• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 7, 2020

    Tech Support - Probably a stupid question

    Tech Support - Probably a stupid question


    Probably a stupid question

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Is there a device, like a usb memory stick, that you can plug into any TV to cast your phone to it? It's sounds way too unlikely to be true but I'm just wondering if there's anything like that out there

    Edit: Answered, thanks folks

    submitted by /u/l_l_l-illiam
    [link] [comments]

    I wanna find a good 4K TV that has both composite and component inputs for my game consoles. Any recommendations?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Can anyone point me in a safe direction where I might be able to get the photos from my disabled iPhone.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    It has proof of abuse from 5 years ago that I desperately need for a restraining order.

    submitted by /u/diarrheaisnice
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way I can tell how long my computer has been idle?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Is there something already there that records this? Or is there a program or ap that does this?

    I am running Windows 10 on laptop. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ThuviaofMars
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any phones that have have a GPS but DO NOT have some type of appstore?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Bluetooth Connection Interruption

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    One thing that i have noticed about my wireless earbuds is that their connection is interrupted when i flip a light switch. I will be wearing them and turn the light on/off and the music will cut out for a fraction of a second. This phenomena seems fairly replicable so i was wondering if there is any good explanation for this.

    submitted by /u/inconspicuouslyhorny
    [link] [comments]

    Chromecast: Possible to cast FB video call to TV?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 02:18 AM PDT

    Hey all, having more video calls with family and friends at the moment, and want to know if I get a Chromecast, will I be able to cast/mirror a Facebook Messenger video call from my phone screen to my TV?

    Essentially it'd be like this: Group video call over FB messenger, viewing on my phone screen. Cast my screen (and my family/friends faces) to the TV, so it's easier to view them from my couch. I'd still be using my phone camera (on the table in front of me) as the "call device".

    Is this possible, either as an outright option with Facebook Messenger, or a straight mirror of my phone screen to the TV? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/eenbiertje
    [link] [comments]

    Best moniter for gaming?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    What is a good moniter for gaming that is under $100?

    submitted by /u/poopiehead04444
    [link] [comments]

    A question about an old flip phone

    Posted: 07 May 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    I've kept my first flip phone for a good 8~ years now and recently I wanted to find a charger for it as I had lost the original I had a long, long time ago. Here's the phone, and I bought this USB cord to charge it with. It seems dumb to ask, but should it be ok to just charge it when it arrives? Or is there something else I should look into getting before charging it. It was originally from Britain, so I don't know if there would be any complications from that fact.

    submitted by /u/ObiConKnowme
    [link] [comments]

    Best gaming keyboard?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I was going to get this https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-5 but wanted to ask first

    submitted by /u/poopiehead04444
    [link] [comments]

    Computer / Smart Tech for Older Generation.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Greetings everyone!

    I'm looking for a bit of advice to help my mother out with more recent tech to help keep her more entertained at home due to Covid-19. Shes not really tech savvy at all, so anything I get for her needs to be pretty user friendly.

    I've built many PCs before, but never something on the lower end of rigs. Was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for any pre-built machines that are on the cheaper end for basic games and perhaps youtube and such? Also seeking out suggestions for good games that aren't too complex. Shes a huge fan of Bejeweled, Tetris, Zuma, Dr. Mario etc.

    Lastly, I want to give her Netflix however she doesn't have a Smart TV. I'm looking for what would be the easiest solution with a simple interface to add Streaming Services to her TV.

    TLDR
    Mom Doesn't know Tech, looking for cheap PC / Simple Games / Streaming Stick / Entertainment Suggestions for the older crowd.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Rooness
    [link] [comments]

    Whats is good youtube channel for daily tech news?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 11:42 PM PDT

    Mystery here... why won’t my computer finish the turning on process

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    Hello computer experts, I own an HP pavilion and there seems to be a problem with it: it lights up, it has a hue of light, but it's not loading. I'm going to be running a diagnostics test over night to see if it can identify any problems. Why over night? Because HP computers are garbage and they cause nothing but trouble. A quick test should only take 2 hours, but with HP it'll take 7.

    So if anyone here would like to help me as I panic over a 1K investment... I'll be back in the morning with the run down

    submitted by /u/comradebuildong
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use Skype and, let’s say, Zoom at the same time (only one webcam)?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    Trying to get an old analog answering machine to work with Optimum VoIP. Is this the correct subreddit fro this project?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Pc

    Posted: 06 May 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Is a 27 inch monitor too big for gaming? Majority of streamers and pro players uses 25/24.5 inches monitors. Should i buy a 25 inch or a 27 inch?

    submitted by /u/johnlouis16
    [link] [comments]

    does any find & replace program let you replace text without opening a popup window?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Im currently using notepad ++ but it requires a few steps to replace the text heres a gif of what I mean https://gfycat.com/FastOldAmazondolphin At the moment what I do is press "ctrl+h", press "alt+a" but id like a way to do it instantly without having to open the replace window

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    NAS for phone photos and file backups

    Posted: 06 May 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    I'm looking to put together or buy a prebuilt NAS for file backups and for my wife to save photos from her phone to. I'm looking for suggestions on mostly the software side. I want something that my wife (not very tech savvy) can use to backup photos from her phone and a few files as well as myself. I'm fairly tech savvy myself but have no experience in NAS's. I have access to some cheap, but fairly good Dell optiplex's through a local college, but I wouldn't be apposed to buying a purpose-built machine as well.

    I'd love to hear of people's experiences with different softwares and companies, both good and bad.

    submitted by /u/Cleansweap
    [link] [comments]

    Showing Yi Camera on Samsung Smart TV Via Echo Device

    Posted: 06 May 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i hope this is the right community for this question.

    I have the following hardware

    Google Home WIFI, MINI ECHO DEVICE, SAMSUNG SMART TV, YI Home Camera's

    I would like to wirelessly display my YI home camera onto my TV. Unable to do so far.
    TV is connected to internet via 'Ethernet' wired connection onto the same network
    Echo Device is connected too.
    YI camera's are connected to the Netgear WIFI extenders.
    I am direly confused about how camera can show up on my TV.

    submitted by /u/andydandy1986
    [link] [comments]

    25mbp fiber vs 200mbp cable, what’s the difference

    Posted: 06 May 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    I'm moving into a new apartment and my only options are basically AT&T fiber which can go 25mbp or xfinity cable which is 200mbp. My confusion is that 25mbp seems really low to me and I'm worried about performance issues. Why is the fiber bitrate so much lower than cable? Does it compensate by being more efficient than cable? In my house there is going to be three of us doing mostly Netflix and Hulu streaming and playing some online games. I also like to frequently download movies and such. What's the difference between the two and what would be recommended for my apartment's internet usage?

    submitted by /u/pastapaulistheman
    [link] [comments]

    I am looking on precisely which technology/framework/software to user to achieve those personal projects

    Posted: 06 May 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    2 questions : I am looking on precisely which technology/framework/software to user to achieve those 2 distinct cases:

    1) I'd like to create a website for video game recommendation. Pretty simple interface : search bar (dynamic if possible that will concatenate), few popular game icons. If user clic on an icon or select a game, a popup will appear asking which part of the game he prefered. Then depending on the answer, the main screen shall disappear and the result page will be display which shall consist in the following : a single icon on the top representing the initial game selected, and via a tree 5 game recommendations (icons) on the bottom (will work with TAGS within a DB). Which web technology will allow me to do that ? I do programming but not web related at all.

    2) I was wondering which type of software is able to do the introduction (first seconds) of the following video, and how much time it would typically take to make it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3EjzdKVFnc

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Galgu
    [link] [comments]

    can y70 ram be put into y500?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    My y70's mother board died so i got an old y500 to limp along till i get more cash unfortunately there is a ram issue were the ram keeps forgetting impotent files and causing a crash. I still have my old y70 and can easily pop them open and swap them they look the same except one of my y70 ones is blue instead of green (but the slots are the same so they will fit). it's been 5 years since i last swapped ram & i can't find much info online if it will work or much info on the stock ram these use.

    thanks in advance.

    edit: finally found what i was looking for online both seem to be ddr3 so it should work fine to my knowledge.

    submitted by /u/Michael_chipz
    [link] [comments]

    A question about bugs

    Posted: 06 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Majority of app updates are for things like "bug fixes". Were the bugs always there and it took a while for someone to find it, or did the app eventually, somehow, develop bugs?

    If it's the latter could you explain a little?

    submitted by /u/Bostradomous
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make my HDMI port on my laptop connect to the NVIDIA card and not the integrated graphic card?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    My laptop was supposed to be VR ready but when I tested it via the SteamVR test, it detected the wrong GPU which is supposed to mean that my HDMI port is connected to the wrong card?

    submitted by /u/magdakitsune21
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment