• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 31, 2020

    Tech Support - Is every one of the AMD's drivers open source , why does only AMD does it but not others like Nvidia or INTEL

    Tech Support - Is every one of the AMD's drivers open source , why does only AMD does it but not others like Nvidia or INTEL


    Is every one of the AMD's drivers open source , why does only AMD does it but not others like Nvidia or INTEL

    Posted: 31 May 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    Bombarding a Microsoft Teams meeting (macOS)

    Posted: 31 May 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    Is there a way I can send a lot of data through a Microsoft teams meeting, effectively slowing down the meeting due to high memory usage?

    submitted by /u/thesociallyencrypted
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesnt video call have a default protocol like sms/mms

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Like why can't we have cross-platform without needing to download another app?

    submitted by /u/SnowySupreme
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone or OnePlus?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    My current phone (OP5T) is in bad shape... I have a $1500 budget. Should I purchase a OnePlus8 or I should wait for the IPhone 12 Lineup? I like both android and iOS and have no problem with any of those.... Please suggest

    submitted by /u/CampingRunner
    [link] [comments]

    Sata power connector voltages

    Posted: 30 May 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Idk if this is a stupid question but im learning... my question is why does sata power connectors offer 3.3v, 5v, and 12v. My understanding is that hdd/ssd only use the cable so why does it need those 3?

    submitted by /u/snowcattt_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a makeshift method for Interactive Metronome (Neurotiming) Training

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    For those who are unaware of what this is- it is basically a training for syncronizing a given motor pattern (clapping, stomping, etc) with specific beats. The is quite a lot of legitimate research on it (see google scholar), and I know someone who it worked quite well for in regards to ADD improvement.

    Here are demo videos of what seem to be the only two products on the market for it. I would just purchase one, but unfortunately Interactive Metronome requires a license or certification of some sort to purchase (and it is very expensive), and Brainbeat seems a bit silly and for kids only. To clarify, I am an adult and I just want to do this on myself to see if it can help improve my ability to concentrate over time.

    Interactive Metronome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1vSIBKudAg

    Brainbeat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=058eNc41xVk

    I want to do something similar to this, but the only thing I really see myself needing is a way to measure the timing accuracy of repeated taps, hits, slaps, etc down to millisecond, and a programmable metronome. Just a small pressure/tap sensor that could interface with a smartphone or computer, basically?

    Is there anything that anyone can think up that would allow a similar type of output, measuring the timing of repeated hits or taps? I was thinking there might be some sort of parallel app or device for musicians (or drummers, specifically)? Even Dance, Dance Revolution-type technology is sort of on the right track.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SwimMatt15
    [link] [comments]

    (Paypal) Can I send a payment, but put it on hold until I receive goods?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    I live in NC and I am buying a ps2 from a guy from California. Is there a way for me to send a payment but put it on hold until I receive the ps2. I am afraid that the guy is not going to send anything after I send the money.

    submitted by /u/elchapobutinwhite
    [link] [comments]

    How to put windows on ssd through factory resetting pc.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    Title says it all. Just say if you need more info.

    submitted by /u/Bignuggetmuncher
    [link] [comments]

    1(ish)-cable solution with USB 3.1 gen 2 type-c with DisplayPort 1.4

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I have a ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU and was wondering if I can somehow minimize the number of cables connected to it. Currently, I have the charger, ethernet cable, HDMI cable connected to an external monitor and other peripherals connected directly to the device.

    Since the laptop has a USB 3.1 gen 2 type-c with DisplayPort 1.4, I wanted to make use of this by connecting my monitor using a standard type-c to type-c cable.

    As a result, my questions are:

    1) Would this even work?

    2) Would it then be possible to connect a USB hub to the monitor which my peripherals and ethernet cable are linked to?

    If this is feasible, the number of cables attached to my device would be reduced to 2 (the type-c cable and the power cable) which is why I am considering this option.

    The monitor in question is the LG UltraWide 34UC99-W

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/Fod3nator
    [link] [comments]

    Cursor sometomes clicks an additional time when i left click

    Posted: 30 May 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    A couple days ago, i had noticed that when left click something, it would click an additional time almost instantly after i click the first time. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Riceman__13
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    I purchased two identical HP 256GB USB flash drives. The first one reads 230GB's, and the second one reads 232GB's. Why is there a 2GB difference between these two flash drives?? Also, is 230/232GB's (26/24GB difference) the actual size for a 256GB flash drive?? Is this normal?, because there seems to be a bit of discrepancy there. Any advice would be very helpful and appreciated before I make the decision to return these. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/iflysolo69
    [link] [comments]

    How easy is it to transfer windows to an SDD

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am thinking about getting an SSD to replace one of my HDD drives and need your help. Currently I have a 1TB drive that came with the pc and a second 2TB drive I added later. Now I want to replace the 1TB HDDdrive with an SSD. The only problem I really don't have anymore open slots without trying to find the right mount. Is there some way I can transfer what's on the old drive onto the new drive externally so then I will be able to unplug the old drive and put the new one in it's place? Also, how easy it it to transfer everything over on the drive including windows so I don't have to reinstall anything and what's the best program for this?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/sumlime
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram block/restrict

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    On Instagram my girlfriend has a friend and when I go on her profile it says to me this friend has 0 posts.

    However when my friend visits this same profile it says she has 3 posts, the number of followers and following is the same and neither me or my friend have added her. her profile is private.

    My question is how is this possible? as Instagram doesn't mention that it is possible to not add somebody but hide your posts from them?

    hope you guys can help

    submitted by /u/nikee85
    [link] [comments]

    New TV recommendations

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a 4k TV with hdmi 2.1 that is a max size of 43 inches. I'm a bit short on space so I can't really have anything bigger than that. I also don't want to skip out on the hdmi 2.1 feature as I am also planning to get a next gen console which is said to be able to take advantage of it. And needless to say, the lower the price the better. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dubs_again
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for a router

    Posted: 30 May 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    I am looking at routers for my house. 5 residents, all on smartphones, most of us stream Netflix either on TV or phones. Three of us also work from home. Trying not to spend a fortune on a router, maybe $150. What suggestions do you have or what specs should I look for?

    submitted by /u/OmnipotentDoge
    [link] [comments]

    Can you make messages received through the inbox of a page that you're an admin of get forwarded to your email??

    Posted: 30 May 2020 10:33 AM PDT

    Haven't been able to find a way of doing this.

    There's a way to do it for messages left on the page itself I think, but apparently not messages that you receive through the inbox of a page.

    submitted by /u/Lostwhispers05
    [link] [comments]

    Livestream off of an SSD.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    This time,I very respectfully ask and wonder,Is it possible to Livestream off of an SSD.

    submitted by /u/Barber54
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for buying a new laptop

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:20 AM PDT

    I am planning on buying a brand new laptop and i need it to have a bit of power and looks simple and clean with a good build quality, i was eyeing out the Razer Blade, it looked like the perfect package for me but unfortunately it's overpriced in my country compared to the original pricing on Razer's website, then i looked at Dell's G5 and G7 and they look like great performers but they're quite thick and feel cheap with their plastic build, therefore i'm asking for some suggestions to a laptop that looks slick yet capable any help is greatly appreciated 🙏. Ps my budget is 1600$.

    submitted by /u/Alyaf3i_
    [link] [comments]

    Can a website, that I have open in one browser, see what websites im currently using / have used in another?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    With the epidemic in most countries, there are many exams converted into online tests. Someone at my uni said that during such an online test you cant open a different website, because the test website will register that apparently and you automatically get disqualified.

    I was wondering how that should even work. Is it even possible to register when a private PC opens up a different browser and if yes how? That sounds a lot like spying on peoples private life and i doubt that would be legal.

    I know that some browsers and many websites read your cookies, but you can apparently negate that by using a private tab on a browser like firefox, while having the website that would spy on you open in another browser. Is that right?

    submitted by /u/XKemoX
    [link] [comments]

    No internet, 3gb on phone per/month, wanting to tether connection to computer, wondering how to maintain lowest data usage possible

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    I am currently disabled (I'm waiting on a hearing for the next year, so I won't have any money until then); I have a government phone which only comes with 3gb a month of data, but I can (occasionally) check out a hotspot from the library (which has unlimited data).

    This means I have enough to (periodically) update things like my computer, league of legends, browsers, flash, etc., but for the remainder of the month (figure about 2/3), I don't have "unlimited" internet.

    My phone is extremely slow (to the point where it's not even worth browsing on), so I'd like to keep my desktop consistently tethered to my phone.

    From my understanding, I should be able to keep playing League of Legends (yes yes I know there will be lag, lol); I'll need to update it inbetween hotspot checkouts from the library.

    Obviously, watching videos and listening to music with only 3/gb of data per month is out, but what else should I do to make sure that my data lasts me?

    submitted by /u/OrdanCoal
    [link] [comments]

    Yellow spot appearing on projector image after being turned on for about an hour.

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    I heard it might be a burnt polarizer but I'm not sure. How would I fix this? And what would I need to buy?

    http://imgur.com/gallery/uLiXKST

    submitted by /u/cihanimal
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the FX 8320 have such a high bus speed compared to the Ryzen 5 3600?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    I was looking at the specs of my old CPU (AMD FX 8320) and comparing them to my new CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 3600). I noticed that Ryzen had a much lower bus speed than the older FX CPU. The Ryzen has 100 MHz bus speed while the FX has a HT-link 2600 MHz. Source (Dutch): https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/compare/320103;1390250/

    I made my own conclusion based around my beginners knowledge about computers, but I don't know if this is correct, so if anybody with more knowledge about this subject could confirm or explain it why I'm wrong.

    I know that the bus speed from the south bridge to the north bridge is way slower than the bus speed from the north bridge to the CPU. I also know that the Ryzen processors have the north bridge built in, while the FX series doesn't. So my guess is that the Ryzen processors only shows the bus speed to the slower south bridge (as it has the north bridge built in), and the FX processor shows the bus speed to the way faster north bridge (because that one is still on the motherboard).

    Is this correct? If not, please explain why as I'm always happy to learn more. I'm asking this here because I couldn't find much about this on the internet.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/melvin2204
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment