• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Tech Support - What happens when AI equals humans at solving any CAPTCHA?

    Tech Support - What happens when AI equals humans at solving any CAPTCHA?


    What happens when AI equals humans at solving any CAPTCHA?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 10:23 PM PDT

    AI is steadily getting smarter; this is undeniable. What happens when it gets just smart enough to solve CAPTCHAs as well as humans and we have no way to keep out the spam?

    submitted by /u/DextroShade
    [link] [comments]

    What are all the OS’s?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    Just wanting to know. Seeing what phone/computer I should get.

    submitted by /u/katykatsipod
    [link] [comments]

    Can "single use" speakers make other sounds? (E.g. iPod clickwheel or microwave beeper.)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    This has always been a curiosity of mine since the iPod clickwheel.

    Assuming that the "click" sound is being pumped out of a speaker, is it physically possible to make it play something else? What is the limiter here, hardware or software?

    Are the beeps in microwaves played out of regular speakers with a tweeter woofer etc, or is there some other mechanism for making one specific sound?

    Getting more sophisticated, how about those newfangled dishwashers that play a jingle when they're done. Surely that has to be hackable so it could theoretically play music of some sort?

    submitted by /u/losingit19
    [link] [comments]

    What are these devices on my network?

    Posted: 21 Aug 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    I'm seeing a strange device on my network.

    MAC address from first device: E2:DB:47:4F:8C:A0 MAC address from second device: 74:58:F3:45:09:F8

    I don't know what these are, can someone help me out.

    submitted by /u/i_am_at_work123
    [link] [comments]

    HDCP Bypass

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 07:34 PM PDT

    I recently bought myself a 4k monitor to use in conjunction with a MacBook Pro. It has worked well for streaming until today when I was blocked from streaming in 4k on Amazon (the resolution was locked to SD), and on the Criterion Channel I couldn't stream to the monitor at all. Are there any useful methods for bypassing this? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/00_sam
    [link] [comments]

    Can you identify this Windows 10 PC app sound?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    Hi. I'm using Windows 10, and there's a sound that plays that's not in the Windows sounds menu, and I can't figure out what's playing the sound. Can anyone identify this please? Thanks,
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhB3R22Z8sJBhqczx7tqPzfny-gVlg?e=dnxwOW

    submitted by /u/AwTurds
    [link] [comments]

    Basic question: Can I project my voice over a bluetooth speaker to help me teach this year? Seeking tips/pointers for utilizing bluetooth or similar technologies to help me prepare for this school year as a teacher.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Hi, new here, and I'm a secondary teacher looking for a tech-wise solution to a pandemic-related dilemma. It is difficult to project your voice while wearing a mask.

    Vague ideas running in my head:
    There are such things as bluetooth headsets, wireless earbuds, bluetooth speakers, and phones that can connect to these devices. I own some of these things already. I wonder if I can somehow use a wireless microphone of some sort to capture my voice and play it over a speaker in real time* to amplify my muffled voice. Help/tips/guidance/insight on how this could be accomplished are greatly appreciated.

    Some concerns/considerations: Any delay longer than a small fraction of a second may ruin an otherwise successful approach. Battery life of the wearable/portable technology should be sufficiently long (not less than a few hours, at the minimum).

    Thanks in advance! I'll make sure to pass this on to other teachers if I get some good ideas.

    submitted by /u/KyleB0i
    [link] [comments]

    Can HDMI splitters be detected by software?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    Will software like let's say ProctorU detect that I'm using an HDMI splitter? I know it can detect dual screens if you plug them in the traditional way but will they detect them through a splitter?
    Edit: Thank you for the concern about what I'm trying to do but I'm already aware of why it's wrong and I already made up my mind so you can save those comments.

    submitted by /u/CharlieR02
    [link] [comments]

    Some websites think I'm in Croatia?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    I've recently noticed that sometimes websites will automatically think I'm in Croatia, I'm actually in the UK (North Yorkshire) My GeoIP says I'm in Wales (close enough), and using "where am i" pinpoints my current location. I have tried using a different browser and also disabling anti-virus.

    Any ideas, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Toblahoe96
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a cheaper replacable phone for a business phone service

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    I work at a drop in center for at-risk communities, and I have a problem here that I think might have a cheaper solution.

    The drop in center uses a business phone service that has multiple lines going in and out, and needs those bulky business phones to operate.

    We try to provide phone services for people who are not very well off and have poor responses to conflicts. This one instance, someone wrecked one of our very expensive desk phones and now none of our clients have access to phone services until we buy one of the expensive ones (which we really don't have the money to keep replacing)

    Is there a way to get a cheap replacable phone to tie into the business line?

    Edit: The phone that we keep having to replace https://standardtele.com/products/nortel-meridian-t7316e-display-phone-used-nt8b27

    submitted by /u/Rhallihan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment