    Should I turn off Windows Defender and try using the Restore again? Or is everything alright and I'm just worrying for nothing?

    Sidenote. The computer is now telling me that I have 38000 files when originally it told me I had only 17000. The space usage is the same, so I was also wondering if Defender wasn't giving me a correct estimate until now?

    submitted by /u/LadySeraphii
    [link] [comments]

    Setting up Nvidia surround on three displays, two of which are identical and one in middle being slightly larger.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Hello! The title says most of it. I have three displays and I'm having a little trouble polishing my results with nvidia surround. I have two Dell S2417DG monitors on the sides of the Dell S2716DG. (Basically the same thing but slightly larger and also runs 2560x1440. I'd like to get these displaying all smoothly without the resolution killing the "line up" between the screens. One things I'll note is that without surround, the 27" did have a setting to have a slightly larger then 1440 resolution but I'm not sure that helps. I wouldn't mind if there was a letter box on my middle monitor. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/p50cal
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions for smartwatch for android

    Posted: 07 May 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Im looking to get a smartwatch but have no idea which are good or not so if anyone has any opions on what i should get that would be great have android

    submitted by /u/lillyskywolf
    [link] [comments]

    problem with my laprop's keyboard!

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Hey all, so I've been having a problem with my keyboard. It's just one key but it really slows me down. Basically, I have to press it really really hard for it to work. So, since I know nothing about those things, I took a thin card I had in order to push the key up. And it worked, it was working properly. About 15 minutes later it happened again and as much as I tried, I can't fix it.

    submitted by /u/Killerinthe_mirror
    [link] [comments]

    USB Type C and USB Splitter

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Looking for a device where at the push of a button, I can switch my type c HDMI splitter (used to send PC signal to two monitors), keyboard, and mouse, from one computer to a second computer, thereby allowing me to switch my dual monitor set up from one machine to the other without unplugging the mouse, keyboard, and type c splitter. Do they make this? Links?

    submitted by /u/electricboulder
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook screen broke. Instead of paying $500 for a new screen, just going to connect it to a used external monitor! Any cheap suggestions to get the job done?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Must be capable of connecting to a MacBook Air. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Internet_is_a_tool
    [link] [comments]

    what could a nation use a quantum computer for? could you improve traffic, lower energy usage what other ideas?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Should I get this Pc.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    I know absolutely nothing about computers, but I'm buying myself a gaming pc. The one i'm looking at right now is This Cyberpower Pc

    Do you think it will run games smoothly like fallout 4, csgo, and over watch?

    Is there a better pc that's in my range (under $700?)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/lettuceonmyfoot
    [link] [comments]

    VPN and Slow internet connection

    Posted: 07 May 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hi. I am currently working from home and I've been connecting to client VPNs using a brand new gaming laptop to do some development in their systems. I noticed my internet speed went down drastically (which i anticipated) but when I disconnect from the VPN my internet speed stays the same until I restart my laptop. Dumb question, but is there another way to fix internet speeds without having to restart my laptop? It's getting annoying especially when I have tabs/files opened up, and having to listen to my laptops fans on high when it boots backup. I am a bit new to using VPNs.

    submitted by /u/jmrtinz15
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no fast USB sticks/small USB SSDs?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    USB 3.1, USB 3.2 and multiple generations among these standards but I can't find any thumb drives that are able to transfer more than 150MB/s at an absolute maximum. There seems to be some "natural" limit at around 130 or 150 MB/s. I'm wondering what this limit is. Is it just that there are no small flash chips capable of larger transfer rates?

    With the newer USB standards shouldn't there be flash drives with up to 10 and even 20 Gb/s? I would be very happy with anything close to half of that. But it doesn't seem to exist.

    submitted by /u/UsernameIsTaken9001
    [link] [comments]

    What is the point of https when malicious websites can still steal your credintials?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Why is https considered "secure" and http not, when all it takes for some website to steal your password is to enter your email and password into registration form and save it as plaintext on backend? Getting SSL certificate is easy these days too, with providers like Lets Encrypt and so on, so anyone can get valid and trusted certificate

    submitted by /u/Adequately_Insane
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for an easy-to-use and simple inventory management system

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    I'm part of a franchise that has 4 location. We all need to be able to view in one central location what units are at each location. We need to be able to easily see size/color/price and then click through each individual unit to see the manufacturers invoice for that unit. I've been using an excel spreadsheet to track size, color, and price; now I need a way to be able to view each unit's invoice and have access available to all 4 of us. It doesn't need to be complex or have forecasting or anything besides literally just viewing what is at each location and view the invoice for each unit. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/cupcakesnsparkles
    [link] [comments]

    Eavesdropping with life photo's or during facetime on iPhone?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    Can someone help me understand how the live photo works. I like the feature. But how can it record a little video with audio starting from a second before you hit the button. It doesn't make sense to me. Is my iPhone recording all the time for the sake that I might take a live photo? I just have a back to the furture vibe ha. Hope to get a TIL or today years old.

    submitted by /u/quarantimer
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a drawing tablet for pc (mostly for writing though)

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    I need suggestions. I'm looking for a drawing tablet that I could use with Microsoft word for taking notes. Haven't ever used one so no idea how they work. Maybe the size of half a sheet of paper.

    Or would it be better to buy a tablet with a pen/stylus?

    submitted by /u/RandomGgames
    [link] [comments]

    Parental Control Software

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I am looking for an easy to use parental control software for a PC. If it can work on Android tablets, that would be great too. Basically, my nephew is pretty good with computers for being 11 years old and it gets him into trouble. I want something that would make it impossible to uninstall, he can only access the websites I allow him to, and I can watch his every move. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/FortemLupus
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook search query limits

    Posted: 07 May 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Hi.

    I'm quite new here - I hope I post this in the right place.
    I'm doing some database building for my client which involves collecting data from Facebook Business Pages. To do this I have to make search queries on Facebook home page and if search gives any results (Pages) I collect data from Pages. So I was doing automatic searches when I noticed that after some time Facebook replied "We couldn't find anything on..." for every single search query even if I know and have confirmed there are Pages on Facebook which the query should find.

    So my question is:
    Does Facebook enforce some limits on how many search queries can one user send per hour / day?
    Does anyone knows how high is this limit?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ryan1969
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment