• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Tech Support - Can AMOLED screens have different brightness on different parts of the screen?

    Tech Support - Can AMOLED screens have different brightness on different parts of the screen?


    Can AMOLED screens have different brightness on different parts of the screen?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    So for example, an AMOLED screen is showing all white, can the other half be made more dim while the other remains bright?

    submitted by /u/MrChezSandvich
    [link] [comments]

    Friends can't enter a Minecraft Server

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I have a Minecraft server with my friends, and when I tried to assign a static IP to my computer so the IP doesn't keep changing, they couldn't get in (they were getting the error: io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused no further information) and the funny thing is that I can get in there with the same IP as I'm giving them (the same port two). Any information would be really helpful.

    (I am not an expert so sorry for bad information)

    submitted by /u/jtayped1
    [link] [comments]

    What Remote Dekstop should I use to access my PC on a Chromebook?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    For the last week I've idly tried getting a remote desktop thing working where I can access my PC from my chromebook a couple metres away when I'm in bed to play the kinda stuff I wouldn't be able to access on a chromebook. The only one I've been able to try is Chrome Remote Desktop, but I've experienced huge latency whenever I try to open a game and distorted audio to match that I haven't been able to fix. Is there an alternative or a simple fix I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/asrielcat
    [link] [comments]

    Can a raspberry pi (3 b+) run BlackArch?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:27 AM PDT

    Tagging and searching huge collection of text

    Posted: 09 May 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    I have a huge collection of typed notes in a single file from the past few years. I wanted to index each paragraph with tags so that it'll be easy for me to search through the notes using tags along with keywords. Is there any software (preferably free) with good UI that can help me with this?

    submitted by /u/athleticoder9
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my seven year old GPU still working so well? (GTX 650 TiB)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    I built my computer seven years ago with mid-line parts all around. I'm happy with it still, rarely run into games I can't play (I'm not big on FPS games), and haven't lost any horses from my components' power.

    But, something baffles me. I can still run relatively new games (BF1) at high settings and get 45+ FPS. My graphics card is a GTX 650 TiB, which is a wildly overpowered thing for what it is, but I'm astonished it can still pull what it does.

    When games call on my CPU in any intensive way (Cities Skylines), the game will chug (3.2 gHz i3 from 7 years ago is weak). But graphically intense games run very well on my now ancient GPU.

    I know the 650 TiB compared well against even 870s in terms of performance, which just baffles me more.

    Why is this?

    What really differentiates Nvidia's Ti -- especially their Ti Boost -- cards from their regular ones?

    submitted by /u/JohniiMagii
    [link] [comments]

    [Routers] Help me find a good router for a FTTC connection

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I'm a decently tech savvy person and I am getting absolutely blown away by trying to find the best way to get internet out of the ground and into my computer. I mean you've got all the normal pitfalls of bad devices and compatibility but you've also got all the names blending together!

    So, I'm in East Australia and my house is connected to the nbn through FTTC. I believe that means I only need a router since I've got a little white nbn box which looks like a modem and apparently functions a bit like one too.

    So I did my googling and was eyeing the "D-Link DSL-4320L Taipan" but I wasn't impressed with the price. Then I found a forum post asking essentially the same thing I am and I really loved the sound of the "TP-Link Archer C3150" but it seems to have been discontinued and that's when I realised the forum post was quite old.

    I'm hoping to get something between $150-$250. I play games very often and we have a 4 bedroom house thus lots of active devices. A large wifi range would be nice but from the layout of the house we're already prepared to get an extender. I don't need voip and I don't need fancy tuning options.

    Please help me navigate this maze of nonsensical router names.

    submitted by /u/RiKSh4w
    [link] [comments]

    Using alternate MAC Address to connect to WiFi on Xbox One

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    I recently moved into a new residence at my university and to use the Ethernet you have to sign in through the schools authentication system. This is impossible to do on an Xbox, so I wanted to ask if I could set up the Ethernet on my laptop and then use the laptops MAC Address as the new MAC Address on my Xbox? Or would I still need to log in when connected to the Xbox. Not sure how to go about this so any recommendations would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/jack_brown18
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for enclosure for multiple laptop hardrives

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I've had like a million laptops over the years, and I've got a load of hard drives just sticking around, yeah they're slow but to me storage space is storage space.

    Anyway, is there any (Preferably hot-swappable) hard drive enclosures for multiple 2.5" drives? Internal or external, I don't mind, but it'd be nice not having to risk breaking the SATA interface on one of those cheap things off ebay.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/toby23988
    [link] [comments]

    How to search in all sub-pages and sub-websites of a site

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm not sure what is the right term for what I have in mind. Let's say we call overdrive.com as the main website and member libraries like nypl.overdrive.com or lapl.overdrive.com as sub-websites.

    Is there any way to search for a specific book in all this sub-websites? I'm doing a little project by myself about availability and quantity of books in libraries and I need help with my data. Thank you in advance

    p.s: I tried default overdrive search but I can only search in my own libraries and not all libraries.

    submitted by /u/hossein1376
    [link] [comments]

    what do I need to know about upgrading my laptop solid state drive

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    It doesn't have a panel on the bottom -- it's a small lightweight Lenova Flex 11, so is that going to be a problem? It does have ten phillips screws on the main body, on the bottom. If I buy a new SSD on Amazon, what sort of problems am I likely to encounter?

    I've never installed a hard drive before, but I'm comfortable opening up my desktop tower and doing work on it, installing a video card, taking out the CPU fan to clean the dust out, that kind of stuff. Never opened up a laptop before though. Should I just bring it to a professional?

    submitted by /u/inlieuofcoin
    [link] [comments]

    Hey AskTechnology, is it possible to get direct access to the video streams of each participant in a conference call?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    I'm designing an online show and it would work so much better if I could put each video stream through OBS to choose how it displays instead of having to use the native video conferencing software layouts. I assume that such a thing would be open to massive abuse, but just checking, is it at all possible?

    submitted by /u/amightypirate
    [link] [comments]

    Do photo or video editing apps with permission to gallery upload pics to their server? Do we know for sure these don’t do that? Might be a silly question, but I always wonder what’s going in the background! Is their a way to track the outgoing data in iOS, other than not using the apps ;)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Anyone have experience buying a used Macbook screen?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Im debating spending about $80 to $100 dollars on a used screen from ebay because mine broke. My only alternative is dropping $500 on replacement through Apple or a local company. But I'm worried a used screen won't last or will work like shit. Any experience? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Internet_is_a_tool
    [link] [comments]

    How much performance boost will i get with extra raspberry pi s ?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    How much of extra performance will i get with a cluster of 3 raspberry pi s , How will it perform in cinebench or other benchmarking software and will it finally be able to do some basic tasks like video editing and browsing with more than 10 tabs open without lagging

    submitted by /u/YET_TO_BE_NAMED
    [link] [comments]

    Need tech advice for our small nonprofit

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    The social service agency I work for has been offered a one-time grant for technology. In addition to lots of hardware upgrades, I am looking into Microsoft 365 business. Dumb question....are file servers still needed and would additional antivirus protection be required?

    Also, what would be the estimated cost of a decent laptop which would last for more than six years? Most of our machines are in the 8-12 year range, so we have high expectations. :)

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/Clockwatcher68
    [link] [comments]

    How have smartphones fundamentally improved in the last 5 years?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    It came with my realization that my very first smartphone back in 2012 can still pretty much do anything my current one does: play Youtube, email, photo editing, bluetooth. Yet backtracking a few years from that though, phones were simps compared to touch screens of the 2010s. How else have smartphones fundamentally changed in the last ~5 years? (Disregarding processing speed, bigger screens, hd cameras, etc)

    submitted by /u/nitrodax_exmachina
    [link] [comments]

    Why did my phone just vibrate like crazy?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    My phone was vibrating at random intervals but so incredibly fast and it wouldn't allow me to open my phone. I restarted my phone to make it stop. When I opened my phone I didn't have any weird or mass amount of notifications. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9t pro (Android) if that means anything.

    submitted by /u/Nick4X
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing payed advertising sites ulimoney.xyz

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment