• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    Tech Support - HDMI distance, amplifier/repeater, and switch questions, which do I need? Is a powered HDMI switch a repeater?

    Tech Support - HDMI distance, amplifier/repeater, and switch questions, which do I need? Is a powered HDMI switch a repeater?


    HDMI distance, amplifier/repeater, and switch questions, which do I need? Is a powered HDMI switch a repeater?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    So I have an Odyssey Plus VR headset and the HDMI length is a bit short. I already have a USB powered extension but I need one apparently for the HDMI.

    It comes in with HDMI 2.0 at 13ft length already, and I was going to extend it another 15 feet with a cable. Everything I read says it needs to be powered/repeated because it's running two 1600x1440 signals I believe. I also need to put in a switch so I can click a button and the output from my PC will change to the VR or my secondary HDMI monitor. I don't really care to have them simultaneously. Would rather click a button and switch between when in use.

    Is a powered 2.0 HDMI switch an active switch? Or a repeater/amplifier for HDMI? I cannot for the life of me find anything that says "yes a powered switch is a repeater/amplifier"

    And even then are there different levels? Im just trying to get so more reach from this VR headset without breaking the bank

    submitted by /u/PandaEatsRage
    [link] [comments]

    If I share a folder on Google Drive, can I see what exact documents and files the person I share the folder with opened?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:43 PM PDT

    I'm sharing a folder on my Google Drive that contains many documents and files with a freelancer, can I see what doc and file he opened?

    if someone shares a folder with me, can they see if I open it and what files I download etc?

    submitted by /u/Mike56265524
    [link] [comments]

    for thunderbird folders, can you display only messages thatre in your inbox?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    Theres a folder ive created [the folder is linked to a label in my gmail account] for a specific category of emails, but I only want to display emails for this folder thatre in my inbox – is it possible to do this?

    Can I make a folder which displays messages from a certain folder, that are only in my inbox?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to move your boot-hard drives between computers?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I have a really nice new desktop PC that I've owned for a few months now, and I love working on, but I do occasionally feel a bit annoyed when I have to work out of home for some reason, and need to use my laptop. Most of my important docs are stored in the cloud, but it got me thinking. Are there any devices out there, where I could essentially take the boot-M.2 drive out of my PC and put it in a laptop (semi-frequently) and turn that computer on and have my full desktop available on my laptop, and if not, what are the limiting factors in a system like that existing?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Deathsmith8
    [link] [comments]

    Red lights on motherboard lighting up indicating problem with cpu and dram. Brand new components. Fans start but no display, endless boot loop but doesnt even get to bios. Please help

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Earlier today I messed up and flipped a led cable orientation around and something shorted or blew in one of my components. Now when I plug the power cord into the psu the cpu fan, gpu fan, and psu fan all start running without me pressing the boot button (it doesn't work either) but nothing shows on the display, also noticed the boot button led comes on for like 4 seconds along with those fans l. Its weird because the light and fans only stay on for like 5 seconds, thenthe fans stop, then it starts all over again ad infinitum. can only shut off with power switch on psu, not boot button on case. 2 red light indicators show on my mobo for cpu and dram. First cpu, then dram, they then shut off with the fans and boot button led, process continues again.

    No idea what is going on here as I am new to building. Did i blow out my cpu or ram? Or psu or mobo? Or case? All of these components are about ~5 days old besides my psu and gpu so I really hope I didnt break anything.

    Aorus pro wifi mobo, 16gb gskill ram, i7 9700k cpu, antec 550 watt psu, gtx 680, xpg battlecruiser case

    submitted by /u/rustaholic88
    [link] [comments]

    Is my ASUS X55C wifi card dead?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:58 AM PDT

    Hi

    Yesterday a familiar gave me her laptop to check it out, she said that she is not able to connect to wifi networks, even by wired connection she couldnt access to the internet.

    So I've checked her laptop, Windows 7 32 bits 4gb ddr3 ram and i3 cpu. It dosnt detect any networks and when I reach the windows diagnostic tool it says that I must turn the wireless card on.

    Well, then I searched on the keyboard for the special function keys for triggering the wifi connection but nothings happens, checked the device on the device manager and everything looks fine, also tried to install the latest drivers but I wasnt able to do it because on the instalation wizard it says that it wasnt able to detect the card. I've tried this and a lot more I found on the internet.

    Also, I booted with a live linux mint to check if is something OS related. The wifi didnt work but I managed to turn on the wired connection on this live linux.

    So there is only one chance, is the wifi card dead? By replacing it will get fixed?

    I even opened the laptop to check if the wifi card is there and is well connected which it is

    Im confused and out of options =/

    submitted by /u/tihomir22
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to create an online list of things people can filter by category and search through, without programming?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Hi! I need to create a web page where people go to and browse a list of items I have created, search through them, and filter them by category.

    • Items have a category (or two), a title, and a short description.
    • I want the list to be easy to use and nice to look at (so not a google sheets table). I want all the items (and descriptions) to be visible at the same time (not paginated, not requiring a person to click on the links to read descriptions).
    • I want it to be easy to add a lot of items to that list(300-400), from a text file or an excel table, or using a convenient UI, and edit them conveniently. So it's not a wordpress blog(too hard to manage hundreds of small items).

    Browsing, filtering, and adding items conveniently is the important part, searching could be done with Ctrl+F.

    Is there an online tool that can help me accomplish that easily?

    I'm pretty tech savvy and I could just code a custom website, but I'd really like to avoid that for now, I don't want it to turn into a side-project, I just need to accomplish this task. I'm looking for a simple workaround, a way to get this done this quickly and painlessly. So ideally it'd be a simple tool like google docs or trello or sharing a dropbox file, some easy way to provide the functionality I want without building a custom solution, but I can't seem to think of anything that would fit, for some reason. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/lumenwrites
    [link] [comments]

    How does Microsoft pull off backwards compatibility so well and Sony cant?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Is there any reason police bodycams malfunction very often when police are doing contentious actions? It feels like bodycams break whenever the cam would have revealed a procedural error or worse on the police behalf. Is there a potential reason for this? Shouldn't they be robust enough?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Memory usage higher than what I'm using

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    In task manager it says that I am using 50% memory but in users it is only at 30%. Whats using the other 20%?

    submitted by /u/greatgrasso
    [link] [comments]

    How mbps would I need in my internet plan?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    My boyfriend and I are moving into a ~700 square foot apartment and are looking at internet plan options. The plans are all unlimited data up to either 400 Mbps, 600 Mbps, 800 Mbps, and 1 Gig.

    We each have a laptop and phones, we stream youtube videos/Netflix daily, as well as play video consoles and online games like The Sims. Below is our list of devices.

    • 2 iPhones
    • 2 laptops (possibly an additional work laptop)
    • 1 Smart TV
    • 1 Firestick
    • 1 PS4

    Based on the information, could you guesstimate which plan would be best for us? I've used websites online that guess how many Mbps is needed, but they've all come up with ~30 - which seems a little low - so I would love other opinions!

    submitted by /u/wheneverforget
    [link] [comments]

    Sd card issue

    Posted: 29 May 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate sub to post this, but I'm having issues decrypting an sd card. I got a new phone and went ahead and put the sd card in the new phone from the old phone without decrypting it before. Now I'm unable to decrypt the sd card even when I insert it back into the old phone. Is there anything I can do, or I'm i screwed?

    submitted by /u/Overman768
    [link] [comments]

    How "future proof" are our phones atm?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Ik its an odd question but basically i have a semi decent phone and id like to keep it as long as possible, could a good phone day still be in use 10 years from now? Or is it more likely that the technology will force me to upgrade to be able to connect with people

    submitted by /u/HeavyTeam4
    [link] [comments]

    Does the HP Pavilion 15-e086nr Notebook PC support Bluetooth?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    Or am I missing an on switch?

    submitted by /u/Inexperienced__128
    [link] [comments]

    Plagiarism checkers

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am curious behind these tools universities/colleges and even high schools use to check for plagiarism. How do they actually work? Do they scan the entire internet and their databases of previously submitted items? What if I send an email with a file does that get detected or not since it's behind a log in? I'm aware those tools aren't foolproof but they seem very expensive for what they actually do.

    Kind regards!

    submitted by /u/insomnia98
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    The laptop is this HP EliteBook Folio 9470M 14in Intel Core i5-3427U 1.8GHz 8GB 180GB SSD Windows 10 Pro (Renewed)

    I am in the market for a cheap laptop for college work, mainly word typing, surfing the web and youtube. I've been looking for a new one, but someone (of trust) offered me this deal for a very appeling price.

    Opinions?

    submitted by /u/shotlessnr5
    [link] [comments]

    What is so special and different about deepfakes compared to all other well-known forms of digital manipulation such as CGI?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Conferencing software for classroom presentations?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I work for a nonprofit that does presentations in classrooms. We're looking for a video conferencing software that will allow us to hold interactive virtual presentations next school year, since it doesn't look like special guests will be allowed in schools. We'd like to have more functionality than Zoom allows. Any recommendations??

    submitted by /u/Zephyr_T_D
    [link] [comments]

    blu ray player help

    Posted: 29 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a blu ray player to go in my laptop and I can't get it to play certain blu rays. it can't play a blu ray from 2010 but cant play one from 2012 I downloaded the files from https://vlc-bluray.whoknowsmy.name/ but nothing seems to work when I play the more modern film I just get the following messages

    Blu-ray error:

    This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for BD+ decoding, and your system does not have it.

    Your input can't be opened:

    VLC is unable to open the MRL 'Bluray:///F:/'. Check the log for details.

    any advice would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/AncientMilk
    [link] [comments]

    What’s a good tablet under 100 that can run roblox?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Is there any software or website where I could enter in everything I have to do, including tasks, attach documents, trigger reminders then check off when complete?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:05 AM PDT

    What happens if you set your monitor to 1hz?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    What's the lowest refresh rate you can set your monitor to, just for fun? Is it even possible to set your monitor to 1hz (1FPS)? How would it look like? Would it require specific software? I found nothing about it on Youtube and google, it might be a useless experiment but I'm curious how low can you go. 30hz? 24hz? 15hz? 10hz? 1hz? 0.1hz? Would that be actually useful for anything, like checking frames in slow motion or just useless? So many unanswered questions

    submitted by /u/TBlazeWarriorT
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Radeons (especially rx580) way cheaper than the Nvidia equivalent?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    I saw that an Radeon RX580 is the equivalent of an Nvidia GTX1060 6GB, but half the price. Why is it so much cheaper? Are Nvidia overpricing or is something fishy with Radeons?

    submitted by /u/HaiAimLuca
    [link] [comments]

    Help with setting up Facebook?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    I tried to post this in r/Facebook but it got removed because my account is too new so trying here. I have a personal Facebook account but am trying to set up an account for work purposes for working as a teacher and want a separate account for this. Immediately after creating an account, before letting me onto the profile or account or anything, Facebook has asked to confirm my identity with a picture of myself. I am unsure why as I haven't used the account at all yet and they have no information to compare this picture against. I sent a picture a few days ago but nothing has happened, it still says it's waiting to be approved. I don't understand why it won't let me just set up an account? I would get it if there was suspicious activity but on a new account that I haven't even accessed I am confused. Does anyone know how this process works?

    TLDR: wondering why FB won't let me set up new account and why I need to authenticate it with a picture of my face

    submitted by /u/Afraid_Citron
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment